Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

but... he was so creative?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Congrats, Panthers fans.

Meanwhile the Bucs are gonna have to have another losing season before we clean house again. We'll probably go 6-10 next season and then finally we'll be rid of Koetter.

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?
It's about drat time!

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

What a great way to start my day.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Sorry Falcons fans, but Bama sealed your fate last night. It’s established principle that when the local college team loses a national championship to a Bama team that didn’t even win their conference the next step is that Alex Smith Nick Foles goes HAM on you in the divisional round.

Gonna look real weird watching Foles newborn colt gallop his was to a 30 yard TD on a bootleg, but it’s just destiny at this point.

I want to fight you on this, but not so deep down I know this to be true and was pretty much my first thought as well. Football is pain.

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

Congrats Panthers goons. But lovely news for the rest of this thread. The idea of Cam w/ a real coaching staff is terrifying. :smith:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Sent from my iPad posted:

Congrats Panthers goons. But lovely news for the rest of this thread. The idea of Cam w/ a real coaching staff is terrifying. :smith:

I take comfort in the fact that the previous regime has already caused irreparable damage both physically and emotionally.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Coming out of lurking status to say

THANK loving GOD!!!!

Arzakon
Nov 24, 2002

"I hereby retire from Mafia"
Please turbo me if you catch me in a game.

ALLAHU AKBAR

Butch Otter
Jan 24, 2003

Welcome to Charlotte, Norv

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
I actually am happier with the firing of Dorsey. I think Shula’s offense could have worked with the right players, but Cam’s lack of development as a passer and his poor footwork has held it back. Also the drops, but that is on the GM for not getting the right guys on the team.

The biggest problem in 2017 though was our run game. I don’t know if it was scheme, the lack of respect defenses gave Cam’s arm or poor run blocking. Every back we lined up averaged around 2 yards per carry most games, and a lot of times guys were in the backfield as the ball was being handed off. A lot of Stewart’s carries were 0-1 yard gains, but he had to break 1-2 tackles to get that. We had a ton of drive killing RUN plays.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I had to re read the headline in my newsfeed 4 times.

I'm happier about this than I would've been to beat the saints.

Arzakon
Nov 24, 2002

"I hereby retire from Mafia"
Please turbo me if you catch me in a game.

BlindSite posted:

I'm happier about this than I would've been to beat the saints.

I was sad after the loss because I thought the touchdowns and almost winning would erase the memories of perpetual field goals but I'm so glad I was wrong.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Slowpoke! posted:

I actually am happier with the firing of Dorsey. I think Shula’s offense could have worked with the right players, but Cam’s lack of development as a passer and his poor footwork has held it back. Also the drops, but that is on the GM for not getting the right guys on the team.

The biggest problem in 2017 though was our run game. I don’t know if it was scheme, the lack of respect defenses gave Cam’s arm or poor run blocking. Every back we lined up averaged around 2 yards per carry most games, and a lot of times guys were in the backfield as the ball was being handed off. A lot of Stewart’s carries were 0-1 yard gains, but he had to break 1-2 tackles to get that. We had a ton of drive killing RUN plays.

but enough about UGA's second half offense in the national championship.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Apparently they're looking at Norv. Not sure how much I like that but a literal rock would be an improvement so whatever.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Team is currently being run by the man who drafted armanti edwards and a former cheerleader from the inaugural season.

AND I LOVE IT

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?

Slowpoke! posted:

I think the predictability of the offense is the main reason the run game was such a stinker. It's a lot easier to stop it when you know exactly what's coming.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

zimbomonkey posted:

Apparently they're looking at Norv. Not sure how much I like that but a literal rock would be an improvement so whatever.

I'm not sure your health will allow it.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, that's what you want for Cam Newton. Air Coryell, stand tall in the pocket, west-coast style.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Rumors flying Norv has been hired.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I don't mind the Norv hiring one bit tbh. If it's true.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Bring back Chud.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Alaois posted:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

We have a YouTube for this now.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

We have a YouTube for this now.

Big Enough doesn't quite encapsulate every emotion found within that post

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Asnorban posted:

Bring back Chud.

Chud coming back would be amazing. We'd need a 2nd tight end with Dickson a free agent but maaan those two tight end sets they used to run.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

BlindSite posted:

Chud coming back would be amazing. We'd need a 2nd tight end with Dickson a free agent but maaan those two tight end sets they used to run.

On the subject, I am legit surprised how much I miss Jacob "Most Hated Man in the NFL" Tamme :(

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

weird Asian candy posted:

On the subject, I am legit surprised how much I miss Jacob "Most Hated Man in the NFL" Tamme :(

he put in good work.

Going to Hooper as #1 tight end has been super poo poo.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

he put in good work.

Going to Hooper as #1 tight end has been super poo poo.

Yup. We need a true TE1. Free agency class looks like poop unless you wanna roll the dice on oft-injured Eifert...

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

My wife texted me the news while I was at work (she's the best), and I almost screamed.

I thought she was loving with me.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

weird Asian candy posted:

Yup. We need a true TE1. Free agency class looks like poop unless you wanna roll the dice on oft-injured Eifert...

I wanted to draft him, so sign me up.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Sent from my iPad posted:

They should hire Cam Cameron. He's got plenty of NFL experience! And they share names!

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Silly Burrito posted:

They should hire Cam Cameron. He's got plenty of NFL experience! And they share names!

cam cameron and cam newton have never been spotted in the same room together. coincidence?

well, probably.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
I'm 10x happier with this timeline than the other timeline where the Panthers win the playoff game and keep Shula for the next 5 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-FPimCmbX8

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
Well then, you're welcome and congrats Panther goons.

I'm bummed though. Norv probably has a few wrinkles that could work short run. Hopefully we don't have to play them early in the season.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Twitter rumors!!!

https://twitter.com/Softykjr/status/951000310993965056

At this point, Id rather keep him. Hes gotten better and a lot of the problems with the offense have been failures to execute and not scheme/design. Plus I dont want Matt to be on his 5th OC :(

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
His playcalling is dogshit, but admittedly is a bit better these days.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

His playcalling is dogshit, but admittedly is a bit better these days.

He has been better of late. I think if you eliminate all the drops and stupid randomness that was the offense this year, they look much better. Even with them all they were a top 10 offense...without them you are probably looking at top 5, maybe 3. Admittedly, he seemed like a fish out of water in the early part of the season with the obsession with jet sweeps to Gabriel, screen passes to Austin Hoopah, and zone tosses to the RBs. Which, try them once ok...but he kept going to them after they routinely got shut down which was just dumb. He has gotten much better as the season has progressed.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Yeah continuity is big, hopefully we block him from going unless we've got someone really good in mind. Dunno where to attribute all the execution problems. I also don't know why any OC would want to go to the Seahawks when all their success comes from Russ improvising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

sexy tiger boobs posted:

Yeah continuity is big, hopefully we block him from going unless we've got someone really good in mind. Dunno where to attribute all the execution problems. I also don't know why any OC would want to go to the Seahawks when all their success comes from Russ improvising.

That and Sark still doesn't know poo poo about running or installing an NFL offense. He's literally calling Shanahans playbook.

• Locked thread