Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

The Vile Tat

Sailor Moon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
The cast of Achewood hasn't had a great track record in the Games so far but maybe Lyle can score some kills. The psycho fox from Pandyland can come too.

Lyle

P. Foxxe

I'm sure they won't make it past day two, like usual

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.
Motivated by revenge...

"You Goons killed my brudda!"

Uncle Fester Addams

Motivated by strengthening medicine and marketing choices...

"There can be only one!"

Inexplicable Cowboy Tigger

(That's 26 by my count so far)

Doubtful Guest fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jan 11, 2018

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
One of my favourite ever Sci Fi character

Scorpius

and Roly-Poly Batfaced Girl

Leos Klein
Mar 11, 2011

ALL HAIL CARDIEL

Guy Fieri

Russell Westbrook

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
If we still have space I would like to nominate Nemesis representing the Umbrella Corperation:

And Sammy Stephens, representing Montgomery Flea Market:

DeadButDelicious fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Jan 13, 2018

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

CHARIZARD used SMOKESCREEN
It doesn't affect GEORDI THE BLASTOISE!
By my count we're up to 32 now! The games will resume tomorrow, and there's still a bit of room (we have to have either 36 or 48 to run the game.) I'll top it off if need be, but feel free to send some in if you haven't already!

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Mickey Mouse and his Terrifying Santa Lovedoll

and

A Real Donald Duck

Trivial Fursuit
Dec 18, 2009
I nominate:

A Perfectly Ordinary Rooster

and A Delicious Flan

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

Sweet, that gets us to 36. Still room for more if anyone else wants to submit, we can run up to 48 at once. Game will start in a little less than 24 hours from this post.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Miles McCloud posted:

Sweet, that gets us to 36. Still room for more if anyone else wants to submit, we can run up to 48 at once. Game will start in a little less than 24 hours from this post.

Man, I literally learned about this whole thing like 2 days ago, and now I'm super pumped and want more :toot:

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
I went back and gathered some stats from the thread for the hell of it, including the first three seasons from a different thread.

Winners:
S1: Ryu
S2: Shadow the Hedgehog
S3: Subway Drones
S4: James Garfield
S5: Hideo Kojima
S6: Mr. Bones
S7: An Ordinary Llama
S8: Big Smoke
S9: I Am Bread
S10: Doom Guy
S11: Mike McDonald
S12: Mister Tibbs

First to Die:
S1: Joe Camel
S2: Mantifa
S3: Chris Thile
S4: Guy Fieri
S5: Baloo
S6: Lex
S7: Master Shake
S8: Uncle Gunman
S9: Fit Steven Seagal
S10: Ivan Drago
S11: Murderous Hay Bale
S12: Gwen Ifil

Most Violent Tribute: Antifa Punisher (Season 5, 8 kills)
Deadliest Day: 26 kills in one day (Season 6)

Once we have enough I have a dumb idea; run a Champion's Round of 24 winners, and a Hell/Redemption Round of the 24 who died first in each season.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Man, I literally learned about this whole thing like 2 days ago, and now I'm super pumped and want more :toot:

Prepare yourself for crushing disappointment, my characters never do as well as I want them to.

Apart from Prince George.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

I Said No posted:

I went back and gathered some stats from the thread for the hell of it, including the first three seasons from a different thread.

Winners:
S1: Ryu
S2: Shadow the Hedgehog
S3: Subway Drones
S4: James Garfield
S5: Hideo Kojima
S6: Mr. Bones
S7: An Ordinary Llama
S8: Big Smoke
S9: I Am Bread
S10: Doom Guy
S11: Mike McDonald
S12: Mister Tibbs

First to Die:
S1: Joe Camel
S2: Mantifa
S3: Chris Thile
S4: Guy Fieri
S5: Baloo
S6: Lex
S7: Master Shake
S8: Uncle Gunman
S9: Fit Steven Seagal
S10: Ivan Drago
S11: Murderous Hay Bale
S12: Gwen Ifil

Most Violent Tribute: Antifa Punisher (Season 5, 8 kills)
Deadliest Day: 26 kills in one day (Season 6)

Once we have enough I have a dumb idea; run a Champion's Round of 24 winners, and a Hell/Redemption Round of the 24 who died first in each season.

That or we do an all-star and anti-star match with the champions and first to bite the dust. The max amount is 48 characters, correct? It should be feasible.

E: Or rather in this case, 24: 1 champion and 1 first blooded combatant from 12 seasons.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Sad King Billy posted:

Prepare yourself for crushing disappointment, my characters never do as well as I want them to.

Apart from Prince George.

I just love brackets like these, aa well as when Howard Stern used to do it, and in Smash Bros.

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

So I ran a test simulation with the guys we have now to make sure the events I messed with worked and 33 of 48 tributes died on the first day (using some placeholders). The remaining tributes piddled around bit and the game ended on day 4.

The "790" head thing won, if you're wondering. And the Irish tentacle monster did bad things with Sailor Moon in the garden shed, which was...appropriate?

I am not going to use this particular simulation (some events needed proofing anyway), but holy poo poo.

Headed to bed now, will post the beginning of the real event in the morning. Any last minute submissions are still welcome!

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

Hello all and welcome back to The Hunger Games! Sponsored by Costco. They call me MISTER TIBBS! Your previous champion. I'm contractually obligated to inform that aside from being allowed to live, I won a lifetime Costco Executive membership, and a lifetime supply Costco muffins.

Good morning folks, rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated! I am personally very happy that Costco has rebuilt our hidden alcove behind optometry, and reinforced it with a steel wall. It would take a high power explosive to breech into our chambers, something the tributes do not have access to.

(Feverishly consuming items from the food court)

Doomguy is currently enjoying a vacation to Disneyland, courtesy of Costco! He should return in a future season. We've been promised that his protection won't be necessary.

(Image of a disgruntled looking Doomguy standing in from of the Disneyland castle appears on screen)

We have a very special treat for you today. We've managed to "acquire" the entire extended cast of hit 1990's sitcome "FRIENDS"!

Is finally time to answer the ol' question: Since Ross the largest friend, why he not simply eat the others?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

[in extremely Postal Dude voice] This is gonna be sweet!

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Oh man, Districts 10-12 :allears:

Nobody told me the Hunger Games were gonna be this way.

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

BEGIN THE GAMES!

Only an hour in and we're already down one friend! I expected better from you, Joey!
drat foo', that fruity frenchman done been tearing poo poo up!

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Sammy Stephens is basically an evolved Gary Coleman, so the Postal Dude teaming up with him is understandable.

Not sure about the sentient tattoo, though.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol at Guy Fieri grabbing food and running

I Said No
May 21, 2007

I like how some of the tributes come back to life between seasons. Pretty sure Guy Fieri was killed in one of the previous ones. This also applies to Doom Guy who later went on to win, so who knows?
Jonesing for a showdown between Guy Fieri and Ainsley Harriott though.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

I Said No posted:

I like how some of the tributes come back to life between seasons. Pretty sure Guy Fieri was killed in one of the previous ones. This also applies to Doom Guy who later went on to win, so who knows?
Jonesing for a showdown between Guy Fieri and Ainsley Harriott though.

So long as flavortown exists, Guy Fieri is tied to this world

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

Hey, they all outta Chik'n bakes!

They promised me that The Ugly Naked Guy would keep his pants on.
Are you sure that's the Ugly Naked Guy from Friends? I feel like I've seen him before somewhere...
Uh...guys, he coming over to one of the cameras...he right on top of it...
:goatsecx:
Oh my god.
:barf:
Kill the feed! Kill the feed!
What...what is that man doing to he anus?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

How like him! :newlol:

The "naked" man, however...:gonk:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

My wife and I have been binging (heh... That looks like bing-ing) Friends for the past 3-4 weeks, and I'm definitely amused by just how many characters have made it into this season.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

Three kills for Louis the 13th(?) so far. Is it just me or are aristocracy usually bastards in the games? More than usual I mean.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

I know he prefers the exit.

:monocle:

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Somehow the game has to know how the contestants would really act. Too much poo poo is just too in character. Rachel Green works in fashion in the show and camoflauges herself in the clothing department for fucks sake.

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
Nah, you notice the minority of events that work for the characters, but not the majority that are mismatched or absurd. Also you create your own narrative and bring in elements that match the event. That’s also how cold reading, horoscopes, and prophecy work.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Don't believe StuffMuddin's lies.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Is there a battle royal game which allows for character traits and skills ?
Cause that would be even better.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Is there a battle royal game which allows for character traits and skills ?
Cause that would be even better.

Ultimate Arena kinda has that. Strength/Endurance, how much health they have and how hard they can hit, agility for farting around the map, skill determining how often they make weapons, luck determining if they hit traps and probably small stuff.

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

We're back, and we apologize for any viewers who may have disturbed by the events earlier today. Costco does not endorse...whatever it was that man was doing with his anus.

Yo, I was just thinking...what happens if that dude wins, I mean, we gonna have to hang with him?

I'm sure that won't happen...will it?

I'd like to point out that earlier today, both of our tributes that exist as disembodied heads managed to sprain their ankles, and a chunk of flan got homesick. Anything is possible on the Something Awful Hunger Games, sponsored by Costco!

Speaking of which, let's check back in and see what's happening down in this arena!

drat, that French dandy dude done punked them lesbians chicks.
If you do it with a Nuckalavee, wouldn't that be "making the beast with THREE backs"?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
gently caress yeah Louis of France is the peoples champions.

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.
Careful Fester! You have a known weakness for murderous blondes!

The anonymous medical supplies for Ugly Naked Guy. I assume that's in the form of suppositories.

Louis XIII is just loving with the other tributes now.

Doubtful Guest fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jan 15, 2018

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Sammy plotting to turn this CostCo hell into a new flew market, promising Gunther space for a coffee shop.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

In real life Louis XIII was an extremely passive man who let Cardinal Richelieu run the country for him, so to see him as a sociopathic murderous prankster is a bit of a trip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Moon Slayer posted:

In real life Louis XIII was an extremely passive man who let Cardinal Richelieu run the country for him, so to see him as a sociopathic murderous prankster is a bit of a trip.

Lou let Richie run the country so that he'd have more time to pursue his true passion: murder.