Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Kibayasu posted:

They won't, because you, specifically, waited so long to buy it. It's all your fault.

:((

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Terra-da-loo! posted:

Does this have anything to do with the air filtration system I fixed? If not, I might be too early--went down there on my own volition--or, maybe I'm still missing something. This game is pretty mind-blowing for someone that'd gotten used to far less-clever stuff.

e: Fixing it was the last thing I did before quitting last night, so I haven't had the chance to see if it's done anything to my psi.

e2: or, wait. you talking about the fab plan?

It's in the water purification room, not the air system. I think you hang a left out of the main elevator, but that may be completely wrong, it's been a while.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Bottom floor, towards poor but take a left. Power switch is by the entrance to the room and not easily visible if you come in through a side path so i hit this early game and missed the whole reason to do so until much later hahah

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

GlyphGryph posted:

Bottom floor, towards poor but take a left.

Quality post + av combo.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Kibayasu posted:

They won't, because you, specifically, waited so long to buy it. It's all your fault.

Don't worry in another 10 years some outfit will buy the rights to Prey, proceed to make a successor to Aliens versus Predator, also call it Prey as well and then fail to market it properly.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Prey: duck hunting simulator

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Prey: duck hunting simulator

If anyone hasnt played Duck Season yet, btw, its really good.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
I've been taking my sweet time beating this game because I really love it, so I'm just now closing in on the end.

Am I supposed to gather that Mikhaila's father was the impostor chef fella, and I've killed him twice, now? I've read ahead and know a little, but that would be something of a revelation to me.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Terra-da-loo! posted:

I've been taking my sweet time beating this game because I really love it, so I'm just now closing in on the end.

Am I supposed to gather that Mikhaila's father was the impostor chef fella, and I've killed him twice, now? I've read ahead and know a little, but that would be something of a revelation to me.

The not-chef is not her father. You can learn what happened to him if you save her. Have you been stopping by your office in the lobby?

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.

Kibayasu posted:

The not-chef is not her father. You can learn what happened to him if you save her. Have you been stopping by your office in the lobby?

Yeah. She's not happy with me right now, but I kinda thought it sounded like the same VA. Maybe I'm mistaken or still haven't learned everything yet.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

The relevant recording is in Deep Storage, second floor, on a computer in a closet between Danielle Sho’s workshop and the data vault ejection room that has a busted electrical circuit just inside.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Terra-da-loo! posted:

Yeah. She's not happy with me right now, but I kinda thought it sounded like the same VA. Maybe I'm mistaken or still haven't learned everything yet.

If you've already listened to the recording with her, that's all there is to it. The VAs have similar accents since both characters are Russian but that's all.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Has anybody run a game where they upload the recording and then delete it in front of Mikhaila? She gets SO pissed at you (naturally) but I’m wondering if she comments on the particular cruelty of it at the end.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.

Gadzuko posted:

If you've already listened to the recording with her, that's all there is to it. The VAs have similar accents since both characters are Russian but that's all.

Ah, thanks. Just finished up my first run of the game. Good stuff.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Hey I bought this game and just beat it and GODDAMMIT WE'RE NOT GETTING A SECOND ONE? ffffffffffffffffffffff

They really did call the 3rd System Shock "Prey" right down to those weird computer carts that look exactly like the ones from System Shock.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

There is a promising system shock 1 remake being made as well as actual system shock 3 although we don't know anything about that one

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah but if can’t play SS3 as a bisexual Asian woman with a beast mode throwing arm then what is even the loving point

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Bust Rodd posted:

Yeah but if can’t play SS3 as a bisexual Asian woman with a beast mode throwing arm then what is even the loving point

dude, psychic monkeys

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

MikeJF posted:

Is throwing tables reployers at Typhon useful? No. Is it the best way to play? gently caress yes.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Reployers could be fancy space tables. You don't know.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I'm watching a roommate play Prey sometimes and doing my best not to spoil things for him but I couldn't not giggle when he saw a whole bunch of reployers stacked up and just asked me, "What are these things?"

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

aniviron posted:

I'm watching a roommate play Prey sometimes and doing my best not to spoil things for him but I couldn't not giggle when he saw a whole bunch of reployers stacked up and just asked me, "What are these things?"

I honestly never even thought about it until reading in this thread. I just assumed they were flatbed scanners and moved on.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Pharmaskittle posted:

I honestly never even thought about it until reading in this thread. I just assumed they were flatbed scanners and moved on.

they are for reticulating splines, its not really a mystery

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I think they're for killing Phantoms

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
I reployed this game like four times after I beat it

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters

QuarkJets posted:

Reployers could be fancy space tables. You don't know.

But what does it ploy??

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

vorebane posted:

But what does it ploy??

The same stuff it ployed the first time, duh.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
If throwing be the bane of Typhon, ploy on,
Give me excess of it; that surfeiting,
The Typhon may sicken, and so die.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters

Mzbundifund posted:

So it can ploy anything and only anything it has already ployed?

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Mzbundifund posted:

The reployer doesn't do the original ployment, that's the ployer's job

Blues Hammer
Nov 6, 2011

We're gonna play some authentic way down in the delta blues!
So I got to the part where I'm ready to create Alex's arming key, but he gave a vague warning that doing so would make the typhon more hostile. Does this have a major effect? I'd still like to finish up some sidequests and don't want to make just traversing the areas unnecessarily hard.

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Blues Hammer posted:

So I got to the part where I'm ready to create Alex's arming key, but he gave a vague warning that doing so would make the typhon more hostile. Does this have a major effect? I'd still like to finish up some sidequests and don't want to make just traversing the areas unnecessarily hard.

As a rule of thumb, advancing the plot repopulates all the areas with new and bigger Typhon, so if you want sidequests done with no meddling hold off on doing anything requested in the main quest section.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Does this game ever get a little easier

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

echronorian posted:

Even on the hardest difficulty you become very powerful by 50% completion and an unstoppable god by 75% completion.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

echronorian posted:

Upgrade the stun gun. It's considered a security weapon as far as skills go, not a science weapon.

You think it's a taser but it's actually force lightning.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
Man I'm so crippled by my pack rat-ism. You would think that when I kill the very first Nightmare, in the 'Detour' part of the game, where you first gain access to Crew Quarters that I would be thrilled with how well it went. Null grenade, followed by some combat focus, then quickly tossing some recycle charges and bam, he's been reduced to pellets and I didn't lose any health. Heck I even tased the possessed crew members.

I should be thrilled, but part of me is like "But what if you needed those things you used?"

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

You won't. I ended up recycling multiple dozens of grenades by the end of the game so I could make more shotgun shells.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Meanwhile I was recycling shotgun shells so I could make neuromods.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
Only take mind control, robot control, repair, phantom genesis, and the skills that give you more health/psi

Let everyone else do the work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Only just played through this. It was good.