Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

lovely picture but

This happened here, he was coming out of a residential area, barely out of a school zone.

The dude went through the stop sign probably doing 50kph cutting across a busy road and hitting the concrete barriers on the other side demolishing a chrysler concorde or 300m or something of that nature.

It's not like he could have just mis-judged his speed of the turn or made some minor error. If he had made the turn he would have hit on-coming traffic. He's drat lucky he didn't hit anybody as is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Seriously, if I ever lived opposite a t-intersection, I'd be putting so many steel girders in front of my house because of idiots like that you'd think it was the Normandy landing.

antisodachrist
Jul 24, 2007

Gorilla Salad posted:

Seriously, if I ever lived opposite a t-intersection, I'd be putting so many steel girders in front of my house because of idiots like that you'd think it was the Normandy landing.

I am guessing that is what this place will do when they open back up.

https://atlanta.eater.com/2017/7/18/15981352/ammazza-car-crash-reopening-temporarily-closed

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Or maybe some of these:

https://i.imgur.com/i5yYFje.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/v5O1H5Y.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/htN1Aiz.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/fY25qmn.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/3CpgspW.mp4

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Sweet Jesus :stare:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

That 3rd one seems specifically designed to kill the driver, too

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wPliTkBR48

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Mein Kampf Enthusiast posted:

You're right, it is the best design! :v:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Gorilla Salad posted:

Some people in my parents' neighborhood were afraid of that and put a couple car-sized boulders in the middle of their yard. On sunny days they're usually draped in cats.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I'm guessing the driver murdering barriers are for places they'd be getting sprayed with gunfire anyways so they're probably already breathing their last.

The barrier is specifically designed to finish the job.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009
Never Mind The Bollards, These Are The People You Share The Road With

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

Never Mind The Bollards, These Are The People You Share The Road With

new thread title right here

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Somehow "brake pedal" and/or "shut ignition off" didn't really register.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Mein Kampf Enthusiast posted:

It's to stop suicide bombers so yes.

https://twitter.com/PilbaraNews/status/950589802671366144

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
Had some idiot turn left into the far lane, cut me off (I turned into the close lane because I'm not that much of a tool) and proceed to do 30 in a 50. Can't wait for the snowbirds to go home again.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Reminds me of a new one I saw the other night.. rolling up on a four way stop, no other traffic but another car behind me. I stop, dipshit behind me dives into the oncoming lane and makes a left turn while I'm still on the stop line. :iiam:

After I got over the initial "what the gently caress??" reaction I decided I should have made a left turn as well just to see if we were going to get into a drag race to determine who has right of way but the moment had passed so we'll never know.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Wow I really need to set up my dashcam. Went to go run a quick errand at the post office, on my way home the 4-way streets only have stop signs in one direction, alternating with each intersection. This car blows the stop sign to turn in front of me and almost rear-ends some guy at a light. I pulled up aside them after we turned and it was a young girl buried in her phone. Noped on out of there as fast as I could.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Protocol7 posted:

Wow I really need to set up my dashcam. Went to go run a quick errand at the post office, on my way home the 4-way streets only have stop signs in one direction, alternating with each intersection. This car blows the stop sign to turn in front of me and almost rear-ends some guy at a light. I pulled up aside them after we turned and it was a young girl buried in her phone. Noped on out of there as fast as I could.

Yeah it is ridiculous.

The one that boggles my mind is pulling up behind a Toyota Corolla (95% of the time). You see the top of the seat/headrest but it appears there is no one behind the wheel.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
It's almost as if the very stiff fines that are very rarely enforced have very little impact.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_whJ5rGz8w

Flawless merge :discourse:

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

The width of the on-ramp makes me think that it was originally two lanes (before the clip started). Then the sedan just wasn't paying attention and didn't see that the lanes merged. The angle of the sun also probably made it difficult to see the lane markers, or lack of them, as the lanes merged, though that's not much of an excuse.

Either that or the sedan tried to play chicken and lost.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
Maybe if the truck merged into the car, but I don't know how you miss a massive loving truck like that.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

totalnewbie posted:

Maybe if the truck merged into the car, but I don't know how you miss a massive loving truck like that.

Must be a seaman.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Ah, SWIFT Driver Training footage.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Ah, SWIFT Driver Training footage.

On how not to do things. A true Swift driver would be able to continue driving the truck after the impact to get his hours in.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
Guy in BMW tried to change lanes as I was 1/3 next to him and passing. So his, of course natural, reaction is to go behind me and start rage flashing his high beam. He then pulls up beside me and I go "What?" With my hand. He proceeded to do the same but more aggressively. This isn't something that is at all common in my country / town, and the guy looked like the kind of psycho that would step out of the car and go up and shoot me at the next red light. Nice.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

MrOnBicycle posted:

Guy in BMW tried to change lanes as I was 1/3 next to him and passing. So his, of course natural, reaction is to go behind me and start rage flashing his high beam. He then pulls up beside me and I go "What?" With my hand. He proceeded to do the same but more aggressively. This isn't something that is at all common in my country / town, and the guy looked like the kind of psycho that would step out of the car and go up and shoot me at the next red light. Nice.

Bunch of assholes on the planet. Over my decades on earth I've somewhat come to the conclusion that sometimes everyone does have a bad a day and you hit the lottery when dealing with it. Of course the converse is you also learn certain behaviors based on said observations to form an opinion that negates the former because they appear true. Like an internal stereotype thing.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I was driving home yesterday and because of an overturned lorry the road was "mostly" closed meaning down to one lane as everyone crawled past. So we're in a 6 mile tailback and about 1 mile away from the accident some gently caress in a 13 ton truck in front of me decides to straddle the lanes for some reason, effectively halving the flow of traffic.

Traffic doesn't work that way rear end in a top hat, you're not helping!

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

MrOnBicycle posted:

Well I mean gently caress you for not being omniscient and knowing he was merging at that exact time, obviously.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
The roads are icy as gently caress here today, and I saw a guy casually run a red light and nearly get t-boned. Not even an attempt to stop, just a very lucky swerve and an alert person on the cross-street.

Bogatyr
Jul 20, 2009

Craptacular posted:

The width of the on-ramp makes me think that it was originally two lanes (before the clip started). Then the sedan just wasn't paying attention and didn't see that the lanes merged. The angle of the sun also probably made it difficult to see the lane markers, or lack of them, as the lanes merged, though that's not much of an excuse.

Either that or the sedan tried to play chicken and lost.

That's McKinley to 91 west onramp in Corona Ca. There are 2 lanes up to a meter light to one lane, generally the lights are staggered and the traffic looks free enough that the meter probably wasn't on, afternoon there the traffic is eastbound.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:
Recently got in an accident where a pick-up truck attempted to do an illegal U-Turn through a traffic island and smashed into my front fender with its truck bed.

I got that car new 2 years ago. :negative:

Dave Inc.
Nov 26, 2007
Let's have a drink!

PT6A posted:

The roads are icy as gently caress here today, and I saw a guy casually run a red light and nearly get t-boned. Not even an attempt to stop, just a very lucky swerve and an alert person on the cross-street.

Nearly happened to me in Charleston when we had snow last week. I know South Carolina doesn't really get snow, but at least try to stop at red lights. This dude stopped late and almost hit me, and then instead of, y'know, stopping and backing out of the intersection, got on the gas and went on through.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
https://cf-b2.streamablevideo.com/video/mp4/3gnff_1.mp4?token=1515761327-168DmnbhQZRyXZ92BGM8uRjGB9Hsm1sO3Viiksd90Tw%3D

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
Been really foggy here on and off the past couple days, which is unusual. On one hand, it means that there are more idiots who can't see and turn on their highs. On the other hand, it means everyone who never turns off their fogs bug me considerably less. Silver linings!

joe944
Jan 31, 2004

What does not destroy me makes me stronger.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyVyKZLZQ6A

Well this happened last month. I merged in front of this guy earlier on the bridge and he went nuts.

Dave Inc.
Nov 26, 2007
Let's have a drink!
Well I think you could have handled that a little more smoothly.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

But if he did we wouldn’t have gotten the sweet video one second away from either of them causing an accident.

joe944
Jan 31, 2004

What does not destroy me makes me stronger.
I think I handled it just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave Inc.
Nov 26, 2007
Let's have a drink!
I mean you threatened to kill someone but okay. Maybe next time just hang out in the right lane and defuse rage instead of heaping it on.