Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Did the building just throw a chair at him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SafetyTrain
Nov 26, 2012

Bringing a knife to a bear fight

Solice Kirsk posted:

Did the building just throw a chair at him?

Hostile architecture in action.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I've just found out there's apparently a NEW VIRAL CRAZE that those wacky teens are doing.

Apparently the new "challenge" is eating a laundry pod.

I wish I could be surprised but after the "let me set myself on fire" and "let me throw boiling water in the air" challenges, this isn't really surprising to me.

CerealCrunch
Jun 23, 2007

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I've just found out there's apparently a NEW VIRAL CRAZE that those wacky teens are doing.

I wish I could be surprised but after the "let me set myself on fire" and "let me throw boiling water in the air" challenges, this isn't really surprising to me.

Take the hemlock challenge!

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

CerealCrunch posted:

Take the hemlock challenge!

Where would you even buy hemlock these days?

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

SafetyTrain posted:

Hostile architecture in action.

It’s not called brutalism for nothing!

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Memento posted:

He's seriously suing so that he can "well, actually" one of the biggest companies in the world.

Bits from the actual lawsuit:

quote:

Google furnishes a large number of internal mailing lists catering to employees with alternative lifestyles, including furries, polygamy, transgenderism, and plurality, for the purpose of discussing sexual topics. The only lifestyle that seems to not be openly discussed on Google’s internal forums is traditional heterosexual monogamy.

For instance, an employee who sexually identifies as ‘a yellow-scaled wingless dragonkin’ and ‘an expansive ornate building’ presented a talk entitled ‘Living as a Plural Being’ at an internal company event

Salt the earth.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Imagine the HR problem they're going to have if they hire someone who identifies as a knight who must slay yellow-scaled wingless dragons.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I really hoped you were joking, but nope. Once again, I'm left wondering if I'm the weird one, because the article opens with "You shouldn’t eat Tide Pods, despite the memes. But it’s not weird to want to." Isn't it? I would have said it's very weird to want to eat soap.

quote:

Admit it: don’t you kind of want to know what a Tide Pod tastes like?
No. Pretty sure they've got a strong soapy taste. I don't feel the need to confirm this.

quote:

The desire to taste Tide Pods, even as a joke, is the same one that makes people curious about drinking shampoo or eating bath bombs
I have never felt either of those desires.

Have these people never accidentally got a soap bubble in their mouth? Was that not enough to put them off the whole concept of eating soap?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Phanatic posted:

Salt the earth.

Please don't make me root for the "I'm autistic therefore women can't be programmers" guy.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Sunswipe posted:

I really hoped you were joking, but nope. Once again, I'm left wondering if I'm the weird one, because the article opens with "You shouldn’t eat Tide Pods, despite the memes. But it’s not weird to want to." Isn't it? I would have said it's very weird to want to eat soap.
No. Pretty sure they've got a strong soapy taste. I don't feel the need to confirm this.

Have these people never accidentally got a soap bubble in their mouth? Was that not enough to put them off the whole concept of eating soap?

I'm going to make a fortune marketing all-natural Tide Pods:

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Sunswipe posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sumb3GYuAT8

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Sunswipe posted:

I think it's safe to say that's because your brain is fully developed.

Speaking of people with underdeveloped brains, though: Nigel Farage wants another Brexit referendum

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
A formerly goon-operated candy shop is making candies that look like laundry pods. This is how bad it has gotten.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9frAfYl_dw

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

I think it's safe to say that's because your brain is fully developed.

Speaking of people with underdeveloped brains, though: Nigel Farage wants another Brexit referendum

This is from 2016.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

biracial bear for uncut posted:

From the magic garden, duh.
https://www.magicgardenseeds.com/Ethnobotanicals/Poison-Hemlock-(Conium-maculatum)-A.CON01-

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

SpacePig posted:

A formerly goon-operated candy shop is making candies that look like laundry pods. This is how bad it has gotten.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9frAfYl_dw

Hahaha that’s awesome

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

This is from 2016.

Like I said, speaking of people with underdeveloped brains... I should have looked more closely at the date.

Schad coming from inside the thread, blah blah blah.

Edit: Here's a new article from just this morning. Farage Backs fresh Brexit Referendum

Zamboni Rodeo has a new favorite as of 16:58 on Jan 11, 2018

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

biracial bear for uncut posted:

It grows wild in a lot of places, sometimes people will mistake it for wild carrots and nearly kill themselves.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Phanatic posted:

Salt the earth.

Is this real? I googled it and all I get is poo poo like breitbart and infowars

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I sexually identify as a credible news source so you have to respect that.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Sunswipe posted:

This seems to be a compelling argument for using some sort of weapon instead of a bare fist.

Hit soft parts with your hand. Hit hard parts with an implement.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

U-DO Burger posted:

Is this real? I googled it and all I get is poo poo like breitbart and infowars

The lawsuit's up on Scribd.

https://www.scribd.com/document/368689407/Damore-vs-Google-Class-Action-Lawsuit#fullscreen&from_embed

Screenshot:
https://imgur.com/4XP7P4V

New York magazine isn't poo poo like Brietbart and Infowars.

http://nymag.com/selectall/2018/01/most-interesting-parts-of-james-damores-class-action-filing.html

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Sunswipe posted:

Or, apparently, none of these people were foul-mouthed as children. (I was, but not always intentionally.)

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

SiKboy posted:

Hit soft parts with your hand. Hit hard parts with an implement.

Does the throat count as soft?

Actually, I wonder why more people don't do throat punches to start off instead of just smacking the jaw. You can have an iron jaw, but nothing will stop you from dropping from getting hit in the neck. Is it a fear of a murder charge?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

chitoryu12 posted:

Actually, I wonder why more people don't do throat punches to start off instead of just smacking the jaw. You can have an iron jaw, but nothing will stop you from dropping from getting hit in the neck. Is it a fear of a murder charge?

Realistically because it's really hard to hit someone in the neck. Most strikes can be blocked by lowering your chin.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
The dragon thing is weird and all but I don't think it shows that White Google Man was wronged. Thank you.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

Let's ask Bas Rutten:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT3g51f25qo

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

lmao nice

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

Punching someone in the head is just a lot easier than punching them in the throat. You can straight lay someone out punching them in the jaw but it's hard. Just landing any shots that do any sort of damage is tricky enough.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Goodbye Logan.
Couldn't have happened to a nicer douchebag.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
Farewell, poo poo prince!

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

If only there were some nice, quiet place he could go to take some time and reflect. A forest, perhaps...

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
God that hair and those glasses he looks just like my elementary school librarian. She was kind of a jerk too.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Sunswipe posted:

Laundry pods ping a lot of the factors (colorful, pleasant to touch, soft texture under firm skin, possibly scented nice) our stupid-rear end lizard brains think of as 'yummy yummy in my tummy'. So it's not actually that weird to get an intrusive thought of 'eat the pod' from the stupid part of your brain, but mostly everyone knows it's not only poisonous but would taste horrible.

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

I'm going to make a fortune marketing all-natural Tide Pods:

Yeah, that's... that's the joke? That tide pods superficially resemble fruit? It's a meme where people play up their desire to eat laundry pods because it's a terrible idea.

PetraCore has a new favorite as of 19:11 on Jan 11, 2018

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
is his head photoshopped? it looks tiny

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
one day I'ma buy some spherification poo poo and make edible tide pods
that day is gonna prolly be in february