Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
So I was bored and traded for the cheapest Breachstone (Esh) to run...I kinda forgot they're supposed to be rather hard since my character in that league just blocked everything (this one was also ghosted because of a prophecy) and wound up eating all my portals to no avail. Ran another map to get my Spectres back and came across a breach...it was an Esh breach...and one of them dropped an Esh's Mirror...

...gently caress you RNGesus :argh:

(I've been wanting to try a Wander too)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I mean, some combination of ghosted bosses can be literally unplayable, there is that one clip of atziri with a double flameblast that covers the whole room.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
I managed to win my first lich fight in HC SSF with the insanely good bleed + sunder slayer SSF build. i'm glad i got the lich that only does physical damage, which was stressful but fun, as opposed to the chaos damage lich, which would have reduced my -20% resistance rear end to a fine bloody mist in nanoseconds

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Goa Tse-tung posted:

I mean, some combination of ghosted bosses can be literally unplayable, there is that one clip of atziri with a double flameblast that covers the whole room.

I did uber atziri on my miner and it was one second between phases. I wonder how much health the ghost adds

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Uhhhhhh well A'alai dropped a thing:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Jusupov posted:

I did uber atziri on my miner and it was one second between phases. I wonder how much health the ghost adds

depends on the ghost I guess

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

Mackers posted:

Finally have my PC back after moving countries. Could I get invited back to the guild please, playing as NoodleReaver

Still need an invite if anyone is on that can, cheers.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Ultima66 posted:

You should think about loaning those to a friend...

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Ultima66 posted:

rip this not happening when ES was actually popular. Enjoy your 12ex

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm thinking of running those on my BV/Lightpoacher just because I'm lazy and don't want to run OoS/PCoC.

I still haven't decided between being DW 80% phys/element daggers or getting a shield.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I'm actually considering switching to crit by dropping the full Abyss setup and running this + the base crit Hatred Watcher's Eye and maybe a base crit +1 socketed active gems Shaper chest. Obviously the caveat here is that getting that set up costs way more than I have right now, but it's something I might work towards and there's nothing else I really want for my current setup that I think is worth selling a Skyforth for. Switching to non-Abyss chest certain makes me consider starting the character over again as an Inquisitor though...

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

A couple of loot filter links for those still interested:

http://www.filterblade.xyz/#CgDGgsxfKjwC - Semi-strict
http://www.filterblade.xyz/#D8XiRUV1T2Tx - Very strict
http://www.filterblade.xyz/#93NBmTr59XFU - Extremely strict

(these are all for mapping, not leveling)

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

whypick1 posted:

Yep, re-run lab. Good luck getting that specific one since there's at least 2 enchants for every active skill jewel in the game., so :rip: your odds.

this really sucks if youre using a unique hat, i cant find a single ED enchant heretics veil

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
The base + enchant was super expensive, and so was crafting the additional mine

But it allows me to use this thing that the Elder was kind enough to give me

Got to craft the hat a bit more probably and slam it.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
What happens if you use Remote Mine support on something like Fire Nova Mine? Does the "more mine damage" apply to it?

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

TheRat posted:

Thanks! I've still been using your entry-level maps one cause I'm too lazy to customise my own.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Zero VGS posted:

What happens if you use Remote Mine support on something like Fire Nova Mine? Does the "more mine damage" apply to it?

No, it just doesn't apply the support gem at all.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
MOD EDIT: This post is gone.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Jan 12, 2018

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

dont do this or suggest it to other people you loving moron

use an ahk macro if you must but dont suggest people run things that will 100% ban them if they get caught

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Zero VGS posted:

this is bad advice

I have been banned for using poehud in the past. Please do not do what he is suggesting. If you want a flask macro use your keyboards software to make a macro that presses buttons for you or use AHK. Anything else is going to get you banned. And using a flask macro the way i suggested is technically bannable but i've only seen it happen to streamers.

Basically hes telling you to run red lights and I'm telling you to go 10 above the speed limit if you need to get where you're going faster.

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jan 11, 2018

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Zero VGS posted:

1) Install PoeHUD x64 from the ZIP here: https://github.com/TehCheat/PoEHUD
TehCheat

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Holyshoot posted:

I have been banned for using poehud in the past. Please do not do what he is suggesting. If you want a flask macro use your keyboards software to make a macro that presses buttons for you or use AHK. Anything else is going to get you banned. And using a flask macro the way i suggested is technically bannable but i've only seen it happen to streamers.

OK, fine, we'll go with "this will definitely get you banned", only use it if you don't care about getting banned. Don't use it if you're actually playing competitively either, I'd be pissed if someone was using this to be top of the ladder or PvP.

I'm stuck playing one-handed which is why my builds have all been Flame Totem or Cast-While-Channeling Detonate Dead, I can't keep my off-hand cramped on the potion buttons at all times.

Like I said, I only bring it up because everyone was super cool in the thread the last time when I asked if it was OK, that was years ago and the old stand-alone auto flask doesn't work anymore. If you're not in my situation where the ergonomics are make-or-break then yeah don't do this.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Use autohotkey, an actual a-ok program that's greenlit by GGG. Not the thing that will get you banned.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Vasudus posted:

Use autohotkey, an actual a-ok program that's greenlit by GGG. Not the thing that will get you banned.

Somehow I don't think GGG greenlit "automatically drink a potion when your HP is low", if that's even possible in autohotkey. That's all I need to do but the way GGG worded it was that you can't have anything that can run unattended. Maybe I should pay a few grand to make an auto-use Unique flask.

If I had an Xbone I'd be happily playing on a controller but I'm not buying one just for this. I even programmed a bunch of profiles for controller on PC with Xpadder but it's really hard to use as you can imagine.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Zero VGS posted:

Somehow I don't think GGG greenlit "automatically drink a potion when your HP is low",
oh drat thats super illegal. i thought you were just going for a standard "push all my flasks with 1 button" thing

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Zero VGS posted:

Somehow I don't think GGG greenlit "automatically drink a potion when your HP is low", if that's even possible in autohotkey.

i'm sorry for your RSI and all but lol

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Zero VGS posted:

Somehow I don't think GGG greenlit "automatically drink a potion when your HP is low", if that's even possible in autohotkey. That's all I need to do but the way GGG worded it was that you can't have anything that can run unattended. Maybe I should pay a few grand to make an auto-use Unique flask.

If I had an Xbone I'd be happily playing on a controller but I'm not buying one just for this. I even programmed a bunch of profiles for controller on PC with Xpadder but it's really hard to use as you can imagine.

What's your account name jw

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

use an ahk macro if you must but dont suggest people run things that will 100% ban them if they get caught

And that GGG has previously had very good successrate at detecting which has caused some massive banwaves

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

i'm sorry for your RSI and all but lol

Not empty-quoting

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
I think GGG should definitely do something for people with accessibility issues.

SpacePope
Nov 9, 2009

Zero VGS posted:

I've got wrists issues that make using a computer pretty painful as soon as it goes for more than 10-20 minutes, and the Steam Controller actually works pretty well for PoE. I'm doing guardians and poo poo, with builds going from nearly afk stuff like RF to more active ones like Poet's Pen, Bladeflurry, ED, flicker, etc. Maybe worth giving it a shot? Works with other games too.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

George posted:

I think GGG should definitely do something for people with accessibility issues.

I think they should cave and make vacuum-looting. Bots autoloot anyway so real players are the only ones suffering.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

just take the player out of the equation completely and give bots to everyone

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Path of Exidle

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

TheRat posted:

why are you showing utility flasks on very strict

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Speaking of filters, anyone still happen to use Greengroove's? Just found out there's a customizer with that one listed at http://filterblast.oversoul.xyz/Greengroove/

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

SpacePope posted:

I've got wrists issues that make using a computer pretty painful as soon as it goes for more than 10-20 minutes, and the Steam Controller actually works pretty well for PoE. I'm doing guardians and poo poo, with builds going from nearly afk stuff like RF to more active ones like Poet's Pen, Bladeflurry, ED, flicker, etc. Maybe worth giving it a shot? Works with other games too.

My brother got a Steam Controller as a present and he was excited at first but his final take was that it was a pretty massive piece of poo poo. Maybe I'll borrow it off him and see though.

George posted:

What's frustrating is that they literally gave the whole game Xbox controller support, but they won't post it to the PC because they changed/removed a couple skills that didn't work with it. Honestly, they should do a thing where you can play the Xbox version on PC, have it so it only cross-plays with Xbox and not PC players, problem solved.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Awesome! posted:

why are you showing utility flasks on very strict

15%+ flasks. I like quality flasks I guess.

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

Zero VGS posted:

Somehow I don't think GGG greenlit "automatically drink a potion when your HP is low", if that's even possible in autohotkey.

With AHK you could either screen scrape the health/ES globe or just read memory directly for your health value and then, yeah, trigger button presses based on it which would probably get you super banned. People definitely do it though so :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePope
Nov 9, 2009

Zero VGS posted:

My brother got a Steam Controller as a present and he was excited at first but his final take was that it was a pretty massive piece of poo poo. Maybe I'll borrow it off him and see though.

It's far from perfect, but it works well for PoE. I use the mouse for the passive tree and moving items around, but general gameplay, from leveling to mapping, works perfectly. There's some skills that are a bit more annoying to use with it, but at least it lets me play painfree. As for the Xbox, it's kinda dumb that they don't simply enable an option to use the xbox interface/controller . Sure, not everything works with it, but it'd be better than nothing.