Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Well Moore was a pedophile which no one can really get behind. Arpaio was abusive to brown people which Arizona can totally get behind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Neil Armbong posted:

Bike/swim or stretch. I used to get knee pain when I did way more running in college and went to a doc who pointed out my hamstrings were super tight, causing pressure/pain in my knees. Got a series of stretches to do to reduce/eliminate the pain that were p effective.

Same. Did you also have lower back pain? Every single time I went in for lower back pain the doc was like good lord your hammies are brutally tight. I have to stretch every night or my back/hammies hurt. I'm old.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Treadmills are cool if you don't get a cheap one.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

What the gently caress is your avatar

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Lol arpaio is running for Senate

Here's hoping he Moore's the gently caress out of that race

It'll be interesting to see how he splits the vote with kelli ward, and if mcsally will try and come off as a moderate (she can't, and maybe she stays out of it, though re-election in CD2 will be no cakewalk)

He might not even actually run, he hasn't filed with the FEC yet.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Intruder posted:

Well Moore was a pedophile which no one can really get behind. Arpaio was abusive to brown people which Arizona can totally get behind

He lost re-election, so at least _some_ of maricopa is tired of his poo poo

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Intruder posted:

In polling done when he was pardoned, Arizona voters opposed even pardoning Arpaio 50% to 20%. I'll be surprised if he has much of a chance there.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/new...ally/586957001/

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Qwijib0 posted:

He lost re-election, so at least _some_ of maricopa is tired of his poo poo

Yeah, but it was mostly because his poo poo was causing the county millions of dollars in lawsuits, less so because they were actually bad things.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Intruder posted:

One of those hilariously terrible Tom Brady times pieces.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I am nervous about more cardio because my knees already hurt a bunch and I'm not even 30. I think the only way to get the needed cardio in without knee issues is swimming?
Boxing m'dude

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
e nm

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
lmao someone really hates you

gently caress whoever bought that for getting rid of 28-3 :smith:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Climbing is the best it's a good workout, generally good people, and lots of fun!!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Kalli posted:

At home I have a ps4 in front of an exercise bike, and that's an easy way to get through 100 hour rpgs or slaughter orcs

At work I'll go hop on the elliptimill and watch netflix on a lovely tablet.

Oh my god you beautiful genius i could totally play rocket league while spinning

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

piss tape israel posted:

lmao someone really hates you

gently caress whoever bought that for getting rid of 28-3 :smith:

Pretty sure it was MJBuddy. I may have called him a bitch one too many times. Funny though how it proved my original point AND it got rid of the 28-3 av so double bonus! What's funny is I didn't even notice it since I have av's off. Chili notified me haha!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I should take my kids' Switch to the gym and play while on the bike

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Kalli posted:

At home I have a ps4 in front of an exercise bike, and that's an easy way to get through 100 hour rpgs or slaughter orcs

At work I'll go hop on the elliptimill and watch netflix on a lovely tablet.

I might try this with my switch, but I'd never be able to put my bike in the living room.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Switch goons, I highly recommend Nine Parchments! It is a fun little magic game that plays a bit like Diablo and is overall really fun...especially multiplayer.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Neil Armbong posted:

I might try this with my switch, but I'd never be able to put my bike in the living room.

Yeah, I took the mud room between the garage and kitchen in my house and just put a TV, bike and my weights in there.

It's cold in the winter and hot in the summer, and I work out between paint cans and bags of rice, but it's all worth it.

The previous owner had it setup as a golf shrine, which I think was way weirder.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Intruder posted:

there's a difference between "keep the criminals out" and "let my lawn guy stick around" that arpaio had the benefit of arguing as a sheriff about, that i dont really think will ring great when you are running for senate.

and the primary and election dynamics are going to be really bad for republicans when you are going to run on the maga alt right cranky old man platform and then face off against a blue dog.

not to mention obamacare and medicare/medicaid in arizona getting the worst end of the stick in the nation although who knows if the fox news crowd is going to just write off the dems and shoot themselves in the foot like they have in the past or not.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Intruder posted:

Someone bought me TB Times!

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Everyone in here talking about the games they like while I'm at work playing a game about being a shark and catching fish while I am idling a paperclip game at home.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, I'm trying to fix a very boring formatting issue with reports, while thinking about how to graph team wins by year vs record in one score games and have it look interesting.

Jon Bois I'm not.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
My boss is on my case to get my performance evaluation done uggggggh I don't wanna!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I don't play games at work, I just shitpost and clear out my Instapaper backlog.

I've been pacing myself on job hunts so far this year and using the free time to play Hollow Knight though, that game is rad.

piss tape israel posted:

My boss is on my case to get my performance evaluation done uggggggh I don't wanna!

I'm actually on my boss to finish mine because they were due last week and I'm afraid that my raise won't go through until he files it. Plus this year I don't have to do a self-evaluation which is nice I suppose.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jan 9, 2018

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

piss tape israel posted:

Yeah, mine's do at the end of the week, and god I hate doing it.

I'm just going to put it off until Friday afternoon then copy last year's for the 10th consecutive year.

Until then...

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm running into a conversion issue where Oracle vchar fields are case sensitive and SQL Server varchar fields are not, which means tons of violated uniqueness constraints that weren't tripped in Oracle. FUN!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

C-Euro posted:

I don't play games at work, I just shitpost and clear out my Instapaper backlog.

I've been pacing myself on job hunts so far this year and using the free time to play Hollow Knight though, that game is rad.

I did 0 job applications this weekend which was not good. I'm going to do at least one after work today and learn more coding.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I did 0 job applications this weekend which was not good. I'm going to do at least one after work today and learn more coding.

The best time to apply is before 10am on weekdays. If you haven't been getting many bites, try turning them in then vs on the weekends/late at night.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

As far as work goes I'm really just sitting in one of the group homes I manage because we have a client who is partially retired and no one else could work here today.

But overall he is independent as hell so it's been pretty slow.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The rain shorted out my work laptop keyboard so I'm using a wireless usb keyboard out in the world and I feel like a drat dingus.

The only key that works on the work laptop is F8 which is bound to asking if I want to turn wifi off and its firing off constantly. Nobody has the permissions to turn off the keyboard though lmao

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/ryanstruyk/status/950800386318888961

:what:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Intruder posted:

I'm running into a conversion issue where Oracle vchar fields are case sensitive and SQL Server varchar fields are not, which means tons of violated uniqueness constraints that weren't tripped in Oracle. FUN!

I take it you don't have full control over these? There are ways to force SQL server to be case sensitive but...yeah if it's not actually your own DB to change whatever you want...welp.

I remember dealing with this poo poo. Glad I don't have to anymore.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Spoeank posted:

The rain shorted out my work laptop keyboard so I'm using a wireless usb keyboard out in the world and I feel like a drat dingus.

The only key that works on the work laptop is F8 which is bound to asking if I want to turn wifi off and its firing off constantly. Nobody has the permissions to turn off the keyboard though lmao

if it's a dell or a thinkpad it's pretty easy to rip the keyboard out. like 2 screws and a cable plugged in

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Man speaks like a student who finished a one and a half page paper and the assignment needs two

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Neil Armbong posted:

The best time to apply is before 10am on weekdays. If you haven't been getting many bites, try turning them in then vs on the weekends/late at night.

poo poo, really? I'll have to try that out, what led you to that conclusion?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Yeah, I use to do an hour+ of job hunting and applying on some nights and it's just demoralizing when you work all day and then come home and work a bunch more for no (obvious) benefit. Gonna pace myself a little better in 2018, also I've resolved to play more video games in 2018 which is maybe counter-intuitive to getting a new job. But don't corporate gurus always say to work smarter not harder? :v:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

C-Euro posted:

Yeah, I use to do an hour+ of job hunting and applying on some nights and it's just demoralizing when you work all day and then come home and work a bunch more for no (obvious) benefit. Gonna pace myself a little better in 2018, also I've resolved to play more video games in 2018 which is maybe counter-intuitive to getting a new job. But don't corporate gurus always say to work smarter not harder? :v:

Have you looked into recruiters to accompany your search? It can be a hassle at times because they push jobs they want to push and may not necessarily be a great fit but it doesn't hurt to have a few more people looking for you.

Also, off-topic, but watched E2 of Dark and we are hooked!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I can't believe performance evaluations are a thing. The last job I had, some Orville Redenbacher-looking dickweed would just come by once a year and lie to me that the company didn't have any money for raises. Easy peasy.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

Intruder posted:

Unique on lower(field) god bless postgres

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

In conclusion, DACA is a bill of contrasts