Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BEST KONG
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 76 6.13%
Diddie Kong 75 6.05%
Dixie Kong 84 6.77%
Lankey Kong 129 10.40%
Funky Kong 189 15.24%
Mario 198 15.97%
Tiny Kony 65 5.24%
Candy Kong 61 4.92%
Chunky Kong 89 7.18%
Cranky Kong 125 10.08%
Wrinkley Kong (R.I.P.) :qq: 149 12.02%
Total: 719 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
god I'm so glad I didn't buy Fire Emblem Warriors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Someday one of the runs will be good

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
This is the Fire Emblem that finally got me into the series as it was one of Ambassador Program offers for the 3DS and I enjoyed the heck out of it. Helps it one of the friendliest one for leveling as it has a tower map you can revisit to get weak units leveled up.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Majuju posted:

it's the best fire emblem game though

disclaimer:i loving love dynasty warriors

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Majuju posted:

uhhh fire emblem warriors is nothing like fire emblem lol

i mean its a musou game so its bad for other reasons but still

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Majuju posted:

I've enjoyed it even if I don't know who lots of the characters are.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

"there's no way to make this stage interesting... thankfully all the enemies are just going to get out of my way and unequip all their weapons"

lmao

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
this is a pretty rad glitch

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

*chuckling* this boring fire emblem run has done nothing to starve my throbbing agdq erection

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
When's Tharja

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

For the record, the best FE protagonist is still Ike.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Majuju posted:

game coulda been good if the roster wasn't just 95% modern characters

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Ramos posted:

strong agree

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Kaubocks posted:

game coulda been good if the roster wasn't just 95% modern characters

unfortunately, marketing

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Hivac posted:

I actually thought you were talking about Stahl because I genuinely forgot Kellam even existed
I've forgotten most of the characters honestly, or only remember bits and pieces. But I remember that guy.

Still haven't finished it either. Got bogged down at some point and never got back to it. For some reason I have a really bad track record for abandoning 3DS games halfway through.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ramos posted:

Of course

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
eww fog of war

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
My favorite FE protagonists are Marth, lady Marth, Marth with red hair and buff Marth

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Hivac posted:

unfortunately, marketing

yea i totally get why, just as a older FE fan it's kind of a huge bummer for me

also i loving hated fates and most of its cast so i'm super not interested in seeing every single royal

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Vanessa being the primary murder vehicle in this is interesting because in a run that isn't swiss cheesed with RNG exploits she's never ever good

Kaubocks posted:

also i loving hated fates and most of its cast so i'm super not interested in seeing every single royal

Fates managed to have one of the most boring casts in a series that's full of boring casts which was really impressive. Also immensely disappointing after awakening but what can you do

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

has a musou game ever been ran at gdq :unsmigghh:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Nice, the ONE thing you can do to speed this game up and you forget to do it.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Kaubocks posted:

yea i totally get why, just as a older FE fan it's kind of a huge bummer for me

I feel like if you had any semblance of taste you wouldn’t like Fates. The plot was just unbearable.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I got hooked on FE via Awakening. I think I barely got halfway through Fates Birthright before I couldn't keep caring.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

uhhh fire emblem warriors is nothing like fire emblem lol

i mean its a musou game so its bad for other reasons but still

I love and buy most musou games but I just couldn't bring myself to buy FEW. the weapon triangle thing seemed really annoying in the demo and as a non-fan I couldn't really pick a character to be like "yeah I'll buy this poo poo to play that guy" like I did with, say, Hyrule Warriors

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

jimmydalad posted:

I feel like if you had any semblance of taste you wouldn’t like Fates. The plot was just unbearable.

i have friends that just shrug and go "eh i've seen worse" and it makes me feel like i'm going crazy because the plot was so bad i never even finished a single playthrough

was playing conquest. never even gonna touch the other ones

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Isn't Fates the game where you drug a lesbian to fall in love with the male protagonist.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

This fire emblem run is boring, and I can't stand that guy on the couch either

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
:rip: Advance Wars.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Majuju posted:

as a non-fan I couldn't really pick a character to be like "yeah I'll buy this poo poo to play that guy" like I did with, say, Hyrule Warriors

This happened with a lot of fans too i think

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Ramos posted:

Isn't Fates the game where you drug a lesbian to fall in love with the male protagonist.

Legit, I have videos like this on my hard drive

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

beep by grandpa posted:

Legit, I have videos like this on my hard drive

how's the bass beat on 'em

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

The boring part isn't even the game itself or the runner/couch. I love these dudes and all but the fact that he's "just" manipulating RNG a whole bunch and knows exactly what's gonna happen, even down to "hey this character is gonna hit their 2% crit chance riiiight HERE!" just kinda makes it boring. Like someone else said earlier, this is just a slow and manual RNG manip TAS.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

jimmydalad posted:

I thought the gameplay in conquest was stellar and I don't care about the bad story since I can just skip it and/or laught at it

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Majuju posted:

I love and buy most musou games but I just couldn't bring myself to buy FEW. the weapon triangle thing seemed really annoying in the demo and as a non-fan I couldn't really pick a character to be like "yeah I'll buy this poo poo to play that guy" like I did with, say, Hyrule Warriors

i'm not a huge musou fan but hyrule warriors was the bomb

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Kaubocks posted:

i have friends that just shrug and go "eh i've seen worse" and it makes me feel like i'm going crazy because the plot was so bad i never even finished a single playthrough

was playing conquest. never even gonna touch the other ones

I think I had to quit reading the LP of Fates during Revelation because all the characters sucked and I hated like half of them. Even though I’m a fan of musou games, I missed FE warriors cause too much Fates representation.

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.
Fire Emblem is trash

I love me some tactics games but FE really is garbage. Every mission is some annoying gimmick that kills you on your first play through but is trivially easy to counter if you know it’s coming. More enemies come in from the left! from the top! from those houses! from the ship! Etc.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

abraxas posted:

The boring part isn't even the game itself or the runner/couch. I love these dudes and all but the fact that he's "just" manipulating RNG a whole bunch and knows exactly what's gonna happen, even down to "hey this character is gonna hit their 2% crit chance riiiight HERE!" just kinda makes it boring. Like someone else said earlier, this is just a slow and manual RNG manip TAS.

i mean yeah but it's wild to me that someone can memorize the exact cursor movements needed over every single tile for so many missions

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Thursday Next posted:

Fire Emblem is trash

I love me some tactics games but FE really is garbage. Every mission is some annoying gimmick that kills you on your first play through but is trivially easy to counter if you know it’s coming. More enemies come in from the left! from the top! from those houses! from the ship! Etc.

I don't know why they keep flipflopping on bullshit move-on-same-turn-as-spawn reinforcements because it's the worst mechanic in every game that has it

Some games even can't decide on their own based on difficulty settings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Is this one of those playthrough "speedruns" where there isn't much to speed the game up and a lot is determined by RNG?

• Locked thread