Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

twistedmentat posted:

It just says outfits, so I'm kinda worried we won't have a chance to get characters from this year we missed.

Event is up. Looks like $5 for Odin, $10 for Hank Pym and $15 for the skinny Banner Hulk costume. You send those guys and a starter char on actions for one part, get the other from missions and need a ton for hulkbuster. More to be added as the event goes on. I see on the chart Bucky, Valkyrie, Iron Lad, Heimdall, Ironheart and that zombie dude from Halloween plus star lord, Iron cap and maybe a female venom costume? I missed those first time around so not sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's Gwenom.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Do I need to buy Banner? I already had Odin and and Pym and I don't have any other quests/

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Do I need to buy Banner? I already had Odin and and Pym and I don't have any other quests/

That's all there is. There's no quests besides the recruitment ones.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Not unless you want to. The only benefit to having Banner is that you can farm slightly more are reactors.

Which is pointless because the limiting factor seems to be metal scraps, which the mission board for some stupid reason doesn't prioritize. At the rate they are currently dropping, doing missions with 100% uptime and assuming a scrap mission is always available, it would still take between 28 and 36 days to get the hulkbuster armor.

This event is looking real dumb y'all.

EDIT: actually, it looks like they're saying that you can spend arc plating to purchase stuff other than Hulkbuster armor later on, so that could be okay, but the not prioritizing metal scraps is still real fuckin dumb.

Old Kentucky Shark fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Jan 4, 2018

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

New voice spoilers:
An Iron Legion robot, and the newscaster from the story cutscenes. Posters on Reddit have been asking Tinyco to make her a character for a while.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That's dumb, we need Wanda and Pietro first.

The only characters I can imagine myself actually buying from this event are Winter Soldier and Hawkeye. Both times they were available I got screwed out of getting them by RNG.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jan 5, 2018

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Round two of the best of event is live in AVAC with free Star Lord if you didn't have him already.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I'm still not sure what these prizes that I could get instead of the Hulkbuster are. I don't really give a poo poo about the Hulkbuster, but I was hoping I could get Heimdall. Turns out you need shards for him.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Round 3 live with free Spider-Gwen.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

paradoxGentleman posted:

I'm still not sure what these prizes that I could get instead of the Hulkbuster are. I don't really give a poo poo about the Hulkbuster, but I was hoping I could get Heimdall. Turns out you need shards for him.

Just decos so far.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Phew, I was just thinking I don't have nearly enough side quests sitting on my side bar, thank god for this event.

Is this the last of it then? I already had pretty much all the decorations so I guess I'll see if I can go for Hulkbuster at this point.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Retro Futurist posted:

Phew, I was just thinking I don't have nearly enough side quests sitting on my side bar, thank god for this event.

Is this the last of it then? I already had pretty much all the decorations so I guess I'll see if I can go for Hulkbuster at this point.

That should be the last of it yeah. Faq says it ends tomorrow afternoon.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I wonder how many shards you would have had to spend to actually get Hulkbuster.

I think I have enough for like 10 armor pieces.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

I wonder how many shards you would have had to spend to actually get Hulkbuster.
Before they upped the drop rate, I saw it estimated at $100 for the metal alone.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Well let's see, it can't be that bad, only works out to...1760 reactors and 880 metal pieces.
Oh well, you could always spend nearly $30 on an outfit instead.

Whatever at least it gave me a bit of a break for a week.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

It was kind of fun to do Foggy's story again.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

New event interview is up for AVAC. A-Force, and Pepper return. New chars are Red She Hulk, the newscaster and various now recruitable henchmen who usually hide in the bushes in the plot scenes. Bad guy will be Proxima Midnight so they may send one Black Order at us a month leading up to Infinity War.

I didn't mind redoing the stories during the last event, but then realized its all xp to get me that much closer to level 37 where my gold income will apparently drop even further.

@twistedmentat - new costume for Angela mentioned.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
So basically they're just gonna roll with the Thanos poo poo up through Infinity War and after that, who knows? I guess the Fox thing getting closer to wrapped 6 months from now makes it easier for them to bring the stuff we actually want into the game at that point...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

We know they'd like to do the X-Men but you don't half rear end that. It should be a long major thing, but they're required by their contract to do something for the movies and TV shows.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

bagrada posted:

@twistedmentat - new costume for Angela mentioned.

How'd you know I have a thing for Angela? And dammit, where's Wanda?

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If they're gonna do Wanda, and they probably aren't, it would make more sense to do her in May, when the movie she's in actually comes out.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

I have Tigra, the Aim Scientist, Angela and Captain Marvel all waiting to be recruited. Man.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

I normally don't go for the costumes, but I really want all the listed costumes...

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

If they're gonna do Wanda, and they probably aren't, it would make more sense to do her in May, when the movie she's in actually comes out.

During one of the end of event chats, Fury tells Wiccan they need to find his mom, his REAL mom, so that's a pretty strong indication Scarlet Witch is going to to be added to the game at some point.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She's the only Avenger not in now right? Seems like an obvious add for some part of this Infinity War stuff.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

She's the only Avenger not in now right? Seems like an obvious add for some part of this Infinity War stuff.

It would be obvious if she weren't a mutant. Mutants have been conspicuously absent from the lineup at every step of the game.

Which is weird, because video games are explicitly exempt from all the various contracts marvel made to license their characters different various studios as long as they don't explicitly use the movie likenesses of the characters from non MCU films. But there has to be some reason they're avoiding it, because not having Wolverine be a teacher at the Academy is just leaving money on the table.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Wanda hasn't been a mutants for like 4 years now. Squirrel Girl was a mutant until about that time too.

Both got notes from their parents saying "Mutant, no way" and that's legally binding.

Though yea not having mutants in the game is just not good buisness. People still love the X-men, I know i would spend way too much money on an X-men event to make sure I got everyone.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also the school thing is so obvious.

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

It would be obvious if she weren't a mutant. Mutants have been conspicuously absent from the lineup at every step of the game.

Which is weird, because video games are explicitly exempt from all the various contracts marvel made to license their characters different various studios as long as they don't explicitly use the movie likenesses of the characters from non MCU films. But there has to be some reason they're avoiding it, because not having Wolverine be a teacher at the Academy is just leaving money on the table.

Marvel at some point said no more mutants in games either. Thats why you’ll have some like Puzzle Quest and Marvel Heroes that had them, then newer ones that didn’t. That’s been relaxed, even before the Fox purchase, and some other games have added them, but Academy hasn’t yet.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I think they are more likely to start a new game with a Xavier's School rather than add most mutants to Av Ac. There are too many mutants people would want and there's already almost too many characters in the current game. They had to patch it so most of them would hide in buildings when not being used and people are running out of space on campus. That said, SWitch, Quicksilver, Beast, Wolverine and Rogue were Avengers at some point (plus Havok and probably others I'm missing) so I could see them being added as a cash grab when things slow down.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'd certainly play Xavier School, but I'd prefer they expand the campus in MA. That would fix a lot of the overcrowding.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

I don't have Angela, so as of right now I can only use Loki, and can't upgrade his combat skills beyond 2.

Should I send him against the Chitauri Warrior boss as soon as I gather the needed Nullifiers, or wait until I have enough for two fights? Basically, does he have a chance against the Streak 2 boss?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I have Angela and Loki so I can fight the goons, but I'm now at medium chance to win, and i still need 3 more posters for the totally not star trek chess set.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah if you don't buy She-Hulk you need to take a chance at some Mediums, or grind some non-guaranteed drop rates.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sounds like some big changes when the Thanos update hits.

Facebook seems to be the only source for this: https://www.facebook.com/AvengersAcademy/

quote:

We have a big announcement for Avengers Academy: Thanos has arrived to invade Earth, working alongside Marvel’s most dangerous villains! In response, Nick Fury is activating his ultimate contingency plan, transforming Avengers Academy into a battle ready base of operations from which to strike back.

Director Fury needs your help, and the help of your heroes to defeat Thanos. We will be previewing more information about the changes coming, including changes to combat, updated hero management with permanent hero upgrades and a brand new mission board.

Curious to know more? Continue to check back for more details in the next several days and remember to leave questions and comments at (it's an internal link to Facebook after this)

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Thank god I don't care about anyone in this event because I'm so far behind. I already had all the A-force characters and i'm not interested in Red Shulk. The only thing I cared about was Ms Marvel costume, but then I spent way too much on trying to get it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They've posted 2 updates about the changes if you check out Facebook by the way.

The mission sidebar is cleaned up into a multi tab menu that categories missions to be easier to navigate.

And they're adding in a more robust upgrade system with unique character abilities and permanent combat ranks.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The permanent combat upgrades are the biggest thing. In some events I've gotten characters insanely high in combat skill, to only have to start over again in the next event at zero. I mean, Loki is available for every single event but is always really crummy at the start.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The question is how it will affect event balance though.

It seems similar to Futurama's recently added combat/level model, and over there battles are level gated and events can't be completed without max level characters, including boosting newly acquired event characters to max.

But Futurama has a different leveling and money generation setup than MAA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aphrodite posted:

The question is how it will affect event balance though.

It seems similar to Futurama's recently added combat/level model, and over there battles are level gated and events can't be completed without max level characters, including boosting newly acquired event characters to max.

But Futurama has a different leveling and money generation setup than MAA.

Is that the Tinyco Futurama game? I tried it but it had the same annoying RNG that Family Guy had.

• Locked thread