Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

hagie posted:

I got Xon #3 today so that is nice.

Is Pirate Jake more like Locke + Gil Finder?

Yes, he only affects Normal drops (T1/2 crysts, not T3/4). And just like Locke/Pod, his buff doesn't do anything for T1/2 drops from Story Events, instead it affects T1/2 drops in the Chamber of Gems... where multiple Normal/Rare drop buffs don't stack, apparently.

This game's loot "system" basically proves that they put in a very concerted and special amount of effort into making this game's mechanics as obtuse, contradictory, and down-right confusing as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Gumi is taking suggestions on social media for the next couple of days, now is the time to tell them you want the Fountain Of Lapis to be a permanent thing or individual team loadouts or whatever.

Tell them to stop making the [Extra] stages in Alchemists Code in to such grindy bullshit.

PDQ Law posted:

Meta-changing units released:
Ayaka is here, and will be a top healer for some time.

Mystea (JP Mistair) is here, bringing the AOE magic cover tank meta.

Cloud is here, ushering in the era of True Doublehand (TDH, also shin-doublehand) Fixed Dice (FD) builds for whales.

Roy is here and Ramza enhancements are supposed to be next, meaning the bard meta is starting.

Other unit things to note:
Noctis and his TMR were un-nerfed.
Notable limited release units you won't get were Halloween's Illusionist Nichol, who can turn any other unit into an AOE physical cover tank, and Christmas's Christine, who among other unique things can perfect chain with enhanced T.Terra.

Ayaka will be a top tier healer until mid 2019, possibly longer, due to her 7* and she'll be sufficient for content until 2020 unless the power creep accelerates exponentially.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Oh hi there CG Lasswell.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Frost Flame Laswell was such a better name.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Frosted Flames Trashwell

Another banner to not roll in unless you want CG Lass 7* in a year

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jan 10, 2018

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

That Hide-granting accessory from the Story Event is the thing I'm most excited about right now. It will allow for some pretty stupid shenanigans.

Case and point, Olive could use it to remove herself for 3 turns. Why? Because in 3 turns, Mortar Beacon activates and nukes the enemy party for 5x damage. This costs zero MP so you don't need an MP battery or anything. I'll try using this approach for farming this upcoming story event's 90 NRG P G T S route (I hope the boss isn't resistant to lightning).

I'll bring Olive with the accessory, everything else BiS (buster form, marshall, DH, apron, prishe hat, the works) + 2 Xons with Coral Swords/Pods/DW + 1 Xon with Deprotect + 1 Xon with Imperil. For regular encounters Olive will just Hide and the Xons will use Lay Low (1-turn hide), repeat until Mortar hits. I'll do the same for mini-bosses and bosses to get a good initial hit in for free, but if they're still alive then I'll cast Deprotect/Imperil, then chain Pods and cap with Olive's True Shot or LB.

There's probably better setups for this, like actually gearing Xons to not be terrible pieces of poo poo, but gently caress that noise! But if it turns out to work so well that Mortar Beacon kills everything including the boss by itself then I'll just get a macro and hit Repeat to farm the event.

Office Thug fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jan 10, 2018

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Wow look at that banner bloat!

Glad I have decided to start hoarding tickets and lapis for no specific reason.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Ugh, can we keep the King's Knight banner on half pull instead Gumi? :negative:

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Office Thug posted:

I did a math thing and crunched numbers for how bad farming ~11 x T4 power crysts will be via either the Chamber of Gems or the next best T4/NRG Story Event route. Here's what I got in case anyone's interested.

Here are the specific color T4 per NRG ratios for using # Xons + Raven Cape (Cape = 2 Xons, everyone should get it asap). I'm using the previous story event "Fate of the Dragoon" as reference: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/7hr0s4/se6_fate_of_the_dragoon_loot/

The 90 NRG route ~ Best spot if you cn handle it with enough Xons
5 Xons + Cape --> one T4 every 344 NRG
4 Xons + Cape --> one T4 every 346 NRG
3 Xons + Cape --> one T4 every 396 NRG
2 Xons + Cape --> one T4 every 692 NRG

* Those jumps are because the base chance of the primary T4 drop is 25% (there is a secondary drop too but it's basically "gently caress you" odds of rolling). With 4 Xons and a cape, you can get that primary T4 drop to 100% and after that having more Xons is basically pointless since they only boost the secondary T4 drop chance. But, if you have less than that, the loss is pretty dramatic, as seen, due to how significant a base 25% chance of drop is when it comes to buffs.

The 75 NRG Route
5 Xons + Cape --> one T4 every 417 NRG
4 Xons + Cape --> one T4 every 469 NRG
3 Xons + Cape --> one T4 every 536 NRG

The 85 NRG route has the exact same T4 drop chance as the 75 NRG route, so it's just plain worse.

For reference, here's what you get from the Chamber of Gems according to this very thorough community survey which is probably accurate in every way: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yY0DuB0PrUUe6q0uNxZwE1MluM9jx4waJlvtavR-Vzk/edit#gid=2110432825

Xon/Cape + Locke/Pod -> one T4 every 563 NRG

So, if you can farm the next Story Event 90 NRG route with at least 3 Xons + two murder units, definitely go for it. If you have a really good murder unit, shoot for 4 Xons. Get the loving Cape also, that's literally worth 2 Xons and none of this really works out that well without the cape.

Edit: Oh, and take all of this with a grain of salt. The drop mechanics in this weird obtuse game are far from understood and not everything works the same way ~ locke/pod don't work at all for T1-2 crysts in Story Events, but do in the Chamber, but multiple Lockes/Pods don't stack and neither do multiple Xons/Capes in the Chamber. This is still basically voodoo poo poo right now.

This is a great post, thanks.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

Scrublord Prime posted:

Ugh, can we keep the King's Knight banner on half pull instead Gumi? :negative:

Why would we want this

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Frosted Flames Trashwell

Double 5* banner - it’s lovely even for that. They are doing Global buffs for him, so I’ll reserve judgment until we see what those are but he’d have to be amazing to make it worth pulling on this lovely banner.

McSpankWich posted:

Why would we want this

The new banner is somehow worse

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I think CG lasswell looks cool! I want to get him

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Frosted Flames Trashwell

I would like one day to see a development that made you happy, man. Just a little one, that you could savor for a day or so.

Office Thug posted:

I did a math thing and crunched numbers for how bad farming ~11 x T4 power crysts will be via either the Chamber of Gems or the next best T4/NRG Story Event route. Here's what I got in case anyone's interested.

Here are the specific color T4 per NRG ratios for using # Xons + Raven Cape (Cape = 2 Xons, everyone should get it asap). I'm using the previous story event "Fate of the Dragoon" as reference: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/7hr0s4/se6_fate_of_the_dragoon_loot/

The 90 NRG route ~ Best spot if you cn handle it with enough Xons
5 Xons + Cape --> one T4 every 344 NRG
4 Xons + Cape --> one T4 every 346 NRG
3 Xons + Cape --> one T4 every 396 NRG
2 Xons + Cape --> one T4 every 692 NRG

* Those jumps are because the base chance of the primary T4 drop is 25% (there is a secondary drop too but it's basically "gently caress you" odds of rolling). With 4 Xons and a cape, you can get that primary T4 drop to 100% and after that having more Xons is basically pointless since they only boost the secondary T4 drop chance. But, if you have less than that, the loss is pretty dramatic, as seen, due to how significant a base 25% chance of drop is when it comes to buffs.

The 75 NRG Route
5 Xons + Cape --> one T4 every 417 NRG
4 Xons + Cape --> one T4 every 469 NRG
3 Xons + Cape --> one T4 every 536 NRG

The 85 NRG route has the exact same T4 drop chance as the 75 NRG route, so it's just plain worse.

For reference, here's what you get from the Chamber of Gems according to this very thorough community survey which is probably accurate in every way: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yY0DuB0PrUUe6q0uNxZwE1MluM9jx4waJlvtavR-Vzk/edit#gid=2110432825

Xon/Cape + Locke/Pod -> one T4 every 563 NRG

So, if you can farm the next Story Event 90 NRG route with at least 3 Xons + two murder units, definitely go for it. If you have a really good murder unit, shoot for 4 Xons. Get the loving Cape also, that's literally worth 2 Xons and none of this really works out that well without the cape.

Edit: Oh, and take all of this with a grain of salt. The drop mechanics in this weird obtuse game are far from understood and not everything works the same way ~ locke/pod don't work at all for T1-2 crysts in Story Events, but do in the Chamber, but multiple Lockes/Pods don't stack and neither do multiple Xons/Capes in the Chamber. This is still basically voodoo poo poo right now.

Good stuff, thank you! My current roadblocks are alcrysts abd heavicrysts, though.

This new banner has LadyFohlen and LadyIlias, neat!

I drew a Lasswell! ...In King's Knight. Was hoping for a Lid (who is a monk in that game) but he's still a pretty powerful character there. I got to Tolfidan in the pretty easy collaboration story mode, and he creamed my team... King's Knight is a Bullet Hell RPG and I could only survive a couple of direct hits with my team of 4* characters I haven't been able to promote (Awaken) yet. (I know how to, it requires grinding the daily elemental dungeon for drops that correspond to the character's innate element that I'm trying to promote.) The premium currency is handed out freely enough so that I've been able to get 2 10+1 character pulls, a 10+1 weapon pull, and complete the Lid/Lasswell step-up banner they have going on now with my in-game rewards so far.

Meanwhile, the FFBE TMR Factory chugs away...

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I'm warning people not to roll on poo poo banners which I think is pretty good advice.

I'm ok with the game, I'm not actually that bitter about it. Remember, I'm the one that was actually defending 7* and calling you all idiots for over reacting and surprise surprise, I was right.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
How long does it usually take for FB to unlock your account or respond at all after you upload a picture?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I'm warning people not to roll on poo poo banners which I think is pretty good advice.

I'm ok with the game, I'm not actually that bitter about it. Remember, I'm the one that was actually defending 7* and calling you all idiots for over reacting and surprise surprise, I was right.

Fair.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I'm still sticking with 7* Global is going to be a clusterfuck.

Also this banner is hot garbage. Not even any TMRs worth chasing on the 3* or 4* units.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
We've been in a bit of downward spiral since Christmas, but FF9 and 10 are soon and should legitimately have some ok things worth pulling (and actual fan favorite characters).

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

HGH posted:

We've been in a bit of downward spiral since Christmas, but FF9 and 10 are soon and should legitimately have some ok things worth pulling (and actual fan favorite characters).

I want Beatrix but since I don't have Aileen there would be no chaining partner for her and she still wouldn't be as good as enhanced Orlandeau...but she's my 2nd favorite FF character after Cyan so I'll still roll for her I guess; Eiko isn't a terrible consolation prize.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

HGH posted:

But if the main character and everyone else we have from FF IX are garbage, what are the odds the remaining characters will be any good? It's like FF VI excluding Trance Terra

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

HGH posted:

I still need to budget how many tickets I'm throwing at Yuna and how many I realistically want to be saving for CG Fina.

CG Fina's easily the better healer, but Yuna is Yuna and I will collect all FFX units.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Cao Ni Ma posted:

It’s still lovely. Also over reacting got stmrs brought down to only needing 4 copies, so

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

PaybackJack posted:

I'm still sticking with 7* Global is going to be a clusterfuck.

Also this banner is hot garbage. Not even any TMRs worth chasing on the 3* or 4* units.

I really dont think that 7* will be a cluster gently caress do to the fact that we are actually ahead of the curve when it comes to certain things like 5* tickets. It all depends if gumi goes full retard by not offering any more tickets or guaranteed pulls or greatly accelerates the release of 7* for no loving reason.

And yeah the banner is absolute trash. KQ was bad, but you could argue about free TMRs because of the raid going on and at least kaliva's and basura's being ok. Nothing in this coming banner is good.

Ugato posted:

It’s still lovely. Also over reacting got stmrs brought down to only needing 4 copies, so

It really, really isn't unless you feel that you HAVE TO HAVE AN ENTIRE PARTY OF 7*s OR ELSE MY TRASH SELF WONT CLEAR ANY CONTENT.

7*s are easily a net plus. They closed the gap of worthwhile characters, introduced some cool mechanics, aren't at all difficult to get if you've been playing for a while. And STMRs ended up being pretty big farts and not the apocalyptic money grab people were expecting. There is absolutely no rush to get any of them, being mostly bigger stat sticks.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jan 11, 2018

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

if we dont get step up banners but we do get split 5* banners 7* is gonna be a nightmare still even with us getting uhhhh two 5* tickets

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

2 months into 7*s in japan you could argue that only one of the trials needed a 7* and it could be your friend unit. 3 months into 7* was the actual first encounter that needed 7* dps but your support, tank and healer could be 6*. By then japan had like 3 UoC tickets and a guaranteed specific 5* pull.

We have to rely on the "Gumi are a bunch of fuckers that will absolutely run us to the ground with 7* because of GREED" argument when in all reality we are actually better off than JP was in this point in time on the schedule.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
7* is never coming to global. They'll so something entirely different.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Gumi will have 7*s be exclusive units that only the top players from a raid will receive

just adapt this to FFBE

e-Actually went in to read some of the changes planned for the next JP update with the units and enhancements and man, I didn't believe Duke could get even more gently caress DRAGONS that he was already. A phys counter anti dragon imperil.

Also Reagan is a loving idiot passing on Sakura's sister.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jan 11, 2018

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
That was supposed to be read right to left right?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

yes

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Hot drat, finally managed to use all my stamina, raid balls, and arena orbs before maintenanc. havent done that in a few months.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i managed to finally grind out 100 arena matches in a week, i dont see how people do this regularly

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.

rabidsquid posted:

i managed to finally grind out 100 arena matches in a week, i dont see how people do this regularly

Put together a good AoE team that hits multiple times, queue up skills, hit repeat until orbs are all spent, check back every four hours or so and do the same, basically.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

my arena team is 3xAshe/WKN/Ayaka, i win every arena fight in either the first round or the second round. i mean how anyone checks the game frequently enough to be doing 100 arena fights per week.

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)
Five during the morning commute, three-four during lunch, four-five during evening commute. Maybe a few more before bed if I feel like it.

Games like this work very well when you take public transportation to/from work.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

rabidsquid posted:

my arena team is 3xAshe/WKN/Ayaka, i win every arena fight in either the first round or the second round. i mean how anyone checks the game frequently enough to be doing 100 arena fights per week.

Well you can't really TMR farm and do it at the same time, that's for sure.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
I'm lucky if I do more than 5 a day for the daily rewards.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

And the servers are dying again. :negative:

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
The Facebook account associated with my rank 100 FFBE account has been disabled :v:

Time to fight Gumi with transferring it to another FB account, or something. There goes 9 months of TMs and poo poo.

Maybe I'll just quit.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Welp. There's nothing good on this banner, just don't bother with it.

PG Lasswell's buffs are out and the wiki has them updated already: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/7po99c/gl_maintenance_info_servers_up/

The gist of it is that PG Lasswellworm is a "self-sufficient" Finisher unit, providing his own ATK buff, DEF break, and Imperil naturally in his damage rotation. He needs DH+TDH gear to really shine, and might be technically better than SOME units if he's literally in an empty party, but as soon as you add supporting units (as you should for any Finisher unit) then he just doesn't really compare anymore.

The single biggest problem he has, as a Finisher unit, is that he lacks the ability to imbue himself with elemental damage. So he can't use his best rotation without an elemental 1-hander and his LB will just be lovely without that as well. Also, he can't use Fixed Dice at all even if he did have a way to imbue himself, and it's this combination of FD and self-Imbue that makes guys like Nyx and Tidus (especially his future enhanced version) really shine as TDH units.

Don't get me wrong, he's still an ok unit and if you pull him as a new guy you will get a lot of mileage out of him since he's just a complete package of everything you need in a single damage-dealer unit. But as part of an established team of units where he needs to compete with less "jack-of-all-trades" and more "specialized" units for a spot, he will most likely just get benched.

For the other units, from bottom to top, we have 3* Miyuki who everyone already has and is now a very mediocre hybrid/physical 6* chainer rather than complete garbage, 3* Otogiri who is a worse version of Ilias in every possible way, 4* Kaede who is another mediocre chainer with built-in mediocre buffs/breaks, 4* Ohga who's basically another failed attempt at a unit to surpass Demon Rain for x/y/z reasons, and finally Jiraiya who's basically the 5* base version of Miyuki (still just another garbage hybrid).

And none of them, whatsoever, have TMRs you'd really want. Jiraiyas would be better than Prishe' Hat in some limited cases for ATK, and I guess could lead to better gimmick 100% evade units, but that's loving it EDIT: It's a loving accessory, so depending on what you need it's either a shittier version of Noctis' ring or Genji Glove. PG Lassworm's TMR is maybe ok too since it's 30% general ATK with 30% HP and a tiny morsel of LB gauge boost attached. Everything else is complete garbage,

Office Thug fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jan 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Wish I hadn't been slacking on the raid, pulled Ray Jack on my half pull and Barusa on a 4* ticket. Oh well, neither really have critical TMRs.

• Locked thread