Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Aumanor posted:

To be fair, ANY damage draws tower aggro, even the enemy hurting himself on your bramble vest.

I'm really hoping they don't implement that change. More targeted spells on the other hand, would be cool and good, maybe they'll finally release a new champion I would actually want to play.

What are the "methods of dropping tower aggro" in this game, if you can't A-Click on your allies and even thinking about casting a spell on an enemy draws aggro?

More specifically - how can I use flash to drop tower aggro? The shot follows me even after I blink, which would normally "disjoint" the shot in DotA.

I know there's a way to dive in this game, I just don't know how...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

some characters have abilities that let them avoid a tower shot but mostly you tower dive by having enough health to eat the tower shots

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
you have to flash before the tower fires.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Once the tower shot has fired, you cant dodge it, so juggling aggro comes down to having multiple people dive, 'juggling' the tower aggro by getting in and out of range, Before the shots fire.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

rabidsquid posted:

some characters have abilities that let them avoid a tower shot but mostly you tower dive by having enough health to eat the tower shots

Yeah. Generally speaking, you perform a tower dive by either having someone who can absorb a large number of hits get aggro first, having someone who can become untargetable get aggro first, or by "juggling" aggro such that one person takes as many shots as they can before dropping aggro while another person takes the aggro. #1 is the easiest and most consistent method, and is thus the go-to one in solo queue.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Elephunk posted:

they might as well, targeted spells already draw tower aggro which as someone coming from DotA feels weird and awful already

what on earth

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i think of all the weird takes ive heard from the dota > lol posters "spells drawing tower aggro feels weird" is the strangest

the reason i like the creep aggro change is because a lot of targeted spells are specifically hard for them to balance in lower ELO. having the creeps re-target means people need to play around creep waves (and the bushes in sidelanes.) i think the change just has the best potential of making targeted spells more fair at multiple skill levels.

currently the gangplank Q will draw creep aggro and people seem fine with that.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
the gun is very loud

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Radical posted:

i think of all the weird takes ive heard from the dota > lol posters "spells drawing tower aggro feels weird" is the strangest

the reason i like the creep aggro change is because a lot of targeted spells are specifically hard for them to balance in lower ELO. having the creeps re-target means people need to play around creep waves (and the bushes in sidelanes.) i think the change just has the best potential of making targeted spells more fair at multiple skill levels.

currently the gangplank Q will draw creep aggro and people seem fine with that.

GP's Q has always drawn creep aggro. It is, for all intents and purposes, a modified auto-attack.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
drat near everything draws Tower Afro. Zilean blobs drae Ahri before they even explode. Dropping Veigar box draws tower aggro.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Mikujin posted:

GP's Q has always drawn creep aggro. It is, for all intents and purposes, a modified auto-attack.

yes that was my point, that other targeted spells will also work like that now.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Can anyone point me toward a good explanation of how all the new rune/mastery poo poo has shaken up the game for someone who hasn't played since a long-rear end time ago?

It looks really neat but I'm also terrified of trying to do anything at all without the loads of stats from rune pages, especially jungling.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

The Shortest Path posted:

Can anyone point me toward a good explanation of how all the new rune/mastery poo poo has shaken up the game for someone who hasn't played since a long-rear end time ago?

It looks really neat but I'm also terrified of trying to do anything at all without the loads of stats from rune pages, especially jungling.

Just go to Lolalytics and copy the highest winrate runes

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Also what the gently caress

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Teikanmi posted:

Just go to Lolalytics and copy the highest winrate runes

This site is very useful, thanks.

Does the silver squid discord still get used for people playing this? It looks like a dead chatroom.

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jan 11, 2018

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
There's a discord in the op that more people use I think

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

This site is very useful, thanks.

Does the silver squid discord still get used for people playing this? It looks like a dead chatroom.

Yep, it does. Depending on your region you might be poo poo out of luck during some hours, but if memory serves you were on NA. Or you're the Darius Player Guy from EU, I can't remember.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
path was NA

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Nunu is gonna give people deathcap D:

https://twitter.com/ricklessabandon/status/951297833591717889

e: Riot forgot Azir exists again

Firebert fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jan 11, 2018

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

lmao 5 q stacks will grant 55+25%ap damage on hit?? okay.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Nunu walks into your lane and doesn't even acknowledge you as the enemy laner runs up and shits into your peehole

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Those numbers can't be right for Nunu, there is no way, just casually giving your mid laner a even stronger deathcap which stacks with their deathcap.
Just casually bloodboil karthus and have him requiem to one shot the enemy team, bloodboil literally any poke or pick mage like xerath/lux/zoe/ziggs and just delete anyone who gets hit by anything.

Not to mention Nunu will just slap people to death again with 3 base AD on top of 55 magic damage at 9.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
They will obviously strip power elsewhere if needed, these are just the new strengths they want to give him so people will pick him for a reason in draft

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

karthus and have him requiem to one shot the enemy team

I can already basically do this with karthus with that R damage increase and the +12% damage when low on hp mastery

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

its curtains for Kevin posted:

They will obviously strip power elsewhere if needed, these are just the new strengths they want to give him so people will pick him for a reason in draft

A better idea; remove Nunu from the game, refund anyone who bought any of their skins and introduce spicy new lore where he died

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Radical posted:

yes that was my point, that other targeted spells will also work like that now.

i cant wait for pantheon to stop existing!

its a bad change

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

just dodge pantheon q. if you cant you will lose the lane for sure

also i have nunubot and would theoretically like him to be playable but also he should get off h is lazy rear end and do something!!!

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Those numbers can't be right for Nunu, there is no way, just casually giving your mid laner a even stronger deathcap which stacks with their deathcap.
Just casually bloodboil karthus and have him requiem to one shot the enemy team, bloodboil literally any poke or pick mage like xerath/lux/zoe/ziggs and just delete anyone who gets hit by anything.

Not to mention Nunu will just slap people to death again with 3 base AD on top of 55 magic damage at 9.

It's capped at 120 AP it looks like? That's not too insane.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

120 AP is an absolutely massive amount of AP to get for free, and you only need 300 AP to be able to get the full bonus from rank 5 Blood Boil.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
120 AP is an extra ~150 damage on the entire enemy team on karthus ult and an extra ~35 damage every second to anyone unfortunate enough to be standing in E

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Nunu died on the way back to his home planet

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Think of it this way: if Nunu puts new Blood Boil on a champ with at least 300 AP, that champion is getting over 3,000 gold worth of free stats. Put that poo poo on Azir and it's more like 4.3k worth of gold. Ardent Censer was considered the most broken item in the entire game when it gave something measly like 2k worth of stats.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

yeah but ardent censer was usually built on champions that did poo poo. blood boil requires you to have a nunu

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
ardent censer was good because it was a taric item

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

I don't see those changes making nunu a terror because the power shift is on maxing his w which sucks rear end and will have him get loving annihilated by any decent junglers invades or counter ganks.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

That 120 is going to be multiplied by deathcap, which means it's 162 AP.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

why on earth is it useful to say that ap can be multiplied by deathcap

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Verviticus posted:

why on earth is it useful to say that ap can be multiplied by deathcap

Because it's supposed to be capped at 120, but most mages build deathcap and can just go beyond what they are supposed to get from it.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Hot take: Nunu is going to continue doing Nunu things and will probably be nerfed if these changes buff him in any significant way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Verviticus posted:

i cant wait for pantheon to stop existing!
Same, but unironically :twisted:

Camel Camus posted:

I don't see those changes making nunu a terror because the power shift is on maxing his w which sucks rear end and will have him get loving annihilated by any decent junglers invades or counter ganks.
As opposed to now where you max Q, which does nothing in those situations either?