Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I did a pull, and got Arc LMR and Aria BSB. I have around 85 Mythril right now. I could afford one more pull, maybe two if I really get screwed. The only other dupe I have is Refia's BSB. I want the Sage Onion the most, but do I really want the other relics on the banner, I wonder? I need to evaluate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
4/22 - Refia USB, Refia BSB, Ingus BSB2, CoD BSB2

Not bad in a vacuum and no dupes (only dupe going in was Onion BSB), although missing out on all the Onion Knight items makes it dissapointing. At least all of Refia and CoD's stuff doesn't come back in the next III event if I want to try again in a non-event banner.

Saving the rest for either Orlandeau, fests or playing favourites with Freya and Vivi banners.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

2/11

OK BSB x2, dupes

BOooooooooooooooooooo

Griz
May 21, 2001

3/11
Refia LMR
CoD LMR
OK mage USB

hooray! I was planning for up to 3 pulls but I'll just stop here.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
Ok banner pull

1/11 IngusBSB, any good? I think I just got screwed.

never pull

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
Morus : Passiflora Edulis
Cherimoya : Castanea
Synsepalum+(Citrus x limon)
Monstera : L. chinensis
Went in with 334 mythril and two dupes, did four pulls.

100g: poop
1/11: CoD LMR
3/11: OK BSB (dupe), Aria BSB, CoD BSB
2/11: Refia LMR, Refia USB (dupe) ugggghhh
3/11: OK LMR, OK pUSB, Arc BSB

drat that last pull saved me some heartache.

Missed the mUSB top prize but with 9 dupes, I'm gonna have to wait for its next appearance.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
1/11 dupe Refia BSB

I gave up a last pull on the TERROR banner for this?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Okay, OK pUSB trip report. Combining it with Zell's USB shaved 12 seconds off my Vitality dungeon time. Fire Within hitting 4x9999 and then the USB chase hitting another 4x9999 is fantastic.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
I did two pulls and got:

Onion mUSB
Refia BSB
CoD BSB

All of these things were new! I did a second pull and got:

Onion LMR
Refia BSB
Onion BSB

I think I did okay. Onion mUSB, LMR, Refia BSB and CoD BSB seem like great things. Time to dive Onion?!

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005

Philouza posted:

Nuts, Ingus BSB/11. Chasing here seems like a bad idea

I chased, got mUSB/11, cool!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I will not pull. Pulling is the mythril-killer.

Parasol Waddle Dee
Oct 30, 2012

Waddle waddle.
Had 100 Mythril and one pull's worth in leftover gems for this banner and gently caress, tomorrow's my birthday. Main target was OK's Sage USB, but I honestly kinda like everything in the banner but the dupes (OK BSB, Arc BSB and Refia BSB).

1st pull - Arc BSB, Ingus BSB2 and OK sUSB. This pull alone makes all worthwhile even if the next pulls are junk!
2nd pull - Refia BSB, CoD BSB and CoD LMR. Worth it for the CoD tech, if nothing else. I have her first BSB and SSB and this is a nice roundup for her arsenal.
3rd pull - Aria BSB and Refia USB. Sweet!

Always sometimes pull. Even the dupes were somewhat useful as combine fodder.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
11 pull

Yoooooooooooooo

Definitely going to LD CoD after I LD OK

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
uh ok

:getin:

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Did one x11 pull, got Onion's caster USB, COD's USB, and Aria's BSB. Not bad! I wanted the sword more (I'm way more invested in physical teams) but i'm certainly not going to complain about a pull like this!

I've had very poor luck with Onion drops on his previous banners so it's nice to get something good for him! Seems like a no-brainer slot in for every single caster team. Do delay reduction effects stack in any way? Accumulate charges or combine delay effects, etc? I've got a few characters with similar effects at this point, I'm wondering how it combos.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
So I didn’t really plan for a world where I pulled CoD USB and BSB. I don’t really have any dark abilities honed, what should I be honing?

I know I want Meltdown/Chaingas for Sage Onion Knight.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

BGrifter posted:

So I didn’t really plan for a world where I pulled CoD USB and BSB. I don’t really have any dark abilities honed, what should I be honing?

I know I want Meltdown/Chaingas for Sage Onion Knight.

I'm a really big fan of Dire Heal. Hit 4 times for big damage and then get more or less a full heal at the end? sure.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
Dark Zone is the ultimate in Dark Magic DPS, especially if you got CoD's countdown BSB.

Washout posted:

Ok banner pull

1/11 IngusBSB, any good? I think I just got screwed.

never pull

Actually yes! Apparently it's pretty top-tier and does great work for the 4* Lightning magicite.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

3/11 and 1/11.

1st pull was Arc, CoD, and OK BSBs, no dupes. Odd how OK's BSB which has eluded me all this time is finally mine and I'm not that excited.

1/11 was sUSB, thankfully. May do one more pull after water banner but I'm not sure yet. I really want the other USB and his LMR.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

Second pull was a dupe of my first pull + OK's pUSB. Sounds like it's time to LD the onion. I haven't had any Celerity-focused folks until now, what deserves attention other than Dervish?

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

3/11 and then 4/11.

Aria BSB x2, Onion boy LMR first pull.

Onion boy phys USB, Refia USB, Ingus BSB2, Arc BSB 2nd pull. Pretty happy with that.

I'm scared because I've been on a good streak lately and I'm gonna get punished soon.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

Quick Hit is very useful, and Leaping Rush is getting a great buff.

In fact, QH -> LR will be solid with a dived OK later on.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

Speaking of which, I think it's time for a Legend Dive analysis, I've picked up a lot of 5-star motes recently. Going off the chart at https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DGefC67UAAA879q.jpg

Already dived:
OK -- pUSB
Bartz -- USB, waterBSB, quadelementBSB
Vivi -- USB
Squall -- BSB2

Imminent Candidates:
Tidus -- USB (doublecast water)
Noctis -- OSB, LMR (haste/quickcast3)
Vaan -- USB (+damage based on breaks)

Or I save for other motes. Low on spirit/vitality at the moment, otherwise I'd be looking at guys like Balthier or Refia for clinching the fire team, Marche for doublecast knight, or... gosh, I donno. Bartz and Vivi have been my main DPS so they're taken care of, as far as a single team everything else seems like QoL buffs from dives (I have Iris's LMR/BSB for a doublecast healer), am I looking to fill anything else other than collecting more niche dps for whatever weaknesses come up?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Bruceski posted:

Tidus -- USB (doublecast water)

I did Tidus after getting his USB/LM and holy poo poo is he insane. Zero regrets. Tidus/Bartz makes Water weak enemies explode.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

Tidus or save. Noctis doesn't have a niche yet and Vaan is good but in a large part because of his ability to debuff while doing damage. Neither are effective in the current meta, especially since you don't have Noctis' SSB.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

ceaselessfuture posted:

Tidus or save. Noctis doesn't have a niche yet and Vaan is good but in a large part because of his ability to debuff while doing damage. Neither are effective in the current meta, especially since you don't have Noctis' SSB.

That was my thought too but wanted to check (you mean debuffs as in breaks rather than status effects, right? It's a shame everything's like 95% resistant because the devs hate fun or something). Is there anything I should be looking at in the dives for support/healer-focused folks or is it just turning strong dps into silver bullets?

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

Yeah, I mean breaks. You have a pretty great range in terms of elements hit, so I might very well dive a healer if you have one. I dove Deuce (USB/BSB) and absolutely 100% never regretted it.

I'm trying to go for one solid character for every element, and Tidus is on my list with his USB alone. I'll be doing Papalymo and Alphinaud as well, then I'll just need Earth/Holy and I'll be done.

Hopefully I get Orlandeau's USB and LMR! :v:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I am grinding my way back through realm dungeons to get to 50 Mythril. This is the most boring thing in the game. I feel like I'm playing one of those clicker games.

BGrifter posted:

I did Tidus after getting his USB/LM and holy poo poo is he insane. Zero regrets. Tidus/Bartz makes Water weak enemies explode.

Tidus is an extremely good dive with only his USB, yeah. I actually got Cloud USB recently, dove him instantly, and was a bit upset that while he is super strong Tidus was actually just as strong on any enemies that didn't resist water. His USB weapon itself boosts water and is ranged as well, so a really good candidate for using all your rosettas

From what I hear having his USB and being able to combo it with CSB or BSB2 makes him even more nuts

(I guess the main point is that 90% of lategame bosses resist every element now)

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

ceaselessfuture posted:

Yeah, I mean breaks. You have a pretty great range in terms of elements hit, so I might very well dive a healer if you have one. I dove Deuce (USB/BSB) and absolutely 100% never regretted it.

I'm trying to go for one solid character for every element, and Tidus is on my list with his USB alone. I'll be doing Papalymo and Alphinaud as well, then I'll just need Earth/Holy and I'll be done.

Hopefully I get Orlandeau's USB and LMR! :v:

For healer I have Iris's LMR for doublecast white and her BSB for instacast heals, so I've been getting by pretty well just using here as a healstick; with the instacast I can charge her SB bar back up before burst mode wears off. And yeah, having Bartz feels like cheating for element coverage, about the only reason I haven't instantly dived Tidus as well was trying to figure out if I should hold back for other element coverage.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I am grinding my way back through realm dungeons to get to 50 Mythril. This is the most boring thing in the game. I feel like I'm playing one of those clicker games.

I'm doing this too so I can make one pull on this banner :smith:

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Been looking at Japanese banners to distract myself from pulling again to chase the OK stuff. Fingers crossed the fest banners are nice, want to have Mythril for future banners and my IX bias.

New FF8 event has a new Ice Chain for Laguna, USB for Squall and Seifer, OSB for Ultimecia, who DENA has decided is a wind mage, and an LMR3 for Seifer, who just got his second with their New Years event.

Laguna's Chain is also on a Bazooka. If you wanted to, you could equip OK with a bazooka.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

Bruceski posted:

For healer I have Iris's LMR for doublecast white and her BSB for instacast heals, so I've been getting by pretty well just using here as a healstick; with the instacast I can charge her SB bar back up before burst mode wears off. And yeah, having Bartz feels like cheating for element coverage, about the only reason I haven't instantly dived Tidus as well was trying to figure out if I should hold back for other element coverage.

I have Iris LMR and BSB too, and she definitely gets the job done, so you could probably pass.

I find that Tidus USB by itself gets the job done for me, so he'll probably be last on my list. If you have Engulfing Quadstrike honed enough, you could probably just keep using Bartz instead!

pichupal posted:

Laguna's Chain is also on a Bazooka.

lol

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
4/22

Refia USB
Arc BSB
OK LMR
CoD LMR

Not what I was excited about but not disappointing. I might manage one more pull before the event ends.

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
Morus : Passiflora Edulis
Cherimoya : Castanea
Synsepalum+(Citrus x limon)
Monstera : L. chinensis
Ah drat, so Onion Knight can't doublecast ninja magic, right?

e: dumb question of course not

jebeebus fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Jan 11, 2018

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i am glad a lot of people are getting good pulls, i spent all 50 of my mithril and went 2/11 for arc lmr x2. as per my idiom this is yet another character i have nothing for but lmr. in fact two of them are from FF3 joining my aria.

i guess i can grind realm dungeons for more mithril but my pulls have been kinda trash lately (ignoring my three new chains!!!)

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Hmm, looks like 2/23 for the Onion Banner. Ingus BSB2 and Onion LMR. Sad I didn't get a USB but I didn't have my heart set on them or anything and that was my allotment. Hope the rest of you folks had better luck.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

pichupal posted:

Been looking at Japanese banners to distract myself from pulling again to chase the OK stuff. Fingers crossed the fest banners are nice, want to have Mythril for future banners and my IX bias.

New FF8 event has a new Ice Chain for Laguna, USB for Squall and Seifer, OSB for Ultimecia, who DENA has decided is a wind mage, and an LMR3 for Seifer, who just got his second with their New Years event.

Laguna's Chain is also on a Bazooka. If you wanted to, you could equip OK with a bazooka.

Of note, Quistis has now gone over a year and a half without a new relic.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Who the gently caress is Quistis

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

First pull gave me two dupes of Refia's record materia with nothing else. :cry: Stubbornly decided to do at least one more and...

I think that paid off at least somewhat. Now to level up this dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

4/11

OK sUSB
OK LMR
Arc BSB
CoD LMR

Decent haul even though the LMR is kind of a bust since I only have CoD's BSB1.

• Locked thread