Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
oh my god please let the X original run on od

we've already had orgone why not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Blockhouse posted:

oh my god please let the X original run on od

we've already had orgone why not

In 15 years, we'll have a robot that runs on pictures of fairies and videos of Bigfoot. Halfway through the game, the pilot convinces himself it's been upgraded and it starts flying somehow.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Alpha 2 stream going live shortly. Probably more Ibis.

Edit: Stream over, curse Zabine's sudden yet inevitable betrayal

Hokuto fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jan 6, 2018

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
TacP is good cos it lets you upgrade a guy you haven't used. I like it a lot!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Now that Megaman is in X-Omega, it would be nice to see it in a real game (like SRW Y or something). What series would go well with it? Obviously, Astro Boy but that's pretty much impossible. Mightgaine would fit, as well as other Brave series. Gundam Wing, if only to see the mad scientists interact with Dr Wily and Dr Light. Big O would work well too.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008
I wish I took down notes on this particular topic, but in short - the two angles I would try to push for crossover synergy is probably MM8's Evil Energy and MMV's Stardroids with the themes of energy sources and alien invasion - so actually the current events choices of Machine Robo and GGG kinda works if they weren't just being really basic about writing the event.

Other than that - Tekkaman Blade, Heroman, SD Gundams?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Orgun?

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Iczer, Cutey Honey, Guyver, Linebarrel, Diebuster. I want to say Zoids for some reason?

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

Davzz posted:

I wish I took down notes on this particular topic, but in short - the two angles I would try to push for crossover synergy is probably MM8's Evil Energy and MMV's Stardroids with the themes of energy sources and alien invasion

So, trivia time. In the Archie Comics, they tied ShadowMan from 3 to the Stardroids from V AND Duo and his enemy in 8. We get a flashback from ShadowMan showing he was actually a grunt robot assigned to protect what would become Ra Moon. When the space police, Duo, Trio and Quartet, go to stop them, Trio turns on Duo and Quartet and helps the Stardroid grunts get away. However, all but one died, with that one landing on Earth with Ra Moon and eventually being found by Dr Wily and becoming ShadowMan.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Speaking of Megaman and weird characters getting back into SRW, I forgot to mention that Miku now has a legitimate claim to get back into SRW.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...

Policenaut posted:

Speaking of Megaman and weird characters getting back into SRW, I forgot to mention that Miku now has a legitimate claim to get back into SRW.

Pairs well with Might Gaine.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

MonsieurChoc posted:

Now that Megaman is in X-Omega, it would be nice to see it in a real game (like SRW Y or something). What series would go well with it? Obviously, Astro Boy but that's pretty much impossible. Mightgaine would fit, as well as other Brave series. Gundam Wing, if only to see the mad scientists interact with Dr Wily and Dr Light. Big O would work well too.

I can't help but want to throw Xenosaga into this mix if only for the fact that it is already technically cannon.

edit: just realized that xenosaga has been in crossovers with other megaman series but not OG megaman.

Ryoga fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jan 6, 2018

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Policenaut posted:

At least this one's a legit Miku-piloted robot and not a fan design for a contest like Fei Yen Miku was, IIRC.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I'm bored, so I'm going to be trying trying some casual streaming of

Edit: And of course I get an emergency popping up. Never mind.

Dr Pepper fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jan 10, 2018

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

BORDER BREAK IS GETTING A F2P PS4 RELEASE AFTER 9 YEARS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2WXyaN1yXA

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

whoop's
https://twitter.com/sasuraiger/status/951339291740958720

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
I wonder if they were planning on getting on the loot crate thing before EA prepared to doom us all forever.

Simon The Digger
Dec 23, 2010

Some Kind of Magical Idiot

I don't know what that dude's talking about. I play PSO2 on my PC - I have 50 slots of inventory space per character, plus a 300-slot storage unit for each character, and an account-wide 200-slot storage unit. As long as you don't hoard poo poo you're never going to use, you'll be fine.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Posting this link here for those who might be interested, Mazinger Z: Infinity is getting a one-time screening in US theaters.

https://www.fathomevents.com/events/mazinger-z-infinity

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Simon The Digger posted:

I don't know what that dude's talking about. I play PSO2 on my PC - I have 50 slots of inventory space per character, plus a 300-slot storage unit for each character, and an account-wide 200-slot storage unit. As long as you don't hoard poo poo you're never going to use, you'll be fine.

ep4-5 have been creepin it in pretty hard but i'm not gonna judge border break just yet, especially if piss crew isn't working on it

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Hello, let's all celebrate the return of Cybuster with the storied legacy of Cybuster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5MFaZy1grk

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Caphi posted:

Hello, let's all celebrate the return of Cybuster with the storied legacy of Cybuster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5MFaZy1grk

what the gently caress

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Cybuster was always kind of dumb.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
they shouldve gone for it and put anime cybuster in x

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Why is the real one named Cybaster but the knockoff gets to be Cybuster?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

HitTheTargets posted:

I think it's some weird Japanese phonetics thing that upper management still clings onto in spite of everything (see: "Hagwane" being used as the spelling when literally everything from Japanese text characters to in-game pronunciation has the name of the ship be "Hagane").

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

HitTheTargets posted:

Actually....

This is the most recent Discotek release. :psyduck:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

AradoBalanga posted:

I think it's some weird Japanese phonetics thing that upper management still clings onto in spite of everything (see: "Hagwane" being used as the spelling when literally everything from Japanese text characters to in-game pronunciation has the name of the ship be "Hagane").
The SRW method of romanizing names is nothing like any of the five or six methods I'm familiar with. They're just doing it to be weird.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Samurai Sanders posted:

The SRW method of romanizing names is nothing like any of the five or six methods I'm familiar with. They're just doing it to be weird.
It's not helped by more and more Western fans of the franchise becoming familiar with the pronunciations from the voice actors (or grown used to them over time), so when something like Hagwane comes flying into their faces, it results in a very loud "Wait, what?" from the fans.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
Cybuster Cybaster PsyBuster has a really good opening theme.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

AradoBalanga posted:

It's not helped by more and more Western fans of the franchise becoming familiar with the pronunciations from the voice actors (or grown used to them over time), so when something like Hagwane comes flying into their faces, it results in a very loud "Wait, what?" from the fans.

Or the fact that it was already localized in the Atlus version as Hagane.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
Atlus did a lot to standardize romanizations among the Western fans, really. Spirits too.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

MarsDragon posted:

Atlus did a lot to standardize romanizations among the Western fans, really. Spirits too.

And that's why "Sanger" is universally accepted.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Well, that and no one wants to bother with the extra step of throwing the umlaut in there.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
In katakana its written サイバスター which is romanized as saibastaa, pronounced and written as we all know is true and right as Cybuster. Because the バ character is the "ba" phoneme, (as in bar) and for Japanese pronunciation of English loan words the "bu" in bust. Gunbuster is written the same. Basically someone's hosed it up somewhere.

The Hagwane thing, I've been told, is because someone at some point used an archaic character that was phased out and used for some WW2 battleships, to evoke that sort of feeling of a long storied history of big rad boats.

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
I can't wait to use my favorite robot, the Cyber Star.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Nephrite posted:

I can't wait to use my favorite robot, the Cyber Star.

Cyb Aster

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...
Sy Vasta.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Caphi posted:

And that's why "Sanger" is universally accepted.

I legit remember the nerdrage when that happened

morons still call him Zengar (like the ghost pokemon) to this day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Race Realists posted:

I legit remember the nerdrage when that happened

morons still call him Zengar (like the ghost pokemon) to this day

It is kind of a shame that it kills the pun, but there's no elegant way to bring that across regardless.

• Locked thread