Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BEST KONG
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 76 6.13%
Diddie Kong 75 6.05%
Dixie Kong 84 6.77%
Lankey Kong 129 10.40%
Funky Kong 189 15.24%
Mario 198 15.97%
Tiny Kony 65 5.24%
Candy Kong 61 4.92%
Chunky Kong 89 7.18%
Cranky Kong 125 10.08%
Wrinkley Kong (R.I.P.) :qq: 149 12.02%
Total: 719 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
victrix
Oct 30, 2007

This game has some super chill music

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hemoptysis
Jan 4, 2007

y-y-YAY
:ohdear:
:woop:

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
mr. flower, you have job!

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

DizzyBum posted:

The incentive itself was fine (I think it was Majora's Mask blindfolded or something?) but they grossly overestimated how many bits would be coming in. Pretty sure they hit the deadline at like 3 million out of 5 million bits, and that was over the course of the entire marathon.

And now there are no bits incentives.

Yeah, bits were such a failed experiment and we're all better off for it too honestly.

Nates Helvetica
Nov 30, 2017
Edit: Nevermind. Someone answered already.

Some 22 years later and I'm still mad about Secret of Evermore. I know we didn't get it instead of Seiken Densetsu 3 - technically - but it's still such a bad game. Seeing a speedrun of all the crappiness in that game doesn't make me like it anymore, but at least it justifies my long standing disappointment in that game.

Nates Helvetica fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jan 11, 2018

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Oh poo poo I almost missed SoE! They're early I think

Just finished Arabian Nights stream+chat thread experience. I can't believe all of that happened.

hemoptysis
Jan 4, 2007

y-y-YAY
poo poo does anyone know how much to donate for the dog plush? :ohdear: im assuming its during this game because, welp, its the toaster dog but i cant see what the amount is

i need this thing

edit: nm it just showed up on the tracker, 20 bux

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Spikevegeta does local theater stuff, Iirc including musicals

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

timp posted:

Just finished Arabian Nights stream+chat thread experience. I can't believe all of that happened.

It really is something that needs to be experienced to be believed.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

timp posted:

i almost can't believe it either.

if you want a rad gang tag to commemorate the event, look in the slow thread

hemoptysis
Jan 4, 2007

y-y-YAY
BOY

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
This game's soundtrack feels like it's on another level above other SNES soundtracks. I don't mean to necessarily say it's better, but it just feels more produced, atmospheric, and thoughful than most other SNES soundtracks. I'm sure being near the end of the SNES's lifespan helped a lot but I also just think they found a really talented guy to write it

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Going on a fast dog walk with your dumb dog, the speedrun.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
HEY! Did they ever explain why OBB won as the character name? I've been asking for days and nobody in the thread ever knew

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

gonna post my hot take on this game here: I played through this and mostly enjoyed it but only with cheats because the SoM fighting system is absolute and 100% total rear end. I do not want to wait for like a second or two for my power to "recharge" to 100% before I can hit a lovely early game enemy again or all my poo poo will only do 0 or 1 damage. How anyone could enjoy that is beyond me. Play Chrono Trigger or something if you want an actual good RPG ok thanks bye.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Kay

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

abraxas posted:

gonna post my hot take on this game here: I played through this and mostly enjoyed it but only with cheats because the SoM fighting system is absolute and 100% total rear end. I do not want to wait for like a second or two for my power to "recharge" to 100% before I can hit a lovely early game enemy again or all my poo poo will only do 0 or 1 damage. How anyone could enjoy that is beyond me. Play Chrono Trigger or something if you want an actual good RPG ok thanks bye.

I'd much rather wait a couple seconds between hits than get whisked away into a new screen every fight. If you add the time up I'm sure you spend waaaay more time fighting in a game like Chrono Trigger or certainly a Final Fantasy game

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
A gift for you, speedfriends

hemoptysis
Jan 4, 2007

y-y-YAY

timp posted:

This game's soundtrack feels like it's on another level above other SNES soundtracks. I don't mean to necessarily say it's better, but it just feels more produced, atmospheric, and thoughful than most other SNES soundtracks. I'm sure being near the end of the SNES's lifespan helped a lot but I also just think they found a really talented guy to write it

its jeremy soule who did a lot more video game soundtracks. its a pretty unique soundtrack bc of all its amiga-esque samples and overall like... dark ambient feel

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

I Greyhound posted:

hemoptysis
Jan 4, 2007

y-y-YAY

I Greyhound posted:

holy poo poo

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I Greyhound posted:

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

I Greyhound posted:

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
I love SoE and Manas combat, so there! Alchemy is cool too

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

I Greyhound posted:

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

hemoptysis posted:

its jeremy soule who did a lot more video game soundtracks. its a pretty unique soundtrack bc of all its amiga-esque samples and overall like... dark ambient feel

Including the Elder Scrolls games, right? I forgot about that! Totally explains it - it really reminds me of Skyrim's soundtrack and, well, no poo poo, it's the same drat guy!

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
ok this guys explanations make absolutely no loving sense. I wish fake goth chick was back.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I don't remember having to wait until after the first boss (which I got stuck on as a kid) before you get a chance to name your own dang dog

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

A big flaming stink posted:

ok this guys explanations make absolutely no loving sense. I wish fake goth chick was back.

fake? i've never seen a gother chick

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Watching this cool game with my cool dog

Musluk
May 23, 2011

I Greyhound posted:

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
is this the guy who pulls his fingernails out in re7

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I Greyhound posted:

:tipshat:

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

How was Animorphs? I couldn't stay awake past the setup after Dog's Life.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
DA BOI, this peace is what all true warriors strive for

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Wow they just skipped the whole swamp

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Dork457 posted:

How was Animorphs? I couldn't stay awake past the setup after Dog's Life.

it was nowhere near the level of Dog's Life and the preceding games, but it was an ok run with good commentary

hemoptysis
Jan 4, 2007

y-y-YAY
this is the most evil sounding song on the snes lmfao

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

So what is this secret boss stuff they're talking about?

I honestly can't tell if they're bullshitting or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hemoptysis
Jan 4, 2007

y-y-YAY

Ramos posted:

So what is this secret boss stuff they're talking about?

I honestly can't tell if they're bullshitting or not.

theyre bullshitting, they skipped like a giant chunk of the game

• Locked thread