Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

This is pleasing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Foo Diddley posted:

Yeah, I'm just fuckin' around

Star Citizen: Arguing about words until the heat death of the universe

"What does virgin mean?"
"It means it's...it's never been done before!"

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
Bringing back a classic image:

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
Seriously Goons - if you haven't watched this please watch it. I posted the link earler ITT but it is a must watch. It's all about how the media creates a boogeyman and when this was originaly broadcast the media in the UK got that, and got that it was a serious attack on them and their methods (while largely the public did not), so they attacked it in the most savage manner possible demanding Chris Morris's (the guy behind it) head. It remains for me, one of the great indictments of the media treatment of any subject in this or any age. PS: All the vox pops in it are (then) UK celebs who were handed a sheet of paper and asked to read, to camera, what was on said sheet of paper. None of them even questioned what they were reading. Which was just a small part of Morris's genius and point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcU7FaEEzNU

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

p good summary.

so, nothingburger?

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Scruffpuff posted:

Bringing back a classic image:

:five: :five: :five:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Galarox posted:

There have been many, many episodes where they tease his profile... but it's always in shadow. In one of the early 2000 ad's where Dredd get posted to the moon he has a face change to look like the baddies lawyer, so you see his face (drawn by Brian Bolland of "the Killing Joke" fame) but only as the baddies lawyer. In the 40 years of JD there have been numerous times where you "see" him in silhouette or somesuch, but you NEVER EVER see his face. As mentioned before Karl urban did JD justice (I liked the film) - except with the voice, which fell into the Christian Bale Batman trap of sub-audible growling. In the comics JD was known for his voice, he could stop a riot with his voice 'cos it had so much presence. But yeah the angel gang... Mean Machine: "gold-darn it now you got me so all-fire riled up im gonna go up to four on ya!". I have a small collection of orig comic book art and one of the pieces I have is of Mean Angel, drawn by Carl critchlow. It has pride of place on my wall :)

lmao you fakefan fool, he took his helmet off for an entire storyline in the 80s with multiple lit shot and full frontals of his face.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

TheAgent posted:

like I think 3.0 is okay if you move very slowly, do nothing fun, don't get into any combat situations, don't try and explore, don't try and do anything complex like shooting or crouching or running into walls or walking on planets

it's a perfect screenshot game

This guy plays that like that, and he gets all kinds of action. Have you tried walking even slower?

Also he has revolutionary ideas to fill in the gaps. Like the one about useful items breaking, and then getting fixed a long time later. I don't know where he gets his ideas. (Although his idea about scanning technology that sees his finger flicking a switch so his character flicks a switch as well is probably the best. Yes, that one is the best.)

Pixelate fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jan 10, 2018

Nellistos
Mar 2, 2013

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

the word order discussion was retarded and made me stop reading the thread. 90% of the rules in english were made up after everyone was already speaking english so they dont mean poo poo outside of exams. and in legal documents terms are generally defined to have a specific meaning, hence legalese existing.

god damnit you sucked me in you fuckers

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Now this is a man who can clearly wiggle above its weight

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Galarox posted:

Amen to that - the (wannabe) lawyer posts were really grinding my gears

e - with respect, now that I come to think on it, to the real lawgoons who's posts were worth reading.

As a lawyer, I feel I should weigh in on my legal opinion here.

CIG has shells. And companies that are spanning international borders. This means Skadden is writing for notice and CIG is responding in words.

Within these words lies lies. These lies may be honest lies or lying lies, lying in wait for a lying liar to uncover their terrible secrets in space court.

Back in my day we settled issues like this with saddled dinosaurs and sharpened bones. The woman or man who had the sharpest bone and could cut the other person the most times until their dinosaur turned on them thanks to the scent of blood was the ultimate warrior and best lawyer who won the case for their plaintiff or defendant. The lawyers’ group who won was fed to the pterodactyl pits.

This is where The Bar originated, as the winning participants could stay behind the bars while the others were on the inside.

When I professionally evaluate these terms and conditions I see nothing but weakness on both sides. I see people begging to be fed to pterodactyls, whom have never straddled an enormous tyrannosaurus between their sweaty, blood streaked legs, nor swung a sharpened brontosaurus hip bone over their heads while howling “I object your honor” and the judge makes a war cry of angry rage while lightening streaks over their head to hit the active volcano behind them and fill the courtroom arena with the glowing hot embers and molten rock of frothing lava.

So in my opinion, I think CryTek has a case and CIG may need to defend themselves.

Hope this helps! I don’t usually give free law advice because I’m so good at it, but I figured I’d throw you a bone here.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
As an actual lawyer I put it to you that it does not seem right that we chop a tree down and then proceed to chop it up.
This is untenable.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

juggalo baby coffin posted:

the word order discussion was retarded and made me stop reading the thread. 90% of the rules in english were made up after everyone was already speaking english so they dont mean poo poo outside of exams. and in legal documents terms are generally defined to have a specific meaning, hence legalese existing.

god damnit you sucked me in you fuckers
lol you sucker

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
these loving lawyer posts, I'm not going to get suckered into this poo poo

*get suckered into this poo poo*

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Baldness
Dec 1, 2017

EminusSleepus posted:

Now this is a man who can clearly wiggle above its weight

No.

That is a particular technique,taught in parts of India, to pinch off a viscous and lengthy loaf.

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

blame the developer not the game, imo

edit: El jurado

Differo Cathedra fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jan 10, 2018

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

peter gabriel posted:

This is untenable.

Objection

:five: :five:

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

Never go full lawyer.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I’m a lawyer and I do ANAL.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

~clips into witness stand~

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Galarox posted:

Definition of anew in English:

anew
adverb
literary

1.0 In a new or different and typically more positive way.
‘her career had begun anew, with a lucrative Japanese modelling contract’

1.1 Once more; again.
‘tears filled her eyes anew’

1.2 Morely, cromulent; exclusively.
‘tears filled Crobbles eyes anew - everything was FUBAR - the ramps just didn't work, and neither did the doors, the jank, the drink mixing mini-game, the back end, the positronic brain or the ecumenical question ’

It begins a new

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Ghostlight posted:

lmao you fakefan fool, he took his helmet off for an entire storyline in the 80s with multiple lit shot and full frontals of his face.

hrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh! How fucken daaare you?!? No he didn't. He just didn't. He never did! Provide proof of these lies that you are telling! I read every 2000ad in the 80's ! He never ever took his helmet off. For fucks sakes that was his mistique. I mean what planet are you from? Planet deny reality? He just.... poo poo. You mean "the dead man" storyline. Weeeeel hggnf rggh pssst snarkowloopskitl. And so on. Anyways, that was in the 90's and he was all burnt and poo poo. And furthermore.

oh drat.... I have just experienced... another nice meltdown

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

It was in the episode where Judge Dredd and Magneto fight crime together but oh no here comes Batguy.

Aquaman????? No! Evil aquaman!!!!

*dolphins and poo poo*

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

The Titanic posted:

As a lawyer, I feel I should weigh in on my legal opinion here.

CIG has shells. And companies that are spanning international borders. This means Skadden is writing for notice and CIG is responding in words.

Within these words lies lies. These lies may be honest lies or lying lies, lying in wait for a lying liar to uncover their terrible secrets in space court.

Back in my day we settled issues like this with saddled dinosaurs and sharpened bones. The woman or man who had the sharpest bone and could cut the other person the most times until their dinosaur turned on them thanks to the scent of blood was the ultimate warrior and best lawyer who won the case for their plaintiff or defendant. The lawyers’ group who won was fed to the pterodactyl pits.

This is where The Bar originated, as the winning participants could stay behind the bars while the others were on the inside.

When I professionally evaluate these terms and conditions I see nothing but weakness on both sides. I see people begging to be fed to pterodactyls, whom have never straddled an enormous tyrannosaurus between their sweaty, blood streaked legs, nor swung a sharpened brontosaurus hip bone over their heads while howling “I object your honor” and the judge makes a war cry of angry rage while lightening streaks over their head to hit the active volcano behind them and fill the courtroom arena with the glowing hot embers and molten rock of frothing lava.

So in my opinion, I think CryTek has a case and CIG may need to defend themselves.

Hope this helps! I don’t usually give free law advice because I’m so good at it, but I figured I’d throw you a bone here.

Just you wait! I am working on a special Titanic pshop... just for you.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Has anyone ever unironically typed IANAL?

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

peter gabriel posted:

As an actual lawyer I put it to you that it does not seem right that we chop a tree down and then proceed to chop it up.
This is untenable.

But. But, but if you chopped it down, you can't chop it up. QED. Maths. Words. Other stuff.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Decrepus posted:

Has anyone ever unironically typed IANAL?
I, exclusively, have unironically typed it.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Please type 'anew' not 'a new' otherwise ESLs will wonder what this

has to do with your point

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Legal talk is bullshit wizard talk anyway, wake me up when someone becomes cursed by the bullshit wizard talk and has to shut down a dream as a result

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

If anyone unequivocally and substantially brings up this exclusively poo poo anew I'm going to

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Legal Strikes Back - Anew Hope

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Dusty Lens posted:

It was in the episode where Judge Dredd and Magneto fight crime together but oh no here comes Batguy.

Aquaman????? No! Evil aquaman!!!!

*dolphins and poo poo*

Well I don't even know where to begin with this post... so I will just have to point out that you, sir, are a blasphemer (blas-for-me, blas-for-you). Please dont provoke me to yet another meltdown, I cant survive 3 in one night. Just say something conciliatory such as "Judge Dredd is cool and good" or "Judge Dredd never ever ever ever ... ever ever shows his face" not asking for a friend, just asking for my blood pressure.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Byolante posted:

Please type 'anew' not 'a new' otherwise ESLs will wonder what this

has to do with your point

It's a Gnu. A gnother Gnu.

Massive internet points for whoever gets my particularly obscure reference.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Galarox posted:

Well I don't even know where to begin with this post... so I will just have to point out that you, sir, are a blasphemer (blas-for-me, blas-for-you). Please dont provoke me to yet another meltdown, I cant survive 3 in one night. Just say something conciliatory such as "Judge Dredd is cool and good" or "Judge Dredd never ever ever ever ... ever ever shows his face" not asking for a friend, just asking for my blood pressure.

Alot of people don't know this but Judge Dredd's Zorro mask was retconned in, the original 1920's serial had him wearing a tophat and monacle.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Raskolnikov posted:

If anyone unequivocally and substantially brings up this exclusively poo poo anew I'm going to

:laffo: Ras FTW

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
:staredog: Um Relay has transcripts for AtV. Like 5,000 word full transcripts, holy poo poo.

https://relay.sc/transcript/around-the-verse-thanksgiving-burndown

CryTek help these poor bastards.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Scruffpuff posted:

Alot of people don't know this but Judge Dredd's Zorro mask was retconned in, the original 1920's serial had him wearing a tophat and monacle.

Hrrrngh - You're getting Dredd wrong. I am so triggered. WTF is this disrespect to the God of Murican justice? Top Hat and Monacle? I know where you live!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Galarox posted:

Hrrrngh - You're gatting Dredd wrong. I am so triggered. WTF is this disrespect to the God of Murican justice? Top Hat and Monacle? I know where you live!

Looks like wot your breakin the law guvnah!