Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

I'd short them but it'll probably go up forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

My favorite part of that whole thing was when Jamie Dimon posts were being posted as proof of bitcoin being a scam and (self professed) mentally ill poster Prester Jane decided I have a God Complex because I disagreed

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Genderfluent posted:

Holy poo poo that Kodak bitcoin news is actually amazing

https://twitter.com/chrisbhoffman/status/950861459302445056

why are they renting out the money printing machines instead of just running them for themselves :thunk:

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

deadwing posted:

why are they renting out the money printing machines instead of just running them for themselves :thunk:

pay me :10bux: and I will give you a way to make thousands instead of using it myself

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

LinYutang posted:

well at least Jamie fessed up to being wrong

https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/950761612352409601

Do you read this thread?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Ham Sandwiches posted:

My favorite part of that whole thing was when Jamie Dimon posts were being posted as proof of bitcoin being a scam and (self professed) mentally ill poster Prester Jane decided I have a God Complex because I disagreed

You mocking anyone else for mental illness is super rich

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I was mocking the idiotic idea that she felt the need to project really vivid narratives to explain the fact that I disagreed with the JP Morgan Chase CEO about cryptocurrencies

This thread has gotten quite surreal at times, that sure was one of them

Satchel and Trunk
Nov 4, 2008
Kodak is going to be the new Pets.com, but with Blockchain!

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

autism isn't a mental illness

well, I think anyway

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I saw a display of Long Island Iced Teas at the supermarket earlier, so I guess they haven't completed their full pivot to blockchain.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Nessus posted:

I saw a display of Long Island Iced Teas at the supermarket earlier, so I guess they haven't completed their full pivot to blockchain.

was there a block of they product in a chain store

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
Show bobcoin and vegecoin

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Has anyone made *.coin yet. It can't fail.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

No one answered my question about if we're the property of libertarian murder bots yet :confused:

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Honestly, trying to find evidence that we're still in the early part of the bubble is way more of a valid line of thought to me than arguing it isn't a bubble at all

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

wide stance posted:

Because it's extremely dumb and doesn't work for a multitude of Trading 101 reasons, especially as a $250 billion behemoth.

Even if it's tiny and a person's buy/sells have a major effect on the price there's still the slippage factor neutralizing any profits.

Yeah I don't remember that time that someone crashed the price of bitcoin with a reddit post, either

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Stefan Prodan posted:

Honestly, trying to find evidence that we're still in the early part of the bubble is way more of a valid line of thought to me than arguing it isn't a bubble at all
What is probably acting as a giant parking brake on all this idiocy, other than the ramshackle bullshit underlying every single aspect of this dog and pony show, is the deep moral and cultural commitment to holding onto your butts.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

lmao

Spudalicious
Dec 24, 2003

I <3 Alton Brown.
I was in USD on my coinbase, hating life yesterday morning wondering why I had been so foolish as to sell at 985. I was watching GDAX and right before my very eyes a massive sell plowed the price down from 1100 to 985. It was like god or satan or someone told me directly "Spudalicious, this is your last loving chance to get on this train". So I bought back in and am now laughing my rear end off.

Praise be unto crypto gambling.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Holy lol make this image the thread title

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Sentient Data posted:

Holy lol make this image the thread title

Agreed. Kodak is a respected company with a very long history, and their involvement only legitimizes bitcoin even more. I would go so far as to say the synergy works for both sides - the power of the blockchain makes Kodak MORE valuable; and vice versa!

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
The most surprising part of this is finding out Kodak was still around. I thought they went under about 10 years ago.

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

Dadbod Apocalypse posted:

The most surprising part of this is finding out Kodak was still around. I thought they went under about 10 years ago.

pretty sure they survive on licensing digital photo tech/patents out and industrial printing and lithography, so not so broke they gotta stoop to this
but i guess they're being rewarded so get ready for the GE gas turbine powered oceangoing bitcoin farm

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Ham Sandwiches posted:

as proof of bitcoin being a scam ... yeah that sure is a real argument that was actually made where the opinion of dimon was submitted as proof. and then you disagreeing was used to determine that you have a god complex :allears:
no one has ever seen ham sandwiches win an argument and yet he has often described past scenarios like these that strangely no one remembers (as he described them) except him where he totally won the arguments

i like the part where sandwich shames prester jane for acknowledging her mental problems and seeking actual medical mental help. hammy would never do that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa7uLxu0XAc

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

this is dumber than kodak

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
pretty sure someone can whip up some tethernomics that will prove crypto is worth 10 trillion right now. and if not then they should just print 10 trillion in tether

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Wowsers look like it's falling through the floor. Stay safe coinhavers.

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

Every day I am making more money in this and every day I know that I am dumb as heck for doing it.

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"
Now down about $150b from the cap a few days ago. Bitcoin itself back down to ~$14,000 (and falling).

i.e. buy bUY BUY

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

This unironically

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Mackers posted:

This unironically

Best you sell your computer (and any other device you use for posting) and "invest" the money in Bitcoin

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
As much fun as that gif is to watch I wouldn't be surprised if this poo poo eventually rallied. The bitcoin market is so heavily manipulated and full of fraud at this point that truly significantly hurting the price would probably take a huge event, like Coinbase suddenly closing shop

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"
Yeah you probably don't have to print that much tether funny-money to turn the line up and convince everyone to start buying again.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Ripple sure fell from the hype train and got mangled under the wheels.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Nessus posted:

Wowsers look like it's falling through the floor. Stay safe coinhavers.

You mean there’s a “crypto sale” to take advantage of? :agesilaus:

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
I'm gonna play with eth. Should we make a new thread?

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

scott zoloft posted:

I'm gonna play with eth. Should we make a new thread?

The only thing that really worried me was the eth. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an Eth binge, and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Is Coinye still around?