Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

mr_gay_sex_fan posted:

Oh my god didn't know, guess I didn't get my "chicken dinner" as they say on reddit lmao amirite

(is that what you wanted?)

It writes chicken dinner in game when you win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

cinci zoo sniper posted:

which he'd know if he didnt lose lmao

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Pecado is the best thing that's happened to this game since the addition of the groza.

But I hate the fact that the new 8x resets your zoom if you switch guns. It's dumb and stupid.

Lex Neville fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Jan 12, 2018

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

underage at the vape shop posted:

When you hear a crack, it sounds 90 degrees to the plane the that the bullets are on. When you see the bullets hit the trees and ground, you can tell which direction they are in. With both of those, you can figure out roughly +-10 degrees where he is. If you cant hear the gunshots over the crack, it means they are very close, this is true for both supressed and unsupressed.

Its easier with practice, and if you have headphones with a wide soundstage. Headphones that gamers would describe as good for soundwhoring, i wish I had a better word to describe it.

90 degrees relative to what?

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
If a bullet misses you, you'll likely hear the crack of the bullet passing you. The noise comes in front of you, behind, or one of your sides. Say it's to your right, so you know the trajectory of the bullet is 90 degrees: either coming from in front of you or behind you.

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao
What if they shoot above you

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010
I'll try thinking about it next time I'm playing, but I don't think I pay much attention to the supersonic cracks, besides them alerting me that I'm being shot at. I'm more listening to the gun rapport. If I can't hear the gun rapport whether suppressed or not they will be far enough away that me making evasive maneuvers will be enough to not get hit. Also it helps to be aware of your surroundings and positions where enemies could be shooting you from at any given time. This can narrow your "search" down of only a few directions most of the time.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

mr_gay_sex_fan posted:

Oh my god didn't know, guess I didn't get my "chicken dinner" as they say on reddit lmao amirite

(is that what you wanted?)

cinci zoo sniper posted:

underage at the vape shop posted:

which he'd know if he didnt lose lmao

lol

I need to start playing with some goons. I've played a couple a long way back, but nothing since.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

eriddy posted:

What if they shoot above you

Spin around and 360 noscope

Waltchelg
Jan 21, 2009

remeez posted:

What is considered "High ELO" in this game? Is it based off the ingame leaderboard or some 3rd party (NA FPP)?

The matchmaking in this game is incredibly loose to allow for instant queues and I can't tell the difference between day 1 of the season and one month in. I play almost exclusively duos/squads fpp on NA and stay in top 1000 most of the season. There's no such thing as high ELO games in PUBG matchmaking currently.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Waltchelg posted:

The matchmaking in this game is incredibly loose to allow for instant queues and I can't tell the difference between day 1 of the season and one month in. I play almost exclusively duos/squads fpp on NA and stay in top 1000 most of the season. There's no such thing as high ELO games in PUBG matchmaking currently.

:shrug: Either there is some sort of bottom tier when you just start out, or lagging the gently caress out on foreign servers is a massive advantage instead of a drawback in which case :lol:

For reference:

DrNutt posted:

I really enjoyed when the game defaulted me to AS after the patch and I played the whole game wondering 1) why I was dealing with so much loving lag and 2) how in the hell I got like 9 kills and a top 5 solo fpp finish.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

The netcode gives the advantage to the lagger, it's some 1992 level poo poo. So yes, being a lagger on a foreign server will make things a little easier on average.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Zaodai posted:

The netcode gives the advantage to the lagger, it's some 1992 level poo poo. So yes, being a lagger on a foreign server will make things a little easier on average.

Oh god it's high level Destiny PvP all over again. Except this time I was the teleporting Brazillian.

:wtf:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Mods change my name to Teleporting Brazilian.

Fantastipotamus
Nov 19, 2002

Nothing's wrong. Nothing is wrong. Everything is on track.
Some guy schooled me last night in the closing round, he was outfitted in the ful sniper ‘oh what me no I’m just a bush’ sniper getup, and I had NO idea where he was. Never saw that outfit before (which isn’t surprising as I’ve had the game like 2 weeks).. nor, one could argue, did I see that outfit during. Ahh well.

Also, I’m an old guy who is happy anytime I crack the top 10, despite it being a loss. :corsair:

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

Zaodai posted:

The 90s pretty much exclusively favored lower pings. Your gun would not physically register hits or not even fire until the server said you could. The high ping advantages are new and baffling to me.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

cosmicjim posted:

The 90s pretty much exclusively favored lower pings. Your gun would not physically register hits or not even fire until the server said you could. The high ping advantages are new and baffling to me.

A lot of the US has extremely lovely Internet, I am betting they are trying to keep those people happy and playing. It's dumb but here we are.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

cosmicjim posted:

There were plenty of games back in ye olden times that either smoothed things out by waiting for the slowest client (basically given the lagger the appearance of less lag on their end because their client was the closest thing visually to what was happening) or they just straight up made everything clientside with no sanity checking, a la the first Planetside where you could unplug your internet, shoot a bunch of people while disconnected, reconnect and all those shots would register regardless of where the players had actually been at that time.

DrNutt posted:

A lot of the US has extremely lovely Internet, I am betting they are trying to keep those people happy and playing. It's dumb but here we are.

It also helps their Chinese friends because lord knows they don't play on a server anywhere near them geographically.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Zaodai posted:

It also helps their Chinese friends because lord knows they don't play on a server anywhere near them geographically.

Honestly that's probably the bigger concern for Bluehole given the Scrooge McDuck money they are getting from the Chinese at this point.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Zaodai posted:

There were plenty of games back in ye olden times that either smoothed things out by waiting for the slowest client (basically given the lagger the appearance of less lag on their end because their client was the closest thing visually to what was happening) or they just straight up made everything clientside with no sanity checking, a la the first Planetside where you could unplug your internet, shoot a bunch of people while disconnected, reconnect and all those shots would register regardless of where the players had actually been

PUBG had this. I wish this was a joke, but it isn’t.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

Zaodai posted:

There were plenty of games back in ye olden times that either smoothed things out by waiting for the slowest client (basically given the lagger the appearance of less lag on their end because their client was the closest thing visually to what was happening) or they just straight up made everything clientside with no sanity checking, a la the first Planetside where you could unplug your internet, shoot a bunch of people while disconnected, reconnect and all those shots would register regardless of where the players had actually been at that time.

Those are 2000s and later trying to rectify the sins of quake.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Fantastipotamus posted:

Some guy schooled me last night in the closing round, he was outfitted in the ful sniper ‘oh what me no I’m just a bush’ sniper getup, and I had NO idea where he was. Never saw that outfit before (which isn’t surprising as I’ve had the game like 2 weeks).. nor, one could argue, did I see that outfit during. Ahh well.

It’s called a ghillie suit and you can only find it in crates

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

DrNutt posted:

:shrug: Either there is some sort of bottom tier when you just start out, or lagging the gently caress out on foreign servers is a massive advantage instead of a drawback in which case :lol:

For reference:

You are massively advantaged with a high ping assuming you spot the enemy first.

DrNutt posted:

That or maybe Bluehole/PUBG Corp are just incompetent? I mean they nerfed the Revolver of all things so signs point to general incompetence.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Le0 posted:

you can never find enough of them to have the whole team with them and therefore compensator is best in that case.

if you manage to take out a team or two of loot goblins you can probably manage it. My main problem is that if you have a silencer its annoying when your team mate without one stands right next to you and starts shooting at dudes who haven't yet figured out where you are. Thanks dude.

Matazat
Aug 12, 2011

Does the AK suck now or did I just get bad? I can't hit anything at range with it, and even at close range I keep dying because the full auto sprays all over the place.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Matazat posted:

Does the AK suck now or did I just get bad? I can't hit anything at range with it, and even at close range I keep dying because the full auto sprays all over the place.

The AK is fantastic if you just full auto spray someone at 100 meters and get your headshots. Of course it's much more likely to deal zero damage.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's trash.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Pull down and try to stick to 5 round bursts

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Built a new computer and the game now holds like 70 FPS in Miramar prison with all 100 people there before airplane. :eyepop:

Time to stop covering random rocks with sniper fire because I played on a toaster.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Matazat posted:

See: compensators are better than silencers.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Got the noob who stole my UAZ down to 1 hp before he ran me over, hit the wall i was next to and killed himself.

gently caress.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

You can pop bike tires now and it's absolutely hilarious. The first time I did it the guy flipped forwards and ran himself over, I didn't even really see it happen but after watching the replay it was totally worth not being awarded a kill

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao
this was super satisfying:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qxv7HrIlH4A

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

Academically, I see why the 5.56 rifles are superior in most situations, especially when the western rifles benefit more from attachments and their superior range / control. Despite that, I have hella good luck with the AKM and a lot of my 5+ kill games has been with Izhmash's finest. Dunno if I'm benefiting from my play style or if it's just confirmation bias.

They should add an AK-15. A nice, modern 7.62 with proper rails and desert digicam paint.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Appoda posted:

Academically, I see why the 5.56 rifles are superior in most situations, especially when the western rifles benefit more from attachments and their superior range / control. Despite that, I have hella good luck with the AKM and a lot of my 5+ kill games has been with Izhmash's finest. Dunno if I'm benefiting from my play style or if it's just confirmation bias.

They should add an AK-15. A nice, modern 7.62 with proper rails and desert digicam paint.

The AK is exceptionally good if you hit all of your shots and get a headshot in there. It's just an exceptionally unreliable gun outside of 5 meters.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Odobenidae posted:

You can pop bike tires now and it's absolutely hilarious. The first time I did it the guy flipped forwards and ran himself over, I didn't even really see it happen but after watching the replay it was totally worth not being awarded a kill

my buddy did this to me and i didn't realize it makes it so you can't turn and i drove into the ocean.

Blowdryer
Jan 25, 2008
I've been told the AK is very accurate for the first 2 shots. Kind of like CS.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Blowdryer posted:

No better than other ars and it's loud and has the worst bullet velocity of the lot. It'll do in a pinch but drop it as soon as you can unless...I dunno...you don't want to drop your 7.62.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Blowdryer posted:

every gun is pinpoint accurate in this game, its the recoil that varies a lot. it's nothing like cs where your cursor will be at their feet but you'll be getting headshots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."
There is no worse feeling than winning 3 close combat fights and then getting sniped by some chucklefuck I had no hopes of seeing