Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Imagine losing your nazi job because you pissed off your billionaire sugar daddy by telling Trump he should raise taxes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Mel Mudkiper posted:

you have to be a cable subscriber

I'm not a subscriber and I got it :confused:

Granted, my feed was 30 seconds behind, and had no commentary.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

lol bannon just got fired from Breitbart

https://youtu.be/rX7wtNOkuHo

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I’m not sure anyone has ever made as many bad calculations politically in such a short period of time as Bannon has.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Mel Mudkiper posted:

lmao

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

seiferguy posted:

I don't really follow NFL streams but if it's anything like college streams, they've been super cracking down on them, even the ones with risky links and still ask for flash player, because HTML5 doesn't exist.

the good ones are all literally using the official cdn feed with some kind of special sauce to fake the required headers. espn is different but it's this way for nhl/nfl/nba. with the nhl the illegal streaming got like 15mbit 60fps before the official streaming UI did

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

weird Asian candy posted:

Have you looked into recruiters to accompany your search? It can be a hassle at times because they push jobs they want to push and may not necessarily be a great fit but it doesn't hurt to have a few more people looking for you.

A good recruiter is worth their weight in gold. I’m on my second day of a job that was brought to me by a recruiter I had been working with. Not one of those random guys who hits you up on LinkedIn with a job and then you never hear from them again, but a serious recruiter who was dead set on finding a good fit for me. I basically played video games all day and went on interviews that he set up for me. It was the best job search ever.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

His relationship with Gilbert is toxic. He came back to win Cleveland a ring, which he did, so yeah all signs point to him leaving. I would love to see him in Philly :allears:

I'd like to see him in Indiana next to the 2019 MVP Victor Oladipo.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

very stable genius posted:

A good recruiter is worth their weight in gold. I’m on my second day of a job that was brought to me by a recruiter I had been working with. Not one of those random guys who hits you up on LinkedIn with a job and then you never hear from them again, but a serious recruiter who was dead set on finding a good fit for me. I basically played video games all day and went on interviews that he set up for me. It was the best job search ever.

Absolutely. The problem is there are so many money hungry recruiters that just want to push candidates at customers without fitting experience/culture/needs etc. that it seriously muddies the water. You are correct though, when you find a good one hold on tightly and do not let them go!

pubic works project posted:

I'd like to see him in Indiana next to the 2019 MVP Victor Oladipo.

That would be fun too! Though, I feel like it's almost a certainty he heads west :(

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Sorry but Lebron is going to join his banana boat friend CP3 in Houston

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Intruder posted:

Sorry but Lebron is going to join his banana boat friend CP3 in Houston

Look man, I just want him here for a year. Is that too much to ask? :(

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

pubic works project posted:

Look man, I just want him here for a year. Is that too much to ask? :(

Imagine Bron and Lance on the same team lol

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Imagine Bron and Lance on the same team lol

Yessssssssssssssssss

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

LeBron is basketball old right? Like how long can he realistically continue being a force of nature?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

I once had a really bad recruiter. She only wanted me to take this 1 job, who gaslighted me when I said the money offer was insulting (during the interview, the guy asked for how much I wanted, i said my amount, he said ok, then the offer was 10k less than that), and said I had to accept the job within a day. She asked me where else I had applied, I gave her some ideas, then she was like "oh I heard that's a bad place to work..."

Glad I didn't take that job. As soon as I said no to the offer, I never heard from her again.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
lol Steve Bannon. Flew too close to the sun there buddy.

Of the recruiters that I've worked with, the only one whose name I remember is the one who didn't toss my resume in the garbage when the first job didn't work out.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Oh god, LeBron in Houston would be terrifying

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Right on queue!

https://twitter.com/World_Wide_Wob/status/950806215537364993

Kalli posted:

LeBron is basketball old right? Like how long can he realistically continue being a force of nature?

He is LeBron. For as long as he drat well wants!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Silicon Valley recruiters are the loving worst of the worst.

Also Apex Systems sucks rear end, never use them

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

C-Euro posted:

Of the recruiters that I've worked with, the only one whose name I remember is the one who didn't toss my resume in the garbage when the first job didn't work out.

That man for me is named Blake. He is a good dude. If anyone is looking for tech jobs in the Baltimore/Washington area I will put you in touch with this awesome man.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

That man for me is named Blake. He is a good dude. If anyone is looking for tech jobs in the Baltimore/Washington area I will put you in touch with this awesome man.

Whoa, the guy who got me my awesome current job is also named Blake. :tinfoil:

I guess the lesson is if the name sounds like a Pokemom Gym Master, go with that guy.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Right on queue!

https://twitter.com/World_Wide_Wob/status/950806215537364993

He is LeBron. For as long as he drat well wants!

jesus for being "superstars" you would think they could draw better than a ROH house show in a former eastern bloc territory

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Is there an idiots guide to learning SQL or Power BI

Like a real idiots guide

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I’M GOING TO WAR

*loses war*

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
what makes bannon getting fired truely wonderful is not just that it happened, but it happened after he tried to save himself with that bent over backwards apology

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
TIL that Bannon has three daughters who all refuse to talk to him

He gon' kill himself

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Mel Mudkiper posted:

what makes bannon getting fired truely wonderful is not just that it happened, but it happened after he tried to save himself with that bent over backwards apology

Truely?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

piss tape israel posted:

TIL that Bannon has three daughters who all refuse to talk to him

He gon' kill himself

I wish him luck in this future endeavor.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Blitz7x posted:

Like a real idiots guide

sure just find a database and type ")' DROP TABLES _ALL_; QUIT; and you'll make lots of friends :v:

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Blitz7x posted:

Like a real idiots guide

I learned SQL it's real fun and easy. I'll link the lessons I used to learn it after work.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Kalli posted:

:drat:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

axeil posted:

sure just find a database and type ")' DROP TABLES _ALL_; QUIT; and you'll make lots of friends :v:

I think this was an XKCD comic about naming a kid that.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Kalli posted:

Same fam

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Truely.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I thought for a short period Steve Bannon was a lich prophet sent back in time since be predicted Trump's victory, but it turns out he was a broken clock.

Also my phone attempted to autocorrect Bannon into Gannon, which made me think of this:

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

this is some dan quayle poo poo right here

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Kalli posted:

I think this was an XKCD comic about naming a kid that.

little Bobby Tables.

https://xkcd.com/327/

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

That punchline is as incomprehensible to me as if it were written in Arabic

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Why do programmers mix up Halloween and Christmas? Oh it's hilarious, it's very very funny, trust me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Mel Mudkiper posted:

https://www.explainxkcd.com/wiki/index.php/327:_Exploits_of_a_Mom

quote:

Mrs. Roberts receives a call from her son's school. The caller, likely one of the school's administrators, asks if she really named her son Robert'); DROP TABLE students;--, a rather unusual name.[citation needed] Perhaps surprisingly, Mrs. Roberts responds in the affirmative, claiming that she uses the nickname "Little Bobby Tables". As the full name is read into the school's system's databases without data sanitization, it causes the "Students" table in the database to be deleted.

The title of this comic is a pun. Exploit can mean an accomplishment or heroic deed, but in computer science the term refers to a program or technique that takes advantage of a vulnerability in other software. In fact, one could say that her exploit is to exploit an exploit (her achievement is to make use of a vulnerability). The title can also refer to her choice of name for her son, which is rather extraordinary.

In SQL, a database programming language, commands are separated by semicolons ;, and strings of text are often delimited using single quotes '. Parts of commands may also be enclosed in parentheses ( and ). Data entries are stored as "rows" within named "tables" of similar items (e.g., Students). The command to delete an entire table (and thus every row of data in that table) is DROP TABLE, as in DROP TABLE Students;.

The exploited vulnerability here is that the single quote in the name input was not correctly "escaped" by the software. That is, if a student's name did indeed contain a quote mark, it should have been parsed as one of the characters making up the text string and not as the marker to close the string, which it erroneously was. Lack of careful parsing is a common SQL vulnerability; this type of exploit is referred to as SQL injection. Mrs. Roberts thus reminds the school to make sure they have added data filtering code to prevent code injection exploits in the future.

For example, to add information about Elaine to a data table called 'Students' the SQL query could be:
INSERT INTO Students (firstname) VALUES ('Elaine');

However, using the odd name Robert');DROP TABLE Students;-- where we used "Elaine" above, the SQL query becomes:
INSERT INTO Students (firstname) VALUES ('Robert');DROP TABLE Students;-- ');

By insertion of the two semi-colons in the odd name, this is now three well-formed SQL commands:
INSERT INTO Students (firstname) VALUES ('Robert');

DROP TABLE Students;

-- ');

The first line is valid SQL code that will legitimately insert data about a student named Robert.

The second line is valid injected SQL code that will delete the whole Student data table from the database.

The third line is a valid code comment ( -- denotes a comment), which will be ignored by the SQL server.

For this to work, it helps to know the structure of the database. But it's quite a good guess that a school's student management database might have a table named Students.

Of course, in real life, most exploits of this kind would be performed not by socially engineering a person's name such that it would eventually be entered into a school database query, but rather by accessing some kind of input system (such as a website's login screen or search interface) and guessing various combinations by trial and error until something works, perhaps by first trying to inject the SHOW TABLES; command to see how the database is structured.

To correctly and harmlessly include the odd name in the Students table in the school database the correct SQL is:
INSERT INTO Students (firstname) VALUES ('Robert\');DROP TABLE Students;-- ');

Note that the single quote after Robert is now sanitized by a backslash, which changes it from malicious code to harmless data, and the full first 'name' of the student Robert';DROP TABLE Students;-- is now stored correctly.

It should be noted that, while data sanitization can mitigate the risks of SQL injection, the proper prevention technique is to use Prepared statements.