Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Should be called Dark Souls Rekindled or something, geez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

MMF Freeway posted:

This thing I saw says 30fps for Switch but I don't actually know where it came from.

Interesting. Not sure why they'd claim "improved framerate" in their tweet, given that 30 fps was the target for the original game, though I guess "we're actually going to meet that target this time" is technically improved.

Tough choice, then. Handheld Dark Souls, or 60 fps Dark Souls (presumably without the bugs the 60 fps PC patch causes)...

Jay Rust posted:

Should be called Dark Souls Rekindled or something, geez

Missed opportunity, I'd say

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

if it maintains a solid 30fps without dips then it still would be an improved framerate

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Harrow posted:

Interesting. Not sure why they'd claim "improved framerate" in their tweet, given that 30 fps was the target for the original game, though I guess "we're actually going to meet that target this time" is technically improved.

Tough choice, then. Handheld Dark Souls, or 60 fps Dark Souls (presumably without the bugs the 60 fps PC patch causes)...

Missed opportunity, I'd say

They probably mean the framerate is consistent. If it runs at a consistent 30fps throughout it'd still be a big improvement over the original releases

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Darkest Souls.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

also it's kind of apples and oranges but if they're working on the graphics i'm holding out hope they might tweak the bloom in lost izalith so my eyes don't melt out of my skull

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Jay Rust posted:

Which video game settings would you read a novel about?

Dante's Inferno

In Training posted:

Today I found the greatest video game of all time. I used a urinal in a Sega arcade and there's a screen and sensor above the toilet. There's a busty cartoon weather reporter lady, and the longer you piss, the more of her clothes blow off, and then at the end you get a score for much you peed and it has leaderboards.

Isn't this in one of the new Yakuza games

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

There's a PC mod for that

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'm interested in the "1-6 players" blurb, because that could mean a lot of different things:

- They brought over Dark Souls 3's system where various invader phantoms will just keep fuckin coming even if there's one already in your game world, so you could end up with pretty crazy amounts of people running around

- They changed the maximum number of fighters in the pvp arena mode in the DLC, which would be pretty neat

- They didn't change how the multiplayer actually works, just put in more slots so you can have the theoretical maximum that was already there in the original (yourself, two summoned pals, a red invader, a forest invader, and a darkmoon bluecop in the darkroot garden specifically)

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I'm also seeing people say dedicated servers too. That, combined with the increased multiplayer limit, has me pretty excited. Not just because the renewed player base is gonna make those features particularly amazing for co-op and pvp, but the fact that they are willing to make changes like that gives me hope that they might make other changes to the game itself. From there the possibilities are endless (yes I am setting myself up for disappointment)

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

if it maintains a solid 30fps without dips then it still would be an improved framerate

glam rock hamhock posted:

They probably mean the framerate is consistent. If it runs at a consistent 30fps throughout it'd still be a big improvement over the original releases

Yeah, that's what I meant, I guess. If they actually hit the target consistently that's technically an improvement over every version but the PC one.

I might still end up going for the Switch version because 60 fps is cool and all, but I don't actually care too strongly about going higher than 30 fps for anything other than the fastiest, twitchiest action games, and I don't have a TV or monitor that can display the game at higher than 1080p anyway.

MMF Freeway posted:

I'm also seeing people say dedicated servers too. That, combined with the increased multiplayer limit, has me pretty excited. Not just because the renewed player base is gonna make those features particularly amazing for co-op and pvp, but the fact that they are willing to make changes like that gives me hope that they might make other changes to the game itself. From there the possibilities are endless (yes I am setting myself up for disappointment)

Yep, dedicated servers are mentioned in Nintendo's announcement, so that's pretty much confirmed.

I wouldn't hold out much hope for content or balance changes, though if they did decide to fix up Lost Izalith I sure wouldn't complain.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
My late night public access show Souls: After Dark

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

did dark souls 1 have an arena in the dlc? i don't remember that

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Souls Darker Than Death or Night.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

shark souls

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Cowcaster posted:

Yeah but no one used it really.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

not the animal, but a portmanteau of shart and dark

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

It did but it was kind of dumb if I remember correctly. I think it also tried to force a level range for matchmaking that went counter to the one the wider PvP community was using, which might be why it wasn't very popular.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

No one used it

e: beaten like a dark souls newbie taking on havel

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Cowcaster posted:

Yeah it did, it was awesome and you could get a big glowing crown over your head

edit: But also it was pretty out of the way, near endgame levels, in the middle of the dlc, and required beating one of the harder bosses to get to, so it wasn't nearly as easy to find and access as Dark Souls 2's arenas are.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

oh poo poo right it was up in the hallway above where artorias was i remember now, that completely slipped my mind

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

After playing Nioh at 60fps, I think I will get this Dark Souls remaster for PC. Good thing I've put off playing this game for the past six years

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Dark Souls: Lost Izalith is Still Unfinished Edition

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Shark Shoals: Prepare to Dive Edition

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

VideoGames posted:

Shark Shoals: Prepare to Dive Edition

:golfclap:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Wow, everyone's talking about Dark Souls but missing the real news:

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze CONFIRMED FOR SWITCH

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I will buy the best Souls game (tied with Bloodborne) thrice this year.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Bad Seafood posted:

Dark Souls: Lost Izalith is Still Unfinished Edition

I am hype for 4k dragon butts.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Healbot posted:

I will buy the best Souls game (tied with Bloodborne) thrice this year.

Nioh isn't even on three platforms

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Maybe they will make the third asylum demon palette-swap strong against fire this time.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Still waiting on that Demon's Souls remaster.

It's a little bit bizarre to me how Sony still hasn't done anything with "The ORIGINAL©™ Souls game," which should be the easiest thing in the world to market for a console that staked its claim on Bloodborne.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I 100%ed Tropical Freeze minus the mirror mode/time trial/hard mode stuff and have no need or desire to ever boot up that game ever again.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Souls megami tensei: Dark

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Dork Quarrels

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Unrelated to Souls chat, game 6 down for 2018, Hue, which I think was free on PS+ a while back? Really cute, fun puzzles, and it doesn't overstay its welcome which is always appreciated. Solid recommendation. I've had a Metroidvania-style platformer RPG in my head for a really long time that uses a similar gimmick so it was kind of inspirational to see another developer take on the same concept in their own way. I really need to start working on that again.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Kinda digging the graphical approach they're taking with the Dark Souls remaster

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

siegmeyer of catarina lookin good

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

"Bah, no good. My hat would spin."

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Siegmeyer but his ums and ahhs are replaced by wahoos and ow-wow-wow-wows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Jay Rust posted:

Siegmeyer but his ums and ahhs are replaced by wahoos and ow-wow-wow-wows

Just imagine Charles Martinet going "Hmmm, ha! Closed... ha ha! Hmmm...Still a-closed! Ha haaa!" :3:

• Locked thread