Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Pants Donkey posted:

Evil Queers (and dirty, slutty whores) intentionally spreading HIV to Poor Straight Men has been a myth for decades now. There have been cases where an angry spouse or partner tries to infect their partner, but it’s clearly to murder someone and not because they get off to spreading a deadly virus.

The only person I can think of that had sex while potentially infected with HIV is Ted Rall.

"Bug chasing" implies you're trying to get it on purpose, not that you're trying to give it to someone on purpose

but since I don't have a working theory of what his point actually is, I must concede that, yes, it could very well be that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

loquacius posted:

I know about this because of SA: there is (supposedly) a fetish wherein people try to get HIV on purpose, for fetish reasons

I don't think it's really a "thing" IRL and certainly not worth getting your culture-warrior undies in a knot over

Unfortunately, bug-chasers are a real thing.

Like any other group, we LGBTs have our problem children.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

loquacius posted:

but since I don't have a working theory of what his point actually is

It's your basic slippery slope argument. "If we give children books telling them that homosexuality is something that happens and that it's okay; obviously the next step is books telling children to go have sex with people full of STDs."

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Knowing the content I knew I couldn't be right, but I initially read it as a critique of the anti-vaccination lobby. Cause without vaccines kids get sick.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

The Onion just posted a Kelly from last year.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

D.N. Nation posted:

I have only ever known two people that have willingly owned PT Cruisers

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Iron Crowned posted:

I have only ever known two people that have willingly owned PT Cruisers

They were so popular there were years long lists to get them. I never cared for them either but acting like they were always pariah cars is more than a bit silly.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The Bloop posted:

They were so popular there were years long lists to get them. I never cared for them either but acting like they were always pariah cars is more than a bit silly.

I remember reading an article some years ago that flat out stated that they were so unpopular that the only places that bought them were car rental companies :confused:

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
It was a retro callback, so it was initially wildly popular...then much like all retro nostalgia items, people got tired of it.

https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1047317_the-meteoric-rise-and-catastrophic-fall-of-the-pt-cruiser

Interestingly it could also be seen as a prototype for the "Crossover" style that everyone and their dog has now.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

D.N. Nation posted:

Lady Liberty has a steak on a fork :allears:

Action-Man
Aug 12, 2007

Adventure Time
come on grab your friends

God I hate these comics.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

King Possum III posted:

Unfortunately, bug-chasers are a real thing.

Like any other group, we LGBTs have our problem children.

I'm sad to say I did a lot of reading on this subject after a religious guy threw it in my face about a decade ago.

"bug catching" and "Gift giving" is overwhelming (rare as it even is) a fantasy thing. Like people will write stories about it, read and talk about it but in practise it was and remains rare to the point of significance.

However the idea that the devious gays hold "catch aids parties" was a prevalent and powerful tool.

Katt fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jan 11, 2018

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the crisis in NHS hospitals – Jeremy Hunt acknowledged the NHS will need ‘significantly more funding’ over the next decade as he faced calls from Labour to quit for losing the confidence of doctors, patients and the prime minister"

Telegraph:

Davis and Hammond make plea to Germany in pursuit of Brexit deal

Independent:

Times:

After Alfred Leete.

Evening Standard:

Theresa May proposes plastic-free supermarket aisles in green strategy; Tim Farron 'regrets' saying he believed gay sex was not a sin

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Those who have followed my cartoons for a while have probably come to this conclusion: Ben Garrison loathes Hillary Clinton.

That conclusion is correct. I've despised Hillary for decades, starting with Whitewater, Cattlegate, Filegate, Travelgate and a myriad of other scandals carried out by her and Bill, her ersatz husband.

As a young attorney investigating Watergate, Hillary was fired after being exposed as a liar.

Maybe that unmasking inspired her to create her own ‘gates.’ She was never prosecuted for any of her corruption through the years, and that probably encouraged her still further. She pushed her bayonet through multiple envelopes.

Hill was a huge fan of Saul Alinsky, a so-called ‘radical.’ Another communist, er, radical named Lenin, told his followers to push the bayonet through the mush until steel was encountered. That tactic was used by Hillary and she encountered a lot of mush. She pushed her corruption as far as it could go until the point where she must consider herself above the law.

Our fingers are crossed that Jeff Sessions will reopen investigations over Hillary Clinton’s illegal server, the classified emails that showed up on Huma’s laptop, the destruction of evidence, the campaign money laundering, the corrupt Clinton Foundation, Benghazi, the Uranium One scandal, …shall I go on?

Hillary needs to be investigated, prosecuted and LOCKED UP!

But it never happens. Our Attorney General, Sessions, has recused himself from investigating her crimes. Instead, he’s going after marijuana.

The so-called ‘war on drugs’ has been a monumental flop. It’s a waste of lives, resources, energy and time. Have you learned nothing from prohibition, Jefferson Sessions? I realize President Trump was elected to enforce the rule of law. We want illegal aliens kicked out of the country, for example. Obama certainly didn’t enforce that law.

But marijuana? Leave that up to the states to decide!

-Ben Garrison

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
I took a long sanity break from politoons, and I return to find the Ku Klux Klurf is back? Fuuuck that.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Flip Yr Wig posted:

I took a long sanity break from politoons, and I return to find the Ku Klux Klurf is back? Fuuuck that.

I think it's just a different guy with a similar style?

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010
From the same comics page where Zelda is published:

For comparion, actual Somalian pirate:

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

what the gently caress cishets

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Jurgan posted:

What if it’s night time and you just see a single light floating in darkness?
you slow down until you can tell what's what?

that seems reasonably obvious

Newfie
Oct 8, 2013

10 years of oil boom and 20 billion dollars cash, all I got was a case of beer, a pack of smokes, and 14% unemployment.
Thanks, Danny.

This looks like a "they're asking for it" comic. If so, it's going right in the 2018 gaybie repository.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

"But liberals cuss too!" is going to be the response to the Trump comment.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I like how states rights is just there.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

I got to feel like an innocent young man today as I read this comic and wondered by it was so bad that they were learning biology. :downs:

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

The Bloop posted:

You ever see breaking bad?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Now that newspapers all have "shithole" on their front pages I wonder if that term will start appearing in cartoons regularly?

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Newfie posted:

This looks like a "they're asking for it" comic. If so, it's going right in the 2018 gaybie repository.
Looks more along the lines of "but women in Muslim countries are often treated like poo poo, why don't you #MeToo libs understand how good you have it being ONLY sexually assaulted?"

It's still horrible but IMO gaybie-level it is not.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Pants Donkey posted:

"But liberals cuss too!" is going to be the response to the Trump comment.
I mean, they thought the problem with "grab em by the pussy" was the word "pussy", so...yeah.

I like how a cartoon ostensibly criticizing Sessions has a commentary that's 90% about Hillary.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
More importantly did you find the shoe?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So are any climate change deniers going to try and explain how it is totally natural for the temperature in DC to change by about 50 degrees or so in the span of a week?

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Hunt11 posted:

So are any climate change deniers going to try and explain how it is totally natural for the temperature in DC to change by about 50 degrees or so in the span of a week?
If it's "global warming", shouldn't it have been hot the whole time? :smug:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Looks more along the lines of "but women in Muslim countries are often treated like poo poo, why don't you #MeToo libs understand how good you have it being ONLY sexually assaulted?"

It's still horrible but IMO gaybie-level it is not.

Honestly they look more like a bunch of old-timey widows than like Saudi women.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
:siren:Gay Abortion's nomination post is edited up! Go vote now!:siren:

By request of a few people, I did not prune lists this year. A creator may have more then one submission in a category.

HereCometheKillBots
Jul 21, 2010

Ya gotta give me the shoe :allears:
You'd think Garrison would be all about Sessions going after weed, given that it's a means to put more black people in prison.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

I think that Kamensky is about the backlash the actress who wore red to the Golden Globes caught, when the #MeToo memo was to wear black.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Lord Hydronium posted:

I like how a cartoon ostensibly criticizing Sessions has a commentary that's 90% about Hillary.

I get the feeling that we're gonna need a "Worst breakup with Hillary" category in this year's gaybies.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

OAquinas posted:

It was a retro callback, so it was initially wildly popular...then much like all retro nostalgia items, people got tired of it.

https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1047317_the-meteoric-rise-and-catastrophic-fall-of-the-pt-cruiser

Interestingly it could also be seen as a prototype for the "Crossover" style that everyone and their dog has now.

There was an interesting review I listened to a year ago that pointed out that the modern distaste for the PT Cruiser is largely class-based: as a solid, easy to use and easy to maintain car with nostalgia for the over-60 set, many of the surviving PT Cruisers were owned by senior citizens who didn't use them much, which meant they disproportionately were given to family members who really couldn't get their life together enough to buy their own car, leading to an overwhelming modern association of PT Cruisers with people struggling to make ends meet.

So as much as it's "people got tired of a popular item", it's also "people associate it with failure and being poor".

Hell, Funky Winkerbean had a PT Cruiser a few years ago, and nothing speaks to depression and failure as much as that comic strip's characters.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I can't say I'm surprised that we're still getting "But her emails/benghazi/etc." a year into Trump's presidency, but it's still impressive how the right-wing runs entirely off projection and racism.

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD

skeleton warrior posted:

There was an interesting review I listened to a year ago that pointed out that the modern distaste for the PT Cruiser is largely class-based: as a solid, easy to use and easy to maintain car with nostalgia for the over-60 set, many of the surviving PT Cruisers were owned by senior citizens who didn't use them much, which meant they disproportionately were given to family members who really couldn't get their life together enough to buy their own car, leading to an overwhelming modern association of PT Cruisers with people struggling to make ends meet.

So as much as it's "people got tired of a popular item", it's also "people associate it with failure and being poor".

Hell, Funky Winkerbean had a PT Cruiser a few years ago, and nothing speaks to depression and failure as much as that comic strip's characters.

Sorry you had to drive a PT Cruiser

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Oxyclean posted:

I think it's just a different guy with a similar style?

I bet it's the same guy.

"Oh no everyone. My bigotry is getting in the way of my real life. I gotta gooooooo..."

and he returned under a new alias but exact same style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Lets not forget the mediocrity of outback steakhouse while we rightfully condemn the pt cruiser