Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

RevKrule posted:

^^^ Also Edge of Tomorrow.

Movies Anywhere almost always has all the blu ray extras. Looking through my collection, I've got all the extra pieces they did in the early series and blooper reels and production design poo poo. I think the only thing I miss is commentaries but even then maybe I'm wrong. These may not get ported to other retailers (vudu/itunes/google) but if you have a chromecast, you can easily cast the extras to a tv w/MA.

I usually buy my movies on Amazon, and I don’t think that usually does the bonus features. Good to know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Deadpool 2 has been moved up two weeks and now comes out in between Infinity War and Solo in May.

Gambit is pushed back again (likely cancelled soon)

New Mutants has been pushed back 10 MONTHS from April 2018 to February 2019.

Last one is surprising considering they've already been marketing it.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/Russo_Brothers/status/951568423213027334

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Dacap posted:

Any info as to why? My initial thoughts are either it needs serious work to make it not suck, or Disney is burying it to maintain charge of Marvel properties.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

site posted:

I hope proud mary is as good as it looks but the studio is doing like negative amounts of promotion for it so im kinda worried about how well itll do in box office

It opens tomorrow at least.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Jamesman posted:

Any info as to why? My initial thoughts are either it needs serious work to make it not suck, or Disney is burying it to maintain charge of Marvel properties.

Some reports are saying that it's because it would be out at the same time as Deadpool 2 in international markets. Others are saying test screenings led them to rework it to have a greater horror focus.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jamesman posted:

Has the deal even gone through that Disney can dictate this yet?

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

What's the red hand supposed to be on that cake?

Is this really, really slight confirmation that Deadpool appears in A4?

ed: Also Hyperion's in A4 apparently

NieR Occomata fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jan 11, 2018

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

What's the red hand supposed to be on that cake?

Is this really, really slight confirmation that Deadpool appears in A4?

Pretty sure it's an Iron-Hand?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Has the deal even gone through that Disney can dictate this yet?

No, it's 12-18 months away before it will be completed. Disney has zero say in what Fox does.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Nah, it's a gloved cap hand, I believe

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Ah. Regardless, Hyperion's almost certainly in A4 which is pretty nuts. Also have no idea what the middle of the five symbols is (Iron Man?)

ed: I guess they could be using that in place of Hulk as his "symbol"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

Ah. Regardless, Hyperion's almost certainly in A4 which is pretty nuts. Also have no idea what the middle of the five symbols is (Iron Man?)

ed: I guess they could be using that in place of Hulk as his "symbol"

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Hulk's symbol is the radiation symbol on the far left side.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Dacap posted:

Some reports are saying that it's because it would be out at the same time as Deadpool 2 in international markets. Others are saying test screenings led them to rework it to have a greater horror focus.

"more horror" is not usually what x-men fans are demanding so that's a bit worrying

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Dacap posted:

Deadpool 2 has been moved up two weeks and now comes out in between Infinity War and Solo in May.

Gambit is pushed back again (likely cancelled soon)

I always found kinda strange that they announced the New Mutants movie and that it would come out in less than a year. This seems like a much more reasonable timeframe.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

No, it's 12-18 months away before it will be completed. Disney has zero say in what Fox does.

That's what I figured. Whole lot of speculation going on.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Well that's originally what they were going for with these movies so Idk why they would think it wasn't horror enough. That really sucks, I was looking forward to this movie. I can't see it doing very well if it's displaced by almost a year.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I'm glad I'm not the only one who immediately thought Hyperion with the radiation symbol but I also thought the triangle in the middle was the eye of agamotto so I'm kinda an idiot

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Dacap posted:

I am real disappointed about that, but if it's for more horror I guess it's ok.

loving Gambit though, you'd think it'd be fairly simple, I wonder what keeps driving off directors.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Yoshiaki Koizumi directing the new Batman

Ah, Tangent finally gets some love.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Does anyone know the story behind why Edge of Tomorrow got weirdly rebranded as Live. Die. Repeat. seemingly in the middle of it coming out in theaters/on DVD, and then sort of halfway getting rebranded back to Edge of Tomorrow? That always struck as a monumental clusterfuck.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

catlord posted:

loving Gambit though, you'd think it'd be fairly simple, I wonder what keeps driving off directors.

It not them, it Gambit

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

But it is possible to be something that they're talking about and going with so it fits the merger nice and easy.

The New Mutants has a good cast and I would like to see them stick around in the MCU.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Nah, it's a gloved cap hand, I believe

It took me forever to see it, and then it took me even longer to understand you meant Captain Marvel.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

SlimGoodbody posted:

Does anyone know the story behind why Edge of Tomorrow got weirdly rebranded as Live. Die. Repeat. seemingly in the middle of it coming out in theaters/on DVD, and then sort of halfway getting rebranded back to Edge of Tomorrow? That always struck as a monumental clusterfuck.

Edge of tomorrow is a real bad name and the the trailer tag (Live. Die. Repeat) was real good and stuck. The manga the story is based on is called Al You Need is Kill which is infinitely better

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Edge of tomorrow is a real bad name and the the trailer tag (Live. Die. Repeat) was real good and stuck. The manga the story is based on is called Al You Need is Kill which is infinitely better

Pretty much this. It doesn't help that like none of the TV trailers actually said the name of the movie and mostly just had big cards that just said LIVE. DIE. REPEAT. in between clips from the movie. Most likely this caused people to be confused to the actual name of the movie.

I personally really really like the name "Edge of Tomorrow" but again, I agree that All You Need is Kill is a far superior name.

I only count 5 gems on that cake.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I guess if the Norton movie is the origin of Hulk this doesn't work but I suppose normally they would have used an atom bomb instead of the radiation symbol?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
That thing is not gonna feed an entire crew. What, are they each gonna take a single inch of it?

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
A green radiation symbol has always been Hulk's symbol. It looks bad in red and white.

10 month delay on The New Mutants is nuts, I was getting kicks out of people looking confused as they saw the Marvel branding on a horror movie.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Inedible fondant cakes are the worst

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Inedible fondant cakes are the worst
This

also I have no idea what they are doing with that kind of delay on New Mutants. Granted, things must be pretty hectic at Fox right now, but still...

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

RevKrule posted:

I only count 5 gems on that cake.

I think the last one is right in the bottom corner there, half cut off

Maybe it's the optimist in me but could they be pushing New Mutants back to work it into the MCU more? Like adding Spider-Man to Civil War except this time they have the time to do more?

Opopanax fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jan 12, 2018

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What I think happened with new mutants, and would be hilarious if true, is it's a fairly normal mutants film with some horror elements. Fox asked the trailer house to make it look "new and different". Trailer house worked up the full horror trailer.

People have seen it and shared it. Then as a test audience responded "from the trailer I thought it would be more of a horror film". So Fox now has to go film some jump scares and recut the movie

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Al Borland Corp. posted:

What I think happened with new mutants, and would be hilarious if true, is it's a fairly normal mutants film with some horror elements. Fox asked the trailer house to make it look "new and different". Trailer house worked up the full horror trailer.

People have seen it and shared it. Then as a test audience responded "from the trailer I thought it would be more of a horror film". So Fox now has to go film some jump scares and recut the movie

This legit sounds dumb enough to be real, yeah. Trailers wag the dog in that town.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

SlimGoodbody posted:

This legit sounds dumb enough to be real, yeah. Trailers wag the dog in that town.

Replace "Horror" with "Comedy" and it's almost word for word what happened with Suicide Squad.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Tbh I kinda liked the horror feel of the trailer and if I went in and got tricked I'd be kinda mad

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

BrianWilly posted:

That thing is not gonna feed an entire crew. What, are they each gonna take a single inch of it?

Cakes are not actually supposed to feed you, it's like candy, you just take a little bit.

Of course, that doesn't stop us from a buying one and eating all by ourselves in the middle of the night.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Guys, that's just the display, it probably has 2 slices worth of cake for ceremonial cutting.

There's always a second sheet cake you feed everyone with, I'm sure it had enough to go around.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That project is legit cursed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Will Disney be able to make League of Extraordinary Gentlemen movies if their Fox acquisition goes through?

• Locked thread