Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

weird Asian candy posted:

Have you looked into recruiters to accompany your search? It can be a hassle at times because they push jobs they want to push and may not necessarily be a great fit but it doesn't hurt to have a few more people looking for you.

I am well-versed with recruiters, yes. Hell I'm married to one, but her firm only deals with V-suite and C-suite positions. My experience with them has mostly been OK, it's just that if the first job they come to you doesn't work out then you never hear from them again. And I'm pretty sure a recruiter left me a voice mail today for that six-month contract position that I already turned down with another recruiter!

My wife says I need to network more but I have a hard time talking to people that I don't know, and also a hard time puffing myself/my accomplishments up in conversation. I should practice that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Quiet Feet posted:

I can't believe performance evaluations are a thing. The last job I had, some Orville Redenbacher-looking dickweed would just come by once a year and lie to me that the company didn't have any money for raises. Easy peasy.

I have gotten a raise pretty much every year between 12-48 hundred, but either my bosses or I have no idea on how to measure my productivity because I have no idea what determines what raise I get.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

C-Euro posted:

poo poo, really? I'll have to try that out, what led you to that conclusion?

Yeah, I use to do an hour+ of job hunting and applying on some nights and it's just demoralizing when you work all day and then come home and work a bunch more for no (obvious) benefit. Gonna pace myself a little better in 2018, also I've resolved to play more video games in 2018 which is maybe counter-intuitive to getting a new job. But don't corporate gurus always say to work smarter not harder? :v:

Yeah, here's in Austin there's a p good digital jobs group on Facebook, where they post interesting articles around jobs on top of posting actual jobs themselves. One article posted was about what's the best time to submit jobs to automated portals/application pages and before 10am or lunch time on weekdays was the sweet spot for responses.

C-Euro posted:

My wife says I need to network more but I have a hard time talking to people that I don't know, and also a hard time puffing myself/my accomplishments up in conversation. I should practice that.

This is as simple as just talking with people at work/hanging out outside work a few times a year. Basically, people enjoy working with people who aren't assholes and having former coworkers view you in this light goes a long way when looking for a new gig and they're at similar companies with openings.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Lol feinstein went rogue and released the fusion gps testimony

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
Networking and/or nepotism are the best ways to get a job

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

me and 115k other people are watching lamelo ball clank 30 foot jumpers in the big baller league for lithuanian youths

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Spoeank posted:

https://twitter.com/ByronTau/status/950790909062471680

https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/pu...pt-redacted.pdf

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

piss tape israel posted:

My boss is on my case to get my performance evaluation done uggggggh I don't wanna!

:same: except I’m doing the evals for my dept

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Lol

"We are gonna try to politicize national security and resurrect the Clinton boogeyman"

"Nah, here's the docs, bitch"

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Spoeank posted:

I don’t know anything about the situation what’s foing on?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

piss tape israel posted:

It is if you have the right gear

Thankfully we've seen the last of weather in the single digits :sweatdrop:

Don’t tease me

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Its Rinaldo posted:

The GOP was trying to turn the piss tape investigation into red meat and implying it was a Clinton op, up to trying to prosecute the person who wrote the memo

Feinstein released the testimony that refutes that

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

oh my god im falling out of my chair here at these lithuanian commentators

"it's starting to remind me of all star weekend, these guys aren't getting back on defense"

"and it's not even weekend" (shouted)

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I feel really really bad for the ball kids

Like, I cannot shake the feeling the Balls are gonna be the basketball Von Erichs

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
Lithuania is good as heck

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The GOP was trying to turn the piss tape investigation into red meat and implying it was a Clinton op, up to trying to prosecute the person who wrote the memo

Feinstein released the testimony that refutes that

Not only that but the fusion people wanted it to be public.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Spoeank posted:

Not only that but the fusion people wanted it to be public.

Yeah the GOP was trying to keep it classified so they could imply stuff was in it that wasn't there

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Like, I cannot shake the feeling the Balls are gonna be the basketball Von Erichs

I have no idea who the Von Erichs are, but I agree. Although...his younger two have legit no chance to make the NBA so I guess he is at least getting them money in Lithuania?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Imagine having an rear end in a top hat lunatic for a dad

Like, I'm 100% positive Lonzo absolutely hates his father

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I have no idea who the Von Erichs are, but I agree. Although...his younger two have legit no chance to make the NBA so I guess he is at least getting them money in Lithuania?

Google "Von Erich wrestling" and prepare for the most Shakespearean true story ever

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

this is probably a better situation than AAC ball for lamelo where his team was just getting mauled by alabama style superteams and a wash for liangelo where he was already at ucla. i'm not exactly sure but with the bbb challenge games apparently it's only 16-18 year olds

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Its Rinaldo posted:

It means...

The piss tape is real.

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/950793102842847233/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

C-Euro posted:

Yeah, I use to do an hour+ of job hunting and applying on some nights and it's just demoralizing when you work all day and then come home and work a bunch more for no (obvious) benefit. Gonna pace myself a little better in 2018, also I've resolved to play more video games in 2018 which is maybe counter-intuitive to getting a new job. But don't corporate gurus always say to work smarter not harder? :v:

Same. I generally do stuff all-or-nothing and I burned out real quick. Need to do a better balance of adding in some recreation and relaxation.

It also sucks because I am awful at doing job applications. Like it will take me 45 minutes to do one app. And I'm mainly applying for public sector jobs so god forbid it is one of the governmentjobs.com applications with a bunch of additional essay questions.

C-Euro posted:

Yeah, I network decently but it's much less effective because public sector jobs around here have built in screening to reduce nepotism. So it's not like somebody on the inside can get my resume to the top of the list.

e: oh hello, should probably f5 before replying

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Is Lonzo Ball still playing like poo poo?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

hifi posted:

this is probably a better situation than AAC ball for lamelo where his team was just getting mauled by alabama style superteams and a wash for liangelo where he was already at ucla. i'm not exactly sure but with the bbb challenge games apparently it's only 16-18 year olds

Lamelo had to leave his friends and fail to finish high school so he could go play basketball professionally in the eastern bloc for about the same money he'd get working part time bagging groceries because his dad's ego can't be contained

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

he's playing like a pretty good rookie which is why his dad's poo poo is so toxic

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Intruder posted:

Lamelo had to leave his friends and fail to finish high school so he could go play basketball professionally in the eastern bloc for about the same money he'd get working part time bagging groceries because his dad's ego can't be contained

Yeah I find it unlikely he couldn't have made far more money just taking graft in the US like every other top prospect.

This seems like just the dumb middle chapter of over controlling dad ruins his kids' futures.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Intruder posted:

Yeah, my biggest concern is how stunted Lamelo is going to be just as a basic human being

Like, this dude is going to go through his entire adolescence literally prevented from having any sort of human experience that isn't basketball

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Is 500 bucks for all new brake pads and two new rotors a scam

Apparently the back brakes are trash

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Yeah, my biggest concern is how stunted Lamelo is going to be just as a basic human being

Like, this dude is going to go through his entire adolescence literally prevented from having any sort of human experience that isn't basketball

Worked out fine for Todd Marinovich.

What's that?

Oh no, ohhhh no.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Intruder posted:

At least Lemelo is considered an NBA prospect right? His brother is a total dead end.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I was under the impression that the youngest one might have (had) a chance, but I don't follow along with this much other than to laugh at Lavar.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ball was on the 95 panthers lmao

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

https://www.texasmonthly.com/articles/six-brothers/ you guys should read this

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

yeah, i think i'd pay about 200 in parts for that and it's maybe an hour job, less when you have a lift

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

At least Lemelo is considered an NBA prospect right? His brother is a total dead end.

He's 16 so hard to say. This certainly won't boost his draft stock though

He was definitely considered a better prospect than Liangelo, who was at best a late 2nd round pick and now almost definitely never plays in the NBA

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

He's on pace to have the worst shooting season in Lakers history, his half-court game is utter poo poo, and he doesn't drive the ball enough. His transition game is better and his defense and vision is great. So he could be worse but he sure looks awful compared to a couple other picks.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Jayson Tatum was drafted right after Lonzo so the pick looks awful

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

He's on pace to have the worst shooting season in Lakers history, his half-court game is utter poo poo, and he doesn't drive the ball enough. His transition game is better and his defense and vision is great. So he could be worse but he sure looks awful compared to a couple other picks.

Is it even possible for him to improve his horrid shot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

FizFashizzle posted:

I just got my back brakes and rotors replaced for $275. So uh, maybe?