Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Has anyone been to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios? Was it fun?

Can you stand waiting in line for 2 hours?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Has anyone been to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios? Was it fun?

My aunt raved about it at Christmas.

She also loves Minions, so, grain of salt and all that.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I've never had any interest in Harry Potter but the Universal set up was pretty impressive.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

weird Asian candy posted:

Seeing that pic reminded me of right after we moved down to Arizona and my buddy and I were at our kid's football game and one landed on his shoulder. Being from Illinois we didn't even know such monstrosities exist and we all freaked the hell out. Thankfully he didn't get stung because I just watched that video and wow...:stare:

Also why would anyone subject themselves to the most painful insect bites? That's insane!

Yeah I wouldn't do that on purpose.

That said, I found the wasps to be easy to get close to. They totally ignored hikers and were very focused on their business, which certainly seemed to be loving the poo poo out of that flower. I know they gently caress up tarantulas but I'd guess they also enjoy sipping nectar.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

heading to burlington NC today. anyone need any socks?

but im definitely stopping by lexington bbq on the way. Oh man

http://www.lexbbq.com/menu/

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Can you stand waiting in line for 2 hours?

I’m great at waiting in line, especially if I am waiting to enjoy an immersive Harry Potter experience

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
I went with my girlfriend who is a huge Harry Potter fan and she loved it. We had a great time. Get there early in the morning to avoid lines and expect everything to be overpriced, but that comes with the territory. If neither / none of you is a huge fan it might not be worth the cost or time, but as someone with a mild interest I still had a great time and it was impressive.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

FizFashizzle posted:

heading to burlington NC today. anyone need any socks?

but im definitely stopping by lexington bbq on the way. Oh man

http://www.lexbbq.com/menu/

That's the only BBQ I had when in NC for a wedding a decade ago. We hit it up driving between Charlotte and Winston-Salem, where the wedding was. Hush puppies are a pro side with all the different kinds of pork.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/griph/status/951272857513922561

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

The sign of a good lawsuit: DEBATE ME YOU COWARD

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

its fake guys sorry

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Also Harry Potter world is spread over two Parks but the one with Gringotts and Diagon Alley is much better than the other park. Universal Studios has the better set up

Relentlessboredomm fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jan 11, 2018

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/951490013744762881

lmfao

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA yessss

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
whoa this superman 64 run skips the rings this is bullshit

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

General Dog posted:

Thanks, but all I need right now is The Mary Tyler Moore Show

I was wondering why my eye involuntarily twitched earlier

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Eh if you read the article, he combined the F with the number of planes delivered (52)

He didn't think Call of Duty is real and I doubt he's ever played it

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy
As some of you know I have decided to finally get my weight under control and started eating better and lifting weights. Yesterday was 1 week and before lifting I weighed myself, I am happy to report that I lost 4.4 pounds! It’s the start of hopefully something really great, I know it’s a long process but I’m optimistic and know I’ll ask plenty of questions to keep myself motivated.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Intruder posted:

Eh if you read the article, he combined the F with the number of planes delivered (52)

:ssh:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

I hope h takes credit for other video game accomplishments

“Tin can Reapers fall to AMERICAN led Citidel forces! Congratulated Hero Shepherd myself who had many kind words to say about me! “

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

SundayMoney posted:

As some of you know I have decided to finally get my weight under control and started eating better and lifting weights. Yesterday was 1 week and before lifting I weighed myself, I am happy to report that I lost 4.4 pounds! It’s the start of hopefully something really great, I know it’s a long process but I’m optimistic and know I’ll ask plenty of questions to keep myself motivated.

Tip

You will shed pounds like crazy the first few weeks and then hit a hard plateau. That plateau can convince you it has stopped working and sap your motivation.

At that point, I honestly advise you to just not weigh yourself anymore and go by clothes fit or even skin calipers. Weight is an incredibly imperfect measurement of fitness after awhile.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

SundayMoney posted:

You get em friend

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

SundayMonday take a picture of yourself now. Don't look at it, squirrel it away. Come back to it in 6 months

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Mel Mudkiper posted:

They said it more than doubled the length of the run and noone wanted to watch 2 hours of that game

Spoeank posted:

SundayMonday take a picture of yourself now. Don't look at it, squirrel it away. Come back to it in 6 months

Listen to this man, I forgot to do this

I did keep one pair of my largest jeans for the inevitable photo

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

The Glumslinger posted:

They said it more than doubled the length of the run and noone wanted to watch 2 hours of that game

gently caress you I wanted to see weird precision ring running that cuts off frames for the optimum run

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

weird Asian candy posted:

Seeing that pic reminded me of right after we moved down to Arizona and my buddy and I were at our kid's football game and one landed on his shoulder. Being from Illinois we didn't even know such monstrosities exist and we all freaked the hell out. Thankfully he didn't get stung because I just watched that video and wow...:stare:

Also why would anyone subject themselves to the most painful insect bites? That's insane!

There's a dude who's been stung/maybe bitten by almost everything that can sting/bite you just so he could create a scale of how much it loving sucks to get stung/bitten by a thing.

e: it's this guy

Freaquency fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jan 11, 2018

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I just had a really horrible moment of self-awareness. My kid’s school sent out an email yesterday that they were offering after school yoga classes for kindergarten through second grade, but that there were only a few slots available; I happened to be sitting at my desk when the message came in, so I replied within 10 minutes. Never heard back until now, when they emailed that the class is full, and I had a knee jerk moment of blind rage that my kindergartner didn’t get into yoga, before realizing that oh poo poo, I’m THAT yuppie Portland parent.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Intruder posted:

Further proof he can't read

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
PEAK

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Wait till the end :allears:

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Dark Souls is coming to Switch :getin:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Freaquency posted:

There's a dude who's been stung/maybe bitten by almost everything that can sting/bite you just so he could create a scale of how much it loving sucks to get stung/bitten by a thing.

e: it's this guy

I dont know who is dumber. The guy who got stung purposely to create a pain scale or the guy who gets stung purposely to test the accuracy of the pain scale...

I would think all that venim is...bad...for the surrounding tissue over and over again? The brave wilderness dude uses the same spot on his left forearm every time.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

CyberPingu posted:

Dark Souls is coming to Switch :getin:

Someone on my twitter posted a PS4 set that's coming out.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

pubic works project posted:

Someone on my twitter posted a PS4 set that's coming out.

Yah its the first game remastered with the expansion included.

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy
Thanks for the words, I do have a photo of me from a Christmas party about 4 weeks ago so it will be looked back on in 6 months and maybe shared just for comparisons sake. I know eventually pounds loss won’t be the best way to measure success but with as much extra weight I’m carrying it should be a while before I run into that. Again I want to thank all of you that talk about lifting and working out as it really gave me the motivation to finally start this journey.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

More importantly they've got a remastered Shadow of the Colossus coming out in February.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Relentlessboredomm posted:

More importantly they've got a remastered Shadow of the Colossus coming out in February.

God what a fantastic loving game

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

God what a fantastic loving game

It's close to perfect. Can't wait to play in HDR.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

oh man, frozen wontons, chicken stock in the jar, powdered ginger/garlic/onion/coriander, sesame seed oil, red pepper, soy sauce, a touch of rice vinegar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

SundayMoney posted:

Thanks for the words, I do have a photo of me from a Christmas party about 4 weeks ago so it will be looked back on in 6 months and maybe shared just for comparisons sake. I know eventually pounds loss won’t be the best way to measure success but with as much extra weight I’m carrying it should be a while before I run into that. Again I want to thank all of you that talk about lifting and working out as it really gave me the motivation to finally start this journey.

That might work but honestly a repeatablr shot (bathroom mirror) in a too snug shirt is ideal for "holy poo poo look at that" and extra motivation in 6 mo