Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I tried it on a Microsoft wireless hdmi dongle and it seemed to work fine but I was just using it to display some documentation or something. there wasn't lag but I also wasn't doing much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

aww yiss harman has decided that klipsch shouldn't have a monopoly on the 1970s monkey coffin speaker market

only four thousand dollars

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

that lucrative market of people who think "you know what i want? speakers that cost as much as b&w or proac but look like particle board junk from 40 years ago"

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

qirex posted:

aww yiss harman has decided that klipsch shouldn't have a monopoly on the 1970s monkey coffin speaker market

only four thousand dollars

I want to press all of those squares

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

The_Franz posted:

that lucrative market of people who think "you know what i want? speakers that cost as much as b&w or proac but look like particle board junk from 40 years ago"
only old people with memories of getting super high and listening to zeppelin on them in college have 4 grand for speakers

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I need ful led color control to properly represent MY GAMING BRAND

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I like having full control over the LEDs on my electronics so that I can turn them off, or at least set them to the dimmest possible red

blinding blue and white LEDs on everything are a plague

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

I like having full control over the LEDs on my electronics so that I can turn them off, or at least set them to the dimmest possible red

blinding blue and white LEDs on everything are a plague

I got a wireless charging pad made by anker. it has a blue LED but it's really tiny and discreet.

thanks, anker

thanker

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Shaggar posted:

continuum can be done wirelessly and I bet if u had a bt mouse and keyboard paired it would work.

it’s just too bad the phone itself was terrible

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

My Linux Rig posted:

yeah it has windows 10 on it

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
https://twitter.com/joannastern/status/950809627045670912

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Keep Moving

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

kwinklesOFFICIAL posted:

so i went and bought a dumb pioneer receiver with a flip up screen

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071X596WM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

for my car because it was the only one with carplay that fits in the old style single DIN space in my car. literally yesterday i ripped apart my dashboard getting the old one out

and then the people on the lotus forums tell me that most people who have installed a flip out display have had to CUT OFF THE END OF THEIR WIPER STALK to make the display not hit it on the way out so i was probably gonna return it and just hot glue an iphone to my dash or something.

then alpine announced this today which i don't generally like because it has that dumb hover look that the new mercedes cars have but i guess it's probably the best choice and it fits in a single DIN space so hey.

https://alpine-usa.com/company/press/ces2018/2018/new-9-inch-ilx-f309-in-dash-system-from-alpine-electronics-will-hover-into-many-vehicles

supposedly shipping in feb. I guess i will throw this old stupid parrot asteroid that crashes all the time in the garbage and wait for the alpine. If you were thinking about buying a parrot stereo for your car, don't, it is beyond garbage. runs bad andriod, crashes and randomly turns the stereo on and off without user input, the fm tuner app unexpectedly quits all the time, etc.

so CES is... good?

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

Extremely cool. Probably sound great. Definitely not worth the cash.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

yes let me use a wire like some loving caveman

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

muckswirler posted:

Extremely cool. Probably sound great. Definitely not worth the cash.

you can get some super primo speakers for less than 4 grand no doubt

these probably have an actual crossover in them unlike the originals

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

my phone doesn;t have this plug i dont know what you are talking about

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

solution: buy a better phone and car

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

My Linux Rig posted:

its a very good phone

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Shaggar posted:

its a very good phone

Endless Mike posted:

actually, it ran windows 10

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

i have a USB port in my console that will charge my phone and transmit audio

it also has Bluetooth

that combination has been more useful then any car dashboard has ever been. I wish they would just replace the dash with a magnetic port for your phone

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
wireless charger mount + apple carplay is the pro-est of setups

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
o gently caress how did i miss the ces laff thread :allears:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

kwinklesOFFICIAL posted:

so i went and bought a dumb pioneer receiver with a flip up screen

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071X596WM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

for my car because it was the only one with carplay that fits in the old style single DIN space in my car. literally yesterday i ripped apart my dashboard getting the old one out

and then the people on the lotus forums tell me that most people who have installed a flip out display have had to CUT OFF THE END OF THEIR WIPER STALK to make the display not hit it on the way out so i was probably gonna return it and just hot glue an iphone to my dash or something.

then alpine announced this today which i don't generally like because it has that dumb hover look that the new mercedes cars have but i guess it's probably the best choice and it fits in a single DIN space so hey.

https://alpine-usa.com/company/press/ces2018/2018/new-9-inch-ilx-f309-in-dash-system-from-alpine-electronics-will-hover-into-many-vehicles

supposedly shipping in feb. I guess i will throw this old stupid parrot asteroid that crashes all the time in the garbage and wait for the alpine. If you were thinking about buying a parrot stereo for your car, don't, it is beyond garbage. runs bad andriod, crashes and randomly turns the stereo on and off without user input, the fm tuner app unexpectedly quits all the time, etc.

so CES is... good?

anything that makes good head units for cool phones is good with me

My Linux Rig posted:

i have a USB port in my console that will charge my phone and transmit audio

it also has Bluetooth

that combination has been more useful then any car dashboard has ever been. I wish they would just replace the dash with a magnetic port for your phone

also this. loving great having the option to plug in my phone but it all being easy to access even if i dont because of bluetooth

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

also when ces is over im gonna need a super cut if ever increasingly goofy headset because vr is somehow still popular

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

alienwares have had this for a while now

also uh i guess kodak coin is real? lmao

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

ner juft uxe bloofoof udio it foudnz evaftly ve zame

aux in jack supremacy

but seriously though why does bluetooth audio have to sound so terrible

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy
guess kodak is still hard up for cash, huh

https://twitter.com/chrisbhoffman/status/950861459302445056

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

"This is the dumbest poo poo I’ve ever seen at CES."

this is a pretty bold statement considering the kind of poo poo that shows up at ces.

it's dumb as gently caress, but idk if it even cracks the top ten

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

surprised no one posted about toyota's guild navigator tank, the e-palette. an autonomous mobile store. this is now the fourth time i've seen bullshit like this, what the gently caress

quote:

It'll be fully electric and support autonomous driving technologies either from Toyota or from the companies that use it. It's an open platform for ride-sharing, retail, delivery, or really anything a business can think of.

"Just think how great e-Palette will be at Burning Man," Akio Toyoda, president of Toyota Motor Corporation said during the press event.

Toyoda started off the press event announcing, "It's my goal to transition Toyota from an automobile company to a mobility company." He announced the automaker's latest competitors, Google Apple and Facebook.
:okpos:

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

infernal machines posted:

"This is the dumbest poo poo I’ve ever seen at CES."

this is a pretty bold statement considering the kind of poo poo that shows up at ces.

it's dumb as gently caress, but idk if it even cracks the top ten

at least the general trend of sticking screens on kitchen appliances and prepending the name with the word "smart" so they can double the price and cut the service life from 25 years to 5 by discontinuing software updates seems to be coming to an end

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

it's anything you want it to be, with wheels

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

i'm the fired pr guy who spelled the company's name wrong in the press release

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

"just think how great it'll be at burning man"

i'd think an oled screen would be rather a big deal anywhere in 2012

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

The_Franz posted:

i'm the fired pr guy who spelled the company's name wrong in the press release

but he didn't

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

...that's the guy's last name

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

The_Franz posted:

dude have you SEEN proac speakers 'cos they're fuckin ugly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

infernal machines posted:

...that's the guy's last name

yeah, i glanced over the president of toyota being named toyoda

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

dude have you SEEN proac speakers 'cos they're fuckin ugly

looks fine to me. some of the finishes they offer aren't my taste, but idk who is going to pay $4k for speakers that look like they are meant to complement orange shag carpet since anyone with that kind of cash for speakers has probably updated their decor at some point during the last several decades

The_Franz fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jan 10, 2018

• Locked thread