Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Why do so many ‘retro-style’ games have that really bad janky Superbrothers-style art that doesn’t look like any actual retro game ever made?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Why do so many ‘retro-style’ games have that really bad janky Superbrothers-style art that doesn’t look like any actual retro game ever made?

It’s probably easier to animate a sprite with hosed up noodle arms

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Laziness and lack of creativity, plus making something look good at a low resolution requires actual knowledge of art

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This. Indie block FTW.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I like to watch creative streams on twitch and when people use a gradient in pixel art the chat is flooded with pixel art cops and they run wild on that rear end.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Word up. Today I puked behind someone's Toyota Tundra in the street on my way back from getting Publix chicken tenders and a gatorade.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Word up. Today I puked behind someone's Toyota Tundra in the street on my way back from getting Publix chicken tenders and a gatorade.

lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i hadnt vomited from drinking in years until new years day when i drank a bunch of half price expired beers the night before and when i walked into a mcdonalds to have a poo poo on the way home the smell of the store made me puke instantly

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I almost threw up at work because the soap where you wash off mixing bowls smelled like the whisky.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

trying to jack off posted:

i hadnt vomited from drinking in years until new years day when i drank a bunch of half price expired beers the night before and when i walked into a mcdonalds to have a poo poo on the way home the smell of the store made me puke instantly

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

'ad a ralph twixt the Hungry Jacks and MacDonnels mate. Right proper bootin'

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

'ad a ralph twixt the Hungry Jacks and MacDonnels mate. Right proper bootin'

lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

drat now I wish I had found a Aussie bar last night.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The only time I actually puked from drinking was the time I puked all over my friends front lawn after a renn faire.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

drat now I wish I had found a Aussie bar last night.

when i was looking up other streams to try and find you on them i saw a few people on stage at what looked like a karaoke bar

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Me, hammered, in Gamestop tshirt surrounded by ppl dressed as Jedi and poo poo at a renn faire watching a jousting match: Man this is what Billie Joe was talkin about. Best time of my life

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The only time I actually puked from drinking was the time I puked all over my friends front lawn after a renn faire.

awesome

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Wormskull posted:

Publix fried chicken ftw

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Me, hammered, in Gamestop tshirt surrounded by ppl dressed as Jedi and poo poo at a renn faire watching a jousting match: Man this is what Billie Joe was talkin about. Best time of my life

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

goferchan posted:

Publix fried chicken ftw

I threw them up later on in the sink so it was a waste, but I gave some to my dog.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the first time i puked from drinking i was 16 at my mums wedding to my step dad and i passed out and vomited all over the table. it stunk so bad my sisters boyfriend, who was also a teacher at my school, had to wear a tshirt around his face as a mask to try clean it up

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I threw up the first time from drinking vodka mixed with Dairy Mate, and eating red hot cheetos last New Years. It's what my steam picture is about. Memories... Now that I'm mad sober it's going to be hard to paint the bathroom red.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Least I'll always have this message from Yobgoblin titled "https://imgur.com/a/fYXLu".

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the sickest i've ever been from drinking in my whole life was day drinking at a renn faire and not realizing that mead has the abv of wine and not beer.

i got hung over at like 4, ate chinese food with my roomies and had about half a portion of lomein, excused myself, and then walked up stairs and barfed undigested lomein directly back into the toilet

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Back into the toilet???

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

the sickest ive ever been from drinking was passed out on a lawn after a huyge summer solstice party/show at someones house after i played and my pants were halfway down my rear end and i was laying on the ground telling anyone that would listen about salo: 120 days of sodom

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Daydrunk at the renn faire ftw.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

always was able to hold my liqour at the renn faire

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

sector_corrector posted:

the sickest i've ever been from drinking in my whole life was day drinking at a renn faire and not realizing that mead has the abv of wine and not beer.

i got hung over at like 4, ate chinese food with my roomies and had about half a portion of lomein, excused myself, and then walked up stairs and barfed undigested lomein directly back into the toilet

this is one of those things i had to google to see how hosed up it is in america

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

poo poo I went sober before I ever got a chance to try Renn Faire mead...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

this is one of those things i had to google to see how hosed up it is in america

lmao

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it was some rotgut stuff that they probably bought by the case as cheap as possible. pretty epic being tuned up, eating a turkey leg, watching jousting tho.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

im now imagining an austrailian ren faire lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

elf help book posted:

im now imagining an austrailian ren faire lol

lmao