Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i bought falcon and didnt even test out the skills cos i just dont care

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

I never play the night of reset because I sleep early but this means I already missed a full day of X-23 runs??

HORSESHIT

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Loten posted:

It's got to be a leveled up to rare AoA uniform

Yea I figured that out after posting. I completely missed the tiny little rare on the image.

Only the 4th event mission gives Waifurine bios?
Oh no? gently caress.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jan 10, 2018

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

thechalkoutline posted:

I never play the night of reset because I sleep early but this means I already missed a full day of X-23 runs??

HORSESHIT

You didn't miss much, the bios come from the first time clear reward, the rewards on subsequent runs are pretty garbage so not really worth running more than once.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Fried Sushi posted:

You didn't miss much, the bios come from the first time clear reward, the rewards on subsequent runs are pretty garbage so not really worth running more than once.

Oh phew, thanks!

Guess I'll just use my infinite supply of single tier rank-up tickets to 6* her, but it doesn't look like there's any hope I'll have enough to 20 her gear? What da deal

(Also it will take me just over a month to get enough crystals for Wizard Jesus with only daily sub, I wonder what kind of mats he takes from there on?)

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

thechalkoutline posted:

(Also it will take me just over a month to get enough crystals for Wizard Jesus with only daily sub, I wonder what kind of mats he takes from there on?)

He's a hungry hungry boy, just like his best pals Thanos, Odin and Wanda.

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
Any reviews on the new costumes yet?

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Carlos Satanas outfit is awesome. I T2ed her because of it, with a invincible obo she is just not dying at all lol. Just pump up her damage as much as you can.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Santana's always been a little under-rated imo. She's pretty good under AI control is the main thing -- since she has an on-attack invicibility proc if she doesn't get oneshot out of the gate she'll get ten full seconds to kill someone no matter what the AI decides to do. Maybe now she won't just be a leader for Jean?

I have the crystals for Adam but I'm kind of irked that he's such a bad deal compared to Magneto. Probably going to sit on my pile for black panther stuff.

Also mad that the last Laura stage wants the wovie costume -- I never bought it because I figure another costume for him is inevitable and that particular one is poop imo. You still get enough bios to 3* her then it's tickets from there so at least 6*ing her isn't too bad.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Word is Falcon is Vulture 2.0 with 3 iframe abilities to rotate through, and Punisher is disappointing for the cost.

edit: there are no bios in SL past 15 right? I'm up to SL21 so far and I need about 6500 more bios to max Jean and Thanos so I can start on Cable and Warlock. Whats in the Daredevil & Hand chests from 26 to 30?

bagrada fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jan 10, 2018

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

bagrada posted:

Word is Falcon is Vulture 2.0 with 3 iframe abilities to rotate through, and Punisher is disappointing for the cost.

edit: there are no bios in SL past 15 right? I'm up to SL21 so far and I need about 6500 more bios to max Jean and Thanos so I can start on Cable and Warlock. Whats in the Daredevil & Hand chests from 26 to 30?

There's definitely no bio selectors past level 15. I'm up to SL28 and the chests have ISOs, Obelisks, Urus, Cards, Gold, hidden tickets and uniform upgrade kits as possible rewards.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I got on last night and did the X23 chapters so I was able to just run chapter 4 a second time. It was mixed results. The positive is I got half a million in gold. The negative is I got 0 X23 bios. That sucks.

I used tickets to get her to 5/6 and worst case I can gear her up through the lab like the Ultimates. But I don't know if the Chapters are worth playing past the first clears. I'll probably do them today and tomorrow and see how it goes. Just less WBI for a few days.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

I got on last night and did the X23 chapters so I was able to just run chapter 4 a second time. It was mixed results. The positive is I got half a million in gold. The negative is I got 0 X23 bios. That sucks.

I used tickets to get her to 5/6 and worst case I can gear her up through the lab like the Ultimates. But I don't know if the Chapters are worth playing past the first clears. I'll probably do them today and tomorrow and see how it goes. Just less WBI for a few days.

Best reward I got from replaying Chapter 4 was a 3* obelisk

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

EDIT: Nm restart fixed it

thechalkoutline fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jan 10, 2018

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its a small thing but I really like the ability to refresh your Dimension Rifts since there was always a really unpredictable lag on when they'd appear on my screen in the past.

Fried Sushi posted:

Best reward I got from replaying Chapter 4 was a 3* obelisk

I got 400K gold from one of them. Its hit and miss but seems more miss than hit.

Like I said, right now my logic is that I'll play them out instead of doing WBI for a couple of days and see how it goes. If I find I'm really not getting anything from it then its not worth it, but if I get 1 or 2 good prizes out of every chapter I think I can live with that for a week to try and get the X23 bios.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Wait so you can get X23 bios from her event quest, its just RNG?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

twistedmentat posted:

Wait so you can get X23 bios from her event quest, its just RNG?

First clear rewards and after that it's pure rng baby

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think you can probably get X23 bios because I got some my first go through. But its all random and nothing guaranteed. X23 bios are in the mix of possible rewards but its a crapshoot.

I'm just going to veg out with something on TV and run through them and see what happens. Decide if I get enough to make worth doing again tomorrow.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

fart simpson posted:

First clear rewards and after that it's pure rng baby

Oh fun. At least at the end of the week I can up her to 6* so any I get through the event I can use to upgrade her to t2. I was annoyed at first that X-men used their own upgrade stuff, but at the glacial pace of releasing mutants it means its actually fairly easy to upgrade them. Hopefully I can get 150 to upgrade her to t2.

Man I wish I had known Punisher's outfit wasn't worth it before I bought it.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

I’ve received 6 x-23 bios from the rng over two days

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/951272537882849280

Apparently Not!Dazzler Luna Snow is coming tomorrow, hope you all saved some mega tickets.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

Never heard of any of these heroes. Is she cool? You mentioned Dazzler so I would guess not. :lol:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

From what I can gather no one knows who or what "Luna Snow" is.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

She's gonna be another ShaRog I think -- original for Future Fight. No one's ever heard of her. :shrug:

I forgot to finish the event quests yesterday. No uniform ticket for me. :sigh:

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

NmareBfly posted:

Dang how many days did you miss? You had a full day buffer of 50

EDIT: OH MY GOD I have to CLICK through all these X-23 missions?! Even with autoplay in level I still have to switch from my lead to Wolvie HNGGGHHHHHHH

thechalkoutline fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jan 11, 2018

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

NmareBfly posted:

She's gonna be another ShaRog I think -- original for Future Fight. No one's ever heard of her. :shrug:

can confirm, comic book co-worker has no idea who she is and said the same thing. Hope she's over powered as gently caress loike sharog.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

thechalkoutline posted:

oh nice I just can't do math, then.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

thechalkoutline posted:

EDIT: OH MY GOD I have to CLICK through all these X-23 missions?! Even with autoplay in level I still have to switch from my lead to Wolvie HNGGGHHHHHHH

Don't switch. Just throw your best gun in lead and let autoplay do the work. Its still tedious to go in and out of each one but there's no real need to actually play unless you don't have strong enough characters to solo Chapters 3 and 4.

I'm still on the fence as to whether they're worth doing past the first clears. I got another half million gold today but I've gotten a grand total of 4 X23 bios so far. Its real back and forth.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

I got ONE X-23 bio

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Yeah I'm not doing this event past the first clear. Makes me think something is busted with the drop rates. 1-3 bios for 72 energy is no bueno.

On the plus side I've been having good luck with the processor since there's only 5 possible outcomes. And it gives me something to do with those useless shards.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Tom Gorman posted:

Yeah I'm not doing this event past the first clear. Makes me think something is busted with the drop rates. 1-3 bios for 72 energy is no bueno.

On the plus side I've been having good luck with the processor since there's only 5 possible outcomes. And it gives me something to do with those useless shards.

Same. I emptied it all into processor and it’s doing very well for me.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

When is this Luna thing supposed to happen?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, the odds on the processor seem way better since its 1 out of 5 until they add more mutants. At this stage I'm not really doing the Chapters for the bios so much as I'm trying to figure out how frequent these 400+K gold rolls are. Because if i can get a couple of them a day it seems worth it.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

What's the deal with the world boss invasion coop? Beyond doing the mission when it's a daily, bare minimum is to do it once a week (per boss cycle) right? And I read that it's recommended to throw all spare energy into it for bios. Do you just keep running it to fill up your chest slots with boxes to open and hope you get bios from that? I do it maybe 5 times a week currently and get bios about once a month. Usually it's just random junk, even from the good chests.

That said maybe I'm missing something obvious. I didn't start getting the most out of the other coop mode until several months into playing the game when I set it to autorun rather than dealing with people leaving, not hitting ready, and picking the same char as you and refusing to change. Now I just set it on auto and come back to 2-4 million gold a bit later.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Think of it like this. 30 energy = 3 WBI boxes or 10 Story Missions. If you run 10 story missions what's the best you hope for? 10 bios and 10 stones? Maybe a little more, maybe a little less. You have good odds of beating that with 3 WBI boxes. It might not happen every time but if you play them enough it bears out. And of course you're hoping to roll the bigger boxes that spit out 70-160 bios or stones at one time. Story Missions can't compete with that and they come along frequently enough to make it a non contest.

My logic is that if I'm focused on a specific character or stone need I'll grind them in story missions, but if I'm more open and less focused on a short term goal I do WBI and just collect as much stuff as I can.

Although for me its just a matter of priorities for my energy use. I do all the daily stuff and special event stuff first, try and fill 3 Dimension Rifts after that, and then do WBI or Story Missions with my left over energy at the end of the day.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Holy crap the new Shadowlands rumble camera is TERRIBLE

Good golly it is BAD

is there any way to change this back?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

All my rumbles somehow migrate to the bottom right and end up completely under the buttons.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

What's great is I spent all my poo poo on womanverine who seems to suck and this snow lady is probably gonna be OP. :smith:

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

navyjack posted:

When is this Luna thing supposed to happen?

EDIT: I misread, we just get more info tomorrow, so I guess you can find out then

bagrada posted:

What's the deal with the world boss invasion coop?

In the metagame sense, WBI gives the most bio per energy spent. This is important for all the native T2's that eat bios.

That being said, most people can spend most of their energy simming x-men for bio food, which is only slightly worse but takes 1/100th the time

thechalkoutline fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jan 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

im freaking the heck out posted:

What's great is I spent all my poo poo on womanverine who seems to suck and this snow lady is probably gonna be OP. :smith:

Right there with you. I knew I should have waited a day. My original plan was Mantis who would have been a better idea than both I bet. Thankfully I'll still get Mantis there with the 6* ticket from this event.

thechalkoutline posted:

In the metagame sense, WBI gives the most bio per energy spent. This is important for all the native T2's that eat bios.

That being said, most people can spend most of their energy simming x-men for bio food, which is only slightly worse but takes 1/100th the time

Thanks to you and STAC for the info, I'll give it a try for a while, maybe in place of the x-men. I've had really bad luck with WBI chest bios, I think they've all been sub 10 outside of a 40 Hela I got once. I usually get basic chests even when doing 95% of the damage.