Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

That is a big future trend, yes.

Maybe if you're posting from the 90s. I heard interactive live TV is very hot as well.

Bus yes, the fridge is going to see that you're running out of eggs and order new ones! Such an amazing future. And after that, it's going to get hacked and be part of the global botnet army.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011

BrownieVK posted:

Halo multiplayer is not a high ttk at all. Its a dance of grenades, peppering with fire and finishing off with melee attack. Control the power weapons, learn map control do not chase and all that. Halo multiplayer is great because everyone is on an even field (no perks or gear) and if you suck it's your fault lol. It's also great because you can turn an engagement around big time since the shield system is so prevalent.
I play occasionally add me GT: jesuz cicle

Thanks. Can you explain what Halo 3 ODST is? Was it well-received back in the day? Is it a good game? Did it have multiplayer? It must have had multiplayer. It's included in MCC but I have to download it separately I guess.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Halo ODST mp is a horde mode against ai. Halo 3 was big at the time so there was no need to make a separate mp game

The ODST campaign is one of the best halo campaigns hands down

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Twat McTwatterson posted:

Thanks. Can you explain what Halo 3 ODST is? Was it well-received back in the day? Is it a good game? Did it have multiplayer? It must have had multiplayer. It's included in MCC but I have to download it separately I guess.

ODST is not included in MCC unless you bought and played it before 2016. Otherwise it's a $5 DLC.

Also, the remastered version in MCC doesn't have multiplayer at all.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Fame Douglas posted:

CES is primarily about internet-connected smart fridges.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I mainly want Xbox for to play elite dangerous, but I just had a thought that if a VR company released a first person version of grim fandango they would literally never be short on money.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

TraderStav posted:

Just got an XBOX S. Can I put Netflix or another video app in a small window while I play? I thought that was a feature.

univbee posted:

Emphasis mine. It got removed so they could squeeze a little more performance out of the system.

Bummer. Can you still do the pop-up with the HDMI in set up to your cable box or FireTV or something? Or is that out also?

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

No pop up is gone as well.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Just set your laptop on the table. Boom, Netflix window.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Twat McTwatterson posted:

It's included in MCC but I have to download it separately I guess.

I keep forgetting this. I need to dl and play it stat. ODST is great.

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Let's just watch it play out.

Agreed.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Blind Rasputin posted:

I mainly want Xbox for to play elite dangerous, but I just had a thought that if a VR company released a first person version of grim fandango they would literally never be short on money.

The puzzles in Grim Fandango are arbitrary nonsense designed to sell strategy guides

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Fame Douglas posted:

I bought this console for all in one and I demand cable Fox News playing pip while I play cod ww2 german team only

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Fame Douglas posted:

Yeah yeah I know. Thought it was a sweet feature and surprised that it was taken out

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I liked Snap in theory but when trying to use it I found the laptop-on-table method to be a lot better. Easier to control, a bigger second screen, didn't shrink the game. Getting rid of snap also sure seemed to make the UI run faster, too.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Snap was a scourge. It made the OG Bone chug, and was largely useless.

I can’t imagine anyone uses picture on picture these days. Seems like a novelty before everyone had tablets, phones, and laptops.

Like, I remember everyone flipping poo poo about it in the early 2000’s but I’ve never heard someone ask for it as a feature.

Not dismissing your needs I just find it to be odd.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Beastie posted:

Snap was a scourge. It made the OG Bone chug, and was largely useless.

I can’t imagine anyone uses picture on picture these days. Seems like a novelty before everyone had tablets, phones, and laptops.

Like, I remember everyone flipping poo poo about it in the early 2000’s but I’ve never heard someone ask for it as a feature.

Not dismissing your needs I just find it to be odd.

Well I mean the maint hing that killed picture in picture on TVs was that people were switching from antennas and analog cable where you could easily have two seperate stations tuned in, to going through digital TV boxes and poo poo that would only tune to one place. So at that point you could only do a PIP if you happened to have something you really wanted to watch on tape or DVD or something and it all just fell apart. Then a bunch of early HDTVs for the mass market couldn't do PIP at all while a digital input was running so that really killed it.

Anyway I only ever used Snap on my Xbone for playing Threes while watching Youtube.

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass

ODST is fantastic. It's dark moody and atmospheric. It has some of the absolute best music in a halo game. You play as an ODST trooper so you cant jump as high or take as much abuse as Master chief so it forces you to play slower and plan out attacks. As others have said the firefight mode was alot like horde mode in Gears which was expanded in Reach.
Seriously don't skip ODST!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I liked using Snap when I was playing something like Madden where I didn't have to worry about too much audio or anything like that.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

ethanol posted:

Halo ODST mp is a horde mode against ai. Halo 3 was big at the time so there was no need to make a separate mp
Not only that, ODST came on two discs, the second disc was literally just Halo 3 MP.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I am very glad that there is now a Spotify app and it plays in the background. Podcasts and games is chill.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Heh, Sony just announced a new OLED TV line called X1 Extreme. Saw this while watching tv on my Xfinity X1 cable box.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Also re: our VR discussion, HTC Vive Pro announced:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yLO-WUXIMU

(Potentially) wireless, better resolution, and wisely stole the Rift's built-in headphones.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Hoo boy that looks expensive

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Behold, the Games of the Future
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovWXXn_-zmQ

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Well poo poo, I just got around to finishing the new Wolfenstein game and now topless blood covered pregnant women are my new thing :(

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass

Maneki Neko posted:

Well poo poo, I just got around to finishing the new Wolfenstein game and now topless blood covered pregnant women are my new thing :(

Lol I literally finished this up the other day too and had to screenshot that when it happened.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Boss fight would have been nice

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Maneki Neko posted:

lol if you weren't already into that

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Real hurthling! posted:

Boss fight would have been nice

There were three bosses just before that.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Pfff

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I’m actually not a fan of video game titties

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I think it’s perverse

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

More dilz in games please

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I wish Wolf let me gently caress with control settings other than sensitivity. I always over aim when looking down sights.

That and the auto lean mechanic are loving garbage.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Wolf 2 controls like ripe rear end with a controller.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

veni veni veni posted:

Wolf 2 controls like ripe rear end with a controller.

So like every other fps on a console?

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass
Doom works awesome on a controller? Wolfenstein did feel very wonky to me.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Wolf2 handled like a boat. I'm not sure why it gets so much love. The characters are interesting, but the gunplay, presentation, levels, mission structure, and graphics were all pretty mediocre.

It could have been the Wolfentstein version of Doom 2k16 but nope.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Yea I'm finding Wolf2 to be fine but not great, with some really frustrating sections. The cutscenes save it, which is pretty faint praise for a game. I'll finish it and probably trade it in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

At least there was a sort-of storyline explanation for controlling badly

Mission 1: Wheelchair-bound. Somehow still able to stealth-kill people.
Missions 2 through like halfway through the game? Slightly less maybe?: In a super-suit but still ultimately a bullet-ridden cripple.
The rest of the game: Literally a head transplanted on another body, I can't imagine that works with 100% effectiveness.