Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

BrightWing posted:

The turbo can be turned up?!

I need 200 victories. Oh well, I wanna see that door now, better get grinding.

It can be ramped up to 6x. Default is 4x in battle and 2x out on the field

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

My friend got so sick of me talking about playing through Trails games over and over that he bought me a PS4 and some games for Xmas. Though that might just be his excuse to do something nice for me.

I don't have the heart to tell him, I just want to go back and play them again.

BrightWing posted:

If you're playing on steam, just open the configuration tool and it's right in there.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

BrightWing posted:

If it helps, the 400 victory door is also amazing.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Captain Lavender posted:

My friend got so sick of me talking about playing through Trails games over and over that he bought me a PS4 and some games for Xmas. Though that might just be his excuse to do something nice for me.

I don't have the heart to tell him, I just want to go back and play them again.

If you're playing on steam, just open the configuration tool and it's right in there.

Ain’t cold steel being all remastered for ps4 anyways tho? Lol your friend played himself

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Billzasilver posted:

Ain’t cold steel being all remastered for ps4 anyways tho? Lol your friend played himself

lol, yeah. He likes the games too; I think he just felt like it's all I had to play, when it was actually all I wanted to play. I'll still get CS2 for PC when it's out, and all bets are off.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Holy crap, this is a small thing to get hype over, but I'm in CS1's third field study and the fact that changing which party member is in the lead changes the horse they're on is a really keen bit of attention to detail, especially the way that if you try to mount your horse with Emma, you end up riding behind Alicia since the former can't ride. They didn't have to do that, and the fact that they did really makes me really happy.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Cold Steel 1 Chapter 7 -

Rean's priorities: I didn't mention this before, but I found Rean's priorities once the monster-filled mystery schoolhouse started glowing a little skewed. Who knows what kind of mystery danger it could hold, but he's more worried about the festival being cancelled. I mean yeah everyone put a lot of work into the thing, but I'd be a bit more worried about mysterious glowing death.

Big Dungeon - The most annoying part about the dungeon was preparing the quartz and equipment for seven people. I made a point to use everyone, switching people out at the next major area's starts. I finished the dungeon with Rean at level 65, Juuuuust in range of the 5 Shining Pom bait the Steam version gives for free (at least for those who purchased it early, I think?) My final team going to the boss was Rean, Alisa, Laura, Emma, Elliot, Machias, and Gaius. I decided that it didn't really matter too much who got the ultimate Zemurian Ore weapons, but I gave them to Rean, Laura, and Alisa (the latter was largely for the boost to ATS and SPD).

The "final boss" wasn't too difficult. I largely dealt with it by spamming +50% ATS Altair Cannon and refilling with some of my 49 EP Charge III's. I didn't use a lot of physical attacks, actually. The only one who died was Alisa, and all that did was cancel her active buffs before she self-resurrected. In fact, it was a little TOO not-difficult, and I find it highly suspicious that it only had a single form. That pretty much never happens, certainly not in this series.

Post-Boss - Is this turning into Xenogears? That giant mech - Valimar - looks like something rideable. There are also a number of shoes and things set up which have failed to drop yet. Oh boy.

Well, I left off after the cutscene ended and I got my now-definitely-useless "Medal of Dawn" accessory for getting to rank A0. I'll just wander around and enjoy the post-climax stuff and I'm absolutely sure nothing else exciting is going to happen.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jan 10, 2018

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Cold Steel 1 Chapter 7 -

Rean's priorities: I didn't mention this before, but I found Rean's priorities once the monster-filled mystery schoolhouse started glowing a little skewed. Who knows what kind of mystery danger it could hold, but he's more worried about the festival being cancelled. I mean yeah everyone put a lot of work into the thing, but I'd be a bit more worried about mysterious glowing death.

It appears that way, but the party already figured out earlier in the game that the old schoolhouse was essentially a testing ground and tests generally don't endanger those who don't participate in them.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
https://twitter.com/NISAmerica/status/951154722223738880

:woop:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I guess that's a fast turnaround for rewriting the script, game, and recording VA's.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Good, good. I'm ready to play through it again and supply hot takes about the retranslation.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

final;ly

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

You'd think they'd learn not to give dates until after the beta test

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I appreciate that NISA isn't using early access/crowdfunding to beta test like almost every other game company.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Omi no Kami posted:

Holy crap, this is a small thing to get hype over, but I'm in CS1's third field study and the fact that changing which party member is in the lead changes the horse they're on is a really keen bit of attention to detail, especially the way that if you try to mount your horse with Emma, you end up riding behind Alicia since the former can't ride. They didn't have to do that, and the fact that they did really makes me really happy.

CS2 does this too and actually varies it depending on who's with you at the time, it's good

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

like falcom's writing staff has a notebook page specifically dedicated to "which party members know how to ride a horse"

e: actually it's falcom's staff so i assume it's an entire notebook that consists of every npc in the game also

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jan 11, 2018

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I have every reason to believe tita and agate will try to ride horses soon

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

iron horses maybe

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
Sorry for the CIA document, but well, final chapter, there's a lot of major spoilers.

Um... well... that was a shitload of plot stuff which just happened in Cold Steel 1 Chapter 7. Ha ha ha, I've seen fake-outs before, but this was a really well-done fake-out. I think I might have used up my Shining Pom bait too soon in Realm of the Great Shadow 3. I could have held onto that, but I don't see another 10 levels worth of XP in my future anyway.

Festival Stuff:
- I would have liked to have seen the play or heard the songs, but I guess there was no real way to do them justice without making it all take forever.
- I was wondering though why "I Swear" (Trails in the Sky SC credits music) was in the Cold Steel 1 music files.
- I liked Rean asking for interest on his 50 mira, that was clever.
- Gwyn's VA sounds so sinister and sleazy. Well, I guess the later part is intentional, but probably not the former.
- Picked Alisa for the bonfire event. I heard that there's an additional person you could ask in NG+, who is that?

Serious Stuff:
- Given how crappy and incompetent the defense was in Chapter 5 for Garrelia Fortress I'm not surprised that it was destroyed, but DELETED FROM EXISTENCE?!
- I guess this explains why Crossbell was so willing to provoke Erebonia and Calvard. They knew they had a trump card. Okay, now I want to play the Crossbell games more than I did earlier.
- Returning stuff you borrowed and cleaning out one's room is an ominous sign. I don't have a good feeling about this.

WTF stuff:
- I never would have picked that person as C, and that's even after the Steam Forums actually spoiled that person was shady for me. So I guess that can be called a twist that works, when you are expecting someone to be a traitor and still be shocked in the end.
- Still though, I kinda would have expected that different person, one who has faced a LOT of assassination attempts, to have taken better precautions. Then again, it was a really long shot. Probably a kilometer or so. Quite possible, but outside the expected range of the normal snipers. Also that different person suspected the traitor was a traitor and knew that person was still alive, so they should have been more careful.
- Those are a lot of shoes dropping. Big shoes. See what I did there? That 5th division of Reinford was mentioned ONCE, by a random NPC who thinks 's just a rumor. That's how subtle the game is willing to be with its foreshadowing. It trusts its audience.
- I guess it does make sense how tanks are not a great counter to agile robots, they are meant to shoot other tanks, which are slow. Actually the real question I should ask is how the heck did giant FAST robots get designed, developed, tested, revamped, tested, and deployed from out of nowhere with NO ONE noticing this? That stuff should have taken a lot of work, experts, and resources to develop.
- Wait. Zephyr? Disbanded Zephyr? Did they just decide to kick Fie out before taking on their own gig? Was Fie family to them, or not? Fie sure thought she was.
- One twist which did NOT surprise me was that Clotilde is Ouroboros. I pegged her as an Enforcer from the first meeting in the hotel. I expected that shoe to drop that chapter. I didn't peg her quite as high as an Anguis, though.
- Hey Emma, Maybe, at some point, you might want to inform part of the class about all the top secret witchy stuff which is extremely important BEFORE it tries to kill everyone. Just, you know. something to consider.
- It looks like there's a lot of people to talk to again, and it's been two hours since the bonfire, so that's enough for now.

Yinlock posted:

like falcom's writing staff has a notebook page specifically dedicated to "which party members know how to ride a horse"

e: actually it's falcom's staff so i assume it's an entire notebook that consists of every npc in the game also

In Cold Steel 1, Laura and Sara ride the horse in Super Stallion, even though they were not available to do riding in the only other time in the game you could do so.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jan 11, 2018

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

quote:

- Those are a lot of shoes dropping. Big shoes. See what I did there? That 5th division of Reinford was mentioned ONCE, by a random NPC who thinks 's just a rumor. That's how subtle the game is willing to be with its foreshadowing. It trusts its audience.
- I guess it does make sense how tanks are not a great counter to agile robots, they are meant to shoot other tanks, which are slow. Actually the real question I should ask is how the heck did giant FAST robots get designed, developed, tested, revamped, tested, and deployed from out of nowhere with NO ONE noticing this? That stuff should have taken a lot of work, experts, and resources to develop.

i assume this is only possible because they were working with Crow’s azure knight as a model

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

- I was wondering though why "I Swear" (Trails in the Sky SC credits music) was in the Cold Steel 1 music files.
Should have been Whereabouts of Light.

quote:

Picked Alisa for the bonfire event. I heard that there's an additional person you could ask in NG+, who is that?
No one additional for NG+, I don't think? If you take Emma on the bike ride, the event is a little different.

quote:

- Given how crappy and incompetent the defense was in Chapter 5 for Garrelia Fortress I'm not surprised that it was destroyed, but DELETED FROM EXISTENCE?!
- I guess this explains why Crossbell was so willing to provoke Erebonia and Calvard. They knew they had a trump card. Okay, now I want to play the Crossbell games more than I did earlier.
Yeah, that was my third WTF moment from the chapter and I'm excited to see what happened from the other side.

quote:

The answer is always Ouroboros.

quote:

- One twist which did NOT surprise me was that Clotilde is Ouroboros. I pegged her as an Enforcer from the first meeting in the hotel. I expected that shoe to drop that chapter. I didn't peg her quite as high as an Anguis, though.
I wasn't surprised, but Bleublanc dropping her title made me sit up like a shot, because that's serious business.

quote:

- Hey Emma, Maybe, at some point, you might want to inform part of the class about all the top secret witchy stuff which is extremely important BEFORE it tries to kill everyone. Just, you know. something to consider.
:allears:

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

- Picked Alisa for the bonfire event. I heard that there's an additional person you could ask in NG+, who is that?

From what I've heard that's the option to choose no one, which I think just has Rean dance with Elise and Alfin? I could be remembering it wrong though.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Billzasilver posted:

i assume this is only possible because they were working with C’s azure knight as a model

Oh. My thought was that one was just one of the other newly made ones. I guess that would make some sense. After all, we did just find one very similar to that in the bottom of the - Oh! OHHHHHHHHHHHH! I think that would actually explain a lot!

So C finds one of those things somewhere else and uncovers it, probably around the time the game started, plus or minus one month. That triggers something, some kind of alarm or alert. That is what starts the Old Schoolhouse waking up and transforming. That's what's made the trials start. The "AI" for lack of a better term there is trying to find someone who can operate the thing because the other mech has been found and removed.

(Even with a model, I still think they'd probably need a bunch of people stuff which wouldn't be easy to get without attracting a lot of attention.)

Some Numbers posted:

No one additional for NG+, I don't think? If you take Emma on the bike ride, the event is a little different.

I did take everyone on the bike, and Emma's event is different, but I like NOT taking her, because it just adds one more infuriating tree to the huge pile of "Very Important poo poo Emma really should be telling people".

quote:

The answer is always Ouroboros.

I guess, but even assuming fully automated factories and infinite power thanks to Orbal Energy, you still need resources and people to build the first of those and maintain them, and money to pay the people and food to feed the people. But oh well.

quote:

:allears:

I mean it! This is at least the third friggin' "really important thing" she's not saying dick about. Fourth if you count the bike ride event!

Alard posted:

From what I've heard that's the option to choose no one, which I think just has Rean dance with Elise and Alfin? I could be remembering it wrong though.

Makes sense, that's probably it. I did have that option because I am on NG+ (for the bonding points).

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

So C finds one of those things somewhere else and uncovers it, probably around the time the game started, plus or minus one month. That triggers something, some kind of alarm or alert. That is what starts the Old Schoolhouse waking up and transforming. That's what's made the trials start. The "AI" for lack of a better term there is trying to find someone who can operate the thing because the other mech has been found and removed.

E: I’m a dummy

BearDrivingTruck fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jan 11, 2018

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
^ Don't read this Stabbey. I don't think he's seen the ending yet.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
I wanna read the secrets! Dang it.

Seriously though thanks for keeping stuff tagged and for putting up with all my questions, appreciate it.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Stabbey finish the game

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Whoops, my bad.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen

Minor spoiler for CS2: She probably would have, if she'd ever listened to Abend Time. Her not being able to do that may been part of the plan.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Yeah, absolutely don't read BearDrivingTruck's spoiler.

Cyouni posted:

Minor spoiler for CS2: She probably would have, if she'd ever listened to Abend Time. Her not being able to do that may been part of the plan.

Actually, (CS2) right at the start, it's mentioned that Vita used a spell to make sure Emma didn't know she was around.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Quick Cold Steel 1 question: Does anyone know if it’s safe to equip the guest party members with some of your own stuff? Will they run off with it when the sequence ends?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

You should get all of it back once they go.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Billzasilver posted:

Stabbey finish the game

Working on it. Unfortunately I'm at the part where I'm uh... let's just say "playing Rock-Paper-Scissors" except that Rock, Paper and Scissors look mostly identical. I guess I'll need to make little stick figure drawings to keep them straight. (I know what I need to do, I'm just loving it up.)

EDIT: Argh I knew I shouldn't have quit, now I have to do some things again.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Ah, I got stuck on that too. FYI the counter attack move is super strong.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Yeah, spam Morning Moon and if you’re at level 68 (average endgame level + shining Pom kills) that should be fine.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Working on it. Unfortunately I'm at the part where I'm uh... let's just say "playing Rock-Paper-Scissors" except that Rock, Paper and Scissors look mostly identical. I guess I'll need to make little stick figure drawings to keep them straight. (I know what I need to do, I'm just loving it up.)

EDIT: Argh I knew I shouldn't have quit, now I have to do some things again.

If it's what I think it is, pay attention to the little stars on the display that pops up on the enemy. Once you try a move once, it will summarize the effect with number of stars

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
EDIT: There, beaten.

OddObserver posted:

If it's what I think it is, pay attention to the little stars on the display that pops up on the enemy. Once you try a move once, it will summarize the effect with number of stars

The problem is that it takes a couple strikes to get those to pop up and it seems like there is ZERO margin for error in this fight. One wrong move and you simply can't win. I also am not kidding. Paper and scissors are LITERALLY identical, so I have a 50% chance of getting it right, and I can't afford to get it wrong. Also later on lizard and Spock get added which does not help.

I think I'll be at this for quite a while.

EDIT: I won, finally. Still a pain.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jan 11, 2018

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Well if it helps, though it sounds like you already figured this out. Two of the stances are the same visually, with the only real difference being the voice clip.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Alard posted:

Well if it helps, though it sounds like you already figured this out. Two of the stances are the same visually, with the only real difference being the voice clip.

Plus no matter how well you understand the mechanics it's still a luck based.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Alard posted:

What. I had to memorize that as well? Anyway, I beat it, finally. Yeppp, that sure is a cliffhanger.
The farewell scene with the final companion is surprisingly touching even being as brief as it was.

I have more thoughts, but I'm tired and have a headache.