Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Clearly the intended route.

e: oops, this isn't the chat thread!

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

There we go, list of recommended runs in second post. Might add more of the games that have been already been played, but keep 'em coming.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Another night of drawn-out crap

When is the bad games block

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Regular Nintendo posted:

When is the bad games block

All week

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
If I find L4D2 in the schedule again I am totally going to insistently offer my commentary services to those guys. They're all pro as heck at that game but they badly need a hype man. Badly.

Anyway! Enigma and RE3! I have the scoop! Not enough mics, Carci kinda took Enigmas right before the run started. Not forcefully but in a sort of "hey can you give me that, thanks" kind of way. He was actually looking around the hotel and asked me if I'd seen him since he didn't really realise what he'd actually done at the time and wanted to apologise or make amends or something and generally he's been kinda beating himself up over it.

little awkward for me at least because I can't resolve or put the two in contact since Enigma and me do not get on and IMO he is poo poo so I'm perfectly content for him to get screwed out of commentating a game he doesn't run.

Edit: also yes I would never ever couch for a game without a mic what the gently caress is the point

Edit 2: I also don't believe Carci would do something like that on purpose given he intentionally called himself out of my silent hill couch when there were too many mics to go around the viable candidates I legit just don't think he realised lol

SuccinctAndPunchy fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jan 11, 2018

Adnachiel
Oct 21, 2012
Nthing the recommendation of the Resident Evil 7 run. Pretty much everything about it was fantastic.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Recommending RE7 run also, even though I passed out after the bee boss.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Yoshi's Island was a pretty good race too, with all the runners ending up within a minute or so of each other.

As in the runners were like 1:44 to 1:46 when the WR is 1:41

Feldegast42 fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jan 11, 2018

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?
Is the RE7 run worth watching if I plan on playing through the (base) game at some point in the near future? Or should I wait until afterwards?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

synthetik posted:

Is the RE7 run worth watching if I plan on playing through the (base) game at some point in the near future? Or should I wait until afterwards?

It's a fantastic run but you should play it blind first if you're going to play the game soon.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
What was the pusher behind the 40k raised during/right before Yoshi's Island? It brought things back in line again.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Who ended up winning the YI race? Had to check out for a bit after the 5-4 skip.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Slickdrac posted:

What was the pusher behind the 40k raised during/right before Yoshi's Island? It brought things back in line again.

5-4 skip hype

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e11PANu6VNQ

JetpackJeezus
Jul 27, 2011

Heaven Can Wait

Slickdrac posted:

Not sure how much it contributed, but they did announce $5 entry to win a Nintendo Switch (and a bunch of other prizes) right before.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Who ended up winning the YI race? Had to check out for a bit after the 5-4 skip.

Yamayuu

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Slickdrac posted:

They announced that for the mario block you get entered into a raffle for a mario odyssey switch bundle for a $5 minimum donation. Then all four runners got a really cool but hard skip on the first try.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t3KTgd6Qz5c5PMPKSqdUjZmcq4EbsNPk5gGa0EIfkSo/edit#gid=1303272005

Going to sleep for a bit, but just to note, in an impressive reversal from just 13 hours ago, AGDQ has gone from 60/70k behind last years events to now 10k above :toot:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Slickdrac posted:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t3KTgd6Qz5c5PMPKSqdUjZmcq4EbsNPk5gGa0EIfkSo/edit#gid=1303272005

Going to sleep for a bit, but just to note, in an impressive reversal from just 13 hours ago, AGDQ has gone from 60/70k behind last years events to now 10k above :toot:

Clearly their failure has been sealed by banning the plebs.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

E: wrong thread!

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Played along with the Strider tutorial. Was fun, best time so far is 9 min 20 seconds. I'm awful at zipping on the left side of the screen, the first level takes me over 4 minutes. Ugh.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

https://www.speedrun.com/stridernes/thread/nrwnq

quote:

Runner trying Strider for the first time after AGDQ tutorial finds massive skip

https://twitter.com/coolkidBIGBOY/status/951279100009656320

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Superman 64

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

As if I needed another reason to love that Strider run.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Nice SM64 world record.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Not surprisingly Superman 64 will be on the recommendations list.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME

Haha whoa this is insanely cool. What a great idea and it paid off instantly

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
E: wrong thread

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
This Arabian Nights run is a thing of beauty.

e: Actually, no. It's transcendant.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
He's doing the El Matador

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

The awful block is off to a real strong start, Arabian Nights is another one best run of the whole event candidate.

Steve Holt!
Aug 28, 2006

STEVE HOLT!

College Slice
Which game is the end of the awful block?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Steve Holt! posted:

Which game is the end of the awful block?

Looks like my old nemesis from my childhood Deadly Towers is the last game in the Awful Game block.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Move the Awful games block to prime time next year please.

God, Arabian Knights was the run of the marathon. How can anyone possibly top that?

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Pakled posted:

Move the Awful games block to prime time next year please.

God, Arabian Knights was the run of the marathon. How can anyone possibly top that?

I missed Arabian Knights, but Enviro-Bear 2000 was pretty loving good.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I hope they show the ending of Dog's Life because it's so worth it just to see people's reactions.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
E: wrong thread again, God I'm sorry

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

DiggityDoink posted:

I missed Arabian Knights, but Enviro-Bear 2000 was pretty loving good.

Arabian Knights was even better, it was probably the best run of the event so far.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

TeaJay posted:

Arabian Knights was even better, it was probably the best run of the event so far.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Hey guys we have a gang tag that spawned from the awful block over in the chat thread

To get it:

1. Right click my gang tag and copy the link address
2. Buy yourself a new av
3. Put in [img]*url from my tag*[/img]
4. Customize to your liking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

HonorableTB posted:

Hey guys we have a gang tag that spawned from the awful block over in the chat thread

To get it:

1. Right click my gang tag and copy the link address
2. Buy yourself a new av
3. Put in [timg]*url from my tag*[/timg]
4. Customize to your liking

Oh sweet thanks! E: ah I posted in the wrong thread, my b

• Locked thread