Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Yeah his nose has been grotesque for a long time, so unless he gets punched in the face on a weekly basis and it never heals he's lying as usual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
I miss the posts about people making GBS threads on Howard for not having Artie back on the show.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

JB50 posted:

His nose is infected from drug use, not abusive bookies.

Remember Artie lies, Artie always lies.

Right. Do people really think he was punched by a bookie? The guy's nose is melting from drugs.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Remember when Artie said he stabbed himself several times because he thought he’d get high from of the blood loss?

Artie always lies.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Grant DaNasty posted:

Remember when Artie said he stabbed himself several times because he thought he’d get high from of the blood loss?

Artie always lies.

There was a post on reddit talking about how good Bruer is on the show, and someone suggested he sit in the Artie chair permanently. A few people posted as if it were common fact that Bruer had signed to fill that role, but Artie heard about it and made his suicide attempt in response, after which the two sides (Bruer/Howard) agreed to cancel the arrangement and not fill the chair at all. I hadn't heard that before.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Sand Monster posted:

There was a post on reddit talking about how good Bruer is on the show, and someone suggested he sit in the Artie chair permanently. A few people posted as if it were common fact that Bruer had signed to fill that role, but Artie heard about it and made his suicide attempt in response, after which the two sides (Bruer/Howard) agreed to cancel the arrangement and not fill the chair at all. I hadn't heard that before.

Lol@people thinking that Howard would actually do this

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I would likely subscribe to Sirius if Breuer (how the gently caress do you spell his last name?) was in the Artie chair.

I seriously can't think of anyone better. Anyone else might be too much or too little. I love Gilbert, but he'd be too much. Norm's too big for that gig.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
I think it was interesting in the show the day after JB's appearance that he kept specifically calling it "The Jackie Chair"
I know historically its been called that....but I mean lets at least acknowledge the dude who sat there for almost a decade.

Obviously Artie is dead to Howard and the next time be brings him up will be after his literal death.
And i am going to go ahead and tell you what he will say

"Ahh, poor Artie. Its a sad day. Artie, Artie always made me laugh. He had such an out of control lifestyle that I found fascinating and up until he left he was always a pro and was an important part of the show. Its tragic Robin, I dont know what else to say"

30 seconds....done.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

I think it was interesting in the show the day after JB's appearance that he kept specifically calling it "The Jackie Chair"
I know historically its been called that....but I mean lets at least acknowledge the dude who sat there for almost a decade.

Obviously Artie is dead to Howard and the next time be brings him up will be after his literal death.

"Ahh, poor Artie. Its a sad day. Artie, Artie always made me laugh. He had such an out of control lifestyle that I found fascinating and up until he left he was always a pro and was an important part of the show. Its tragic Robin, I dont know what else to say"

30 seconds....done.

Howard will say he was just thinking of writing him a note.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

30 seconds....done.

"You know, you always know that it'll happen someday, but I never really thought the day would come..."

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
"I was gonna call the guy and take him out for lunch, I knew things were bad but I had no idea it was like THAT"

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I think Breuer's appearance from 2009(?) when he does Lars, and Richard Pryor, etc might be the best guest appearance of the Sirius era. If he joined the show I would honestly resubscribe, but I don't know if Howard gives a poo poo at this point.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
New pool, what happens first: Stern retires or Artie dies?

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Lifespan posted:

New pool, what happens first: Stern retires or Artie dies?

Define retire? Just from radio? Or all together and just becomes Howard Hughes in the Hamptons?

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Artie's gotta croak before Howard retires.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ben stern vs Artie is a more interesting bet

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Define retire? Just from radio? Or all together and just becomes Howard Hughes in the Hamptons?

Lets say hosting his regular radio show.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

The dude is likely not going to make it to 2019.

LOL punched in the face by bookies. That is the most Artie thing ever.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Lifespan posted:

Lets say hosting his regular radio show.

Whats he got left on his current deal? 2 years?
If its 2 years then I will say during that time we see Artie, a wack packer and one of his parents die.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

3 years

He will likely sign a 3 year extension imho

immortal anime
Oct 21, 2017

by Lowtax
baba booey

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Eff Jackie

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Eff Timmy

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008
Fafa Fooey, that's Baba Booey.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

F Penelope Chiusano

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sjt_AI3s64

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

ChaosMonkey posted:

Fafa Fooey, that's Baba Booey.

Uhhhhhh.... huh?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
rear end treeks.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Traction.

I can't NOT post the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7iao_tfHEU

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Jan 11, 2018

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Eff Timmy's dead rotting skull!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QBBnOjpXIE&t=4s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfrJZ6h9SB0

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Eff Jackies mom

immortal anime
Oct 21, 2017

by Lowtax
baba booey

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
brazen facebook page

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Man Breuer is on fire

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001
Late to the party

Best wack packers:

1: Hank, all time, ever.

2. Sour Shoes

3. Riley Martin

4. Jeff the Drunk

5. Beetlejuice

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

euphronius posted:

Man Breuer is on fire

He really was. Every single appearance is gold.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

MrMidnight posted:

He really was. Every single appearance is gold.

He was on again? Man, I really want to catch that.

immortal anime
Oct 21, 2017

by Lowtax
baba booey

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
According to Artie's twitter, he performed last night. So much for court ordered rehab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Bonzo posted:

According to Artie's twitter, he performed last night. So much for court ordered rehab.

It was never court ordered. It was a suggestion from his lawyer to avoid potentially being in jail awaiting sentencing. The hospital part took precedence and I assume he and his lawyer will claim that rehab happened in the hospital. He won't get in trouble for not going to the Florida place originally planned. The court is in no position to order rehab unless it's related to a ruling and even then it's a suggestion for alternative punishment, usually to try and keep someone out of jail. As far as I'm aware I don't think they can even technically force it, if you reject it you simply get the usual punishment.