Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Intruder posted:

Yeah the soup thing was tremendously gross

Yea. All the grossest bits are associated with the magician kid and his family. The pillow episode is my least favorite of the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
A lot of my high school and college cross country teammates did Ultimate, but I never really got into it because I have terrible hand-eye coordination (which is why I got into running in the first place!)

One of my HS teammates plays for the "official" Ultimate team in Detroit, the Mechanics (Mechanix?)

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
The closest I’ve came to a legit sports injury was when I almost blew out my acl highpointing a frisbee and another guy came in just a bit lower going for the same pass and hit my knee mid air.

Funny story he recently got hired as a director an my job and I give him poo poo about ruining my pro career

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

C-Euro posted:

A lot of my high school and college cross country teammates did Ultimate, but I never really got into it because I have terrible hand-eye coordination (which is why I got into running in the first place!)

One of my HS teammates plays for the "official" Ultimate team in Detroit, the Mechanics (Mechanix?)

Same but the team in MN.

My high school had a really really good ultimate team and a bunch of them now play in either pro teams, or have played on the USA team during a world tournament.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Water polo is also very serious business

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

There are no sharks in this video, nor is there any whale vs. shark action. It's just a diver playing with a whale (which is fine and cool) and then at the very end the diver says "there's a big tiger shark down there."

piss tape israel posted:

Here's another cute animal:

Phidippus are way cuter!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Seriously, jumping spiders own own own.

You can play with them, they see you and recognize you're a thing and will totally orient to watch you. Plus the way they move!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPo8MG1pJ8w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1560DOYU_AY

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jan 11, 2018

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

a neat cape posted:

Fun fact, water polo was first played in the 1900 Olympic games, the rules went under a severe revision after those games because most of the horses drowned. (I have one water polo joke and god dammit if I'm not going to tell it on the rare occasions it's actually topical)

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

a neat cape posted:

it is

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_in_the_Water_match

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORjIONFd8cU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

https://qz.com/851066/almost-all-the-10-million-jobs-created-since-2005-are-temporary/

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

They have to keep cutting camera feeds during the chicks Waterpolo because titties pop out all the time.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Leperflesh posted:

There are no sharks in this video, nor is there any whale vs. shark action. It's just a diver playing with a whale (which is fine and cool) and then at the very end the diver says "there's a big tiger shark down there."
There's an accompanying article and yes, there was a shark, and yes, it was protecting the human.

Don't @ me.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
https://twitter.com/nbcnews/status/951229602923458566

There is not a :thunk: big enough for this

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

pubic works project posted:

There is not an :ironicat: big enough for this

Also - women's water polo can get really nasty

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
The president changing libel laws is the emptiest empty threat possible

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The president changing libel laws is the emptiest empty threat possible

He blustered about this in the campaign as well and I assumed his lawyers explained to him how often he'd be libelling people so he dropped it.

The Juggernaut
Nov 29, 2005

Ok, I'm off to see the Rifftrax Live of "The Room." Wish me luck.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
Basement gym is up there for good life decisions I've made

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

piss tape israel posted:

Water sports can get that way yeah

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
You guys see Trump's "say's who" lawyer Cohen is suing Fusion GPS for defamation? I can't believe that moron is opening himself up for discovery.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Mr. Nice! posted:

You guys see Trump's "say's who" lawyer Cohen is suing Fusion GPS for defamation? I can't believe that moron is opening himself up for discovery.

How can you sue someone for testimony given in a closed hearing that was leaked by someone else?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Skwirl posted:

How can you sue someone for testimony given in a closed hearing that was leaked by someone else?

I was just pondering that earlier myself. Fusion GPS didn't actually publish anything, and I figure that congressional hearings have the same type of immunity that judicial proceedings do with regards to defamation. Besides the fact that truth is an absolute defense, there seems to be some procedural issues with this case from the start.

But still, loving :lol: at potentially giving full discovery power over your financial records to one of the best research firms in DC.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
it is becoming increasingly clear to me that trump and everyone around him basically existed in a position where they had enough wealth that consequences and reality never actually affected them in any meaningful way and somehow they assumed that was how it worked for everyone and the presidency would be no different

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

The Juggernaut posted:

Ok, I'm off to see the Rifftrax Live of "The Room." Wish me luck.

Hope you enjoyed it. I love The Room but watching it by itself can be challenging.

Somewhat related: I loved The Disaster Artist.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Well ain't that a bitch

piss tape israel posted:

My older sister played water polo in HS and I heard some poo poo from her friends after they all graduated. It's a rough time.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

it is becoming increasingly clear to me that trump and everyone around him basically existed in a position where they had enough wealth that consequences and reality never actually affected them in any meaningful way and somehow they assumed that was how it worked for everyone and the presidency would be no different

One of the ultimate lessons of the Trump presidency (assuming we live to see it end) will be to quit while you're ahead. Everyone's life, including Trump's and everyone else around him, would have been better off if he was just content to chill in his gold-plated penthouse all day instead of running for president as a way to launch a cable news network (if you believe that rumor)

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

C-Euro posted:

Well ain't that a bitch

My older sister played water polo in HS and I heard some poo poo from her friends after they all graduated. It's a rough time.

One of the ultimate lessons of the Trump presidency (assuming we live to see it end) will be to quit while you're ahead. Everyone's life, including Trump's and everyone else around him, would have been better off if he was just content to chill in his gold-plated penthouse all day instead of running for president as a way to launch a cable news network (if you believe that rumor)

it's not so much a rumor but what him and everyone around him said and were planning to do in the run up to their inevitable election loss.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

yo

Devilman on Netflix is everything you thought anime was when you were 12 and it was only shown after midnight on the sci fi channel

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Hate to say it Mel, but the idea that the Super Wealthy exist in a world that is completely divorced from reality is not a new concept.

Look at any of the Silicon Valley bullshit that is constantly coming out (Raw Water is the latest) for examples.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

OxySnake posted:

Hate to say it Mel, but the idea that the Super Wealthy exist in a world that is completely divorced from reality is not a new concept.

Look at any of the Silicon Valley bullshit that is constantly coming out (Raw Water is the latest) for examples.

Well that's not entirely what I mean

Like, I am starting to realize Trump saying all this poo poo about the birth certificate and building the wall etc. wasn't actually bluster. He literally thought the President was king and could do whatever he wanted

like he is on record telling Sessions that Sessions should protect him from everything like Obama was protected by Holder. Like, he literally thought this whole time Obama was all that stuff he accused him of and thought he could legitimately run the country like he wanted once in office

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Like, I am starting to realize Trump saying all this poo poo about the birth certificate and building the wall etc. wasn't actually bluster. He literally thought the President was king and could do whatever he wanted

like he is on record telling Sessions that Sessions should protect him from everything like Obama was protected by Holder. Like, he literally thought this whole time Obama was all that stuff he accused him of and thought he could legitimately run the country like he wanted once in office

I always took him at face value and believed he was ignorant and naive enough to think that's how things would work for him.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Oh I see what you meant now.

Yeah I would agree with that.

Considering from the outset it was very clear this admin was going to be as corrupt as they thought prior admins were, only for them to find out that there are actual rules and red tape to prevent* that level of bullshit.

*Assuming the party in congress actually has the balls to stop some of these things.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

OxySnake posted:

Oh I see what you meant now.

Yeah I would agree with that.

Considering from the outset it was very clear this admin was going to be as corrupt as they thought prior admins were, only for them to find out that there are actual rules and red tape to prevent* that level of bullshit.

*Assuming the party in congress actually has the balls to stop some of these things.

Yeah, its probably why he keeps making GBS threads bricks about the Mueller thing

He didn't bother to hide any of it because he didn't think he would have to

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

C-Euro posted:

Well ain't that a bitch

The presidency is the ultimate Peter Principle.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Mel Mudkiper posted:

this is like that dude that defended rl quidditch by saying "It can get pretty aggressive out there"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ypu31AG8944

:colbert:

Amy Pole Her posted:

Lol Jesus Christ please don’t be real

Neil Armbong posted:

Where'd you copy this from?

PASS THE MASH posted:

As the guy vaguely serious about playing quidditch, it’s not worth claiming any of that poo poo, nobody will believe you.

I played competitive ultimate frisbee in college from 2006-2010 and then in a variety of rec leagues up until I retired this past year and became a coach. we went to tournaments every weekend and played our asses off.

I have literally 25+ frisbees decorating the walls of my bedroom that I collected at tournaments.

I thought this was something y'all knew about me. I'll talk about ultimate till your ears fall off.

C-Euro posted:

I'm a former xc runner so this makes a lot of sense. And the status of the AUDL (the pro league) is...complex. They play a modified form of the sport and you will get a bunch of people Real Mad about Ultimate when you bring up the AUDL.

If folks are curious I can explain what all the drama is.

Its Rinaldo posted:

The closest I’ve came to a legit sports injury was when I almost blew out my acl highpointing a frisbee and another guy came in just a bit lower going for the same pass and hit my knee mid air.

Funny story he recently got hired as a director an my job and I give him poo poo about ruining my pro career

I broke my nose when someone ran full-speed into me to try and make a catch during practice. I also gave myself a concussion diving for a disk head-first and not laying out (Ultimate term for diving for the disc) with proper form.

Oh and I saw tons of blown ACLs and I suffered a horrific ankle injury that has deformed my ankle to this day!

OxySnake posted:

Same but the team in MN.

My high school had a really really good ultimate team and a bunch of them now play in either pro teams, or have played on the USA team during a world tournament.

I know a bunch of DC Breeze and Philly Phoenix players. They're generally all cool and are about 100 times better at the game than I am as I have gotten old/slow/fat. One of my best friends played for Ireland's team at Worlds despite never actually stepping foot in Ireland because they needed an additional player and he knew the team somehow + had Irish heritage.

axeil fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jan 11, 2018

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I mean, "It's not a crime when the president does it." It's not new.

Trump does seem like every rear end in a top hat benefactor who politicians have to suck up to get the moolah to run since time immemorial, though, except he'd literally gotten flattered by all this assholes so much that he just deluded himself into "eliminating the middle man." And then America saw in that Rodney Dangerfield instead of The Pointy-Haired Boss.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Leperflesh posted:

Seriously, jumping spiders own own own.

You can play with them, they see you and recognize you're a thing and will totally orient to watch you. Plus the way they move!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPo8MG1pJ8w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1560DOYU_AY
They are also useful in fighting off Brown Recluses, god I remember that thread about the poor goon who had to live in a apartment infested with them :stonk:

The coolest bug I probably saw was when I was in Utah with the conservation corp and we trained up in Logan and after dinner we had to clean up, well a Tarantula Hawk Wasp decided to fall in the soapy water bin and I got a bunch of lovely cell phone pics of it as it aired its wings out on a plant.

They are really docile mainly because nothing wants get stung by something that feels like you go struck by lightning

Just look at this guy get stung
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnExgQ81fhU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/951106475254059008

I have issues with how in bed Dianne Feinstein is with the intelligence community, and anti-piracy, and Israel, and drone strikes on Brown people. But there' no way she's getting primaried in California, and even if that somehow happened, there's no way it'd be by someone who hates Trump less than Feinstein.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
How many frozen dumplings 🥟 can be eaten in a sitting before it’s a problem...I’m at 45 and just getting to “satisfied full”

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Skwirl posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/951106475254059008

I have issues with how in bed Dianne Feinstein is with the intelligence community, and anti-piracy, and Israel, and drone strikes on Brown people. But there' no way she's getting primaried in California, and even if that somehow happened, there's no way it'd be by someone who hates Trump less than Feinstein.

CA has jungle primaries, and its expected that 2 dems will end up in the general (since the CA republican party is as incompetent as red state democratic parties)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

SHOAH NUFF posted:

How many frozen dumplings 🥟 can be eaten in a sitting before it’s a problem...I’m at 45 and just getting to “satisfied full”
how much sodium per serving?