Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its a crapshoot and how much damage you do doesn't seem to really matter (except if you get lucky and get the extra gift on a big box). Its really just a numbers game. Plug away with the whites and greens and you'll get more blues and every once and awhile you'll get a purple, orange, or red.

Ultimately do what you enjoy, but it can add up if you can have fun with it. I use it to play with different characters and different teamups and try and keep it interesting. But if you aren't into it there's too many game modes in this to waste your time on stuff you don't like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Its a crapshoot and how much damage you do doesn't seem to really matter (except if you get lucky and get the extra gift on a big box). Its really just a numbers game. Plug away with the whites and greens and you'll get more blues and every once and awhile you'll get a purple, orange, or red.

Ultimately do what you enjoy, but it can add up if you can have fun with it. I use it to play with different characters and different teamups and try and keep it interesting. But if you aren't into it there's too many game modes in this to waste your time on stuff you don't like.

The purple, orange, and reds almost never give bios so I almost hate getting them

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I just got half a million from the X23 chapters again. Either I'm real lucky or the key isn't to play this for bios but to do it for gold.

edit: And again. Thats 4 times in 7 chapter runs. I'll take that turnout even though I still haven't gotten any bios today.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jan 12, 2018

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Honestly, worst part of this update is that Laura doesn't have a good idle animation. She doesn't even snikt. And her claws are like 5 inches too long.

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

bagrada posted:

Right there with you. I knew I should have waited a day. My original plan was Mantis who would have been a better idea than both I bet. Thankfully I'll still get Mantis there with the 6* ticket from this event.

I thought that ticket was for costumes and not for character rankups.

edit:vvvvvvv Cool. Thanks for pointing that out as I hadn't noticed. Is X-23 really that bad? I have her at 5 stars already but I'm wondering if she's not worth using the 6* ticket.

Differo Cathedra fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jan 12, 2018

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

There's a 6* ticket from the log in event and a 6* costume ticket in the Event Store.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Differo Cathedra posted:

I thought that ticket was for costumes and not for character rankups.

edit:vvvvvvv Cool. Thanks for pointing that out as I hadn't noticed. Is X-23 really that bad? I have her at 5 stars already but I'm wondering if she's not worth using the 6* ticket.

I've seen X-23 IS BAD on a couple other forums, I don't get it. She has Wolverine's same healing factor but lower DPS because of the speed class stat distribution and lower numbers on her skills. It's not that huge a dropoff considering Wolverine is one of the best characters in the game.

Wolverine gets 50% guaranteed crit 50% crit damage as a native T2. X-23 gets 10% all attack/speed/crit and then 35% crit, 35% crit damage,12% skill dmg 10% bonus dmg at T2.

She wiped the floor with WB and a late 20s SL stage I tried her in today solo at T1 with no obelisk, 15 gears and skills at 1. T2 will give her a massive DPS boost.

Plus she's about 100 times easier to get than Wolverine.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I haven't had a good go with her yet and I don't have her gear and skills up yet. I'l; take her for a spin in Shadowland when it resets. But my impression is she's good, she's just not Wolverine good so people are going to have off expectations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Everyone already has Wolverine though, Tom

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Laura seems decent to me, but I've only used her in SL once so far. Tried stage 2 with her as a naked 6* and she died, then I rolled her an ISO set and put on a pretty meh survivability obo (recovery rate, invincibility) and she cleared it without breaking a sweat. Wasn't fully solo, she had A13 and Mockingbird as backup but both of them died pretty early. I don't at all regret using 4-5-6 tickets on her but then again I still have like 5 of each of those banked. :shrug:

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

Thanks, definitely ranking her up then. More excellent speed characters are always appreciated.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
So as a relatively new player, what’s the verdict on Satana’s costume? I have enough gems to buy it while it’s on sale, but I’ve only got her at 5 stars, no mastery.

NmareBfly posted:

And her claws are like 5 inches too long.

This really bugged me while looking at her model on the home screen. If her claws were retracted she wouldn’t be able to bend her elbows.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Russad posted:

So as a relatively new player, what’s the verdict on Satana’s costume? I have enough gems to buy it while it’s on sale, but I’ve only got her at 5 stars, no mastery.

It's the best of the bunch of new ones (worth buying because it fills her survivability gap and makes her great lead even better) but if you're new and she's only 5 there's no reason not to wait for a later costume sale

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

fart simpson posted:

Everyone already has Wolverine though, Tom

Everyone but me. I had him at one point. Then, well, I had a few drinks and did some whippets and misplaced him. Just flat out lost him. I don't know if he's coming back.

If you see my tiny man, tell him I miss him.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

quote:

Story:

When A.I.M. ambushed a Stark Industries party where aspiring singer Seol Hee was performing, her attempts to defend the partygoers caused A.I.M. agents to lock her in a storage freezer.

During her escape, she knocked over the contents of an energy experiment, exposing her to elements that granted her ice powers which she then used to defeat A.I.M. Her heroic actions made her an overnight sensation, and she continues to use her talent and powers under the name 'Luna Snow'

hahahah that is the best origin backstory

anyway here's a website with a thing idk what it does

http://marvelfuturefight.netmarble.com/lunasnow/en

there's also a uh, music video with a song. it is very korean.

Mr. Meagles fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jan 12, 2018

Loten
Dec 8, 2005

Further down that page it has some pre-registration reward depending on how many people do it for ~500 (200 + 300) crystals and 10 biometrics.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Owns hard. I can’t tell you how excited I am for Luna Snow. She is my waifu please ask for permish to date her thank you.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

This is funny.

I am amused by the K-Pop original character.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

so can I just rely on other dummies to register on that page and we all get the rewards or do I gotta create a fake email and register and also tie it to my game?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I assume it will pop up as an announcement in the game and get filled easy. But you might have to join in to get the stuff.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
This was the price Marvel paid for getting them to get rid of the Ultimates box wasn't it.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Come on, register. I need those easy crystals.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I hit pre reg on the game, is that all I needed to do?

I'm hoping AN Wolverine costume will fix laura's really silly design. It looks like it was based on the X-men Evolution artwork. I mean that makes sense as its where she first appeared, but it doesn't look good.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
I'm really enjoying X-23, she seems to have super good healing ability, a nice bleed and loads of x-frames to exploit. I'm not sure why people say she is bad? I cleared an early SL stage with her at level 46 or so.

I don't have her super geared either, I've only been playing a month so I don't have that many resources to throw at her. The only thing I whaled on was to get her to 6* mastery on the first day.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

sad!!!!!!!!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Ramadu posted:

sad!!!!!!!!

Noob

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Ok for all the end game bros out there the best for x23 has to be Hulk

We all have him T2 with max uni cause CTP, he can lead himself and since even the hardest difficulty are chumps he's perfect

Also I at finally got one of those half mil (last time all I got was one x23 bio, literally nothing else of note except 5* gear and gently caress that) so my faith is restored

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

actually useful PSA from the annals of reddit re: the event costume ticket posted:

To be clear, it takes a character uni from Legendary to Mythic, and NOT from any rank to mythic.

I had no idea

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Yeah that was a good thing to note, I ran into that problem last time they did this. Still nice but I may go for the phoenix feathers instead since I'm finishing Jean and have Cable on deck. Last time (Black Friday? Christmas? I forget) I actually bought their $25 package for the points to get the mythic uniform ticket right away then was mad I had to sit on it rather than it jumping me right to the 6* card from the cinema battles rewards.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Phoenix feathers are really easy to farm so I wouldn't do that. Like if you're going to buy resources crystals and chaos stones take a lot longer to collect and can't be capped. Once you finish Jean suddenly you'll find you always have 2000 feathers.

The value of the uniform ticket is basically that it takes like 480 bios to go from legendary to mythic. So it's basically more than twice the value of the bio package not even counting the uniform kits, stones, and gold you save. It's not something you can just use all at once but it's a huge resources saver when you do.

I've been using the Shadowland uniform tickets for Vulture since his bios are a grind to get.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I spent 3bux to get a 6* absorbing man.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I guess I just see the uniform ranks as win-more, unless they have a reward tacked to them like the Ragnarok chars and Wolverine. Maybe it's something I'll work on more as my roster finishes up. I have ShaRog and all 5 ragnarok crew at max, and haven't bothered with anyone else though I think Iron Fist and Elsa are up a level or so since I had them at T2 first, and I just bumped Wolvie for the X23 bios. If I got uniform tickets now I'd probably save them for infinity war or the next time they do a reward tie in.

I have Cable and Apoc lined up after Jean to keep chugging feathers. I don't really need Cable aside from covering a mid to high SL level but I guess I either need to keep working on him or use crystals to unlock Apocalypse, who I could really use for ABX.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It probably depends where you are in the game. Like, 6 months ago that 200 bios might have seemed really attractive to me. Now I know I can get that in Shadowlands each week or buy some from my alliance store or do a ton of WBI and Tracking missions so its just not a big deal. But I know that uniform ticket is worth 480 bios, 300 uniform kits, and a bunch of stones. So its just the best long term investment.

But yeah, uniforms are more of a later stage thing to worry about. So you'd probably be buying it and stashing it until you needed it. So if there's something you need more, go for it.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Yeah the uni ticket is worth a bunch even if it's not a mega. 320 / 480 is a big honkin' load of bios and the free 220 uniform kits are nothing to sneeze at either. Those are more limiting than the bios depending on the character, since you're limited by the dimension rift farm rate.

I'm the same re: mythicaling ones that don't have a separate reward. Huge investment for not much gain. I've levelled a bunch a little bit just to not waste XP while grinding but usually only to rare or so.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, right now the only ones I have at Mythic are Sharon Rogers, Strange, and Thor. I'm working on Wolverine, Loki, and Hulk and I'll do Hela for the reward. And I'm using tickets on Vulture. So yeah, its not a huge priority. Its just something I've recently become conscious of. Otherwise I just work everyone up to Rare and then kinda say "whatever."

But like, I'm plenty guilty of doing the short term thing I want more than the long term "smart" thing. Just today I T2ed Iron Man just like I've been T2ing a dozen of the early story people. Realistically I should be saving those resources and working on the native T2s. But I just have more fun bumping these lesser guys up. And in the end its a game, not a job.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jan 12, 2018

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Man I've completely ignored upgrading costumes unless something forced me to. It can really make that much of a difference? Upgrading AoA Wolverine didn't seem to improve him too much.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, I think its a difference of a 10% bump at Normal to a 23% bump at Mythic? That's obviously not world breaking but its not insignificant. Plus you get bonuses from matching costumes and they can add up, especially if you reroll to get the most useful one.

I don't know. It was never a priority for me but now that most of my roster is at Level 60 it makes sense to shift my resources towards costumes.

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

Unrelated to uniform chat but

:woop: Finally beat Odin :woop:

Used Proxima as lead and Fugitive Wolverine and The Carter to actually do the damage. Had like 200 hp on Sharon when he died. Literally cheered.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

Man I've completely ignored upgrading costumes unless something forced me to. It can really make that much of a difference? Upgrading AoA Wolverine didn't seem to improve him too much.

Nah. If you have a husbando or waifu you want to get more swole then feel free, but it's not a big deal tbh. The bonuses are great, it's more a question of if they're necessary. The character balance in this game is all outta whack, and the issue is usually 'can I clear the content I want to clear.' Thing is, if the answer is no then upgrading a uni is really expensive time and materials wise when you could just be grabbing another native T2, and those can clear basically everything right out of the box. Strange and Wolvie are the only two contenders that are both top-tier meta and also have costumes, so upgrading them can be useful if you're trying to make progress in WBU? Maybe Thanos.

Nearly everyone else, the only real time you'll see any benefit at all from upgrading is in PvP / Alliance Conquest -- and even then it's not going to be huge if your mythical'ed squirrel girl is going up against a Jean or something. Building for PVP is a fool's errand because you'll inevitably run into a megawhale.

I have Sharon at mythic but other than that it's just Loki, Thor, Hela, and almost Hulk because you get something extra for all of them. Thanos and Strange at legendary mostly for want of more uniform kits.

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jan 13, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

:eyepop: