Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Imagine if you use One piece's system of clearing out a zone to capture it

then make that your entire mission structure

no wait, clearing the zone only makes it so the boss of the zone shows up

wait no, you can't even make a map clear easy because of some per-map level system that's the equivalent of Witcher 3 level 4 going against a level 20 death monster. Every. single. mission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Is the Season Pass for Fire Emblem Warriors shaking out to be worth it so far? I got a gift card from a relative for Christmas and was thinking of getting the game/season pass bundle.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Unlucky7 posted:

Is the Season Pass for Fire Emblem Warriors shaking out to be worth it so far? I got a gift card from a relative for Christmas and was thinking of getting the game/season pass bundle.

Only the first dlc has released so far, but I've been pretty pleased. Three new history maps, three new characters (Niles is a clone of takumi and Sakura, but both azura and oboro use new movesets with the added advantage of being non-flying spear users), new costumes for takumi, Camilla, and corrin, plus the fates characters all got another upgrade to further strengthen their unique weapons. Though it still kind of feels bad that oboro and Niles were already in the game but are only playable with the dlc.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Though it still kind of feels bad that oboro and Niles were already in the game but are only playable with the dlc.

*glances over at Samurai Warriors 2*

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Really? You can't even give her of all people a crossbow??

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

I'm just glad Lu Su got to keep his rake, I don't think I could have taken losing that and Chen Gong's scroll...

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Tae posted:

Really? You can't even give her of all people a crossbow??

Ok, but what is she getting?

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

...those are the Star Trek Klingon weapons?!?

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

I think they call them "duck hooks".

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006
Blue sparks and big fucking shells.

:dukedog:
Yeah, deer horn knives / duck blades.

Good to see we're still on the trend of arbitrarily keeping good decisions (seems mostly related to people's waifus?) for some characters while making GBS threads on others.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

then why did they take away lu linqqi's weapon!!!!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Chachi posted:

Yeah, deer horn knives / duck blades.

Good to see we're still on the trend of arbitrarily keeping good decisions (seems mostly related to people's waifus?) for some characters while making GBS threads on others.

No, they took away dual tonfa swords, the harp, the cross-blade transformer, the flute, and the double sided weight thing that Yingping uses.

The only unique weapon that anyone kept is Wang Yuanji.

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006

Tae posted:

No, they took away dual tonfa swords, the harp, the cross-blade transformer, the flute, and the double sided weight thing that Yingping uses.

The only unique weapon that anyone kept is Wang Yuanji.

Had a memory lapse there, let me amend that to "someone's waifu" singular.

Wake me up when DW10 rolls around.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
My girlfriend and I are trying to complete every objective in Samurai Warriors 4 on my PS4 and one is loving killing us in Legend of Kanto.

In Defense of Totomi we can't figure out how to get "Challenging Tadakatsu" to trigger. None of the videos we've watched have cleared up why this won't trigger. Is it possible that because we're playing it co-op that it's loving up?

Can someone who's gotten this objective give me an idea of what to do to trigger it?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

theres a few objectives that are hell to trigger. that is one of them, i think it took me a dozen tries. iirc when i finally triggered i used one of the story characters, killed every officer except him, made sure not to approach the boss, did all earlier objectives and waited for all the messages to disappear before getting him to 50%. thats when it triggered after a few tries.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
The guide I used when I 100%ed the game on PS3 says this:

Do not engage Tadakatsu at all. After completing Outwit Ieyasu have your partner wait by Tadakatsu while your main kills every officer on the map, when Ujiyasu suggests to go through the North this should trigger, though wait for the Green ! by your partners icon

Only linked it in case this wasn't the only thing you had left. I don't actually remember this one, but there's definitely some tedious ones out there so this could have been among them. Definitely have reports that it fired with two CAWs in free mode though, so don't worry too much about who you pick.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I don't know why, but I suddenly got really hyped for DW9 over the past few days. I even put a countdown widget on my desktop, which I haven't done for a game since Skyrim.

Watched a video that showed all of the updated character designs and Zhurong is looking very nice in this outing.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

PureRok posted:

I don't know why, but I suddenly got really hyped for DW9 over the past few days. I even put a countdown widget on my desktop, which I haven't done for a game since Skyrim.

Watched a video that showed all of the updated character designs and Zhurong is looking very nice in this outing.

I think it's just because there hasn't been a "traditional" warriors game for about three years, and people are getting jittery.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

https://youtu.be/NBMYRyYJKr4

:black101::black101::black101::black101::black101::black101:

Total War is doing a three kingdoms game. For those who don’t know about their recent titles, Rome 2 was awful, but Shogun 2 and Warhammer were both really good. I’m very optimistic.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Whoa holy poo poo actual competition to ROTK good stuff!

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

They pursued Lu Bu! Shameful display!

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Awesome.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I don't think I can contain myself. I need to shout out to the heavens!

Edit: CA did a good job with the character designs in this trailer, considering I knew who each character was instantly.

PureRok fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jan 10, 2018

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006

I've never played a TW game in my life, but that trailer has got me very interested. Better start saving pennies!

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Hopefully in the future there is a musou game for every media franchise ever and KoeiTecmo have taken over the world.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

PureRok posted:

I don't think I can contain myself. I need to shout out to the heavens!

Edit: CA did a good job with the character designs in this trailer, considering I knew who each character was instantly.

I like how Dong Zhuo looks so much like his DW counterpart

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
No actiony dynasty warriors, I'm sure. But I'm sure as gently caress down for a decent total war game with three kingdoms.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Billzasilver posted:

Total War is doing a three kingdoms game. For those who don’t know about their recent titles, Rome 2 was awful, but Shogun 2 and Warhammer were both really good. I’m very optimistic.

:eyepop: Whoa, that looks cool.

Now if only I was any good at Total War games. :sigh:

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
What makes you struggle? The battle map, or the strategy map?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Billzasilver posted:

You know someone is going to mod in all of the joke costumes from DW.

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Proposal: Form a friendly relationship immediately.

"You have GOT to be kidding me"

I won't lie, if I could find a mod for Shogun 2 that would JUST let me run the strategy maps without the chance of hitting the battle map entirely, I'd be playing that like crazy.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Magil of Shadow posted:

I won't lie, if I could find a mod for Shogun 2 that would JUST let me run the strategy maps without the chance of hitting the battle map entirely, I'd be playing that like crazy.

Autoresolve?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

SirPhoebos posted:

You know someone is going to mod in all of the joke costumes from DW.

Joke costumes, nothing. Some of the more fancy generic designs from the earlier DWs would be real nice. Think of the DW3 or 4 Elite Guards. And hell, DW4 Hyper exists, so there's even models. |There's also a PC port of DW5 out there that never came out of Japan, so that's doable too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v3aE4Wvuvg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwSivEHMyN4

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

For those that want to learn more about Total War, I recommend staying off the official forums. It's full of unpleasable grogs that make the Paradox forums look open minded. Just reading a few of the reactions to TW: Three Kingdoms had me thinking "I want CA to make a Xiao Sisters dlc simply to spite you fuckheads"

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsmJ5CmbxBw

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
The map and roaming soldiers are really reminiscent of Bladestorm.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I really like how that plays, at least in theory.
I hope it actually works well in practice in DW9.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

https://twitter.com/KoeiTecmoUS/status/950878393142136832

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Those aren't even great swimsuits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

PureRok posted:

The map and roaming soldiers are really reminiscent of Bladestorm.

I wonder how easy or hard it'll be to clean-sweep a map. And then there's the thought of time limits to do what needs doing. Can you clean-sweep when you've got...say a week to finish the main objective?

Comedy thought; tie in with Orochi, and have China invaded by monsters in a special mode ala Bladestorm Nightmare.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jan 11, 2018