Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
Past a certain point, corvettes and destroyers are basically just ablative armor for your big ships unless you're up against very specific builds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MilkmanLuke
Jul 4, 2012

I'm da prettiest, so I'm da boss.

Baus is boss.
https://mobile.twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/950707085511200768

"Are these orbital cannons or ships?"

"Yes"

:getin:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
You will pry my mining laser corvettes from my cold, dead hands.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Are there any mods that allow me to view JUST the strategic resources on the map, didn't see that specifically mentioned in the OP. Just got this two weeks ago and I love it.

EDIT: Are the amoebas any better than the fighter/bombers? I really like shooting amoebas at my enemies

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jan 9, 2018

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Soonmot posted:

Are there any mods that allow me to view JUST the strategic resources on the map, didn't see that specifically mentioned in the OP. Just got this two weeks ago and I love it.

EDIT: Are the amoebas any better than the fighter/bombers? I really like shooting amoebas at my enemies

I want to say they're like Tier1.5 Strike Craft

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Soonmot posted:

Better than tier 1, better-ish than tier 2, worse than tier 3, and scourge strike craft are better than anything. Amoebas do have longer range than other strike craft though.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Soonmot posted:

Amoebas are pretty good, but you'll want to replace them with T3 bombers. T2 bombers are more accurate and do slightly more damage, but are slower, have less range, and use more power. So you can replace them with T2 bombers if you want, but I personally keep using the Amoebas until I get to T3.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I just installed a mod to increase the amount available traits but when i try to modify my populations there are to many for me to be able to do anything with the screen. Is there any good fix for this or am I just out of luck?

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

Hunt11 posted:

I just installed a mod to increase the amount available traits but when i try to modify my populations there are to many for me to be able to do anything with the screen. Is there any good fix for this or am I just out of luck?

There is a mod that adjusts the Gene modding UI, not sure if it will help with that particular problem though.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

subhelios posted:

There is a mod that adjusts the Gene modding UI, not sure if it will help with that particular problem though.

It's worth a try so is there a name I should search or just keep on scrolling through the pages?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Hunt11 posted:

It's worth a try so is there a name I should search or just keep on scrolling through the pages?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1143523429&searchtext=ui

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Thank you.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

lol yea i'll get right on that.

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer

Roobanguy posted:

If it's any consolation, the Dathnak event chain is the most annoying event chain once you've seen it a few times, as the rewards are paltry for the level of science ship faffing it involves.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/951030925680312320

New colony ship? Civilian ship? Space Park?

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

Stargate I'd guess.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
The one on the left definitely has turrets on top of it so I'm gonna guess Titan sized warship.

No guess on the hula hoop thing.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Dedicated siege ship for screwing up titans and stations?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Could be a ship that creates gateways. Something like a ship-mounted wormhole generator. But that's just me hoping more than anything.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Roobanguy posted:

Reminds me of the time it was in the middle of a xenophobe FE's territory :v:

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Aethernet posted:

If it's any consolation, the Dathnak event chain is the most annoying event chain once you've seen it a few times, as the rewards are paltry for the level of science ship faffing it involves.

The last time through I got the "one of us wants to migrate to [x]!!" event about 6 months before that planet was destroyed by the construction of a ring world. They still demanded that she be brought home a little later, sadly there wasn't a "nope we blew her up" option.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
Might be a station constructor? So you can relocate or just straight up drop an already built up starport somewhere else?

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
In a twist none of us saw coming, Wiz lets us build tiiiiiiiiiiny ringworlds with 2.0.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

In my ideal scenario they uncouple megastructures from the ascendancy picks and instead make them rewards for quest lines and anomalies.

Settle a planet with a precursor ruin on it and excavate it. Hey looks like you found the plans for a Dyson sphere, now go to tomb world where the construction yard for the segments were and do a bunch of stuff for special components and you get to put down a scaffold.

Pace this out a little bit over the course of the game and megastructures aren't this really cool thing you only build when you're already the major galactic power.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

How do I demand more than one planet in a system? I won a war that gave me a planet in a system with two colonies, but when I reloaded the save before the war, I couldn't find the second planet in the demands tab.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

HardDiskD posted:

How do I demand more than one planet in a system? I won a war that gave me a planet in a system with two colonies, but when I reloaded the save before the war, I couldn't find the second planet in the demands tab.

If it's currently in the process of being colonised you can't demand it. You can go blow it up, however.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
you can also blow it up with one single starter corvette

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Demiurge4 posted:

In my ideal scenario they uncouple megastructures from the ascendancy picks and instead make them rewards for quest lines and anomalies.

I dunno, I like the megastructures being part of the ascendancy picks (mostly because the other generic ones don't feel very good), but I hate the research aspect of it. I have builds that max out Unity, but I can hardly do anything fun with my picks until I get the research for it much later. And I can't control when I get that research. So if I'm stuck in a tiny area and wanna build stations forever...well, not gonna happn.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

I assume this is the new wormhole jump-esque ship module that allows you to take a fleet deep into enemy territory but has a long cooldown and debuffs your fleet that they talked about in the FTL dev diary.

They've been doing Cherryh diaries for so long I completely forgot about some of the stuff they are planning until I read through them again the other day. It's going to be hard to play current Stellaris knowing what's coming up on the horizon.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I tried to buy a cultural center or whatever from the artist enclave and now I can no longer communicate with them.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Thyrork posted:

In a twist none of us saw coming, Wiz lets us build tiiiiiiiiiiny ringworlds with 2.0.

It's a hat for your capital world

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It's either a jump ship or a planet killer. :getin:

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Shugojin posted:

It's a hat for your capital world

Paradox hire this man

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

New feature request: the ability to jump planets back to my home system. 10 size 25 planet home system or bust.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

i think its a mobile super heavy gun thing, similar to the earlier screenshot. The front just looks like a gun.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

PittTheElder posted:

New feature request: the ability to jump planets back to my home system. 10 size 25 planet home system or bust.

Gotta make a new empire called V.I.L.E. lead by President San Diego.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

PittTheElder posted:

I embraced the worm on my most recent game and got 13 habitable tomb worlds in my home system. Four were huge (20+), four more were acceptable (15+), and the other five were all smaller with a couple of 10s. I didn't settle those.

I pity the fool that tries to attack my home system now.

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer
Could be a planet destroyer of some kind. The ring goes around planets and then pulls them into some kind of one-way wormhole, until the residents figure out how to get back to the datum universe and send ever more deadly raiding fleets through.

gizmojumpjet
Feb 21, 2006

Fill your bowl to the brim and it will spill. Keep sharpening your knife and it will blunt.
Grimey Drawer
It's clearly a jogging path for use by your assault troops to keep their muscle tone up while in transit to their next conquest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

Hunt11 posted:

I tried to buy a cultural center or whatever from the artist enclave and now I can no longer communicate with them.

Obviously you didn't appreciate the intent of the author and install it in a suitable venue that complimented it. You have been branded an unclutured lout byt the interstellar art community and can no longer engage with them.

• Locked thread