Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

no_recall posted:

We're missing the german accountant whats his name again?

and the permabanned dude, then we'd have the perfect gathering once more.

Karl/matilda

Uhh seraph? also got surface detail in the permabanned camp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

The Titanic posted:

I’m gonna Star Citizen the poo poo out of this mikes lemonade tonight.

Centuries from now linguists will identify this quote as being the origination point for "Star Citizen" replacing multiple Saxon based curse words.

drat! he Star Citizened you up!

Baby, I'm gonna Star Citizen you tonight!

Dude, you smell like Star Citizen!

Streetroller
Jun 11, 2016

I'm apparently a coward for not allowing people to physically kick my rear end.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Beet Wagon posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Everything CIG is struggling to do with capital ships has already been done by Pulsar: Lost Colony

I want to love Pulsar but everytime I play it I feel like the creators read Chief O'Brien at Work and decided to see if they could make a video game out of it.

But it does do a good job of giving people who want to field test the actual working reality of sitting in a room flipping switches an idea of what they're in for during their mandatory 4 hour shift in the Idris engine room.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

TheAgent posted:

I mean you can't even call 3.0 an alpha yet, because there's it's missing probably 95% of its features

Remember all the months that passed with people on /DerekSmart meme-img “tick tock Derek!”

3.0 was coming. It would annhiliate all skeptics and usher in the dawn of vindication for all believers? Good times.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Streetroller posted:

:wtchris:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

G0RF posted:

Remember all the months that passed with people on /DerekSmart meme-img “tick tock Derek!”

3.0 was coming. It would annhiliate all skeptics and usher in the dawn of vindication for all believers?
the new switch to quarterly patches will fix everything, because the kids they hired (literally, no joking, loving literally) from Best Buy have got this on lockdown

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

That's me, screaming at the guy in the wheelchair.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

That's going to be a weird chapter to explain when you're flashing through your life with St. Peter standing over your shoulder.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Lazrin posted:

good luck coming up with a copy of that binding contract between yourself and chris

It's not iron-clad, after all.

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

THEN HE SAID..NO WAIT, LISTEN. THEN HE SAID 3.0 IS COMING OUT BY DEC 19TH 2016
:laffo:

G0RF posted:

Can you give us your hot take on 3.0 and the Squadron slice? I’m not trolling; I am interesting i your candid opinions pro or con of either or both. Outside perspectives leaven the thread and yours have always been very outside.

generally? underwhelmed, but not disappointed

it borders on disappointment only when i stop to think about the reality of how long a game like this will actually take to make vs. the race to the edge of the money cliff.

but because of that, the revenue planning has evolved (and had to) to support the ongoing indefinite development of the game. some people will be ok with that, and some won't.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Sure I hosed up. But if I stopped now I would never know exactly how much more I could gently caress up before the end.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Dusty Lens posted:

That's going to be a weird chapter to explain when you're flashing through your life with St. Peter standing over your shoulder.

How much is the choir celestial in for?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Hav posted:

How much is the choir celestial in for?

That will be a stretch goal to get Pedro Comacho and his orchestra.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

I mean sure I was let down that at the end of 2017 he was still sitting on the couch watching his go fund me page, but that's how you climb a mountain, one day at a time.

Bayonnefrog
Nov 9, 2017

Streetroller posted:

The cultists are all a little obtuse/intellectually dishonest aren't they?

Was also wondering if you could update us on your suit whenever the time comes. Curious to learn how it goes. Good luck!

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Lazrin posted:

it borders on disappointment only when i stop to think about the reality of how long a game like this will actually take to make vs. the race to the edge of the money cliff.

but because of that, the revenue planning has evolved (and had to) to support the ongoing indefinite development of the game. some people will be ok with that, and some won't.

How much time do you think it needs?
How much more money do you think it needs?

My attitude is this: You must be a Platinum user to view this message.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Lazrin posted:

it borders on disappointment only when i stop to think about the reality of how long a game like this will actually take to make

In your opinion should we expect CIG to hit their 2016 3.0 goals this year or is it more of a Q1 2019 thing.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Yeah, the two weeks things or two months estimates are getting old. Next time the boss asks you for something say two years.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Lazrin posted:

That seems like a reasonable position. You’d hoped for more, got less than desired but maybe not than expected. I think it’s a healthy thing that you’re factoring money in to your forward thinking. I see far too many people who truly act as if money and time are in infinite supply when of course they can’t be. If public funds fail to meet the ongoing needs, private funds under more onerous terms are an option, and indeed, it seems CIG may already have started tapping those. But time itself is another matter. At some point, fewer and fewer people are willing to give you theirs. Too many new games competing for time, and some with time on their side. It slowly runs out and there are no big lenders.

quote:

Revenue planning has definitely turned inward. Selling more and more stuff to a captive and in many cases overextended base seems like a troubling warning sign but I’m not sure CIG has an alternative. Chris has spoken often about his expectations for mass market success yet those expectations seem decoupled from reality. If that had been an actual internal goal, they’d have focused earlier on a playable fun core with rewarding loops and built outward from there proactively. The boring old school way. That he instead had such hopes yet expected he could simply respond to that demand reactively suggests they presumed too much in vanity and now face far more desperate constraints, hence the need to maximize the yield from that smaller piece of the market they’ve already captured.

It’s not especially healthy but having failed to chart their course to wider adoption and stuck to it, it’s probably the only choice they have.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jan 11, 2018

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Lazrin posted:

i can't quit you entirely... "no one’s ever really gone"

I missed you Lazrin!

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Lazrin posted:

the revenue planning has evolved (and had to) to support the ongoing indefinite development of the game.
Hope you're right.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
By the way I just want everyone to know that if I had to physically fight someone who couldn't use half of their body I would totally win.
:smug:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
indefinite development of the game

indefinite development of the 'game'

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

thatguy posted:

By the way I just want everyone to know that if I had to physically fight someone who couldn't use half of their body I would totally win.

Depends which half for me

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

thatguy posted:

Yeah, but they would still get the good parking spots.

checkmate

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Streetroller is suing people whose brains don't work so I think getting called out for not being able to use your legs is fair game. Sorry dude.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Dusty Lens posted:

"Listen, Lord. He was suing Chris Roberts. You know Chris Roberts? I'm kind of surprised you aren't Chris Roberts, to be honest. Anyway, he made Wing Commander. And this loving wheelboy thought that Chris owed him something just because he promised it and then took his money. The nerve, right? Entitlement's on the list of seven deadly sins, pretty sure. So really I was doing your work when I called him a gimp and threatened to gently caress his mother. No need to thank me."

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Lazrin posted:

good luck coming up with a copy of that binding contract between yourself and chris

Oh, hey fucko, tired of talking about peoples dicks in the youtube comments?

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Star Citizen: They see me rollin, they hatin

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Mr.Tophat posted:

CONSUME

PAY US

CONSUME

INTERLINKED

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Streetroller posted:

It's incredible how some of these guys don't get either the intention or the meaning behind, "come at me, literally". You should add some captions at that moment to make fun of them.

I miss it yesterday but I hope you kick Croberts rear end into the stratosphere. Good luck commando.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

It's nice of Streetroller to give these people an opportunity to humiliate themselves in YouTube comment sections.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Lazrin posted:

What do you think is going to happen with the CryTek/CIG suit?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

thatguy posted:

Streetroller is suing people whose brains don't work so I think getting called out for not being able to use your legs is fair game. Sorry dude.

The reason the shitizens attacked the cancer guy was quite simple. If he played the game enough it would have cured his cancer.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

ManofManyAliases posted:

“I’ll have Nothingburgers for $10,000,000, Alex.”

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

ManofManyAliases posted:

Did you ever post your thoughts on the non compete clause or the termination clauses? Do those affect your opinion on the nothingness of the burger?

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

ManofManyAliases posted:

Oh come on! We all know it's no more than a 10 million (give or take) Nothingburger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

ManofManyAliases posted:

Openly displaying Crytek's engine code on multiple occasions via their "Bugsmashers" viseo seems pretty cut and dry.