Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I知 controlling Morag and I like the battles much more

Also I have percival and finch and I知 probably loving something up by putting smash on the tank but whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I forgot about the sleep cap, that was a good thing

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i am at the top of the tree of life and still haven't found a way to open that traitorous noppon's chest

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

gently caress I was just looking to see what the spread of rng blade types was from core crystals and came across what has to be a massive spoiler. gently caress what the hell is wrong with people who make wiki lists.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What was the spoiler

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Nia is a blade (no idea when in the game this relates to)

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I知 controlling Morag and I like the battles much more

Also I have percival and finch and I知 probably loving something up by putting smash on the tank but whatever

it doesn't matter who has break/topple/launch/smash really

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Good god some of these side quests are long . Just finished the one to get Vess and I swear it had over a dozen steps . Happy to FINALLY get a rare blade with lightning tho, gonna throw her on Nia along with my newly well-fed and pimped out Boreas (who is godlike now with all his affinity stuff maxed , I feel like it's impossible to die)

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Tender Bender posted:

Nia is a blade (no idea when in the game this relates to)

eh you would've figured this out by the time they tell you why

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

hubris.height posted:

eh you would've figured this out by the time they tell you why

Thanks, glad it's apparently not a huge deal. I was kind of wondering from the bizarre end to the hot springs scene but ruled it out because she has dromarch and other blades

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I’m controlling Morag and I like the battles much more

Also I have percival and finch and I’m probably loving something up by putting smash on the tank but whatever

Do you like Finch on that character, I also opened Percival and I have finch on Nia (which I've never used obviously). I'm thinking about using an overdrive to move finch over but she seems kind of meh

It's insanely dumb how stingy they are with overdrives

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

morags best layout is brighid, her other story blade and perceval but kasandra and finch are really good picks too. haven't gotten the other fire tank to test them, since a later ability lets you disengage story blades

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

you also get five extra overdrives eventually

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lmfao at the abandoned factory boss fight against a giant funko pop maid while a Nopon doing a Dr Evil voice constantly screams in the back ground . This game is epic

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Poppi's new look is sick . When can I get the element change blueprints for her though? I've already got too many good fire blades

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They're scattered throughout the world, you get all 5 by about the end of the game. Idk which ones exactly open up elemental cores though

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Dagas is my new favorite blade to run around with because when the party members comment on inane poo poo like "It's morning!" and "We've finally arrived!" he just says "Who cares"

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
i like heal on crit acccessories + zenobia with crit up aux cores and damage bossting items so rex can do like 10000 damage with an auto attack and get fully healed against named monsters 10 levels above me

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
does anyone have a cheatsheet with just location names on where to find all the zenobia hunts

i was thinking of maxing that out before doing the final boss

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

hubris.height posted:

does anyone have a cheatsheet with just location names on where to find all the zenobia hunts

i was thinking of maxing that out before doing the final boss

heres a spreadsheet :cheers:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HKkPoCbW0oO1JzV-hx21ueZMIjmWdboVh3vgSrlEwj4/edit#gid=156643286

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

blades are a neat idea and fun in actual combat but everything about their gacha system from concept to execution is bafflingly awful. this is probably my favorite series that I would never recommend to anyone I know

R. Guyovich posted:

morags best layout is brighid, her other story blade and perceval but kasandra and finch are really good picks too. haven't gotten the other fire tank to test them, since a later ability lets you disengage story blades

When does she get the other story blade?

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

goferchan posted:

Dagas is my new favorite blade to run around with because when the party members comment on inane poo poo like "It's morning!" and "We've finally arrived!" he just says "Who cares"

lol

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

very cool thanks

here's the optimal poppi configurations:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Tender Bender posted:

blades are a neat idea and fun in actual combat but everything about their gacha system from concept to execution is bafflingly awful. this is probably my favorite series that I would never recommend to anyone I know

When does she get the other story blade?

Ya I really don't think this is a "good game", but also I want to keep playing it. And then I complain really loudly at the lovely choices they make like making me start a sidequest for a full hour then not letting me finish it because I don't have the right skills. The battles are fun and the world looks cool but just so many stupid things

mysterious loyall X posted:

it doesn't matter who has break/topple/launch/smash really
I thought more attack would give bigger smashes so you wanna smash with Master Rexrex

Tender Bender posted:

Do you like Finch on that character, I also opened Percival and I have finch on Nia (which I've never used obviously). I'm thinking about using an overdrive to move finch over but she seems kind of meh

It's insanely dumb how stingy they are with overdrives

Finch isn't bad at all. His default stat boost gives a LOT of agi and he has high block, his passives block statuses and give more aggro. The character has a good moveset with hammers too

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

How do I get the break/topple/launch/smash chain going anyways? Right now I have uhh Topple on Rex, Launch on Nia, and Break & Smash on the 4th character. She never switches blades over to Smash in time to do so after Nia launches them ..... Do I need to just slow down and wait to hit Topple til the Break bar is almost out? Or put some "fast switch cooldown" aux on the blade that has Smash?

edit: actually I'm not really sure now if the fast switch cores decerease the cooldown switching TO the blade they're equipped on or FROM the blade they're equipped on 👀

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
I give beta scopes to the other two which lets them break all the time, then overclocking bangle on Rex which allows fast blade switch. Any hammer gives Rex launch and Roc has smash. With this I can smash like every 15 seconds.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

"this isnt a good game but ive played 420 hours and am level 69 and cant stop" are my favorite type of posts

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Fungah! posted:

"this isnt a good game but ive played 420 hours and am level 69 and cant stop" are my favorite type of posts

it's not a good game....it's a fantastic game

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Im going to try and run with no healers now because I don't want to do the same merc mission 90 times to finish leveling up Ursula

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

goferchan posted:

Im going to try and run with no healers now because I don't want to do the same merc mission 90 times to finish leveling up Ursula

there are several other non ursula healers

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I don't like Nia much either to be perfectly honest

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What the gently caress.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

goferchan posted:

I don't like Nia much either to be perfectly honest

:catstare:

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Somehow I知 in ch8 and dont have a single blade with Light Mastery

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

mythra?

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Maybe so. I didnt check because its for a merc mission and would t send her anyway

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Frenz posted:

the only light blades are mythra, kos-mos, and poppi qt pie with the light core so probably only kos-mos has it

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Frenz posted:

I beat the game before I got KOSMOS. I don't remember any merc missions that require light, just a few that had it as a speed boost.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

emoji posted:

I beat the game before I got KOSMOS. I don't remember any merc missions that require light, just a few that had it as a speed boost.

yeah it was probably just a speed boost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i beat the game last night, gonna take a break before i go back and finish some quests

wish i got kosmos, but idk if i wanna grind rare cores for it

• Locked thread