Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Golli posted:

If TheAgent's completely made up falsehoods and innuendos were true, then he may be handling a C&D letter from CIG. Of course, TheAgent is usually wrong, so Bootcha is probably just waiting for a darker shade of blue before he delivers relief..

I would like to clarify that when The Agent tosses out a falsehood he clearly states it as such. So in effect, he is not wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Abuminable posted:

I'm inclined to think so. Bootcha had a steady clip going and now he's not even teasing a new chapter. NDAs are keeping this thing afloat; if people could talk, it'd be sunk tomorrow with a couple of Polygon interviews.

The next chapter is about "The extasy of jpegs" and he was in need of a lot of different facets of that in his research thread only a few days ago. I think the first couple chapters were easier and more about setting up the pipelines. Everything from here on is going to require a lot more research, images, clips, fidelity, and time. You cant rush greatness. Two weeks.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Bayonnefrog posted:

The cultists are all a little obtuse/intellectually dishonest aren't they?

Was also wondering if you could update us on your suit whenever the time comes. Curious to learn how it goes. Good luck!

Something tells me they don't care and their intent is to intimidate and frustrate Streetroller and anyone else who's thinking of suing.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Virtual Captain posted:

The next chapter is about "The extasy of jpegs" and he was in need of a lot of different facets of that in his research thread only a few days ago. I think the first couple chapters were easier and more about setting up the pipelines. Everything from here on is going to require a lot more research, images, clips, fidelity, and time. You cant rush greatness. Two weeks.

a good meal takes time preparation and the proper ingredients along with the proper recipe. Even then it doesnt guarantee a great meal.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Lladre posted:

I would like to clarify that when The Agent tosses out a falsehood he clearly states it as such. So in effect, he is not wrong.
I call everything, yet nothing calls me

not even my children

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Star Citizen : the only way to win is to not pay

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

TheAgent posted:

not even my children

Tends to happen when you don't pick them up at 10am for soccer/sata ball practice.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
lol I hope trump's next great military reveal is that we've been sending aegis hammerheads to denmark or something

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Colostomy Bag posted:

Tends to happen when you don't pick them up at 10am for soccer/sata ball practice.
they probably didn't like it that I sold them to someone on r/sc_trades for a completionist package and a javelin

still tho, at least loving say hi on my bday, you ungrateful shits

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
You may or may not know that 2018 is the year of the dog, which follows 2017's rooster and precedes 2019's pig.

After last year's cock-up, I'm calling it that the 'game' in 2018 will be a real dog's dinner, until next year, when CiG will reap what they sow

:smuggo:

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

his nibs posted:

You may or may not know that 2018 is the year of the dog, which follows 2017's rooster and precedes 2019's pig.

After last year's cock-up, I'm calling it that the 'game' in 2018 will be a real dog's dinner, until next year, when CiG will reap what they sow

:smuggo:

You know.. im all for dad jokes but. ...

I really hope your keyboards commits sudoku.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

TheAgent posted:

still tho, at least loving say hi on my bday, you ungrateful shits

Concept sale incoming.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

TheAgent posted:

its just nuts watching the alpha prototyping for horizon: zero dawn and comparing it to star citizen

the combat was absolutely nailed, the rest of the game looked like something from the ps1 days, but the combat, discovery and all major mechanics were in and functioning as the rest of the game was built around it

Anyone who actually understands game development knows that you do all that stuff first, because it is fundamental. Without gameplay mechanics, you don't have a game. So you get them working first, you make sure they're solid, and then you do all the rest once you're sure that you're not wasting your time

The fact that Chris and friends don't understand this tells me, more than anything else about the project, that Star Citizen is never going anywhere. Six years in and they don't even have a prototype. No one knows whether all these planned gameplay systems will work at all, on their own or together, because apart from crate fetching (which is loving broken), they haven't been implemented in any way. Not even on paper, if the developers' rambling about them is any indication

But gently caress, this is probably the billionth post about how CIG is doing everything rear end-backwards. It just constantly amazes me, is all

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Poor Americans also elected a billionaire because he'd understand their pain.

People are loving dumb.

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

"Perhaps the real cult is everybody who did not help give one hundred and seventy million earth dollars to a floppy messiah in a black turtleneck." - Man who is definitely in a cult

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Raskolnikov posted:

People are loving dumb.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

SPERMCUBE.ORG posted:

"Perhaps the real cult is everybody who did not help give one hundred and seventy million earth dollars to a floppy messiah in a black turtleneck." - Man who is definitely in a cult

We're totally a cult.

A cult of wanting actually good games to play.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

SPERMCUBE.ORG posted:

I prefer calling Crobbler "saggy", but the rest of what you said is :same:

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

G0RF posted:

Remember all the months that passed with people on /DerekSmart meme-img “tick tock Derek!”

3.0 was coming. It would annhiliate all skeptics and usher in the dawn of vindication for all believers? Good times.
Vindication is here all the skeptics at r/dereksmart are now gone :smug:

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
So which poster was it that Beet got banned on Reddit?

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Lazrin posted:

generally? underwhelmed, but not disappointed

it borders on disappointment only when i stop to think about the reality of how long a game like this will actually take to make vs. the race to the edge of the money cliff.

but because of that, the revenue planning has evolved (and had to) to support the ongoing indefinite development of the game. some people will be ok with that, and some won't.

new toast

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

I'm hyped for Monster Hunter World. I only became hyped after seeing final gameplay and hearing from fans and sceptics how great and faithful to the series it is, while still being fresh and full of QoL improvements over previous titles. I still haven't handed over any money, because I'm sensible enough to know early opinions can change.

Star Citizens are hyped for Star Citizen. They became hyped on what a man imagined and promised. They've collectively paid $170 Million dollars plus for an unplayable test version that came out over a year late.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

no amount of money will overcome their inability to deliver anything other than a hot mess

i hope they never run out of funds

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Ash1138 posted:

i hope they never run out of funds

:same:

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

TheAgent posted:

lol I hope trump's next great military reveal is that we've been sending aegis hammerheads to denmark or something

aegs

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

in other news, asscreed origins is a really fun game. judging by what goons were saying about the pc version at launch, things have definitely improved on the performance side

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

Xaerael posted:

I'm hyped for Monster Hunter World. I only became hyped after seeing final gameplay and hearing from fans and sceptics how great and faithful to the series it is, while still being fresh and full of QoL improvements over previous titles. I still haven't handed over any money, because I'm sensible enough to know early opinions can change.

Star Citizens are hyped for Star Citizen. They became hyped on what a man imagined and promised. They've collectively paid $170 Million dollars plus for an unplayable test version that came out over a year late.

Mack doesn't like it and he and his bells get the final word.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vg4eT1jRjEU

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Dusty Lens posted:

Star Citizen: They see me rollin, they hatin
Ha, I made that joke the first time around and Ewe2 made a song out of it

pls to post

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

TheAgent posted:

not even my children

Not until you finish Love Pledge :colbert:

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

TheAgent posted:

not even my children

I'll call you sugar daddy when you give us love pledge.

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

iospace posted:

We're totally a cult.

A cult of wanting actually good games to play.

NOT :same:
I want bad games and the the fans of them who intentionally cultivate their own mental illnesses rather than admit they got had.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Raskolnikov posted:

People are loving dumb.

-Moons

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/JDeEODu.gifv

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
this is the best thing I'll see this today and I'm going to a strip club for lunch

satan bless this unholy cuteness

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:

TheAgent posted:

this is the best thing I'll see this today and I'm going to a strip club for lunch

satan bless this unholy cuteness

My brother went to a strip club that served food and this guy sitting at the stage eating catfish. Guy had no idea why my brother had a problem with this.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Incitatus posted:

My brother went to a strip club that served food and this guy sitting at the stage eating catfish. Guy had no idea why my brother had a problem with this.

Arkansas is weird with their rules. Like Vegas, they have special protections.

-

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Abuminable posted:

Ehhhhhh, he's clearly never played a previous one, nor the beta of this one, and it's obviously not his cup of tea. I've been basing my opinions so far off people who've actually played it, especially the reactions of those who expected NOT to like it after playing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAjWwCXaf5Q

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Incitatus posted:

Ah, I miss Austin.

The fish was good

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Some time back, there was a discussion about a series of books that had a super-powerful galactic race/empire that conquered or absorbed every system they ran into. The one thing that might narrow it down is that one book had them run into a civilization that liked to play games, so they had their ambassador lose to them for laughs before doing their thing.

I have a Barnes and Noble gift card that I am trying to use - and I wouldn't mind checking this series out. Can someone refresh my memory?

Thanks for help!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Abuminable posted:

this guy is loving awful, jesus

and a loving moron