Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BEST KONG
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 76 6.13%
Diddie Kong 75 6.05%
Dixie Kong 84 6.77%
Lankey Kong 129 10.40%
Funky Kong 189 15.24%
Mario 198 15.97%
Tiny Kony 65 5.24%
Candy Kong 61 4.92%
Chunky Kong 89 7.18%
Cranky Kong 125 10.08%
Wrinkley Kong (R.I.P.) :qq: 149 12.02%
Total: 719 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
spontaneous blindfold hype!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Haha that was good

MajorB
Jul 3, 2007
Another stupid '07er
rayman 1 owns

rayman 1 speedruns own

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
I can't stress enough how good the DYE run is. It is a really hard game that TGH makes look really easy.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Stokes posted:

I can't stress enough how good the DYE run is. It is a really hard game that TGH makes look really easy.

thanks friend, I will be sure to catch the vod

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

I'm really enjoying this Rayman run (surprisingly, I gotta admit), but that little cackle at the end of each level drives me nuts

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Freeing a post from the void

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

OH MY GOD

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Those 5 hits :eyepop:

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
I'm legit happy for these nerds playing Rayman. If they're excited I'm excited!

Just goes to show how important good runner and commentary are because I wouldn't give a poo poo about Rayman otherwise

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

That was way more entertaining than I expected.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Awww yeah, The Moon from Ducktales

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Mo_Steel posted:

Awww yeah, The Moon from Ducktales

:yeah:

The Moon theme is one of the best video game music tracks of all time.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Since there's a lull currently, I'm going to enlist the thread for a bit of help. I'm working on an A Link to the Past Randomizer glossary. If you're familiar with Rando and you want to help provide some term definitions, use the contact form on this site. http://randoguide.com

I've got a list of about 36 more terms I want to define before the run on Saturday

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

timp posted:

Since there's a lull currently, I'm going to enlist the thread for a bit of help. I'm working on an A Link to the Past Randomizer glossary. If you're familiar with Rando and you want to help provide some term definitions, use the contact form on this site. http://randoguide.com

I've got a list of about 36 more terms I want to define before the run on Saturday

I thought they were just gonna play a randomized ALttP, I didn't know we had to study a glossary to understand it :monocle:

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

timp posted:

What are you missing definitions for? Since I commentated a good number of runs in the tournament and before I'd be glad to help out if I can, but I'm too lazy to look through everything you've already got and figure out what you might be missing :v:

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Those jerks starting a new game right when Tal Tal Heights comes on :argh:

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Your Computer posted:

I thought they were just gonna play a randomized ALttP, I didn't know we had to study a glossary to understand it :monocle:

lol, hopefully you won't! I trust that the commentators will do a good job explaining terms. This is just to help fill in the blanks, especially for people who enjoy the run so much that they want to watch more after AGDQ ends.

abraxas posted:

What are you missing definitions for? Since I commentated a good number of runs in the tournament and before I'd be glad to help out if I can, but I'm too lazy to look through everything you've already got and figure out what you might be missing :v:

Here's a few from my list:

Right Side (Ganon's Tower)
Left Side (Ganon's Tower)
Dark Magician
Pumping
Torch Glitch
Bob's Torch, Bob the Janitor
Mimic Cave
Catfish
Stun Pack/Prize Pack
Tree Pull

Feel free to use links to things like the aLttP Speedrun wiki if needed. You have no obligation to spend your time on this but I'd certainly appreciate the assistance!

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
I don't know this game, but it rules so far.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Those Americans and their angriness!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

You know, I never thought I'd hear someone praising Dynamite Heddy's story, but here we are.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

TeaJay posted:

Those Americans and their angriness!

I never knew the kirby angry eyes phenomenon extended to other games

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I'm a bit confused here. You get bonus point icons and then they give you bonus points? These mechanics are just too tough to grasp.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Regy Rusty posted:

I never knew the kirby angry eyes phenomenon extended to other games

kirby angry eyes is just a symptom of a much larger disease infecting the american popular culture

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Your Computer posted:

kirby angry eyes is just a symptom of a much larger disease infecting the american popular culture

Distressing

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

What's up with the beefy dudes in their underwear turning cranks in the background

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
Mornin' thread did I miss anyth...

DoctorWhat posted:

yes that's supposed to be oddjob

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

raditts posted:

What's up with the beefy dudes in their underwear turning cranks in the background

Someone's gotta do it

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

raditts posted:

Nothing wrong with beefy dudes cranking their thang. I'm not perverted!

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

raditts posted:

please dont doxx me

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Big Dynamite Headdy fan here huh

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Those weren't puns! They were just words that sound like other words! :argh:

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

timp posted:

Feel free to use links to things like the aLttP Speedrun wiki if needed. You have no obligation to spend your time on this but I'd certainly appreciate the assistance!

Check your PMs homeslice :)

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
the "if x was y, would you call it z?" format of pun is generally weak, and those were certainly no exception to that. 3/10, you tried.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Oh wow I used to play this all the time in my childhood, but I could never remember the name. I don't recognize these levels so I obviously never made it very far.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

B-babyface

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnVag2Nwaug

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm still drowsy from waking up so early and this surreal game is really messing with me

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Reality is speaking to you. The world's a stage and there's a bear (NOT CAT) trying to ruin things for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011
Welcome!!

Missile Base

• Locked thread