Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
God I’m Bored

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Frauds of Charge

-how ABGD explained all those "$4.99 - DSTNY EVERSE SLVR" charges to the missus

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Frauds of Charge

-how ABGD explained all those "$4.99 - DSTNY EVERSE SLVR" charges to the missus

You spelled Division Caches wrong but generally spot on

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Datto is doing a Destiny 1 raid night on Twitch and it has more viewers than all of D2 Twitch channels combined.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Frauds of Charge

Lol

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

We spent the $100 on Slack Archives so we could remember the time you were a clan admin, Slack admin, and arguably Bone Krew's most popular member before going into self imposed exile

[jpg of Kelly Rowland waiting for her man to text her back on Microsoft Excel]

Remember they cast out Jesus for speaking the truth.

And he was both pretty popular and the best pvp player of him and the disciples.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

God I’m Bored

This one should be the winner. It doesn't rhyme as well but the messaging makes up for it.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Boy they are really doubling down on that stupid ghost model.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
Nobody did "God of Red Bars" what

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Balthesar posted:

Datto is doing a Destiny 1 raid night on Twitch and it has more viewers than all of D2 Twitch channels combined.

Ugh that’s pretty bad lol

If Datto didn’t waste 10 minutes in every video talking about nothing I’d watch him

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Insane Totoro posted:

Nobody did "God of Red Bars" what

There are no red bars anymore. Bungie fixed that

:ironicat:

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

CheeseFactory posted:

Okay.

Uh.

"Appalled at Lars"

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

ZeusCannon posted:

Boy they are really doubling down on that stupid ghost model.

yes and next season we'll get a new ghost model everyone can bitch about

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

hopefully it will have usb-c this time

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

CheeseFactory posted:

On the topic of this, pretty sure I ran into a dude lag switching in mayhem last night

Just wanted to share because it gave me a good laugh

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

https://twitter.com/Josh_Hamrick/status/896413205316026368

:what:

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Make sure everyone gets their participation trophy loot crate.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
>Make an entire tree based around aerial movetech

>Actively discourage aerial movetech

You know I'll defend a lot of parts of Destiny 2 but Jesus gently caress that is stupid.

Why even HAVE the Dawnblade at that point? Just jury rig it into a melee class at that point or something! Instead of flying make it a speed boost and make it a flaming version of Arcblade, anything!

Flytrap fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Jan 10, 2018

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

My favorite was him explaining on stream that Bladedancer needed a nerf. He harped on and through his explanation revealed he literally doesn't understand how the game loving works at a fundamental level because A) Bladedancers can't heal if they're taking damage and B) if they aren't taking damage, you were never going to kill them. Okay, terrific, so his example of "Gah, it's so frustrating to almost have a Bladedancer killed but then they magically deny you because your idiot teammate wanders in" was straight up him asking to be publicly fired for extreme incompetence.

I confess, this still has my rear end chapped. Hamrick deserves poverty.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

cvnvcnv posted:

Joshua "Useless Fat oval office" Hamrick is the guy who nerfed D1 at the very end and broke everything.

My favorite was him explaining on stream that Bladedancer needed a nerf. He harped on and through his explanation revealed he literally doesn't understand how the game loving works at a fundamental level because A) Bladedancers can't heal if they're taking damage and B) if they aren't taking damage, you were never going to kill them. Okay, terrific, so his example of "Gah, it's so frustrating to almost have a Bladedancer killed but then they magically deny you because your idiot teammate wanders in" was straight up him asking to be publicly fired for extreme incompetence.

I confess, this still has my rear end chapped. Hamrick deserves poverty.

Don't forget, they broke health regen across the board for multiple sources when they "fixed" bladedancer

Oh bungo

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

PathAsc posted:

Don't forget, they broke health regen across the board for multiple sources when they "fixed" bladedancer

Oh bungo

Unneeded PvP change absolutely loving over PvP and ruining PvE? Oh word?

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
I don't get how verticality would be something that is hard to grasp for casuals. Don't the people that play these kind of games ever look up?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

I don't get how verticality would be something that is hard to grasp for casuals. Don't the people that play these kind of games ever look up?

If they don't then maybe they should integrate verticality into the game more in non-PvP modes. It's a really dumb excuse no matter what.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Anyone else think the shadow-hunter super making you aim at the sky when it snares you is a super clumsy was to implement that disorient?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Inspector_666 posted:

If they don't then maybe they should integrate verticality into the game more in non-PvP modes. It's a really dumb excuse no matter what.

lol, like vault of glass oracles.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Chilichimp posted:

lol, like vault of glass oracles.

Also, loving Overwatch has a character whose entire shtick is to fly around shooting rockets at people. If Bungie thinks their audience is less capable of shooting up than people who play Overwatch...

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 44 hours!

Inspector_666 posted:

Also, loving Overwatch has a character whose entire shtick is to fly around shooting rockets at people. If Bungie thinks their audience is less capable of shooting up than people who play Overwatch...

The Call of Duty playerbase, maybe? I think Call of Duty maps have very limited verticality. Maybe they have run some test with call of duty players to see the things they dislike more and deleted these things from Destiny to appeal to the CoD playerbase.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Tei posted:

The Call of Duty playerbase, maybe? I think Call of Duty maps have very limited verticality. Maybe they have run some test with call of duty players to see the things they dislike more and added to the list of things to delete from Destiny to appeal to that playerbase.

Didn't the last CoD game before they went back to WWII have jetpacks and wallrunning and poo poo?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I was conflating Josh Hamrick and Jon Wiesnewski but wow they both are terrible at their jobs :colbert:

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
People playing games do not generally look up, that is definitely a thing that single player game makers have to trick people into doing (watch the Half Life 2 episode and Portal commentaries for stuff about how they do that) but most other multiplayer games I can think of right now are far more vertical than Destiny 2, even games without wall running and double jumping like Battlefield 1 still have lots of multistory buildings and cliffs and poo poo.

I think in a multiplayer shooter you would say "well, if someone is constantly getting killed by people above them, then they would ideally start to look up and adapt their tactics to avoid that" and that's what most other multiplayer shooters do. If you continue to not be aware of your surroundings, you just get killed again and again. I guess in Destiny 2 in that respect, like a lot of others, they've gone too far down the "tone this potentially unpleasant or overpowered feeling thing down" road with verticality and air combat. They're just sawing off and rounding down all of what they perceive as rough edges but instead making the game this kind of bland mass. Same with the exotics, they all feel way too safe and boring, to me anyway.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Make sure no one gets frustrated so we have as many eyes on eververse as possible whoops that backfired maybe

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

thebardyspoon posted:

People playing games do not generally look up, that is definitely a thing that single player game makers have to trick people into doing (watch the Half Life 2 episode and Portal commentaries for stuff about how they do that) but most other multiplayer games I can think of right now are far more vertical than Destiny 2, even games without wall running and double jumping like Battlefield 1 still have lots of multistory buildings and cliffs and poo poo.

I think in a multiplayer shooter you would say "well, if someone is constantly getting killed by people above them, then they would ideally start to look up and adapt their tactics to avoid that" and that's what most other multiplayer shooters do. If you continue to not be aware of your surroundings, you just get killed again and again. I guess in Destiny 2 in that respect, like a lot of others, they've gone too far down the "tone this potentially unpleasant or overpowered feeling thing down" road with verticality and air combat. They're just sawing off and rounding down all of what they perceive as rough edges but instead making the game this kind of bland mass. Same with the exotics, they all feel way too safe and boring, to me anyway.

Hell, look at fuckin' Titanfall 2.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The game already has Harpies and Wizards...

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Bust Rodd posted:

The game already has Harpies and Wizards...

yeah, but now that I think about it... those fuckers don't really fly high or dodge upwards like they did in D1...

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
At least during Argos you have to look up and kill the Harpies & Snakes or they will frag someone on your team.

Honestly one of the reasons Overwatch is so fun is because of verticality and the reason I loved Mayhem was because it let me play as Flying Fire Bird Woman for more than 5 seconds at a time. Dawnblade is hella fun but it feels extremely clunky when it doesn’t have basically 100% uptime

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Every event from here on will be eververse focused. Accept and move on to disgaea 5 or smite

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Emron posted:

Every event from here on will be eververse focused. Accept and move on to disgaea 5 or smite

Stage 5 of the grieving process owns

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Stage 5 of the grieving process owns

I’m considering trying to get my raid group into warframe

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

All the data on people not using verticality comes from the pre quake era when games usually had poo poo or nonexistent vlook, as do the programming skills of any oval office who says things like that

Its one of those stupid loving self fulfilling prophecies, nobody is used to playing with verticality so nobody designs games with verticality, so players continue to not be used to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Tomorrow is gonna be so awesome, man I might actually take off work to play Destiny 2 endgame (which is making GBS threads on the evolving disaster that is Destiny 2)