Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The fact that MW Cores are "Hold X to delete all" and Shaders are "Hold X to delete one", and it's going to take 9 months to change it, tells me that Bungie actually has zero idea why cores and shaders work the way they do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The fact that MW Cores are "Hold X to delete all" and Shaders are "Hold X to delete one", and it's going to take 9 months to change it, tells me that Bungie actually has zero idea why cores and shaders work the way they do

I am not a programmer by any stretch, but they may just be different classes of object:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Class_(computer_programming)

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
why does ONE thing do this thing and a DIFFERENT thing do that thing!

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Wrecks, having slayed ABGD and assumed uncontested dominance over the dead gay game slack, roasts and serves his defeated enemy’s penis

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/hRb1VG2

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Legs Benedict posted:

because people have spent the last 6 months attacking them for not revealing what their plans are and not talking about future plans even if it’s a while out? Maybe that???

Wow it’s almost like you missed my point that the game should have launched with this feature

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

I see the coordinated memes are here

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I see the coordinated memes are here

they’re good memes clark

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

why does ONE thing do this thing and a DIFFERENT thing do that thing!

Lol let’s defend bungies inventory management and interface design,lets loving do it boys

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Wow it’s almost like you missed my point that the game should have launched with this feature

man i get you on this but after a certain point doesn't it get old to harp about this?

"[GAME] should have launched with [FEATURE]" feels like something we've been doing since the internet era, poo poo is exhausting

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

wintrrmute posted:

they’re good memes clark

you can do better

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Bone Krew drama is more compelling than anything in Destiny 2

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Legs Benedict posted:

man i get you on this but after a certain point doesn't it get old to harp about this?
No, not really. Honestly, D2 and Fallout 4 have given me a lot of mileage in bitching about how poorly thought out they are.

Not so much in the gameplay aspect, but you gotta make do when you work 12 hour shifts.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Yeah I need to brain cleanse so I don’t go type blind and popping off a fresh shitpost does the trick

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
I only skimmed the last couple pages but it sounds like ABGD has been excommunicated from Bone Krew, if so just buy a PS4 and join #TeamMoana

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

texaholic posted:

I only skimmed the last couple pages but it sounds like ABGD has been excommunicated from Bone Krew, if so just buy a PS4 and join #TeamMoana

Nah just the slack I still play games that are not Destiny with a bunch of the boys

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
You never really quit Bone Krew. it's one of many similarities to the Hotel California

also including:

So I called up the Captain,
'Please bring me my wine'
He said, 'we haven't had that spirit here since nineteen sixty-nine'

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

*is pretty neutral overall, has nothing to say

Aight, get back to your squabbling y'all

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
"We’re taking the time we need in development of Expansion 2 that will allow us to react to player feedback from Curse of Osiris. In the coming months, we’ll talk to you more about what you can expect to find in Destiny 2’s next story. "

So like... that's objectively good news that they want Expansion 2 to be good, but it's disheartening to hear that CoO wasn't an Oopsy-Daisy. They really thought that would be A-OK, and they're taking the feedback that we don't want paid expansions to be shallow doo-doo and it's going to delay it by Months? What the hell were they planning on?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

the true grind is for a 160 instant summon sparrow :argh:

JorgeHWB
Jan 15, 2016

Aww, ugly duckling...
bawk-bawk

hiddenriverninja posted:

the true grind is for a 160 instant summon sparrow :argh:

i have 3 :colbert:

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Fuckin seed accounts

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I have still not returned to games like The Division or Diablo 3. With The Division I have tried two times but I dont know what to do or where to go or what is good gear and what is poo poo.

I like most changes, but 6vs6 is the one that feel more important. Raid perks in raid weapons and raid mods can be the one thing that save the game for me but it may also be again a weak fart if they continue ignoring the power fantasy and continue giving us tools with mediocre utility to make their work balancing the game easier.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

gently caress balance

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
The problem with the division is that it loving sucks

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Cover shooters are the loving worst

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Genuinely surprised that they swallowed their pride and are reintroducing 6v6 PvP, that's the best news out of all of this and will actually make the Crucible worthwhile and fun again, I just hope they don't gently caress it up and limit it to one crappy mode or something. They should just drop 4v4 entirely now, leaving it in the game is dumb.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I hope the masterwork armor effect stacks with multiple pieces and you become nigh invincible in super with four of them

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

hiddenriverninja posted:

I hope the masterwork armor effect stacks with multiple pieces and you become nigh invincible in super with four of them

Which will mean a nerf to poledancer, and a massive balance issue between hardcore players who wreck crucible with all masterworks, and casuals who are like tissue paper in PvE without them.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
They need to go absolutely nuts with PvP game modes and modifications to gameplay, just tons of options to choose from. Then let the unpopular stuff quietly die out and eventually get removed or something.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

All they need is 6v6 Clash, Control, Mayhem and Rift, maybe on random rotation or something where it picks the mode when changing maps. Then have a Rumble mode and revert Trials back to 3v3. The new modes all suck and should be binned along with 4v4. Adding some more power ammo packs to maps on alternating cooldowns would be good as well, but I know Bungie is weary of letting people have too much fun.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
They really need to make the movement good again. The movement was what make the game unique and fun.

I know what they were going for, balance above all else. But it didn't work and they need to gently caress that mentality off.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Glad I have not done a single milestone this week so that I can cash them out tomorrow for guaranteed Crimson Days garbage.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Why not have at least one game mode thats "fun" available at all times.

Mayhem is fine but if you think Halo you had SWAT, griffball, king of the hill, the halloween specials game modes, turkey hunting, bags of fun garbage.

Destinys fun mode is " your special abilty recharges slightly faster than it did in D1"

pars
Sep 7, 2011
Masterwork armor will be a small increase, making it take like 3-4 more AR shots to kill you in your super with a full set.

Reddit will piss and moan because they say it is too minuscule and doesn't matter
Class items will not be able to be masterworked because they have no stats, Reddit will once again be furious

I'm beginning to enjoy Destiny 2 by taking pleasure from Reddit's self induced suffering

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
The main perk of masterwork armor is the ability to change their stats, with super armor being a small bonus. Just like orb generation is the main perk of weapons.

Edit: not saying that's a great and needed improvement, but it's the obvious thought behind it

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I cannot wait to have 10/10 res/rec armor

gently caress yes, I'm legit excited

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Countdown to the reveal being you can change between the three set stat distributions, thereby not having any actual effect beyond cosmetics.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I am bad at videogames, but I have a lot of experience actually.

What happened in Destiny 1 is that I could get more resilience than other people, and make my character a bit more tanky than necessary. I would sacrifice stuff like recovery or mobility. Then I would play the raids a loving million times, sometimes 4 or 5 times with the same character in the same week. I would get the raid weapons that increase my odds to complete the raid. I was not "getting gud" the way PvP people get gud, I was using my patience to beat hard content, learning, gaining experience, gaining tiny bits of advantage here and there.

With Destiny 2, on my warlock I feel made of a wet paper bag. My character is weak and die easily. I can do the raid a million times, but will not get any more powerful. I can't do much with my build because builds don't exist on Destiny 2. There are a few gimmick builds in Destiny 2 for warlocks, but are build around mele damage, where thats not too much a good idea in the raid. So Destiny 2 raids are kind of dead to me. I can do then, I enjoyed then, they are well made. The Liar is loving amazing. But they don't represent a progression for me or my character so theres no much a reason for me to fight.

I don't know if Bungie will create a niche for me again in Destiny 2, I can only hope. Maybe masterworks armour is the tiny bit extra survivability that I need.

--Me.

On my dreams I drive a tank the size of france.
The entire Earth is shaking.
The rivers are red from the blood of the elves.
The continent is burning.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Tei posted:

But they don't represent a progression for me or my character so theres no much a reason for me to fight.
This but also for Iron Banner. The only reason I cared about IB in D1 was for higher light gear. So even with the current token system being far better than being stuck with 5 bronze medallions and one point away from Rank 5 for days because I couldn't get on a winning team, it doesn't matter because I no longer care about IB rewards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Y'know, an easy way to let people get exotics they haven't gotten would be to make Xur actually have some variety.

10 Beers fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Jan 12, 2018