Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Played the first episode of Life is Strange. It already has way better cinematography and soundtrack choices than anything I've seen from Telltale. I like how you can rewind time to see different choices, but it makes me feel a little neurotic. I'm trying not to just rewind every single action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

PantsBandit posted:

Played the first episode of Life is Strange. It already has way better cinematography and soundtrack choices than anything I've seen from Telltale. I like how you can rewind time to see different choices, but it makes me feel a little neurotic. I'm trying not to just rewind every single action.

The first song made me delete the game

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The opening song to Life is Strange kicks rear end, as does everything else about it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Kicked my rear end straight back to persona where the music and teen drama are good

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

teen drama is bad

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Imagine something like Dark Souls but instead of having to stand your ground and fight the Capra Demon, you had to confront every embarrassing thing you ever said to a girl back in high school. That game would fuckin rule.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Finished Murdered. It was good! I have no idea why they included a smartphone game-esque rating system for the investigations, it didn't seem to have any impact on the game whatsoever and never even ended up getting tallied. Kind of reminded me of the pointless grading system in L.A. Noire. Still, for a game that telegraphed everything as hard as it did, I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't see the twist coming. Ending spoilers for a four year old game: I kind of figured there was another ghost involved, but I was definitely not expecting that to be the final answer. :aaaaa:

Question about Uncanny Valley: Is it as bad as the first impression I got of it? I only gave it about five/ten minutes so far, but the immediate terrible pacing, awful font choice, and obscenely low res menu system really turned me off of it. Dear indie developers: Nobody made games that low res! Look how Undertale did it, it's still blocky but you can actually read things on the screen!

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

Imagine something like Dark Souls but instead of having to stand your ground and fight the Capra Demon, you had to confront every embarrassing thing you ever said to a girl back in high school. That game would fuckin rule.

still end up fighting the ceaseless discharge, tho

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

You get ambushed by a mimic except it's the mixtape you left anonymously in Jenny DiGiacomo's locker back in tenth grade in hopes to secretly win her affections.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Get constantly invaded by the cool kids

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

It should have an easy mode where what it does instead is just wipe my memory of every social interaction I had between the ages of 13 and 18.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if powersuits arent mechs why was tekkaman blade in super robot wars

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

Kicked my rear end straight back to persona where the music and teen drama are good

Looks like somebody is hot for teacher.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

chumbler posted:

Looks like somebody is hot for teacher.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nice

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Phantasium posted:

still end up fighting the ceaseless discharge, tho

Desperately seeking your first co-op session on bed of chaos

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

As much as I love Super Robot Wars at this point it has included series which are like "just a space battleship + some jets" and "human-sized baseball playing robot."

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Does Buster Machine 7 count as a mech?

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Real hurthling! posted:

The first song made me delete the game

You are a person with bad opinions.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Mech(anical)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

spudsbuckley posted:

You are a person with bad opinions.

I like you is that a bad opinion

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Real hurthling! posted:

I like you is that a bad opinion

Aw shucks, now i don't know what to say

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

As much as I love Super Robot Wars at this point it has included series which are like "just a space battleship + some jets" and "human-sized baseball playing robot."

both of those are mechs also

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

No! That's...that's not me!!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

spudsbuckley posted:

Aw shucks, now i don't know what to say

REBUKE HURTHLING (X) (B) EMBRACE HURTHLING

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am currently enjoying lazy minecraft building :D I like to link cave systems to other cave systems and pretty them up with flowers and paintings.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I really, really wish the PS4 version of Minecraft supported VR but I understand why it doesn't.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I dug up an old video from when I played king's field 2 jp for another conversation and I thought it'd be interesting to share in here because this is just one of those bits where you look at it and go "ohhh" cause you can see how far From has come since King's Field but also how some things have stayed the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9_91uPvLyw

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The Gundams in G Gundam don't have seats and I refuse to live in a world where not all Gundams are mechs

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i uninstalled elite dangerous the other day in the process of clearing out some space on my harddrive since i hadn't played it in months and now i really want to play some elite dangerous

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

FirstAidKite posted:

I dug up an old video from when I played king's field 2 jp for another conversation and I thought it'd be interesting to share in here because this is just one of those bits where you look at it and go "ohhh" cause you can see how far From has come since King's Field but also how some things have stayed the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9_91uPvLyw
Somebody at From really has a thing for naked insect-centaur ladies.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Haha yeah those crazy From people...

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Theres a hawk in the park across the street from my apartment and he yells his hawk yell non loving stop all day so i like flip on the lights or open a drawer and hear it get startled like im stumbling upon an angry hawk

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

exquisite tea posted:

Something Awful is kind of like a multiplayer text adventure, when you think about it.

code:
> post poo poo

You can't see any poo poo.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’m poo poo

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Endorph posted:

Tekkaman Blade starts using a mech to launch himself after his power crystal is damaged. QED

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

chumbler posted:

Does Buster Machine 7 count as a mech?
let's roll that beautiful bean footage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-yBz2pfMak

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Didn't they just put megaman in robot wars something-or-other?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Phantasium posted:

Didn't they just put megaman in robot wars something-or-other?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NLmYZg8SYw

Godzilla and loving Crayon Shin-chan are also in this game.

• Locked thread