Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BEST KONG
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 76 6.13%
Diddie Kong 75 6.05%
Dixie Kong 84 6.77%
Lankey Kong 129 10.40%
Funky Kong 189 15.24%
Mario 198 15.97%
Tiny Kony 65 5.24%
Candy Kong 61 4.92%
Chunky Kong 89 7.18%
Cranky Kong 125 10.08%
Wrinkley Kong (R.I.P.) :qq: 149 12.02%
Total: 719 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
He was just nervous, it doesn't seem like there's a lot to talk about after the mechanics are introduced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

LAY-ZX posted:

This dude's like precisely the opposite of chill, it's like if he stops talking he'll die

:shrug: maybe it's the music... he doesn't really bother me much. I'm mostly surprised there's so much to talk about with a game that has such a simple concept.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

tyblazitar posted:

drat you guys are harsh

He's doing fine but definitely is nervous.

And he doesn't even have time to settle in with a 10m run

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I'm gonna take this opportunity to do some shopping because I don't want to miss Densha de D.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

This guy is fine, nice to listen to, just a bit of nerves.

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

TeaJay posted:

I'm gonna take this opportunity to do some shopping because I don't want to miss Densha de D.

When is Densha happening because I'm super hype for that

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Mandarrrrrk! Bring me the head of Dexter and Dee Dee shall forever be yours!
"REALLY bouncy like........REALLY bouncy"

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

This seems like one of those games where I couldn't even play but then here's this dude doing it at mach 1

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I'm getting anxiety listening to this dude. Don't blame him for having nerves or anything, it's just stressing me out

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

LAY-ZX posted:

This seems like one of those games where I couldn't even play but then here's this dude doing it at mach 1

yeah that was pretty cool and impressive imo

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
SEE, HE MENTIONED CELESTE

I WAS ON THE RIGHT TRACK

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

yeah that wasn't bad at all... dude talked a bunch but he wasn't annoying or grating

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

abraxas posted:

When is Densha happening because I'm super hype for that

It's currently scheduled for, like, 2 hours from now, but since the schedule keeps shifting I don't want to take a chance I'll "quickly" pop to the store and miss it.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
I thought that game and run were pretty cool, and the runner was obviously nervous but still did well and kept up the commentary.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Hooooo. Almost forgot to breathe, there

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

TeaJay posted:

It's currently scheduled for, like, 2 hours from now, but since the schedule keeps shifting I don't want to take a chance I'll "quickly" pop to the store and miss it.

Dang I hope I don't miss it that falls right into my lunch break time

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Cloudbuilt up next? That's definitely one of those games that's impressive to watch but I could never get into it.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
UGH

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
this song is :krad:

edit: the one before peach's castle

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

I liked the music in that last level.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

RUSEV

MACHKAAAAA

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I think there was a previous Cloudbuilt run on a GDQ before and that game looked like BS.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Dias posted:

I think there was a previous Cloudbuilt run on a GDQ before and that game looked like BS.

Oh, it's very BS. It's like a twitch precision platformer in 3D, now with more sides of buildings you can fall off of.

Also the story is really dumb but it seems to be a love it or hate it sort of game.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
did that guy just flash a Mio t-shirt?

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

800k!

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

I love this announcer because he's doing his level best to escape Cornwall but the wee hours continue to claw him back to his roots

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
this dev is swedish af

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

tyblazitar posted:

this dev is swedish af

how do you even tell are there dala horses and banana curry pizzas in the game

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

This jetpack mechanic is the real killer. Combined with some of the precision bits, it will kill you between misses and just running out of it.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Dias posted:

how do you even tell are there dala horses and banana curry pizzas in the game

the accent

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

Yeah this is a prime example of a game I find fascinating to watch someone be real good at it, but you'd have to pay me to play this myself

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

tyblazitar posted:

the accent

I just now realized there was a dev call. That is very swedish.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Also, I always found the ponytail sticking out of the suit to look dumb.

And these little bits between the levels where she's lying in bed is just her pondering her existence.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
i'm not sure if i like it or not but the visual design for this game is very unique

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I was wondering if EVERYONE in Sweden spoke English and apparently yeah, they do.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Dias posted:

I was wondering if EVERYONE in Sweden spoke English and apparently yeah, they do.

in scandinavia and netherlands (maybe belgium? not sure) you can basically assume that everyone below the age of 70 speaks english at minimum at a conversational level

edit: also probably finland and several other european countries as well

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
I really want to like this game but I know that if I ever bought it I would absolutely break a controller or keyboard in frustration after five minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Dias posted:

Get your own language, Swedes! :freep:

• Locked thread