Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

You have probably already seen, but some of those new Escher heads have feathers in their hair if you want some lady crows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

moths posted:

You have probably already seen, but some of those new Escher heads have feathers in their hair if you want some lady crows.

That's a clutch idea. I need some of those bad

Booley posted:

Thoughts: I'm embarrassed to post my stuff in the same thread as you. And I just ordered all 3 FW masterclass books in the hopes of upping my game.

Don't be embarrassed, dude. We don't model shame in here.

The early stuff I painted and converted were utter garbage. It took a lot of practice to get good at it. Post your stuff, get some positive reinforcement, and keep at it. Those masterclass books are great resources for getting you inspired to pick up new techniques.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

BULBASAUR posted:

I'm 2 away from my first legal troops choice! :stoked:

Learned a lot about macro photography too. I can type up a tutorial for you if you're looking for some tips

drat this was brutal.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

I'm excited to see your first fully painted HH troop choice buddy. Welcome aboard :)

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Hixson posted:

I'm excited to see your first fully painted HH troop choice buddy. Welcome aboard :)

REPORTED

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Just kiss already.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
We smooched and it was v nice

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.

Sulecrist posted:

:refurb:

2018 :toxx: challenge!

Competitors like me and including me will solemnly :toxx: to complete, before 2019, an allied detachment. You must, at minimum, build and paint: (1) an HQ choice, (2) a Troops choice, and (3) an additional Elites, Fast Attack, or Heavy Support choice, all in the same color scheme and composed such that they can form legal HQ/Troop/etc options in Warhammer Thirty Thousand The Horus Heresy.

-this poo poo can be from the same faction (even the same Legion) as your existing army, providing that there’s something visually and/or thematically distinctive about them. E.g., forums poster Safety Factor is doing Ravenwing to add to his Dark Angels.
-the Troops choice doesn’t have to be a standard Compulsory; you can take a Special Weapons Squad or Pride-Of-The-Legion Terminators or whatever.
-if you’re doing Talons, you need to satisfy the Troops requirement with something other than Custodes.

That’s basically it. I’m just the ideas dude, someone else can formalize this.

Christ... :toxx: me for an Emperor's Children loyalist allied detachment - the composition is TBC, but likely to be an HQ, assault squad, and phoenix guard in a TBC transport.

I'll regret this.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I toxx, I get banned. I toxx again.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

BULBASAUR posted:

I'm 2 away from my first legal troops choice! :stoked:

Learned a lot about macro photography too. I can type up a tutorial for you if you're looking for some tips

Please do this. I'm trying to fix my terribad photography skills.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Here's what I'm committing to for my Allied Toxx - a super elite, highly trained, Arvus-delivered detachment of Secutarii Peltasts.

code:
++ Allied Detachment (Mechanicum: Taghmata Army List) [411pts] ++

+ HQ +

Secutarii Axiarch [80pts]: Omnispex, Photon Gauntlet, Power Fist

+ Allegiance +

Allegiance: Traitor

Legio: Taghmata Omnissiah

+ Troops +

Secutarii Peltast Phalanx [241pts]: 10x Arc Rifle, 10x Secutarii
. Secutarii Alpha: Arc Rifle

+ Fast Attack +

Crusade Fleet Arvus Lighter Orbital Shuttle [90pts]: Twin-linked Autocannon

++ Total: [411pts] ++
I might swap the Axiarch for a Magos Prime or Dominus depending on what FW tells me about whether the Axiarch is intended to be an Independent Character or not.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

I don't think I posted my beautiful full bodied haired Ahriman on SA before

I finished him up quite a while ago; but just recently went back in and did some touch up. The cape is a bit sloppy, but ehhhh I ain't fixing it

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
He looks like he means business.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.
Slack is down :derp:

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Just as we were going to discuss the piss tape.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdEQmpVIE4A

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Good, I was genuinely afraid it was just me.

SO let's talk about how the XIII is the best Legion.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

SCORIA!

Anacharis Scoria
Jan 5, 2018

The Xanophane Tyrant, The Fallen Master, Lord of the Nine Cohorts, The Apostate Magister

TKIY posted:

SCORIA!

Go gently caress yourself weakling

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

Beerdeer posted:

SO let's talk about how the XIII is the best Legion.

There is only one reason to think that; because Matt Ward said so. Not a very good reason.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Here's the list for my 2018 Allies Toxx:

quote:

WB Allies
Legiones Astartes

Zardu Layak, The Crimson Apostle 175
2 Anakatis Kul Blade-slaves 100

10 Ashen Circle Incendiaries: Iconoclast (artificer armour; power axe); 9 Ashen Circle Incendiaries; 4 × power axe 335

9 Gal Vorbak Dark Brethren: Dark Martyr (artificer armour; power fist); 8 Gal Vorbak Dark Brethren 345

Spartan Assault Tank: flare shield 350

1,305 points

Game plan: Zardu will sacrifice himself to summon a blood thirster and his blade slaves will go insane and murder my own guys.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

Hixson posted:

Here's the list for my 2018 Allies Toxx:

Game plan: Zardu will sacrifice himself to summon a blood thirster and his blade slaves will go insane and murder my own guys.

I have almost the exact same list for mine. This is either good news, or horrible news!

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I... I want to do the same thing.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Hixson posted:

I don't think I posted my beautiful full bodied haired Ahriman on SA before

I finished him up quite a while ago; but just recently went back in and did some touch up. The cape is a bit sloppy, but ehhhh I ain't fixing it

Some solid poo poo my dude

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

BULBASAUR posted:

I sudden death :toxx: for 2018. Not sure what my allies it will be, but so help me I'll do it or else you can perma ban my sorry rear end

I look forward to welcoming new poster IVYSAUR in January 2019

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Wait so who got banned over the toxx from last year?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Consult the list here.

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Jan 10, 2018

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Comrade BULBASAUR has approved an order of 100 conscripts. The war factories are starting mass production.

Only doing small batches though. 20 breachers never again.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

BULBASAUR posted:

20 breachers never again.

14 days

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Lord Twisted posted:

Wait so who got banned over the toxx from last year?

The bans all went through 1/6, you can see them in the lepers colony. 9 skulls for the skull throne.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Just as planned

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Lord Twisted posted:

Christ... :toxx: me for an Emperor's Children loyalist allied detachment - the composition is TBC, but likely to be an HQ, assault squad, and phoenix guard in a TBC transport.

I'll regret this.

Decided on a Champion with a phoenix spear, 9 palatines in an Anvillus, and a 15 man assault squad with 3 power mauls and a phoenix spear. Comes out to ~800pts which is spot on for allies I reckon.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I've decided on getting banned again. Probably.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

TTerrible posted:

How uninspired.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

TTerrible posted:

Ettin make his a perma

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I just wanted to point out I don't even play 30k, but specifically follow this thread because of the amazing paint jobs you guys pull off. Keep up the good work, nerds!

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

panascope posted:

Ettin make his a perma

Hixson is better at drop pods than you.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

Zuul the Cat posted:

I just wanted to point out I don't even play 30k, but specifically follow this thread because of the amazing paint jobs you guys pull off. Keep up the good work, nerds!

You should really try it out. You play Ad Mech in 40k, right? 30k Mechanicum basically fix all the problems they have in 40k. Plus, they look kicking rad.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
30k mechanicum are true adepts of mars. 40k mechanicum are a weak minded and feeble remnant.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I play AdMech in 40k. I probably will at some point, but no one around me plays 30k (as far as i'm aware). I'm graduating this June, so once i'm out of school and I have time to travel to tournaments, maybe i'll pick them up.

I really love the aesthetic of Mechanicum. Especially the Tech-Thralls & robots.

TTerrible posted:

30k mechanicum are true adepts of mars. 40k mechanicum are a weak minded and feeble remnant.

Really looking forward to Mechanicum coming to 40k. GIVE ME MORE ROBOTS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

TTerrible posted:

Hixson is better at drop pods than you.

Hixson doesn’t get his thrown in a tight spiral pass on third and long