Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BEST KONG
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 76 6.13%
Diddie Kong 75 6.05%
Dixie Kong 84 6.77%
Lankey Kong 129 10.40%
Funky Kong 189 15.24%
Mario 198 15.97%
Tiny Kony 65 5.24%
Candy Kong 61 4.92%
Chunky Kong 89 7.18%
Cranky Kong 125 10.08%
Wrinkley Kong (R.I.P.) :qq: 149 12.02%
Total: 719 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

[Helpful]

https://twitter.com/oliviadgrace/status/950075062920495104

This looks like it could be EXTREMELY helpful, going to try it out!

edit: I put it in the OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Ah yes, a desktop client in 2018.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
couch pun game on point

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Ramos posted:

More people should definitely do that, it helps the commentary massively.
There was a run a few years ago (Umihara Kawase?) where Blechy was basically commentating from a script in front of him, which was weird, but it worked because Blechy has a nice voice and he stayed impressively in-synch with the runner's progress.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

When are they playing Glover? I want to make sure I have time set aside for that.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

The Kins posted:

There was a run a few years ago (Umihara Kawase?) where Blechy was basically commentating from a script in front of him, which was weird, but it worked because Blechy has a nice voice and he stayed impressively in-synch with the runner's progress.

I remember that, pretty short and really intense game I think.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

The Kins posted:

There was also a joke where Blechy read that the runner should've finished the game by the time Blechy reaches that part of the script and since he didn't, he had messed up at some point. (which he wrote in the script)

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
*Wakes up*

*Makes cofee*

*Turns on AGDQ*

Disappointedly: "Raaayymaaaannn???"

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

This Rayman run is great and entertaining!

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

F. Lobot posted:

This Rayman run is great and entertaining!

For real or sarcastically? If it's good I'll cast aside my aspersions and try to enjoy

E: I mean, Spike is commentating which is always a good sign

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

The couch & runner commentary makes a lot of this run, even though I'm not a Rayman fan either.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
the game with the Blechy script was Umihara Kawase, which is being run again this year by bjw, although a longer category

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
hello friends, my fever is gone so I am going to work after sleeping the last 18 hours or so. Sorry I havent been able to shitpost with you all much this time, any runs from the last day or two that come highly recommended?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

timp posted:

For real or sarcastically? If it's good I'll cast aside my aspersions and try to enjoy

E: I mean, Spike is commentating which is always a good sign

It's good. He plays really well and it 's got some fun skips

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

funmanguy posted:

hello friends, my fever is gone so I am going to work after sleeping the last 18 hours or so. Sorry I havent been able to shitpost with you all much this time, any runs from the last day or two that come highly recommended?

Skyrim was fun, both DKCs, Mega Man X race, maybe Warios Woods if you like learning a poo poo ton about a game you've probably not thought about in a decade

Lots of the runs have been entertaining at the very least

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

This would be pretty rough without SpikeVegeta there, 90 minutes is a long-rear end run for a platformer

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

funmanguy posted:

El Matador for sure, relatively short run but completely amazing. Serious Sam 3 wasn't bad either, and Burnout is a pretty chill run with a lot of great donation comment jokes.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Rayman is a great speed game because it's incredibly hard so has ample fuckup potential and yet has a load of cool movement stuff so if the runner is nailing everything it looks super cool.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
thanks, i've seen part of all of those runs. this rayman run is solid too. oh and aladdin, how was the mgs stuff? I passed out before I got to see it

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
MGS was great. MGS3 was..a mess. Still decent, but a mess.

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.

timp posted:

For real or sarcastically?

For real. It's a good run.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

funmanguy posted:

thanks, i've seen part of all of those runs. this rayman run is solid too. oh and aladdin, how was the mgs stuff? I passed out before I got to see it

MGS1 was another really good run, MGS3 it's really hard for me to say if it was good or not. The runner garnered some pretty mixed opinions from moment to moment in this thread (the poor dude went from being overly arrogant to nearly having a nervous breakdown). If you're one of those people who loved MGS3 you'll probably appreciate it

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

funmanguy posted:

MGS3 run wasn't great but check out the very end for Sumi singing Snake Eater and crushing it

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

tyblazitar posted:

El Matador for sure, relatively short run but completely amazing. Serious Sam 3 wasn't bad either, and Burnout is a pretty chill run with a lot of great donation comment jokes.

much appreciated.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Just like a woman. Always hiding behind their washing machines shooting beams out of rolling pins.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Regy Rusty posted:

MGS3 run wasn't great but check out the very end for Sumi singing Snake Eater and crushing it

thats what I wanted to hear!

is ewone doing a list this time?

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
lmao Spike "YEEUH! YEEUH YEEUH! That's so good."

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.

funmanguy posted:

how was the mgs stuff?

MGS3 was a huge mess, but that made it quite compelling.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Is the runner doing a SpikeVegeta voice impression or does his own voice have the exact same intonation

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Hey that's Jaku on the couch! The ginger with long hair. He's active in the Mario Maker community and he has a podcast with GrandPooBear (the guy who ran Super Dram World last year) that I enjoy. Jaku is cool

E: OH and he also runs Yo! Noid. He's a Yo! Noid runner.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

TeaJay posted:

Is the runner doing a SpikeVegeta voice impression or does his own voice have the exact same intonation

i didn't notice until you mentioned it and now i can't unhear it

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

timp posted:

Hey that's Jaku on the couch! The ginger with long hair. He's active in the Mario Maker community and he has a podcast with GrandPooBear (the guy who ran Super Dram World last year) that I enjoy. Jaku is cool

E: OH and he also runs Yo! Noid. He's a Yo! Noid runner.

He has made some solid puns and dad-jokes this run. He's made a fan out of me.

TeaJay posted:

The sound like two nerds who happen to have some Jewish heritage. I honestly don't think they sound all that alike.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

TeaJay posted:

Glad I wasn't the only one to notice :raise:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I can't believe they ejected Spike Vegeta from the event mid-Rayman run.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

funmanguy posted:

The sound like two nerds who happen to have some Jewish heritage. I honestly don't think they sound all that alike.

Same, the runners voice is much higher pitched than Spike's. I don't really hear it! :shrug:

Also I should have mentioned that podcast that Jaku does with GrandPooBear and XWater is called Super Warp World in case anybody wants to check it out, I'm sure they'll do a great AGDQ recap episode. https://podcast.warp.world/

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Random Stranger posted:

"Sir, that's too much excitement about Rayman. You gotta go."

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

funmanguy posted:

He has made some solid puns and dad-jokes this run. He's made a fan out of me.

It's not about _sounding_ alike but THEY DO THE SAME THING AT THE END OF SENTENCES with their voice sounding MORE GRUFF

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Random Stranger posted:

Good to see that the huge outcry against SpikeVegeta's ejection led to them reversing the decision.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Random Stranger posted:

thats what you get for shittalking Air-Canada

TeaJay posted:

It's not about _sounding_ alike but THEY DO THE SAME THING AT THE END OF SENTENCES with their voice sounding MORE GRUFF

Ah, I hear it now. they are a couple of gruf-boys for sure,.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

timp posted:

Same, the runners voice is much higher pitched than Spike's. I don't really hear it! :shrug:

it's not the pitch it's the growling

I swear he wasn't doing it at the start of the run

• Locked thread