Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

TV Burp was a good show, and I'll fight anyone who disagrees:

https://twitter.com/alicevjones/status/949224418701664256

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Man who knew Jamie Oliver was that thin skinned? that video apology sounds ace.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
Jamie Oliver is a knob. I liked the TV Wipe segment on him where they pointed out he was OK shilling unhealthy foods via Sainsbury’s, as long as they were ‘posh’.

I think he killed the turkey twizzler industry. You just don’t hear about them anymore.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Yeah I haven't seen one of them in over a decade. Every time it is brought up I want to eat one. That sauce man, cheap yeah but it worked well.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Release the tape Mister Harry!

BizarroAzrael fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jan 5, 2018

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
My abiding memory of the Jamie Oliver Era is parents who objected to "healthy" school canteen menus delivering food from the local chippy at and passing them through the playground fence, with all these kids stretching their hands out between the railings like they're in a prisoner of war camp.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
Sara Pascoe is one of those people that’s all about feelings and “open your mind” and as a result says a lot of stupid, airy-fairy poo poo.

Edit: woops, things moved on since I opened this tab.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

I don't like Jamie Oliver because he looks like he'd shed in the food.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Every man should have a shed, but they should have it in the garden, not in a school cafeteria.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I don't like Jamie Oliver because he drowns everything in oil and never washes his hands

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

Didn't he once try to show that poor people have only themselves to blame because they could save hundreds of pounds by cooking sixty pizzas, storing them in a gigantic loving freezer everyone presumably has, and then eating them for dinner every night for two months instead of buying something nice.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
also his speech impediment is disgusting, and his restaurants are bad.

Maelstache
Feb 25, 2013

gOTTA gO fAST
Still, you can't argue with his rapping skills. Just listen to the sick rhymes he's spitting here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpqM0WPjgt4

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Mr. Squishy posted:

Just imagine all the spit that goes into his food.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Wheat Loaf posted:

My abiding memory of the Jamie Oliver Era is parents who objected to "healthy" school canteen menus delivering food from the local chippy at and passing them through the playground fence, with all these kids stretching their hands out between the railings like they're in a prisoner of war camp.
I used to think that these parents were so under the sway of the appetites of their own children that they felt some how compelled to just keep feeding them that poo poo. Then I realised that theres a good chance they were doing it just to gently caress off the patronising TV chef who has turned up to tell them that they're all a bunch of idiots.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Gorn Myson posted:

I used to think that these parents were so under the sway of the appetites of their own children that they felt some how compelled to just keep feeding them that poo poo. Then I realised that theres a good chance they were doing it just to gently caress off the patronising TV chef who has turned up to tell them that they're all a bunch of idiots.

I hope at least one of them was only doing it to spite a condescending middle class prick of a chef who assumes people eat unhealthy food because they just don't know any better.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I hope at least one of them was only doing it to spite a condescending middle class prick of a chef who assumes people eat unhealthy food because they just don't know any better.

Hope all you like but they were just pig thick and lazy

Anime_Ladies.html
Dec 13, 2017

by SA Support Robot

Paperhouse posted:

I have been thinking this for years. Years! Just think of the kind of robots some nerds could make now, in 2018.

Exactly!

make it no remote control allowed, and DO IT

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Mr. Squishy posted:

His restaurants are so bad. Pizza Express does better pasta than Jamie’s Italian. Fifteen was overpriced and bland. Glad I wasn’t paying for that one.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Derry Girls any good?

I'm avoiding channel 4's player at most costs but it looks like it might be okay

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
It wasn't hilarious but it had enough of something for me to leave the series link recording on.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Captain Mediocre posted:

Didn't he once try to show that poor people have only themselves to blame because they could save hundreds of pounds by cooking sixty pizzas, storing them in a gigantic loving freezer everyone presumably has, and then eating them for dinner every night for two months instead of buying something nice.

Yea. He's the ultimate example of a centrist who just can't imagine things that aren't exactly like his experience.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

I lost interest in him when I got a copy of his thirty minute meals and realised they were 30 minutes, plus prep, and only if you have an absolutely massive kitchen and so many pots and pans you don’t need to wash anything between making courses / dishes.

The fact that he didn’t do the photography for the book in his own house, but borrowed his mate’s with the massive kitchen tells you what you need to know.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Oliver is really mad about minimum wage and working hours limits. People should have to suffer for his lovely fake Italian chain food

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
Jamie Oliver is a spoilt, fat bag of poo poo.

Ann Widdecombe is on Big Brother :/

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

crispix posted:

Ann Widdecombe is on Big Brother :/

Good.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

That episode of Inside No 9 hit me for six.

asveepay
Jul 7, 2005
internobody
The old will-they-or-wont-they has made its return to Silent Witness I see. I hope Harry turns back up to start a love triangle because that's what every forensics show needs.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Gorn Myson posted:

Yeah. Holy poo poo.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Gorn Myson posted:

I really enjoyed it but it was a really boring ending, I wish they'd done it some other way.

Had a bash at watching Hard Sun, but it just made me feel really uncomfortable. I hate end of the world stuff.

Taear fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Jan 10, 2018

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I didn’t find the ending boring I thought the whole was very good.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
Up there with the best episodes

Hard Sun looks loving hilarious in a bad way

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

thehustler posted:

Up there with the best episodes

Hard Sun looks loving hilarious in a bad way

It's just a police drama but they're uncovering a conspiracy at the highest level of government!! That you learn fast but still, it's not paticularly stupid.
Not exciting,but still.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
What is it five years until?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
We don’t know exactly but id guess sun getting hotter or solar flares.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Just saw the rankings for the most watched programmes of 2017:

1. Blue Planet II
2. Strictly
3. I'm a Celebrity
4. One Love Manchester
5. Broadchurch
6. BGT
7. Sherlock
8. Call the Midwife
9. NYE fireworks
10. The Moorside

Viewing figures in the link.

Honestly not sure what Moorside is though I know all the other ones.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
The Moorside was about the Shannon Matthews case. The one where her mum faked her kidnapping.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

I'm enjoying Hard Sun. It's somewhat ridiculous, but very gripping.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

I’m skipping Hard Sun, I think, but giving McMafia a try instead. Feels a bit Night Manager so far, but we’ll see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I haven't seen it yet, but the comments about Hard Sun don't seem surprising. It was created and written by Neil Cross, the man behind Luther, so its sounds like it follows in the same style of "this is a bit silly but its a lot of fun so don't worry about the details".