Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Well, I pulled two new relics in one pull to hit my hard limit of 4 dupes, so I'm done on this banner.

Buuuuut...

Kinda wish I had gotten the OK or Refia LMRs for the 5* instead, but I got one of the OK USBs with just 50 mythril so I'm happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

FruitPunchSamurai posted:

4/11

OK sUSB
OK LMR
Arc BSB
CoD LMR

Decent haul even though the LMR is kind of a bust since I only have CoD's BSB1.

Radiant Shield is a nice effect so she's still pretty usable with her Endark, especially if you're using Mako Might on her to get the effect up early.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

my ability to go LMR for a character i own no other relics for/11 on banners is really starting to impress me

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I am grinding my way back through realm dungeons to get to 50 Mythril. This is the most boring thing in the game. I feel like I'm playing one of those clicker games.

This and the first section of events when they drop. I wish there was a quick battle option for anything under 100 difficulty. I hate nothing more than 3 stages of mobs for a total of 7 stamina.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Attestant posted:

Who the gently caress is Quistis

to be fair, FF8 forgets about her after the first disc too

they're just being faithful to the source material! :v:

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

So for this here Ultimecia event...

Banner 1 posted:

Laguna's Bazooka [LCSSB, +10 ATK] - Activates Ice Limit Chain (150) & 50% Ice Field, ATK +50% to party

Squall's Diamond Heart [USSB, +10 ATK] - 12 single-target Ice/NE physical attacks, En-Ice & EX "Lion" to user
EX "Lion": ATK +30% & chases Spellblade abilities with 4~8 single-target Ice/NE physical attacks, number of hits/multiplier/critical rate increases with each Chase
Seifer's Almasy Twin Lance [USSB, +10 ATK] - 18 single-target Dark/Fire physical attacks, ATK & DEF +30% to user, Instant Cast 1 to party

Ultimecia's Doom Mace [OSSB, +10 MAG] - Single-target Wind/Dark Overflow magic attack, higher multiplier if exploiting weakness

Seifer's Almasy Cutting Trigger [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Dark/Fire physical attacks, 75% Dark Radiant Shield to party, Burst Mode
Attack -> 5 single-target Dark/Fire physical attacks, 35% max HP damage to user
Defend -> 3 single-target Dark/Fire physical attacks, Quick Cast 3

Ultimecia's Demon's Rod [BSSB, +10 MAG] - 8 single-target Wind/Dark magic attacks, En-Wind, Burst Mode
Attack -> 2 single-target Wind/Dark magic attacks, Junction to user, maximum 3 stacks
Defend -> 3~6 single-target Wind/Dark magic attacks, number of hits & multiplier is dependent on Junction Level

Squall's Axis Blade [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Ice/NE physical attacks, En-Ice, Burst Mode
Attack -> 2 single-target Ice/NE physical attacks, Junction to user, maximum 3 stacks
Defend -> 4~7 single-target Ice/NE physical attacks, number of hits/multiplier/critical rate is dependent on Junction Level

Laguna's Aldebaran [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Ice/NE ranged physical attacks, En-Ice, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Ice/NE ranged physical attacks, 5 hits if exploiting weakness
Defend -> Single-target Ice/NE ranged physical attacks, Instant Machinist 2

Selphie's Nunchaku [BSSB, +10 MND] - h85 heal & RES +100% to party, Burst Mode
Attack -> Single-target h105 heal, Instant Cast
Defend -> h25 heal to party

Seifer's Ambitious Armlet [LMR, +10 ATK] - 25% chance to Dualcast Darkness abilities
Ultimecia's Harmonia Armlet [LMR, +10 MAG] - En-Wind for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Squall's Lion Gloves [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Ice for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Laguna's Presidential Casual [LMR, +10 ATK] - When using Machinist abilities, 25% chance to inflict minor Imperil Ice
Selphie's Model [LMR, +10 MND] - When using single-target healing abilities, 20% chance it comes attached with Last Stand

Banner 2 posted:

Laguna's Arcturus [USSB, +10 ATK] - 7 AOE Ice/NE ranged physical attacks, Imperil Ice, ATK & RES +30%, High Quick Cast 1 & Ragnarok Buster to user
Ragnarok Buster: High Quick Cast 1 after using Ice attacks
Rinoa's Cutlass [USSB, +10 MAG] - 10 single-target Ice/NE magic attacks, En-Ice & EX "Chosen Sorceress" to user
EX "Chosen Sorceress": MAG +30%, after using R1~5 Black Magic abilities chases with 2~6 single-target Ice/NE magic attacks
Fujin's Crystal Cross [USSB, +10 MAG] - 10 single-target Wind/NE magic attacks, En-Wind, Short Quick Cast & Chase to user
Chase: After using 2 Wind abilities, chases with 5 or 10 single-target Wind/NE magic attacks
Selphie's Fairie Tail [USSB, +10 MND] - h85 heal, Last Stand, High Regen to party, Instant Cast

Rinoa's Crystal Cross [BSSB, +10 MAG] - 8 AOE Ice/NE magic attacks, En-Ice, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Ice/NE magic attacks, multiplier is dependent on user's MAG
Defend -> Single-target MAG -40%, MAG +30% to user

Edea's Valkyrie [BSSB, +10 MAG] - 8 single-target Ice/Dark magic attacks, En-Ice, Burst Mode
Attack -> 3~6 single-target Ice/Dark magic attacks, number of hits is dependent on user's MAG
Defend -> 2 AOE Ice/Dark magic attacks, MAG +30% & DEF -30%

Fujin's Shin-Chakram [BSSB, +10 MAG] - 5 AOE Wind/NE magic attacks, Instant Cast, MAG & RES -40%, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Wind/NE magic attacks, 0.825s CT
Defend -> Single-target Wind/NE magic attack, 0.825s CT, RES -30%

Zell's Tiger Fangs [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Fire/NE physical attacks, En-Fire, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Fire/NE physical attacks
Defend -> 3 single-target Fire/NE ranged physical attacks, Monk Damage +15% for 3 turns

Irvine's Randall Longbarrel [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 random Fire/NE ranged physical attacks, Imperil Fire, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Fire/NE ranged physical attacks, 0.825s CT
Defend -> 2 single-target Fire/NE ranged physical attacks, Smart Ether 1

Kiros's Katal [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Dark/Ice physical attacks, ATK & MAG +30% to party, Burst Mode
Attack -> Single-target Dark/Ice physical attack, 0.825s CT, DEF -40%
Defend -> Single-target Dark/Ice physical attack, 0.825s CT, RES -50%

Rinoa's Arm Warmers [LMR, +10 MAG] - MAG +1% with each BLK hit, up to 20%
Edea's Sorceress's Crown+ [LMR, +10 MAG] - When using Ice abilities, 35% chance to grant user Quick Cast 1
Fujin's Bracers [LMR, +10 MAG] - En-Wind for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Zell's Jacket [LMR, +10 ATK] - Critical = 50% for 25 seconds at start of battle

And yes, Squall's USB2 is an Ice boost sword this time.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
So I wasn't gonna pull on this banner at all cuz ive never chased after OK relics, idk i think his gimmicky nature just kinda put me off even though I've managed to secure a few of his things incidentally (OSB, SSB) but in commemoration of the first banner with no SSBs and the hope of maybe picking up something for refia, I made a single pull

Where do I get onion motes again???

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

fridge corn posted:

Where do I get onion motes again???

The accompanying event drops a bunch, also seen some in the fat bird store.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

fat chocobo sells them in the gyshal shop

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Finally, FINALLY cleared sealion as my first magicite. 36s too, could probably get sub 30 with minimal tweaking.

Terra has her usb and osb, bartz has his usb and onion kid had his brand spanking new magic USB.

Finally feel like these things are feasible.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Speaking of record diving - which of his...subclasses? (knight, warrior etc) should I train on onion? Or is this a thing where I'll get all of them eventually?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Avalerion posted:

Speaking of record diving - which of his...subclasses? (knight, warrior etc) should I train on onion? Or is this a thing where I'll get all of them eventually?

You'll likely hit all of them. The 3* ones you get so many motes for its not an issue but the 4* ones you'll have to prioritize. The ones to prioritize are Viking (Only 5* support use in FF3 atm), Gladiator (5* combat means lifesiphon and omega drive) and black mage (Onion knight is a good black mage when equipped right).

Slightly less important is Ninja (Ninja Magic is great with onion knights high magic stat. Celerity, less so) and white mage (ff3 has 2 white mages already).

Save Sage as the very last option because it doesn't unlock any new abilities, just stat upgrades. You'll only need it when you're ready to legend dive.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

I went 2/11 on the Onion banner with an Arc LMR and a dupe Refia BSB.

Never Pull.

But I have 25 Mythril left over and make bad decisions so let's pull on the realm dungeon lucky.

Curilla USB
Kimahri USB
2x Zeid BSB
2x Jecht LMR

Always Pull.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I actually considered farming up mythril to try get another refia relic to go with her materia - but I’m probably better off just saving that at this point. On the hand ok usb means I won’t have to chase Ramza’s shout+ on that tactics banner...

Think I see how people get hooked on this kind of gatcha crap, pulling (especially if you get something cool) is weirdly fun. :D

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Gambling owns when you win and sucks when you lose

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
2/11. Onion usb sword and arc lmr.

Shoulda stopped buuut.

1/11 CoD usb.
1/11 Aria bsb.
3/11 Aria bsb. Ingus bsb2. Onion lmr.

Glad I got the cape but drat I spent all my mythril.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Spikey posted:

Curilla USB
Kimahri USB
2x Zeid BSB
2x Jecht LMR

Always Pull.

:thunk:

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
If you have Tidus' CSB Kimahri's USB is fine, he's just really gonna need to either use his BSB/Wrath/Waterga to contribute after that.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

ApplesandOranges posted:

If you have Tidus' CSB Kimahri's USB is fine, he's just really gonna need to either use his BSB/Wrath/Waterga to contribute after that.

When one of your better contributing options is Waterga, things are pretty dire.

He'd probably be better off using this Support access for Breakdowns, but it's still really awkward.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I mean it's in a better state than Snow is til we get Icicle Rush.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Pulled 7 times, got a complete Onion child

I need to stop whaling on this dumb gacha phone game

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
thank you for continuing to support the rest of us who play completely for free

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

ApplesandOranges posted:

I mean it's in a better state than Snow is til we get Icicle Rush.

But considerably worse as soon as that happens. Meanwhile there's nothing in sight for Kimahri, at least for 6 months.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Attestant posted:

But considerably worse as soon as that happens. Meanwhile there's nothing in sight for Kimahri, at least for 6 months.

Truly he is the tiniest Ronso.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I got onion physical USB!

It looks like I can actually run him as a full damage dealer alongside another support ?

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Can't see the words Sage mode without thinking of stupid Naruto.

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005
Dualcasting sage Onion Knight got me a sub-30 Bismarck:

Vanille: healer
OK: Chain Thundaga, USB
Ashe: BSB
Alph: SSB, Lightning summons
Shelke: Entrust bot

Good ol' radiant shield still does some work here I think, as Bismarck packs a punch.

Just got Liquid Flame left. I'm experimenting with a no-healer run that might be close:
Yuffie: USB
Ramza: BSB2, Tailwind
Bartz: Water BSB, full dive
Tidus: BSB1
Shelke: Entrust bot

I'm using the boost RW, but I've got no shell anywhere (Tailwind gives me protect). A counter Fire basically ends the run. I'm wondering if I swap out Ramza for Mifilia and her SSB, I'd be swapping Protect and some healing for Last Stand; zero mitigation whatsoever.

Philouza fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jan 11, 2018

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Looked at the banner this morning, realized there are still like 6 relics I'd like (3/4 LMRs, Ingus, OK pUSB, Aria) and decided one more YOLO pull if I got lucky doing crystal dailies. First stage I get a 2/3 power crystal run. Well poo poo.

Did my pull, got 3/11 plus a disco!! Annnnnnnnd it was CoD USB, Aria BSB and 3rd Refia BSB. I can't complain, 2 non dupes on a banner with half the relics isn't bad. CM poo poo of course, but maybe CoD could be something. I'd have preferred her LMR though.

One pull planned on Water, then saving up for Orlandeau and fest.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

:stare:

Well I picked the right banner to end my bad luck streak on. Two USBs from two singles.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Cloud and Lightning will never be able to use 6* spellblade abilities even if you dive them to unlock 5* abilities, right?

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Yup, since they lack the job mote access.

I think that's the part of the reason they finally released a 5* Wind Quadstrike in Japan's latest fest along with his new Wind stuff. Can't have Cloud keep focusing on Wind without a single target wind ability.

The exception are the Nightmare abilities (Combat, Celerity, Support, Black, White, Summon). Any character who gets access to 5* via Record Dives for those gets automatic access to 6* abilities, assuming you've completed the Nightmares of course.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Flavahbeast posted:

Cloud and Lightning will never be able to use 6* spellblade abilities even if you dive them to unlock 5* abilities, right?

Unless something changes in the future, correct. But this only applies to the secondary skills. As soon as you dive someone to get 5* magic or combat abilities they get access to 6* abilities if you've beat the appropriate nightmare.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Alright so seriously what do I do with OK now that I have his physical USB? I's basically a Shout on steroids and while that owns and I LD'd him I'm still not sure exactly what his role should be. I normally use his BSB and command 2 and spec him for magic so I can still do that but his USB doesn't seem to do a lot more for me than what I currently have. Am I missing something? Should I be looking at crafting and honing Dervish or something?

Also I am over the moon about getting CoD USB. I LD'd it and honed up Dark Zone to R3 just so I can spam it and have all those rad chasers. I can also probably get an easy sub 30 on Mist Dragon with it but I haven't tried it yet. I had to blow all my stamina on the Wisdom mote dungeon to get enough of those to unlock its LD.

I have CoD BSB too which I dearly love because it's a Radiant Shield for mages. :woop:

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Elephant Ambush posted:

Alright so seriously what do I do with OK now that I have his physical USB? I's basically a Shout on steroids and while that owns and I LD'd him I'm still not sure exactly what his role should be. I normally use his BSB and command 2 and spec him for magic so I can still do that but his USB doesn't seem to do a lot more for me than what I currently have. Am I missing something? Should I be looking at crafting and honing Dervish or something?

Also I am over the moon about getting CoD USB. I LD'd it and honed up Dark Zone to R3 just so I can spam it and have all those rad chasers. I can also probably get an easy sub 30 on Mist Dragon with it but I haven't tried it yet. I had to blow all my stamina on the Wisdom mote dungeon to get enough of those to unlock its LD.

I have CoD BSB too which I dearly love because it's a Radiant Shield for mages. :woop:

I didn't get this USB so take this with a grain of salt, but from what I've read and would guess, his physical USB don't really warrant the LD itself. You're using him more for the extra freedom and utility he brings as the one stop shop for physical teams. Basically, use his USB and then either make him an entrust bot or your de facto white mage for maximum effectiveness. Load up the rest of your team with top DPS options and you shouldn't need any or many other buffs on top of that plus magicite passives/armor boosts.

You could use him as a celerity spamming machine, but the speed buff applies to anything, so he can be used in so many roles. Plus, I may have read the build up doesn't reset when you recast, but I could be wrong on that one.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

1) Does his pUSB stack with TGC RM in a meaningful way? Or is it diminishing returns?

2) Would it be worth it to give him and shelke battleforged/ace striker, then have shelke do wrath-wrath-entrust on OK so OK can pUSB first turn and then be a more efficient entrust bot? (versus giving him MM, pUSB, then LS/wrath and entrusting?)

3) I have plenty of OK gear (pUSB, OSB, BBS, both SSBs) and can hone up pretty much any ability I want to right now. Should I maybe gear him for attack instead of entrustbotting? I could hone up celerity stuff, or LS to juggle his BSB and pUSB, maybe with an SSB thrown in for the stacking -DEF.

I want to try a FAST-FAST-FAST non-elemental (non magicite obv) gimmick lineup...

Noctis (SSB, LMR, LD) - Lifesiphon to build SSB charge, omega drive when ready to murder
OK (pUSB, BSB, SSBs, LD) - Lifesiphon to build pUSB, Leaping Rush or Dervish when ready to murder
Rikku (USB, BSB, LMR, LD) - USB, Breakdances as applicable
Relm (USB, BSB, LMR, LD) - Heals as applicable

Not sure about 5th member.
Zell - has self-buffing SSB, can use lifebane. BSB is sadly redundant given pUSB.
Fran - BSB, SSB, can breakdown.
Shelke - can feed Noctis infinity instant turn SSBs or Relm's USBs, my favorite strategy
Lightning - can give her powerchain and full charge

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

The buildup resets if the EX-Mode ends but not if you recast the USB. Given that Onion Bro will be going at Mach 4 he should have no problem upkeeping that though even without using something like Lifesiphon or Ace Striker.

As far as options for him go: If you already LDed him, Dervish is super potent. It already has a fast cast speed and Onion will have chances to double cast it (and double casts do actually stack up the cast speed bonus from the EX-Mode) so he'll be making GBS threads out damage limited mostly by your hones. Leaping Rush is another cheapter orb option but you'll wanna wait for that one for when it gets buffed so that it doesn't take an asinine amount of actions to ramp up. Quick Hit is also there but given it's innately instant you sort of lose one of the big benefits of the EX-Mode unless you use Quick Hit to rocket up your cast speed for something else.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Pander posted:

1) Does his pUSB stack with TGC RM in a meaningful way? Or is it diminishing returns?

2) Would it be worth it to give him and shelke battleforged/ace striker, then have shelke do wrath-wrath-entrust on OK so OK can pUSB first turn and then be a more efficient entrust bot? (versus giving him MM, pUSB, then LS/wrath and entrusting?)

3) I have plenty of OK gear (pUSB, OSB, BBS, both SSBs) and can hone up pretty much any ability I want to right now. Should I maybe gear him for attack instead of entrustbotting? I could hone up celerity stuff, or LS to juggle his BSB and pUSB, maybe with an SSB thrown in for the stacking -DEF.

I want to try a FAST-FAST-FAST non-elemental (non magicite obv) gimmick lineup...

Noctis (SSB, LMR, LD) - Lifesiphon to build SSB charge, omega drive when ready to murder
OK (pUSB, BSB, SSBs, LD) - Lifesiphon to build pUSB, Leaping Rush or Dervish when ready to murder
Rikku (USB, BSB, LMR, LD) - USB, Breakdances as applicable
Relm (USB, BSB, LMR, LD) - Heals as applicable

Not sure about 5th member.
Zell - has self-buffing SSB, can use lifebane. BSB is sadly redundant given pUSB.
Fran - BSB, SSB, can breakdown.
Shelke - can feed Noctis infinity instant turn SSBs or Relm's USBs, my favorite strategy
Lightning - can give her powerchain and full charge

I think you may have to be a pioneer for some of this.

1) I would bet thundergod mode would be better used given to another teammate for max team speed.
2) I bet this could work out, but the question is what is the ideal circumstance. If you have his LMR, this is probably a much stronger option, but then again, having Shelke would mean one less DPS option.
3) He's probably a bit redundant with Rikku. If those are your strongest physical guys, doesn't look like you have the ideal people to work it, yet. Maybe if you have Bartz LDed and Flare Strike with his USB for quick casting.

Anyway, the theoretical max potential is supposedly when the OP ninja abilities are buffed to 7 hits and you can basically poo poo out like 50-70k damage per cast and with LDs, often w-cast.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

I pulled twice and went 3/22 OK pUSB OK LMR and Refia LMR. Wish I would have got the sUSB too but this is still awesome except I've always used OK as a sage with his BSB. Getting the LMR rocks though since I also have Tyro's that does the same thing.

Refia also has her BSB so this is great for 100 mythril. I have a lot of farming to do now over time to get more abilities honed up and I need motes to LD OK.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I'm horribly hamstringed by 4* Vitality Motes right now. I have something stupid like 300+ 4* Bravery Motes and one single 4* Vitality.

This is especially irritating because it's stopping me from giving Onion Bro his 5* ability access on the physical half. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Managed to get Hydra down to 28s thanks to today's event. Not the cleanest kill, but not too shabby for a team with no LMs outside of OK's LMR.

I'm still really pleased with how well Ingus' BSB1 has held up. I'd still have preferred Gladio's so I can combo with Dawnhammer (and Gladio gets a W-cast Knight LMR down the road), but an Enearth entry with a stacking buff and commands to help max out Earthbringer means that it's got a lot of staying power.

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jan 11, 2018

• Locked thread