Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.

site posted:

https://twitter.com/Newsarama/status/950789815255158784

Maybe the eventual trailer will wow me but tbh I could not care less for a Kitty movie

I will wait for the inevitable announcement that it has been turned into a Lockheed solo movie... in my dreams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

First Northrop Grumman, now Lockheed? Goddamn, Marvel.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/ErikDavis/status/951100427596021760

I hope this movie makes a billion dollars

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

zoux posted:

I hope this movie makes a billion dollars

It very well could do.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

I'm debating paying opening weekend prices or wait for $5 Tuesday (free medium popcorn!).

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Using Kitty to be the gateway to an MCU X-men series would probably be a good idea.

Domestically.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
When I went to see Star Wars again the other day, I got the Spider-Verse preview on the big screen. The animation style is... weird. It seems kind of choppy in some places and, stylistically uses dot shading in a couple places. Still excited for it, but it was a different experience than watching the preview on you tube.

(BP tickets preordered)

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Yeah the frame rate makes it look almost stop motion.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
You'd think the people starring in the movie could get some comp tickets lol

https://twitter.com/Lupita_Nyongo/status/951139632015642625

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Apparently the latest scuttlebutt is that Marvel's finally moving forward with a Black Widow movie.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Some more info, looks like to be written by someone named Jac Schaeffer 

https://geeksofcolor.co/2018/01/11/report-marvel-studios-black-widow-film-in-the-works-jac-schaeffer-to-pen-script/

Tbh i have mixed feelings. I probably would've been more hyped if this had come during phase 1 or 2 back before Scarlett made some dumb moves like doing commercials for sodastream and ghost in the shell, and we weren't getting into (hopefully) new heroes post infinity war. And there are several other women in the marvel u that could use the screen time, Natasha is already a staple character in both avengers and the captain America movies. Plus, now that red sparrow is coming out it's not gonna be a unique property anyways.

Otoh it's a woman getting her own movie in the mcu, which I'm guessing I'm supposed to be thankful for

site fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Jan 11, 2018

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Red Sparrow is a romantic drama.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Huh well that's definitely not how it's portrayed in the trailers

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Fine, Atomic Blonde already came out so it's not gonna be a unique property anyways.

I mean more diversity is always good but I just can't see what a good Widow movie would look like. Maybe some kind of period spy piece or something, but then Agent Carter pretty much filled that spot.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

site posted:

Huh well that's definitely not how it's portrayed in the trailers

Yeah the story is Lawrence's character falls in love with the guy she's meant to seduce or something.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Retro Futurist posted:

Fine, Atomic Blonde already came out so it's not gonna be a unique property anyways.

I mean more diversity is always good but I just can't see what a good Widow movie would look like. Maybe some kind of period spy piece or something, but then Agent Carter pretty much filled that spot.

Do it like a Bond film. It doesn't even have to be a period piece, it can just be Black Widow being a superspy in a weird comic book world.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I could be kind of cool if they do it like that Buffy episode with Xander and the zombies, and have her doing integral spy poo poo while the Hulk occasionally smashes through a nearby wall or something.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Retro Futurist posted:

I could be kind of cool if they do it like that Buffy episode with Xander and the zombies, and have her doing integral spy poo poo while the Hulk occasionally smashes through a nearby wall or something.

The Zeppo! One of my favorite episodes.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Marvel completely missed the boat by not placing a Black Widow movie in between Civil War and Infinity War when the character is mistrusted by both Tony and Steve's Avenger teams. Completely on her own against some character from her past. Taking down some suped-up rear end in a top hat with nothing but her skill and intelligence.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

AngryBooch posted:

Marvel completely missed the boat by not placing a Black Widow movie in between Civil War and Infinity War when the character is mistrusted by both Tony and Steve's Avenger teams. Completely on her own against some character from her past. Taking down some suped-up rear end in a top hat with nothing but her skill and intelligence.

Yeah I agree with site that the timing of the whole thing is pretty weird but that's Hollywood/comics/Ike Perlmutter for you I guess.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I know this won't happen because it's not how Marvel Studios operates, but gently caress man, just streamline the Waid/Samnee run a little and you've got your movie.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

howe_sam posted:

I know this won't happen because it's not how Marvel Studios operates, but gently caress man, just streamline the Waid/Samnee run a little and you've got your movie.

i wouldnt put it past em. If theyre gonna keep hyrda "dead" and aim was a throwaway for iron man 3 the red room is a big contender for what natasha would be dealing with

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Use a Black Widow movie to introduce Nadia Pym into the MCU.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Fuckin' a now we're talkin

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Seems like you could fold Widow into the Netflix shows rather easily if you wanted to. But I know nobody is going to pay Scarlett J to be on loving Netflix.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

She honestly seems like she's been phoning in all of her Widow performances since at least Winter Soldier, so I'm not too excited for a solo film starring the character.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She's doing some kind of detached and reserved thing but most of the time it just comes off as flat.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

She also looks very tired.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She's probably half dead from the training she needs to do for those costumes.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I assume she's be a bit more enthusiastic if the star of the film

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Johansson's never exactly been the bubbly type to begin with. It's why she worked well as a slacker in Ghost World, an AI voice in Her, a wife left desperately alone in Lost in Translation, etc.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

BiggerBoat posted:

Seems like you could fold Widow into the Netflix shows rather easily if you wanted to. But I know nobody is going to pay Scarlett J to be on loving Netflix.

I mean they did sign Will Smith to a multipicture deal

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I assume she's be a bit more enthusiastic if the star of the film

Then I assume you haven't seen Lucy or Ghost in the Shell

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yoshiaki Koizumi directing the new Batman

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

100% if they do a Widow solo movie, Belova would be the villain. Marvel loves them some dark mirror bad guys

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

They just need to introduce Natasha's cat from the Edmonson run.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Yoshiaki Koizumi directing the new Batman

Batman
Dark Knight
DK
Donkey Kong

:thunk:

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

SlimGoodbody posted:

Then I assume you haven't seen Ghost in the Shell

I hope not, for their sake. Even putting aside the lovely as gently caress white washing, the script was a loving mess.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

JordanKai posted:

Batman
Dark Knight
DK
Donkey Kong

:thunk:

He's the first member of the Batman crew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I don't think, I've ever seen her in a role and have been blown away by her talent. She's always just sort of there. Maybe they can bring in Emily Blunt as Belova and she can take over in the MCU.

• Locked thread