Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
There's no question that, if answered honestly, a majority of the Commons would assert they have no confidence in this government. I wonder if even a majority of Tories have confidence? Or if the only unifying factor is fear of another election.

May is so screwed that if she embraced it she might have leverage. "Defying me means triggering a crisis and an election that we'll lose. Do so and be damned."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/parliawint/status/950778315215949824

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Tacky-rear end Rococco posted:

There's no question that, if answered honestly, a majority of the Commons would assert they have no confidence in this government. I wonder if even a majority of Tories have confidence? Or if the only unifying factor is fear of another election.

May is so screwed that if she embraced it she might have leverage. "Defying me means triggering a crisis and an election that we'll lose. Do so and be damned."

I thought I read somewhere that she has said this at some point, or at least that the dominant feeling in the tory party is genuine fear of a Corbyn government (because they may actually believe their own bullshit about his being a merciless Stalinist, rather than a mild-mannered centre left manhole enthusiast)

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
I think it’s more the fear of not being in power and also losing their jobs. The Communism stuff is nonsense

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Barry Foster posted:

manhole enthusiast

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Barry Foster posted:

I thought I read somewhere that she has said this at some point, or at least that the dominant feeling in the tory party is genuine fear of a Corbyn government (because they may actually believe their own bullshit about his being a merciless Stalinist, rather than a mild-mannered centre left manhole enthusiast)

he wants to put men in holes, or "subterranean gulags"

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

biglads posted:

I'd always had Grayling marked down as a coprophiliac rather than a pedo, but I can't say I'd be surprised either way.

por k no los 2 :thunk:

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

I wonder if I still have my POGs somewhere.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/parliawint/status/950798068336742400

im glad the savior of politic's is back

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Ministery of Defense refuses to tell Parliament how much they are spending to give the new carrier F-35Bs, cites "none of your business" and "it would be gauche to talk how much we spent."

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/corbyn-labour-community-campaign-unit-transform-the-labour-party-again-a8149886.html

Corbyn establishing soviets.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

All power to the soviets! But done right this time!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

oh hell fuckin yeah

that’s the transparency I crave. billions that could have gone to the NHS just fuckin gone for our stupid Swiss army jet that don’t work

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Taintrunner posted:

oh hell fuckin yeah

that’s the transparency I crave. billions that could have gone to the NHS just fuckin gone for our stupid Swiss army jet that don’t work

It's even more depressing when you consider just how long everyone's known that these things were going to be an absurdly costly gently caress up

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/crimesofbrits/status/950786277661728768

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

this is the guy who recently resigned from a universities role given by the government

https://twitter.com/AllyFogg/status/951050139338145792

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Captain_Maclaine posted:

All power to the soviets! But done right this time!

Maybe not abolish soviet power shortly after giving them all power

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Jose posted:

this is the guy who recently resigned from a universities role given by the government

https://twitter.com/AllyFogg/status/951050139338145792

ooooohhh

https://twitter.com/BorisJohnson/status/948469085557411841

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i'm a big fan of the thumbnail putting child rape above his name

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/BorisJohnson/status/951059985697566720

lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

maybe the government should punish virgin by not giving them a £2bn bailout then?

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Boris: Private companies can do what they want

Virgin: *bans the daily mail*

Boris: No not like that

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Fans posted:

I think it’s more the fear of not being in power and also losing their jobs. The Communism stuff is nonsense

nah its extremely common for politicians to start beleiving their own propaganda
i think in the same way most tories have internalised that austerity was a cost saving measure not ideological asset stripping they have also convinced themselves that corbyn is genuinely the first step on the road to stalin/mao

see: free markets, compassionate conservatism, bipartisanship etc

like my only tory friend will go "hmmm theresa may is very bad, but i read a book about how mao killed millions" and its like.... what?

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

boris has been insanely low energy since he realised everyone hates him and hes forever destroyed his reputation

cementing his historical legacy as a stupid loving tit who brought about the Great British Depression in 2019

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

im trying to post less about how I want politicians to die because... yknow, dont want a visit from old plod, but otoh.... its bojo

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnDROWN HIM IN A SEWER

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

this is extremely good

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

nopantsjack posted:

im trying to post less about how I want politicians to die because... yknow, dont want a visit from old plod, but otoh.... its bojo

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnDROWN HIM IN A SEWER

I'd settle for merely holding him to account for his numerous gently caress ups and firing all the `chums' he's had appointed

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Jose posted:

maybe the government should punish virgin by not giving them a £2bn bailout then?

virgin west coast has banned the DM
virgin east coast that's getting the bailout is an entirely different company that's actually 95% stagecoach.

rail franchising is fun

Mu.
Sep 15, 2003

The thing about Forevereal Modding Mu is that he loves editing files and wants others to download his permanent mods. Fully editing, rich text, altering files and loving it. Download his mods and enjoy it.

https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov/status/951078320942256128

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Hes too good for us

I'd still ban Nazi rags on the public trains tho

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

nopantsjack posted:

nah its extremely common for politicians to start beleiving their own propaganda
i think in the same way most tories have internalised that austerity was a cost saving measure not ideological asset stripping they have also convinced themselves that corbyn is genuinely the first step on the road to stalin/mao

see: free markets, compassionate conservatism, bipartisanship etc

like my only tory friend will go "hmmm theresa may is very bad, but i read a book about how mao killed millions" and its like.... what?

This is it exactly. The Tory party is made up of a combination of unrepentant old Cold Warriors and younger PPE aristocrats who have never known anything except Austrian economics and privilege. For both of these groups, Corbynite politics really do appear genuinely dangerous.

Which is why they're so, so appealing to the rest of us :getin:

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

He's not going to ban the paper but if you pick it up on the train a Labour commissar shoves you out a window

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

nationalise the Daily Mail

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

dawn foster going after that guy the last while makes even more sense now

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

nopantsjack posted:

Hes too good for us

I'd still ban Nazi rags on the public trains tho

it's such a fantastic move in a moment when people believe, rightly or wrongly, that the left has abandoned free speech

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
jose are you uk-ish

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

ish?

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
i dont know the word for it. "being from the uk"?

i didn't want to call you english in case you're from scotland... i like having two functioning eyes

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

the word is british

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

large adult son posted:

the word is british

a person from Scotland is British?