Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Good changes. Glad they didn't go overboard nerfing garrotte. Long, long, long overdue changes to WJ boss early game. OitC finally nerfed after being crazy for ages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YolkaEd
Dec 26, 2013

quote:

Fortified Bunker (R)

Health increased from 1300 to 1305

Oh, that's just cheeky.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
The lane stuff needed changing but I can't say I didn't enjoy being more of a menace than usual as Murky

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

That regen globe nerf is not signifcant enough

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I think murky likes long games and gets very little out of globes. I expect these changes to net benefit him despite reduced merc strength.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Polio Vax Scene posted:

That regen globe nerf is not signifcant enough

Counterpoint: It was the wrong thing to nerf.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

No Wave posted:

I think murky likes long games and gets very little out of globes. I expect these changes to net benefit him despite reduced merc strength.

Oh it will, and the longer games go the stronger he becomes. Level 16 is a total seesaw change in power most of the time. It was just fun steamrolling forts for a while :v:

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Macaluso posted:

Oh it will, and the longer games go the stronger he becomes. Level 16 is a total seesaw change in power most of the time. It was just fun steamrolling forts for a while :v:

How do you build the fish boy?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Bogart posted:

Yeah, I've vaguely considered snagging Murky based primarily off of your posts, Macaluso, so more deets would be solid.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
My Blaze always takes the Bunker on Vehicle maps;
The opposing Blaze always takes the good ult.

-Ancient Zen Koan

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Bogart posted:

Kyrosiris posted:

Yeah, I've vaguely considered snagging Murky based primarily off of your posts, Macaluso, so more deets would be solid.

Here's my build:

Level 1: Bribe
Level 4: Slime Time (I used to go Living the Dream but I've found that I can both farm the Slime Time quest off of dummies who bother me in the lane, and can quickly get it up by joining team fights, and when that quest is done teamfights can become SO dangerous for the other team)
Level 7: Black Lagoon. I like this one over the other two just because it makes your slime radios so much bigger and not only can you cover more ground when laning but being Murky you can risk chasing people to the ends of the earth and they don't expect your ink attack to reach that far. I've exploded so many dummies this way.
level 10: March of the Murlocs. GIMME DAT SLIME. I love sneaking up behind the enemy team trying to push a fort or keep and unleashing the murlocs, sliming them (the ult slimes them too so you get quest stacks) and when you hit 16, sliming them DOUBLE with your pufferfish). I never play comp or anything so I'm sure plenty of people can get better use out of the other ult than I can. I don't like it nearly as much though (and again, quest stacks) and I love the area denial for objectives.
Level 13: Rejuvenating Bubble. Not much to say here really.
Level 16: Slimy Pufferfish. Once you get this, it's over. If you haven't hit your quest yet, this will get you there really really quickly, it does instant damage that players can't do anything about, so you can throw it behind a guy and if they're low it'll kill them, if they're not it'll slime them and by this point the enemy team is gonna be too distracted to bother attacking the pufferfish so it'll explode on them too. There's few things as satisfying as someone who thinks they are at a safe distance while running away, only to have the pufferfish fly at them and blow them up upon landing. I used to go toxic buildup but I don't think that's nearly as effective.
Level 20: Making Inky. I said the previous talent, it's over. This is even more, it's over. You become a loving monster once you get this. You can take camps super quickly without needing bribe. You can waveclear even faster than you could before, you become a terrifying presence in teamfights, you can destroy structures stupid fast. You have no mana so you can just spam this poo poo forever. So this + march + the pufferfish = slime all day 'err day. The power spike you get at 16 and 20 is loving insane, and the other team will STILL continue to underestimate you, cause you're Murky.

The one thing I'll say is that the level 1 talent is really up to you. I personally prefer bribe enough that I never switch to the other two, but plenty of others plays will swear be either of the other two. So really whichever one you prefer really. I like bribe to get camps early on, but once you hit 16 you won't really needed it anymore. When you get 20 talent you REALLY won't need bribe anymore because the reduced cooldown on inking makes such short work of camps (and other players)

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

Cool, I've been picking pretty much these exact talents. (I prefer fish eye at 1 tho because like you mentioned bribe feels useless past a certain point)

Regarding the patch notes I'm surprised they're not addressing Hanzo's efficiency vs bosses because it's kinda insane at the moment with scatter build. I had an 8 games win streak with him yesterday and none of these matches felt even close.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I play a lot of Murky myself and the most success I've had lately is with the following build:

Level 1: Fish Eye or Fishy Deal. With the caveats that Malacuso has mentioned regarding bribe, this also depends on map and comp. I love bribe on Sky Temple, for example, because if you snag the enemy siege giants they instantly begin shelling a fort, which can force their bottom laners to pull back to deal with it, giving you time to break down the wall. Do it during the objective and sometimes you can grab a free building. On the other hand, on Volskaya bribe is mostly useless and the vision helps because the objective is mostly fogged.
Level 4: I do like Slime Time, but I find that it's easier to stack if the enemy team has low damage beefy warriors that you can relentlessly proc it against, like Chen or Garrosh. If they have a lot of high burst squishies with evasion I'll go Living the Dream for guaranteed damage that can help earlier on in the game.
Level 7: Time to Krill. The extra slow on basic attacks performs a similar function to Black Lagoon in that it makes you better at chasing, and it also punishes people who overextend from chasing you by bogging them down closer to towers, minions, etc. The little bit of DoT is mostly a lagniappe but I've had it kill some people who stuck around too long and that's always funny. This gets way better at 16.
Level 10: Octo-Grab unless the enemy team has a lot of big beefy boys. Octo-Grab doesn't necessarily rely upon your team capitalizing on it, getting someone down to half health then doing a slime/pufferfish/octograb/slime combo means that Murky can be a surprisingly dangerous hero for squishies to try and 1v1, plus it comes off cooldown super quick. If they have a beefy deathball team though Octo-Grab becomes less useful and March of the Murlocs might be a better pick.
Level 13: Egg Shell. The shield is one-and-done per life but the extra health is often enough to secure an additional kill or two where previously you would have died attempting to do so beforehand, and even if you die in the trade at this stage in the game trading a Murky for someone else is a good trade, then you respawn with the shield all over again. This gets even better at 20.
Level 16: Toxic Buildup. Now Murky shifts into MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE as your basic attacks, which slow people, also regularly cast slime upon them as well. People who aren't expecting this get an unpleasant surprise as trading into a Murky now causes their health to start vanishing at an alarming rate. Even tanks get pressured hard by this. If you have Slime Time and haven't had an easy time getting stacks for it, you will now.
Level 20: Big Tuna Kahuna. Now each time Murky respawns he has 6000 health thanks to Egg Shell. Only 3000 of this is natural health but remember that Murky has an insane baseline regen rate as well. Anybody that tries to trade 1v1 into you will die. You honestly stand a pretty good chance in some 1v2s. You become a holy terror in teamfights, and the extra respawn time is counterbalanced by the fact that at this stage anyone else you kill has to wait 60 seconds or so.

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

I Murk more than any other hero and then I have a completely different build!

Bribe->Living the Dream->Safety Bubble->Octo->Rejuv Bubble->Slimy Puffer->And a Shark.

I'm more in on the Combo and being incredibly annoying and hard to kill. I also pretty frequently play with a Illidan/Tyrael pair and the combo of Octo->Hunt->Judgement is just impossible to deal with for many teams.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Shabadu posted:

I Murk more than any other hero and then I have a completely different build!

Bribe->Living the Dream->Safety Bubble->Octo->Rejuv Bubble->Slimy Puffer->And a Shark.

I'm more in on the Combo and being incredibly annoying and hard to kill. I also pretty frequently play with a Illidan/Tyrael pair and the combo of Octo->Hunt->Judgement is just impossible to deal with for many teams.

I like going Safety Bubble/Rejuv against certain comps and heroes. If the enemy team has a Butcher for instance I like Safety Bubble for the reduced cooldown and extra movement speed since it lets you lane more safely against them.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Filthy Monkey posted:

Patch notes. Blaze here, merc camps weaker, structures stonger, and weaker regen globes.
http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/21349574/heroes-of-the-storm-patch-notes-january-9-2018-1-9-2018
Is this the first time they've added a developer note for every hero changed? It's a nice touch.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Gobbeldygook posted:

Is this the first time they've added a developer note for every hero changed? It's a nice touch.

It's about time.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

https://clips.twitch.tv/MoistWiseBobaAsianGlow

Loutre
Jan 14, 2004

✓COMFY
✓CLASSY
✓HORNY
✓PEPSI
Anyone tried out the new Malfurion? Wondering how he stacks up. I like the concept a lot.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

apparently the tyrael announcer talks too slow so it skips the number 3 in the countdown

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Kerrrrrrr posted:

apparently the tyrael announcer talks too slow so it skips the number 3 in the countdown

https://clips.twitch.tv/SucculentHeadstrongRingImGlitch

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

Kerrrrrrr posted:

oh god its blackheart all over again

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Kerrrrrrr posted:

Several of them do that

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Yeah, that's usually how I end up building that fish, but it's hard to resist the greedy call of Toxic Buildup, and for heavy dive heroes who can take you down and get something out of it (LiMing, Butch), I take Safety Bubble.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Someone talk Blaze to me.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

Signal posted:

Someone talk Blaze to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT7MQDkLtFQ

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

New malf really needs a Stukov style marker, it's really hard to see the leaf and remember how much time is left. End up wasting a lot of mana recasting or like squinting during teamfights trying to scry who's the one without the leaf.

Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Deposited $150 at Mt Gox to try this Bitcoin thing out.

Stolen 6 days later. Really enjoyed my time there.

Helpful? Please donate - being this retarded ain't cheap!

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+
Any early Blaze impressions? Grubby says bunker isn’t great

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Samara posted:

It seems like, maybe if it used properly it's good somehow. Otherwise it's a big "land your skillshots here" marker.

edit: Also why is Blaze's music chinese??

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQiOR0-uq5o&t=48s
holy poo poo this is a deep cut.

appropriatemetaphor posted:

It seems like, maybe if it used properly it's good somehow. Otherwise it's a big "land your skillshots here" marker.

edit: Also why is Blaze's music chinese??

Chinese new year event.

Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Deposited $150 at Mt Gox to try this Bitcoin thing out.

Stolen 6 days later. Really enjoyed my time there.

Helpful? Please donate - being this retarded ain't cheap!

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+
Hanzo new Lvl 7 talent might be busted.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Loutre posted:

Anyone tried out the new Malfurion? Wondering how he stacks up. I like the concept a lot.
He's almost like a more slow and steady Stukov, you spread your rejuvs regrowths and poke with moonfire for a lot of sustain. Someone getting burst down? Not your problem. :v:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Samara posted:

Hanzo new Lvl 7 talent might be busted.

Water is wet

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!
When is Rakanishu coming out???

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Kurieg posted:

Looks like the new mecha skins aren't in this patch according to the notes.

Boo. :(

Samara posted:

Even with max damage talents, his damage is nonexistent.

Also his voice is missing a filter or something that the SC2 Firebats had, which sucks.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

MaliciousOnion posted:

oh god its blackheart all over again

Wait, is this actually a dialogue bug? I always thought the joke was Blackheart was innumerate.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

All announcers are drunk because you'd have to, to be enthusiastic about this game.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

idgi.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

It's a reference to the really really bad English translation of G-Gundam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Fel Reaver skin has neither green fire NOR the sound. Guess I don't have to worry about buying it.