Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I need a Switch immediately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Pablo Gigante posted:

you need it a year ago

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

you need it a year ago

I know :(

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
yyyyesss camelot’s new mario tennis is gonna have the rpg story mode, ftw

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Oh Ys VIII is coming to Switch too.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HolePisser1982 posted:

yyyyesss camelot’s new mario tennis is gonna have the rpg story mode, ftw

loving Awesome

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I'm calling them Wintendo

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

elf help book posted:

hyrule warriors with all the content on a console is something i exactly wanted

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Adventure mode is really fun

Yeah I have never gotten into any other musou game but I probably put 80 hours into this game on 3DS lol, and I never even played the last DLC pack . It was weird to me that the 3DS version had a bunch of extra content but was missing multiplayer, i'll be happy to buy this again with all of the above + good graphics

goferchan fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Jan 11, 2018

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

goferchan posted:

Yeah I have never gotten into any other musky game but I probably put 80 hours into this game on 3DS lol, and I never even played the last DLC pack . It was weird to me that the 3DS version had a bunch of extra content but was missing multiplayer, i'll be happy to buy this again with all of the above + good graphics

i never played it, i was waiting on getting the wii u version and then they announced the 3ds one with more stuff and didnt want to play a warriors game on 3ds

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

after seeing linkle how could i get the wii u version

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

holy loving poo poo

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

elf help book posted:

i never played it, i was waiting on getting the wii u version and then they announced the 3ds one with more stuff and didnt want to play a warriors game on 3ds

It's really good and honestly works great as a portable game because there are 2970 different missions to do that all take like 10 mins each. Of course i'm sure it shines as a home console game with local MP as well....... and now it's both ...... oh Nintendo you beautiful bastards

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
SNK's making a new all-girl fighting game for Switch, it's too good

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

you guys are in luck, switch stock should be plentiful. buy one immediately if not sooner

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

P-Mack posted:

A lot of bitching about how these games already came out on Wii U from people who have never owned a Wii U.

tbh i kinda wish i havent bought a wii u cause i could have bought a switch with that saved money :qq:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The spider helper in kirby is adorable

edit: so is the water one

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I never got a wii u :/

the only Nintendo console I don't own

it makes sense for then to re release stuff for switch. it's gonna outsell the lifetime span of wii u in a whole year

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

elf help book posted:

after seeing linkle how could i get the wii u version

Linkle is probably the strongest character in the game too

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Pablo Gigante posted:

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
Nintendo is God

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
after 9000 years of hearing its amazing, im finally gonna play TWEWY

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Never played twewy but wanted to, this is awesome news.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

twewy rules

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
1 year later: Yeah pretty much only played PUBG switch after that came out, but ill pick up twewy in a sale fo sho

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

so hype for Ys VIII and twewy right now

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I think 2 screens is vital to TWEWY gameplay so I'm not too hyped on the port

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

That Odyssey update looks really cool too and it's coming next month , I love the idea of player-created scavenger hunts and time trials and it seems like they went all-in with the ranking system and stuff. Didn't Gravity Rush 2 do something similar,

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I think 2 screens is vital to TWEWY gameplay so I'm not too hyped on the port

lol I always get crucified in here for saying it but I've played through the game both on DS and iOS and the single screen controls on the latter work really well. I don't know if they're preferable but if you've never played the DS version you won't know what you're missing, they reworked it to feel very natural. It's almost worth it for the better sprites and much much higher quality music

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Do you still control both characters? How does the puck passing mechanic work on a single screen?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Do you still control both characters? How does the puck passing mechanic work on a single screen?

Puck passing isn't in the mobile version, doesn't look like it's in the Switch version either

Going by the trailer it looks like you'll still control your partner with buttons and Neku with touch on the Switch version (which isn't how the mobile version works), but they also said something about joycon controls being a new option

You can see the button inputs on the screen here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_u7g5BlfiY&t=56s

Harrow fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jan 11, 2018

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
i hope switch games keep adding easy/assist modes, ppl with disabilities and tiny rear end kids shouldnt be denied the nintendo Win

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

they're going to make me buy Hyrule Warriors at full price for the third time and there's still no Groose

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Is Funky Kong now the strongest Kong of all time?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Harrow posted:

Puck passing isn't in the mobile version, doesn't look like it's in the Switch version either

Fail

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

mabels big day posted:

Is Funky Kong now the strongest Kong of all time?

he looks op

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The other character basically works like an extra pin with its own gesture and you increase sync rate by alternating between attacking with them & attacking with Neku. You play weird card minigames depending on the partner during battle when you go into fusion mode, it's pretty different .I'll concede that it's not as cool as the puck system but it's still fun and a surprising amount of effort for a phone port. There's also some balance changes , some new pins , and some nice things like the ability to get mingle PP in Tin Pin Slammer which I assume they'll carry over to Switch since there's no Streetpass (or whatever the DS equiv was)

Oh and with the better music I don't just mean sound quality -- a lot of the tracks on the DS were trunucated versions of the originals that would loop early because of storage limitations , but the entire tracks are in Solo Remix. Plus five or six new songs

edit: yeah Switch will have button + touch so I'm guessing it'll be some hybrid between the mobile and DS versions

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Puck passing was how you built your combo and the only way to do any real dmg in later chapters, removing it is a serious fail in my eyes. It'll just seem like another action rpg without it

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/951476336165576704

Kirby SA ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soral
May 30, 2009